AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers)

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: AFTERMATH: EMPIRE'S END (Countdown, Speculation, Reviews, Spoilers)

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 31 Jan - 21:51

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Rogue Rey wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:I'm calling it now: Ben and Rey were both born on Jakku.
@ISeeAnIsland

If Ben was born on Jakku then his Father had a low opinion of the planet his one and only child was born on!!!

Didn't he call it a junkyard???
@Rogue Rey

That's good catch. I think Han would react differently at the mention of Jakku then.
@Darth_Awakened

But some people think Kylo is garbage so....
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 31 Jan - 21:55

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Rogue Rey wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:I'm calling it now: Ben and Rey were both born on Jakku.
@ISeeAnIsland

If Ben was born on Jakku then his Father had a low opinion of the planet his one and only child was born on!!!

@Rogue Rey

That's good catch. I think Han would react differently at the mention of Jakku then.
@Darth_Awakened

I don't think that Leia will exactly choose to give birth there. I think that they're setting things up for her to go into labor during the Battle of Jakku, which will likely place her near or on Jakku for Ben's birth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Tue 31 Jan - 21:56

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Rogue Rey wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:I'm calling it now:  Ben and Rey were both born on Jakku.
@ISeeAnIsland

@Rogue Rey

@Darth_Awakened

But some people think Kylo is garbage so....
@Xylo Ren

True there are many out there who think that!

But even his old pa??? Evil or Very Mad  Bad Han. lol!

@ISeeAnIsland oh yeah Leia probably didn't plan on having her baby on a bleak desert planet on the edge of settled space.

I just had a micro thought - what if Lor San Tekka was present at Ben's birth - he did know where he came from after all!!!! Sorry I'm going too far!!! lol!
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 31 Jan - 22:32

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Rogue Rey wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

@Rogue Rey

@Darth_Awakened

I don't think that Leia will exactly choose to give birth there. I think that they're setting things up for her to go into labor during the Battle of Jakku, which will likely place her near or on Jakku for Ben's birth.
@ISeeAnIsland

No way she would chose it. However, having in mind Han's reaction, it didn't look like he associatea Jakku with something personal and very dramatic (as the birth of his now dark side turned son would be in the heat of the battle).
I just don't know actually. We shall see in 3 weeks I guess.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 31 Jan - 22:40

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Rogue Rey wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

@Rogue Rey

@Darth_Awakened

@ISeeAnIsland

Ben being born among chaos would definitely suit his character. And if Snoke is on Jakku at that time in some form, well...
ZioRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Wed 1 Feb - 5:12

@ZioRen wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Rogue Rey wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland

@Rogue Rey

@Darth_Awakened

@ISeeAnIsland

Ben being born among chaos would definitely suit his character. And if Snoke is on Jakku at that time in some form, well...
@ZioRen

Agreed. I think Ben being unexpectedly born on Jakku during the Battle of Jakku is almost too perfect an opportunity to pass up, story wise. I guess we'll see soon!
Kessel
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 1 Feb - 18:16

I saw some interesting speculation elsewhere online that perhaps Lando's gift to baby Ben would be the legacy lightsaber...

If not as a baby gift, the Empire's End excerpt certainly hints that there would be a lot of people working on reconstruction projects around Bespin, so it starts to make more sense that a worker could have found/recovered the lightsaber.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 1 Feb - 20:10

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:I saw some interesting speculation elsewhere online that perhaps Lando's gift to baby Ben would be the legacy lightsaber...

If not as a baby gift, the Empire's End excerpt certainly hints that there would be a lot of people working on reconstruction projects around Bespin, so it starts to make more sense that a worker could have found/recovered the lightsaber.
@ISeeAnIsland

Dear God!

I completely forgot about that connection.
It's definitely a possibility .
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 1 Feb - 21:42

Star Wars Books ‏@DelReyStarWars 47m47 minutes ago
More
From #StarWarsShow double-sided poster only in #EmpiresEnd B&N edition w/ Norra Wexley & GRAND ADMIRAL RAE SLOANE Art by @stevethomasart

Only Rae Sloane for me. Nora can kick the bucket.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Tue 7 Feb - 19:49

This tweet is very intriguing. Wonder who it could be, Rae Sloane, maybe? https://twitter.com/starwarsnewsnet/status/829044095272284161
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 7 Feb - 20:32

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:This tweet is very intriguing. Wonder who it could be, Rae Sloane, maybe? https://twitter.com/starwarsnewsnet/status/829044095272284161
@Mrs Ben Solo

I would love it to be Rae Sloane...and she seemed at the start of a redemption arc at the end of Life Debt.. the one character whose redemption would make me fall off my chair is Rax... What a Face

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Tue 7 Feb - 20:40

@panki wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:This tweet is very intriguing. Wonder who it could be, Rae Sloane, maybe? https://twitter.com/starwarsnewsnet/status/829044095272284161
@Mrs Ben Solo

I would love it to be Rae Sloane...and she seemed at the start of a redemption arc at the end of Life Debt.. the one character whose redemption would make me fall off my chair is Rax... What a Face
@panki

Right now I'm thinking that it might be Rae Sloane but wasn't she already a fan favourite?i know that doesn't mean she couldn't have a redemption arc but I thought it was obvious thing were going that way since Life Debt.
But yeah Rax having a redemption arc would totally shock me in a way not even a Kylo one would. affraid Laughing

CienaRee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 7 Feb - 20:55

Rae is fan favorite but she's working for the Empire so she technically falls into bad guy category. The tweet is probably about her though Rax would be mind-blowing surprise. How did SWNN get to read the book early? meaning more people may get their hands on it and I mean people willing to spoil like those Tumblrinas who read Bloodline and Life Debt.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Tue 7 Feb - 20:58

@vaderito wrote:Rae is fan favorite but she's working for the Empire so she technically falls into bad guy category. The tweet is probably about her though Rax would be mind-blowing surprise. How did SWNN get to read the book early?
@vaderito

Advance copies have already been sent out to some reviewers. I think they're under embargo until the release date or closer to it, at least. There has been mention of a Dutch leak but I can't find anything so I don't know if it was a joke.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 7 Feb - 21:01

lets keep an eye on the Dutch leak and Tumblr. Something will pop up. Though The Catalyst didn't or nobody really cared?
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sat 11 Feb - 1:39

@CienaRee wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@panki

Right now I'm thinking that it might be Rae Sloane but wasn't she already a fan favourite?i know that doesn't mean she couldn't have a redemption arc but I thought it was obvious thing were going that way since Life Debt.
But yeah Rax having a redemption arc would totally shock me in a way not even a Kylo one would. affraid Laughing
@CienaRee

Could Rax show up in the ST under a different name?
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee on Sat 11 Feb - 2:31

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@CienaRee wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@panki

@CienaRee

Could Rax show up in the ST under a different name?
@ReyofLightSide

There have been some speculations that he's Snoke but if we exclude those I guess it's posisble if doesn't die in Empire's End.

CienaRee
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 11 Feb - 2:56

Sloane almost seems too obvious, in that she was clearly turning against the Empire at the end of Life Debt. Her doing something heroic in Empire's End wouldn't really surprise me. I would be ecstatic if TLJ ends with Kylo being in the same general place that Sloane ended Life Debt in.

I can't see it being Rax--he's pretty clearly set up to be the Big Bad of the Aftermath trilogy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Sat 11 Feb - 3:30

Two Empire's End spoilers have been circulating one (the more reasonable sounding one) has been debunked but the other (crazy one) hasn't been as yet. I'll put them in spoiler tags, although I just can't believe the second one is true...

Spoiler:
Some fans were getting upset about a spoiler that Wedge Antilles got killed during the Battle of Jakku. Reliable sources are now saying this one isn't true. The other "spoiler" about Empire's End "redeeming" a character is supposed to be about... Jar Jar Binks! There has been no debunking of it so far but... Jar Jar Binks... It sounds so crazy it might be true!
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 11 Feb - 3:31

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Two Empire's End spoilers have been circulating one (the more reasonable sounding one) has been debunked but the other (crazy one) hasn't been as yet. I'll put them in spoiler tags, although I just can't believe the second one is true...

Spoiler:
Some fans were getting upset about a spoiler that Wedge Antilles got killed during the Battle of Jakku. Reliable sources are now saying this one isn't true. The other "spoiler" about Empire's End "redeeming" a character is supposed to be about... Jar Jar Binks! There has been no debunking of it so far but... Jar Jar Binks... It sounds so crazy it might be true!
@Mrs Ben Solo

I really have no words for this... lol!

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Sat 11 Feb - 4:14

@IoJovi wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Two Empire's End spoilers have been circulating one (the more reasonable sounding one) has been debunked but the other (crazy one) hasn't been as yet. I'll put them in spoiler tags, although I just can't believe the second one is true...

Spoiler:
@Mrs Ben Solo

I really have no words for this... lol!
@IoJovi

What?! No! This has to be crack seriously!

Unless the're finally proving that the Darth Jar Jar theory is correct? Wink
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 11 Feb - 8:04

Spoiler:
@Mrs Ben Solo

First one: Sounds legit to me.
Second one: LOL Crazy enough I desperately want that to be true!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 11 Feb - 16:43

@Darth_Awakened wrote:

Spoiler:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@Darth_Awakened

Does it make me a bad person that I enjoy hating the character from the crazy spoiler so much that I'm hoping that it won't be true?

Following Chuck Wendig and his sense of humor on twitter, though...I wouldn't put it past him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 11 Feb - 16:53

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:

Spoiler:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@Darth_Awakened

Does it make me a bad person that I enjoy hating the character from the crazy spoiler so much that I'm hoping that it won't be true?

Following Chuck Wendig and his sense of humor on twitter, though...I wouldn't put it past him.
@ISeeAnIsland

LOL
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Mon 13 Feb - 7:29

Soo it seems that some Canadian redditors already have the book and are discussing spoilers in the reddit thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/5tqzvl/psspoilers_empires_end_make_it_rain_spoilers/
SkyStar
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum