Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 6:21 am

@ZioRen wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

Is he connected with SW/LFL/Disney? 

New target for salty antis?
@Rei of Sunshine

I want to know too. Is this person important? I don't like accidentally getting all excited over a (relative, I'm sure he's a swell guy) nobody.
@ZioRen

From what I can tell, I've exchanged a few tweets with him on Twitter, he's a Star Wars fan and Reylo shipper. He draws Reylo art and writes fanfiction too. He's commented (nice things) on a few of my fanfics. He isn't affiliated with Disney or LF in any way as far as I know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 9:30 am

It's only speculation but PH didn't dismiss it out of hand. I have wondered about the possibility, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 9:36 am

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:It's only speculation but PH didn't dismiss it out of hand. I have wondered about the possibility, too.

@Mrs Ben Solo

I think this tweet is along the lines of "Go with what you see in TFA.". In other words, the movie itself didn't debunk it it, so it's still possible. Whether it's true or not remains to be seen.
Interesting though, because I think most of us here, including myself are under the assumption that she was dropped off from somewhere else and abandoned.

Even more interesting is that it's very likely Ben was born on Jakku, and we should find out for sure in a couple of weeks with Empire's End!
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 9:59 am

Does anyone know if some countries will get Empire's End before Feb 21 (American release date)?
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:00 am

Looks like Jason was rejected access to a press pass at SWCO this year. I guess it makes sense considering the fact that he has made revealing Lucasfilm's secrets his job, but he seems pretty disappointed nonetheless. And if you look at the bottom of this image you can see some proof that Jason and co. have indeed been keeping certain spoilers about The Last Jedi under wraps.

By the way it feels sooooo weird to have a title for Episode VIII. xD
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:02 am

Uh oh......is he going to release more of the good spoilers soon?

Last edited by Birdwoman on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:03 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Looks like Jason was rejected access to a press pass at SWCO this year. I guess it makes sense considering the fact that he has made revealing Lucasfilm's secrets his job, but he seems pretty disappointed nonetheless. And if you look at the bottom of this image you can see some proof that Jason and co. have indeed been keeping certain spoilers about The Last Jedi under wraps.

@FrolickingFizzgig

I haven't taken the time to listen to a lot of his podcasts as of late, but the general discussion I see on this board tells me he's been pretty Reylo friendly as of late, even if it's from a one-sided perspective. I'm wondering if that mindset is coming from actual information he's received?

Regardless Jason, let's hear everything you know!!!
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:09 am

@iojovi eh, I wouldn't say he's 'reylo friendly'. They spitball a lot of ideas for how Kylo could redeem himself and every now and then his future relationship with Rey will come up. But they don't see evidence for romance in TFA* and think Kylo could be incredibly angry with Rey for humiliating him. Jason's said many times that he doesn't have a horse in the race, he just wants a good story. But yeah, he doesn't seem to oppose the idea of 'reylo' on principle like lots of other fans.

* edited to add I should say 'anymore'. Because when they did their initial review of TFA they repeatedly brought up how infatuated Kylo seemed to be with Rey. I guess once they realized it wasn't a popular fan theory, they dialed that way down, lol.
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:17 am

He can't say that maybe the heroine will have a change of mind. Anyway, I'm not expecting anything from this movie. Kylo Ren angry and extremely vengeful doesn't quite make sense, because he wants something from the last Jedi and the Jedi temple.
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:26 am

@IoJovi wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:It's only speculation but PH didn't dismiss it out of hand. I have wondered about the possibility, too.

@Mrs Ben Solo

I think this tweet is along the lines of "Go with what you see in TFA.". In other words, the movie itself didn't debunk it it, so it's still possible. Whether it's true or not remains to be seen.
Interesting though, because I think most of us here, including myself are under the assumption that she was dropped off from somewhere else and abandoned.

Even more interesting is that it's very likely Ben was born on Jakku, and we should find out for sure in a couple of weeks with Empire's End!
@IoJovi

FWIW, there's a commenter on reddit (reddit, I know, I know) who sometimes goes through and debunks the fake leak stuff, and claims that Rey was born on Jakku (nothing about her parentage). I'd blow it off, but going through his commenting history, he had some things correct about Rogue One before its release. Just mentioning this as a data point to note.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:29 am

This fandom is an amazing social experiment. Censorship everywhere.
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:30 am

@Maria Antonietta wrote:He can't say that maybe the heroine will have a change of mind. Anyway, I'm not expecting anything from this movie. Kylo Ren angry and extremely vengeful doesn't quite make sense, because he wants something from the last Jedi and the Jedi temple.
@Maria Antonietta
What does Kylo being furious with Rey for humiliating him have to do with what he potentially wants on Ahch-To? One element is character based and has to do with how the players are going to interact and how drama is going to play out, the other is entirely plot related. It makes so much sense for Kylo to be angry after what happened to him in TFA. It's a totally basic (i.e. to be expected) beast character archetype. I've said this before but any strong emotion is a good sign. Anger is passion and passion leads to character development, tension, drama, etc. Rey totally whooped his a** and embarrassed him by weakening him physically and mentally. He's going to be fuming!
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:33 am

@BastilaBey wrote:@iojovi eh, I wouldn't say he's 'reylo friendly'. They spitball a lot of ideas for how Kylo could redeem himself and every now and then his future relationship with Rey will come up. But they don't see evidence for romance in TFA* and think Kylo could be incredibly angry with Rey for humiliating him. Jason's said many times that he doesn't have a horse in the race, he just wants a good story. But yeah, he doesn't seem to oppose the idea of 'reylo' on principle like lots of other fans.

* edited to add I should say 'anymore'. Because when they did their initial review of TFA they repeatedly brought up how infatuated Kylo seemed to be with Rey. I guess once they realized it wasn't a popular fan theory, they dialed that way down, lol.
@BastilaBey

Right. And to clarify, in their most recent podcast, they were talking about how a possible Kylo Ren redemption could come about, and what would drive that, Jason said something like, "Kylo Ren can't just fall in love with Rey" as a way of redemption. (And I think all of us here agree with that.)

So, no, not necessarily two-way Reylo-friendly, but he's acknowledging what was in TFA, if you cut away the Reywalker and other fanboy noise.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:49 am

@Maria Antonietta wrote:This fandom is an amazing social experiment. Censorship everywhere.
@Maria Antonietta

ITA, I remember a couple of months back I was ridiculed for even suggesting that MSW was censoring its opinions because it is a blog that is someone's lively hood. Well now.....
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:54 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:This fandom is an amazing social experiment. Censorship everywhere.
@Maria Antonietta

ITA, I remember a couple of months back I was ridiculed for even suggesting that MSW was censoring its opinions because it is a blog that is someone's lively hood. Well now.....
@spacebaby45678

Exactly. If you talk with normal people, you wouldn't receive such nasty responses.
If sw is really a fairy tale, it should teach you to be against every censorship. I really don't know how these fanboys think
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:55 am

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:@iojovi eh, I wouldn't say he's 'reylo friendly'. They spitball a lot of ideas for how Kylo could redeem himself and every now and then his future relationship with Rey will come up. But they don't see evidence for romance in TFA* and think Kylo could be incredibly angry with Rey for humiliating him. Jason's said many times that he doesn't have a horse in the race, he just wants a good story. But yeah, he doesn't seem to oppose the idea of 'reylo' on principle like lots of other fans.

@BastilaBey

Right. And to clarify, in their most recent podcast, they were talking about how a possible Kylo Ren redemption could come about, and what would drive that, Jason said something like, "Kylo Ren can't just fall in love with Rey" as a way of redemption. (And I think all of us here agree with that.)

So, no, not necessarily two-way Reylo-friendly, but he's acknowledging what was in TFA, if you cut away the Reywalker and other fanboy noise.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yep, and that's a pretty common sense statement. The driving factor in his redemption has to be a recognition that he's in the wrong and a motivation to "make things right". That he has a villainous crush on the heroine in TFA tells us his act of true selflessness will be on her behalf.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:05 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Looks like Jason was rejected access to a press pass at SWCO this year. I guess it makes sense considering the fact that he has made revealing Lucasfilm's secrets his job, but he seems pretty disappointed nonetheless. And if you look at the bottom of this image you can see some proof that Jason and co. have indeed been keeping certain spoilers about The Last Jedi under wraps.

@FrolickingFizzgig

And there's also a tweet somewhere in there that says that he has had media passes for Celebration before, so this sounds like a new thing. Kind of surprising, given that it seems like MSW has been "playing nice" with LF.

I've seen this happen before. My husband was part of a pretty high-profile collective blog for a professional sports team (on the level that they'd be issued press passes, invited to media events, etc), and depending on who was in the front office for the team at the time, they'd play games with revoking media access for them if they posted critical things about the team's management, etc.

IMO, this is a total slap-on-the-wrist from LF for Jason...

ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:08 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

@spacebaby45678
Lol, at the time people disagreed with you because you called MSW misogynist gatekeepers, not simply because you suggested that they were avoiding certain topics.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:10 pm

Let's play nice, please. Thank you.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:11 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

@spacebaby45678

and I am still waiting to be disproven on that, I don't care if they give their girlfriends and wives a podcast on their website... l can barely listen to the two hours of their drivel... however, as a person who has been in business for herself for the last 7 years , successfully, I do admire their acumen...
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:13 pm

I don't think the MSW team are misogynistic or gatekeepers in the sw fandom at all. We might not agree with them on every point, but Jason and co really are very progressive. Sal's daughter has a podcast focused on Rebels and shipping which he likes to tout on ntip, they have female guests quite frequently and of course, Jason's wife has her own podcast on the network with a feminist angle. Just because people don't see 'reylo' right now, that doesn't make them the enemy.
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:16 pm

If they are censoring themselves they are definitely gatekeepers and now that they have been slapped on the wrist, will they spill or withhold more?
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:26 pm

From Jason's earlier tweets (last year) and various podcasts I'am guessing that the most spoilers he has are the ones from the B plot.

He said a long ago, that they know things on Finn's mission and KMT as well.
But actually, he never went out with that in full scope.

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 28 Jan 2017, 12:33 pm

I get the feeling that the scenes we want to hear about most were filmed on the secret set.

The trailers for TLJ will be very telling - not for what they show, but for what they don't show.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum