ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 21 Feb 2017, 9:47 pm

There *has to be* an excellent photo of Adam Driver in that layout. I don't think Annie Leibowitz could resist. She's photographed AD several times and I think she loves him as a subject.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4285
Likes : 20279
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Gemini on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 1:47 am

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Gemini wrote:If the saber in his hand was hidden/removed because it is irrelevant, then why is it making an appearance in new material in November 2016?

I'm not sure it's even in the new comic yet but will look. If it's there, I'd say it was not hidden because it means nothing, it's removed because it means everything.


@Mrs Ben solo

He did backtrack, he said it was his glove after those tweets with you where he clearly implies it's something.
@Gemini
See, I don't get this line of thinking. If it was meant to be as obvious as you say it is that Rey was/is a Kenobi then why would they remove crucial foreshadowing and make it impossible to even identify the lightsaber in question? IMO, it's just impossible to say right now what the rain scene is meant to signify. Like others have said, so much editing went on with Rey's vision that it basically became a random jumble of randomness. That's not to say there isn't still valuable information in it, but they cut out/changed a lot. At one point the rain bit was evidently meant to show how Maz got Luke's saber from Ben, but we have no idea how the scene evolved after that or if that idea was even kept. Chances are it is/was Luke's saber, but who knows.
@FrolickingFizzgig

At this point I have no idea who's saber it is. It's blue and It certainly doesn't like like anakins in trailer. But we now know it was never Luke's (thank f**** because I was worried about that) because even though the hilt looks similar to obi wan, his was green.

Several things which hint at who rey is were in the trailer and are now not in tfa

Jj said he decided not to reveal who she is in tfa, maybe that's why all traces were removed. It seems to also be part of the KOR backstory which they decided they did not want revealed until 8, again, that's why it's removed? It may not be obibwans but I'm sure that saber, no matter who's it is , is the key to who she is.

Are they still going to use this device to tell us? I don't know.

But the visuals uncut are so strong it's a perfect way to do it

And it's still popping up in comics co written by the guy who wrote Aftermath..injust personally sense that the saber is important to episode 8 and they want the hilt revealed in that movie not 7
avatar
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2379
Likes : 10021
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:20 am

It seems they decided fairly late in the game what to reveal and what not to reveal.

TFA Trailer #3

Maz; Who are you?
Rey; No One.

Knights of Ren scene with Kylo holding a Saber ( not Anakins) Anakin's Saber was in Trailer 2 held by Leia , and it is so distinctive that you would know it if Kylo was holding it. Not Luke's either it has been confirmed that Luke has his ROTJ green saber for EP8. So that leaves one very important saber unaccounted for and that is Obi's.


Maz; I have lived long enough to see the same eyes in different people, I see your eyes, I know your eyes.... Of course Mary Ann Brandon said this changed in editing because they need to make Finn more sympathetic, but the lines were originally for Rey. But you can hear the full lines in this commercial.



So who are you changes to "Who is the girl?"

avatar
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2593
Likes : 5990
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 10:38 am

@Gemini wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Gemini wrote:If the saber in his hand was hidden/removed because it is irrelevant, then why is it making an appearance in new material in November 2016?

I'm not sure it's even in the new comic yet but will look. If it's there, I'd say it was not hidden because it means nothing, it's removed because it means everything.


@Mrs Ben solo

He did backtrack, he said it was his glove after those tweets with you where he clearly implies it's something.
@Gemini
See, I don't get this line of thinking. If it was meant to be as obvious as you say it is that Rey was/is a Kenobi then why would they remove crucial foreshadowing and make it impossible to even identify the lightsaber in question? IMO, it's just impossible to say right now what the rain scene is meant to signify. Like others have said, so much editing went on with Rey's vision that it basically became a random jumble of randomness. That's not to say there isn't still valuable information in it, but they cut out/changed a lot. At one point the rain bit was evidently meant to show how Maz got Luke's saber from Ben, but we have no idea how the scene evolved after that or if that idea was even kept. Chances are it is/was Luke's saber, but who knows.
@FrolickingFizzgig

At this point I have no idea who's saber it is. It's blue and It certainly doesn't like like anakins in trailer. But we now know it was never Luke's (thank f**** because I was worried about that) because even though the hilt looks similar to obi wan, his was green.

Several things which hint at who rey is were in the trailer and are now not in tfa

Jj said he decided not to reveal who she is in tfa, maybe that's why all traces were removed. It seems to also be part of the KOR backstory which they decided they did not want revealed until 8, again, that's why it's removed? It may not be obibwans but I'm sure that saber, no matter who's it is , is the key to who she is.

Are they still going to use this device to tell us? I don't know.

But the visuals uncut are so strong it's a perfect way to do it

And it's still popping up in comics co written by the guy who wrote Aftermath..injust personally sense that the saber is important to episode 8 and they want the hilt revealed in that movie not 7
@Gemini
By "Luke's" saber I did mean Anakin's, sorry. Anakin's youngling murdering saber, Luke's first saber. I'm not sure why I called it Luke's seeing as he only used it for one movie, lol. It just seems logical that it would be Anakin's if the scene was originally supposed to be some kind of memory of how Maz got that specific lightsaber from Kylo. They cut it into something else, but that's how it started. Maybe it'll still end up being that later down the road or it'll be something else.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3976
Likes : 34371
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 23
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Gemini on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 1:43 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Gemini wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Gemini wrote:If the saber in his hand was hidden/removed because it is irrelevant, then why is it making an appearance in new material in November 2016?

I'm not sure it's even in the new comic yet but will look. If it's there, I'd say it was not hidden because it means nothing, it's removed because it means everything.


@Mrs Ben solo

He did backtrack, he said it was his glove after those tweets with you where he clearly implies it's something.
@Gemini
See, I don't get this line of thinking. If it was meant to be as obvious as you say it is that Rey was/is a Kenobi then why would they remove crucial foreshadowing and make it impossible to even identify the lightsaber in question? IMO, it's just impossible to say right now what the rain scene is meant to signify. Like others have said, so much editing went on with Rey's vision that it basically became a random jumble of randomness. That's not to say there isn't still valuable information in it, but they cut out/changed a lot. At one point the rain bit was evidently meant to show how Maz got Luke's saber from Ben, but we have no idea how the scene evolved after that or if that idea was even kept. Chances are it is/was Luke's saber, but who knows.
@FrolickingFizzgig

At this point I have no idea who's saber it is. It's blue and It certainly doesn't like like anakins in trailer. But we now know it was never Luke's (thank f**** because I was worried about that) because even though the hilt looks similar to obi wan, his was green.

Several things which hint at who rey is were in the trailer and are now not in tfa

Jj said he decided not to reveal who she is in tfa, maybe that's why all traces were removed. It seems to also be part of the KOR backstory which they decided they did not want revealed until 8, again, that's why it's removed? It may not be obibwans but I'm sure that saber, no matter who's it is , is the key to who she is.

Are they still going to use this device to tell us? I don't know.

But the visuals uncut are so strong it's a perfect way to do it

And it's still popping up in comics co written by the guy who wrote Aftermath..injust personally sense that the saber is important to episode 8 and they want the hilt revealed in that movie not 7
@Gemini
By "Luke's" saber I did mean Anakin's, sorry. Anakin's youngling murdering saber, Luke's first saber. I'm not sure why I called it Luke's seeing as he only used it for one movie, lol. It just seems logical that it would be Anakin's if the scene was originally supposed to be some kind of memory of how Maz got that specific lightsaber from Kylo. They cut it into something else, but that's how it started. Maybe it'll still end up being that later down the road or it'll be something else.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Could be I don't know. All I know is that by visuals originally it appears that kylo killed a clans man for a saber and he sees rey when he holds it. Could be anakins? Possibly because it is connected to rey now. It's not clear enough to see really, in vince's video he sharpened it up all nice and it doesn't look like anakins but that's just me.

Anyhoo I'll just leave the discussion about it now, was just snooping for more info on that comic, doesn't seem to be in no6 but there was a hardback released in Dec where they sometimes put new art in them. Will look and see
avatar
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2379
Likes : 10021
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 2:10 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:@Gemini

Oh, I definitely think he's holding something there.

I was just talking about the comic. You really don't know whose saber is, you just know it's blue. And it appears on Rey's flashback, so it's just one image, there's no explanation about it.

@Piper Maru

Which comic is that?
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1556
Likes : 8010
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:15 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I'm not sure how reliable this source is but they're saying they've heard that Vanity Fair will release The Last Jedi issue with photos by Annie Leibovitz the first week in May. https://twitter.com/StarWarsJunk/status/834060029707825152

avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1971
Likes : 17757
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Maria Antonietta on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:19 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I'm not sure how reliable this source is but they're saying they've heard that Vanity Fair will release The Last Jedi issue with photos by Annie Leibovitz the first week in May. https://twitter.com/StarWarsJunk/status/834060029707825152

@Xylo Ren

I hope they will release them on my birthday
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2722
Likes : 12080
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:24 pm

Official 40th Anniversary poster for Celebration, posted today.

I love how Rey and Kylo are the only ones with lightsabers. #forceusercouple #cuttingourweddingcake

avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1971
Likes : 17757
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Irina de France on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:26 pm

Poe is the same size Hux and Phasma are. The poster seems to make it clear there's a heroic trio and a villain trio, but Kylo, Finn and Rey are all the same size. I think it just proves they are the narrative trio rather than Harry, Ron and Hermione (what?).

_________________

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]


Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!


Avatar source: [X]
avatar
Irina de France
Moderator

Messages : 1800
Likes : 8907
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 22
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by snufkin on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:31 pm

Notice how they parallel same as the couples from the PT and OT?
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6916
Likes : 31203
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by snufkin on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:33 pm

IHuh and actual siblings parallel adopted siblings
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6916
Likes : 31203
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:37 pm

@snufkin wrote:Notice how they parallel same as the couples from the PT and OT?
@snufkin

Yes! Hahaha! And it looks like they're fighting together, not against each other. In TFA poster they're also together, merging their weapons and looking at the same spot.

I also love how Rey/her speeder is a parallel to Obi-Wan doing the Jedi Mind Trick  Laughing


Last edited by Piper Maru on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1147
Likes : 8739
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Helix on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:44 pm

Obi Wan/ Chewie. The forgotten love.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2499
Likes : 10469
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by snufkin on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:44 pm

@Piper Maru wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Notice how they parallel same as the couples from the PT and OT?
@snufkin

Yes! Hahaha! And it looks like they're fighting together, not against each other. In TFA poster they're also together, merging their weapons and looking at the same spot.

I also love how Rey/her bike is a parallel to Obi-Wan doing the Jedi Mind Trick  :lol:
@Piper Maru and his morally grey scoundrel father is also on the left side I try to not read too much into images, but that is LF approved & for the 40th anniversary
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6916
Likes : 31203
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by snufkin on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:47 pm

Ha yeah the speeder parallel, more proof that she's Luke's daughter Wink
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6916
Likes : 31203
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Piper Maru on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:54 pm

I think it's relevant how they made a parallel between Rey/speeder and Obi-Wan, and I'm not even a Rey Kenobi enthusiast. They could've used anything there -- Luke driving his speeder, young!Anakin racing -- and it's Obi-Wan performing the first trick Rey learns in TFA.

It's also relevant that Rey and Kylo are the only ones with lightsabers, and their sabers are "balancing" the whole picture on a visual level. One up, the other down. It's Yin/Yang stuff, as we've been saying for months.

Finn/Rey/Poe are the Resistance, Kylo/Phasma/Hux are the First Order, Leia/Han/Luke/Chewie are the Rebellion, Anakin/Padmé/Obi-Wan are the bureaucrats (Jedi and Senate), Yoda is just looking at everyone and thinking about the mess, Darth Vader is a shadow who keeps screwing people's lives years later.
avatar
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1147
Likes : 8739
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Pyro Nebula on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 5:04 pm

@snufkin wrote:Ha yeah the speeder parallel, more proof that she's Luke's daughter Wink
@snufkin

Don't be surprised some will argue "it's proof Rey's a Solo, look at the position of Kylo beneath Han and Rey beneath Leia. Blah, blah, blah"

Pyro Nebula
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 47
Likes : 197
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 5:08 pm

I'm glad they have Hayden on there. The guy gets too much hate.
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1971
Likes : 17757
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Helix on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 5:13 pm

@Pyro Nebula wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Ha yeah the speeder parallel, more proof that she's Luke's daughter Wink
@snufkin

Don't be surprised some will argue "it's proof Rey's a Solo, look at the position of Kylo beneath Han and Rey beneath Leia. Blah, blah, blah"
@Pyro Nebula

She's under Luke and Leia.... Incest confirmed? Maybe she's the product of Luke/Leia/Han. Razz
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2499
Likes : 10469
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Pyro Nebula on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 5:38 pm

@Helix wrote:
@Pyro Nebula wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Ha yeah the speeder parallel, more proof that she's Luke's daughter Wink
@snufkin

Don't be surprised some will argue "it's proof Rey's a Solo, look at the position of Kylo beneath Han and Rey beneath Leia. Blah, blah, blah"
@Pyro Nebula

She's under Luke and Leia.... Incest confirmed? Maybe she's the product of Luke/Leia/Han. Razz
@Helix

I choked on my iced coffee, reading that. lol!

Pyro Nebula
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 47
Likes : 197
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by MissG on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 5:41 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:I'm glad they have Hayden on there. The guy gets too much hate.
@Xylo Ren

Same here! I went "yay!" when I saw him on it.
avatar
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 256
Likes : 2008
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by rey09 on Wed 22 Feb 2017, 5:58 pm

I love Kylo and Rey's stances on the poster. Juxtaposed together gives off a yin yang vibe lol.
avatar
rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1075
Likes : 5255
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 1:29 am

How can anyone read Reywalker into that poster? If anything, it points to Rey Solo - or Rey soon-to-be-Solo, which amounts to the same. Razz

Weapons exactly parallel again. Three generations of couples. Mmmm I like it.

One thing that I immediately noticed was that the PT trio and OT trio are clearly presented as trios, but in the ST, that structure breaks down.

I was also surprised that Hux and especially Phasma are shown so prominently, but to me the composition suggests a Finn and Poe vs. Hux and Phasma scenario, as expected.

It also looks like Kylo and Han are facing the same enemy together.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4458
Likes : 29660
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Tweets/Instagram - 9

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 2:18 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:How can anyone read Reywalker into that poster? If anything, it points to Rey Solo - or Rey soon-to-be-Solo, which amounts to the same. Razz

Weapons exactly parallel again. Three generations of couples. Mmmm I like it.

One thing that I immediately noticed was that the PT trio and OT trio are clearly presented as trios, but in the ST, that structure breaks down.

I was also surprised that Hux and especially Phasma are shown so prominently, but to me the composition suggests a Finn and Poe vs. Hux and Phasma scenario, as expected.

It also looks like Kylo and Han are facing the same enemy together.
@Darth Dingbat

To add my lil' observation:

The lack of main evil anatgonists: Palpatine and Snoke.
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4239
Likes : 20524
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum