Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by snufkin on 4/17/2017, 1:00 pm

I think a big part of my initial conclusion that what happened to her parents is tied up with Snoke has to do with the mystery part. Because who he really is and what he's actually up to has hasn't been spilled yet. So if they were involved in it and likely murdered because of it, that's a major plot point for the ST that they can't reveal yet.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5126
Likes : 21723
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by Gemini on 4/17/2017, 1:04 pm

@snufkin wrote:I think a big part of my initial conclusion that what happened to her parents is tied up with Snoke has to do with the mystery part. Because who he really is and what he's actually up to has hasn't been spilled yet. So if they were involved in it and likely murdered because of it, that's a major plot point for the ST that they can't reveal yet.
@snufkin

True I think snoke has a big part to do with her parents.

Also jj said they didn't want two lineage reveal in tfa.
avatar
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2261
Likes : 9640
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by snufkin on 4/17/2017, 1:12 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@snufkin wrote:I think a big part of my initial conclusion that what happened to her parents is tied up with Snoke has to do with the mystery part. Because who he really is and what he's actually up to has hasn't been spilled yet. So if they were involved in it and likely murdered because of it, that's a major plot point for the ST that they can't reveal yet.
@snufkin

True I think snoke has a big part to do with her parents.

Also jj said they didn't want two lineage reveal in tfa.
@Gemini

I keep going back to how Snoke's first appearance explicitly references the Emperor's first appearance in Empire. Both scenes written by Lawrence Kasdan and the original sets up the central mystery and familial/emotional relationship of the OT. JJ said about that scene it's the lineage reveal, in showing who Ben is and who his father is. But we know from the OT that there's the surface conversation between the Emperor and Vader about Luke/his lineage. But there's also the unspoken information that eventually comes out - the Emperor knows that his child (children really) didn't die along with his wife and Vader's either shocked by this news (I f**ked up everything even worse than I realized) or lying like Hell to his boss that he didn't know his kid survived and that he sees it as his out from being under the Emperors control. There's so much going on during that scene. Which is why I'm so goddamn curious if there's any meaning about Rey in the first scene with Snoke beyond the revelation of her being The Awakening and potential New Jedi. It's just really hard for me to imagine that they'd have the original screenwriter write this new scene with all those references and not have it mean that she's tied in with Big Bad's masterplan, most specifically the murder/destruction of parents who stood in the way.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5126
Likes : 21723
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by snufkin on 4/17/2017, 1:23 pm

Also not connected to above, but they've made a point that Snoke has forbidden his actual name of Ben to be spoken at all. So I'm curious if this more than just a brainwashing, forget who you are tactic. Like is there something about that name and who specifically it's in honor of that Snoke doesn't want verbalized/acknowledged?
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5126
Likes : 21723
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on 4/17/2017, 5:53 pm

I don't know why any Reylo shippers are still freaking out about Rey being Luke's daughter. Next to coming out and stating it, Daisy has done all she can to say TFA showed Rey is NOT a Skywalker.

Some people have commented that Daisy didn't seem as effervescent at SWC this time around, and after watching the panel and interviews, I think a large part of it is her being completely done with the Rey parentage question. I don't blame her! We are pretty much all sick to death of it and DR has said it's the number one thing she gets asked about. It is overshadowing everything else about Rey and it must really suck for her to have people asking what Rey's last name is all the time. It is my opinion, based on Daisy's instagram post in the Reylo tag the night JJ said Rey's parents weren't in TFA, that she is grateful that at least some fans got it and have valued Rey in her own right regardless of lineage.
avatar
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1743
Likes : 11934
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by MyOnlyHope on 4/17/2017, 6:15 pm

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I don't know why any Reylo shippers are still freaking out about Rey being Luke's daughter. Next to coming out and stating it, Daisy has done all she can to say TFA showed Rey is NOT a Skywalker.

Some people have commented that Daisy didn't seem as effervescent at SWC this time around, and after watching the panel and interviews, I think a large part of it is her being completely done with the Rey parentage question. I don't blame her! We are pretty much all sick to death of it and DR has said it's the number one thing she gets asked about. It is overshadowing everything else about Rey and it must really suck for her to have people asking what Rey's last name is all the time. It is my opinion, based on Daisy's instagram post in the Reylo tag the night JJ said Rey's parents weren't in TFA, that she is grateful that at least some fans got it and have valued Rey in her own right regardless of lineage.
@Mrs Ben Solo
She slipped in little hints (I don't even know if I would really call them hints, more like "this stuff was obvious, people," insinuations) wherever she could over the weekend in an as nonchalant manor as she possibly could. Things like "obviously he has no idea who she is" and "she's meeting Luke for the first time." I mean, come on, Reywalker's been dead for over a year now. It's so over it's not even worth discussing at this point.
avatar
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 250
Likes : 3986
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by Piper Maru on 4/17/2017, 6:46 pm

I'm completely done with every single parentage theory, from Rey Skywalker to Rey Jabba, and I can't wait for TLJ so we can get rid of this. Seriously. I'm far more interested in her role in the Force, what happened at Luke's "academy", what Ben and Luke found in their travels, etc. I'd rather be discussing Rey's midichlorians count than her last name by now, I couldn't care less about her parents.


Last edited by Piper Maru on 4/17/2017, 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 733
Likes : 5070
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by Mana on 4/17/2017, 6:49 pm

Actually, you know what? That IS a more interesting topic of discussion than Rey's parentage. Could her midichlorian count be higher than that of Master Yoda??
avatar
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1231
Likes : 10614
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by Piper Maru on 4/17/2017, 7:12 pm

@Mana wrote:Actually, you know what? That IS a more interesting topic of discussion than Rey's parentage. Could her midichlorian count be higher than that of Master Yoda??
@Mana

lol, I actually thought about this a lot and I do think her midichlorian count is off the charts. She has clairvoyance, she can invade minds (just like Kylo), she already is a pro at battle meditation, and she has the hability to mimic other Force sensitives. Who knows, maybe she is indeed the next Chosen One Laughing
avatar
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 733
Likes : 5070
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by spacebaby45678 on 4/17/2017, 7:19 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Kathy Kennedy interview

MTV:"Tell me a bit about, there's been so much conjecture about Rey's parentage. For you is that question integral to the story in these last 2 films or is too much being made of that question."

KK:"No, I think it is integral. I think it is important. I think it's something that you know....Interestingly enough even when we were sitting coming up with episode VII:TFA. It was one of the central questions we were all asking ourselves. So it's not surprising that the audience is going to continue...ask that, we have to answer it at some point. I think that's what everyone is intrigued by. Do we answer that now? do we answer it later? Hmmm, I'm not going to answer that. (laughs)"

https://www.facebook.com/MTV/videos/1536849209690591/
@spacebaby45678

Yep when the producer of the saga tells you that her parentage is a big freaking deal it is a big freaking deal and they fully intended for her parentage to be a big deal. The audience are fully entitled to wonder about her lineage and there's nothing wrong. It is not degrading in any way to her character. Her parentage always was meant to be a mystery and if she was a random there is absolutely no need whatsoever for so much mystery. Because it's a big deal.

They should have fully revealed it in 7, that's the issue I have with it. But they know what they are doing to generate mass mystery and audience attention.
@Gemini

Ultimately, it is because who she is, is tied to her role in the Saga overall, her mission/hero's journey in the ST, and what she means to the force, if you reveal her lineage you reveal the plot. It is all TIED together in her narrative. As KK says, it is integral.
avatar
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2226
Likes : 5083
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by Helix on 4/17/2017, 7:26 pm

@Mana wrote:Actually, you know what? That IS a more interesting topic of discussion than Rey's parentage. Could her midichlorian count be higher than that of Master Yoda??
@Mana

Maybe she's the reincarnate of Yoda. It'll tie in with Luke teaching her, the student has now surpassed the master. Razz
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2228
Likes : 8416
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by SheLitAFire on 4/17/2017, 7:29 pm

I just feel like is there anything she really can discuss? I mean I don't know why they're really putting anyone out for interviews when almost every topic seems to be off limits bc of possible spoilers. I would be annoyed with not being able to say anything about anything, let alone feeling annoyed with just the Parentage question.
Like I really do wonder if there ARE questions people could ask that could be addressed?
avatar
SheLitAFire
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 220
Likes : 806
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 31
Localisation : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by Gemini on 4/18/2017, 12:03 am

@SheLitAFire wrote:I just feel like is there anything she really can discuss? I mean I don't know why they're really putting anyone out for interviews when almost every topic seems to be off limits bc of possible spoilers. I would be annoyed with not being able to say anything about anything, let alone feeling annoyed with just the Parentage question.
Like I really do wonder if there ARE questions people could ask that could be addressed?
@SheLitAFire

Lol when ever she (Daisy) talks she makes these expressions like "oh s*** i said too much better cover up"

She got pretty nervous when asked how her role with Luke is similar to yoda or obi wan.
avatar
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2261
Likes : 9640
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on 4/25/2017, 1:32 pm

OMG, an interview Mark Hamill gave in 1980 is now being used as evidence for Rey Skywalker. I can't even, as the young folks say!
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-did-mark-hamill-ruin-last-jedi-twist-interview-997160?

avatar
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1743
Likes : 11934
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by EchoBase on 4/25/2017, 1:52 pm

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:OMG, an interview Mark Hamill gave in 1980 is now being used as evidence for Rey Skywalker. I can't even, as the young folks say!
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-did-mark-hamill-ruin-last-jedi-twist-interview-997160?

@Mrs Ben Solo

scratch
avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2263
Likes : 8567
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by IoJovi on 4/25/2017, 2:22 pm

@EchoBase wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:OMG, an interview Mark Hamill gave in 1980 is now being used as evidence for Rey Skywalker. I can't even, as the young folks say!
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-did-mark-hamill-ruin-last-jedi-twist-interview-997160?

@Mrs Ben Solo

scratch
@EchoBase

I am facepalming so hard with this one I now have a bloody nose.

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5220
Likes : 28224
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 100
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by panki on 4/25/2017, 2:23 pm

@EchoBase wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:OMG, an interview Mark Hamill gave in 1980 is now being used as evidence for Rey Skywalker. I can't even, as the young folks say!
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-did-mark-hamill-ruin-last-jedi-twist-interview-997160?

@Mrs Ben Solo

scratch
@EchoBase

I got the impression that the "different plane of existence" would mean Luke ended up a hermit of sorts.....its the interviewer who tried to bring in Luke Jr. .... madness.... now the reywalkers are getting desperate. Suspect

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2744
Likes : 9868
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-24

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by snufkin on 4/25/2017, 2:35 pm

That's a new one. To go along with the recent theories that Luke will adopt Rey as a tribute to GL's older kids been adopted or that Rose the "anybody can be a hero" Maintenance Worker is now Luke's long-lost daughter. By hook or by crook, they'll find a way to make it be about Luke and his kids!
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5126
Likes : 21723
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by SkyStar on 4/25/2017, 2:58 pm



sorry, couldn't resist
avatar
SkyStar
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 342
Likes : 1861
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-31
Age : 26
Localisation : Latvia

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by snufkin on 4/25/2017, 4:27 pm

Honestly, we can place bets over the fans who will complain about the ST the way others do about the PT because they didn't get Rey as Luke's daughter. Which granted, they've teased at it as a sleight-of-hand to distract people from how Rey's origins likely give away the Force Plot's background and what Snoke's actually up to. Not to mention a potential major plot line when it comes to romance and the fate of a villain. But beyond that, people have run away with their belief that she *has* to be Luke's kid to the point that it's entered conspiracy theory territory.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5126
Likes : 21723
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by ISeeAnIsland on 4/25/2017, 4:48 pm

@snufkin wrote:Honestly, we can place bets over the fans who will complain about the ST the way others do about the PT because they didn't get Rey as Luke's daughter. Which granted, they've teased at it as a sleight-of-hand to distract people from how Rey's origins likely give away the Force Plot's background and what Snoke's actually up to. Not to mention a potential major plot line when it comes to romance and the fate of a villain. But beyond that, people have run away with their belief that she *has* to be Luke's kid to the point that it's entered conspiracy theory territory.
@snufkin

What do you want to bet that long after Rey Skywalker has been debunked, we still have a group of "Rey Skywalker truthers"?

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 3808
Likes : 19582
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by Helix on 4/25/2017, 4:55 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Honestly, we can place bets over the fans who will complain about the ST the way others do about the PT because they didn't get Rey as Luke's daughter. Which granted, they've teased at it as a sleight-of-hand to distract people from how Rey's origins likely give away the Force Plot's background and what Snoke's actually up to. Not to mention a potential major plot line when it comes to romance and the fate of a villain. But beyond that, people have run away with their belief that she *has* to be Luke's kid to the point that it's entered conspiracy theory territory.
@snufkin

What do you want to bet that long after Rey Skywalker has been debunked, we still have a group of "Rey Skywalker truthers"?
@ISeeAnIsland

It's all fake! Because J.J. lied to us before!

avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2228
Likes : 8416
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by IoJovi on 4/25/2017, 4:56 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Honestly, we can place bets over the fans who will complain about the ST the way others do about the PT because they didn't get Rey as Luke's daughter. Which granted, they've teased at it as a sleight-of-hand to distract people from how Rey's origins likely give away the Force Plot's background and what Snoke's actually up to. Not to mention a potential major plot line when it comes to romance and the fate of a villain. But beyond that, people have run away with their belief that she *has* to be Luke's kid to the point that it's entered conspiracy theory territory.
@snufkin

What do you want to bet that long after Rey Skywalker has been debunked, we still have a group of "Rey Skywalker truthers"?
@ISeeAnIsland

I would bet money we're going to get a TON of posts from other places on the Internet stating Rian Johnson CHANGED the original story from the way it was intended.

I'm sorry, but every time I watch TFA, the sexual undertones between Rey and Kylo hit me like a freight truck. You can't unsee it. I also never got any Reywalkers supposed clues the first time around (she could have been the kid of a couple down the road from me for all I knew). I now see the big thing they cling to (the saber calling to her), but it still doesn't prove anything. Yet they treat it as canon and if you say anything else aside from that be prepared for frothing at the mouth...

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5220
Likes : 28224
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 100
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by snufkin on 4/25/2017, 5:08 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Honestly, we can place bets over the fans who will complain about the ST the way others do about the PT because they didn't get Rey as Luke's daughter. Which granted, they've teased at it as a sleight-of-hand to distract people from how Rey's origins likely give away the Force Plot's background and what Snoke's actually up to. Not to mention a potential major plot line when it comes to romance and the fate of a villain. But beyond that, people have run away with their belief that she *has* to be Luke's kid to the point that it's entered conspiracy theory territory.
@snufkin

What do you want to bet that long after Rey Skywalker has been debunked, we still have a group of "Rey Skywalker truthers"?
@ISeeAnIsland

Oh they'll be the leaders of "The ST sucks! JJ and Rian ruined my childhood and then they ruined my kids' childhood" group. I can't wait for Patton Oswalt to make fun of them like his Star Wars filibuster on Parks and Recreation.

@Helix - ha! "JJ lied about Khan" is the center square in their BINGO card.

@iojovi - me too buddy. I mean, both the sexual undertones and literary precedents are right there. I hadn't even heard of Reywalker until I just got curious and starting looking on the Internet to confirm what I suspected and ran into that wall of nonsense.


Last edited by snufkin on 4/26/2017, 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5126
Likes : 21723
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by Mana on 4/25/2017, 6:07 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Honestly, we can place bets over the fans who will complain about the ST the way others do about the PT because they didn't get Rey as Luke's daughter. Which granted, they've teased at it as a sleight-of-hand to distract people from how Rey's origins likely give away the Force Plot's background and what Snoke's actually up to. Not to mention a potential major plot line when it comes to romance and the fate of a villain. But beyond that, people have run away with their belief that she *has* to be Luke's kid to the point that it's entered conspiracy theory territory.
@snufkin

What do you want to bet that long after Rey Skywalker has been debunked, we still have a group of "Rey Skywalker truthers"?
@ISeeAnIsland

Omg yes...what if they'll be like the Rey Solo truthers and their argumentss start to be as elaborate and convoluted as Rey Solo fanfiction?? (It already is but it'll probably get more desperate)
avatar
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1231
Likes : 10614
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 25
Localisation : Australia

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum