Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 11:14

@panki wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Daisy is saying that she thinks the ending of TFA answered the question of who she is. Im also a firm believer  that it did answer who she is and have been saying for a year (Reywalkers would try and beat it out of me) and I Also agree with her with the fact that she is in disbelief that people didn't see it as well. I mean hardcore Star Wars fans can't see what it is quite clearly hinting at?
@Gemini

I am not putting words in your mouth. I quoted something you wrote where you mention that her lineage is being clearly hinted at and that you ALSO share the disbelief that other people dont see it as well.

If you were only targeting Reywalkers, then I apologise....but if not, then I am just clarifying that the scene at the end of TFA (as well as Rey's solitary background) can be a hint of other lineages as well.

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@panki

Actually, if I go by the trailer for TLJ, one theory/lineage is clearly being hinted at. This is why all theories are not created equal, some have actual thematic, ring comp, film language evidence. Some are wild guessing and conjecture. We are not operating in a vacuum, some things can be known.

Rey's Theme + Help me Obi Wan
@spacebaby45678

You just reiterated the point I was trying to make by stating that one theory is being clearly hinted, having an actual theme etc while calling others wild guessing and conjecture. This is precisely the issue I am addressing here. LF hasn't officially confirmed any theory.

Take your example....rey's theme + help me obi-wan in the TLJ trailer....you see it as a Kenobi lineage, I see it as Rey trying to get Luke to return and help the resistance i.e. Luke is now the Obi-wan of this trilogy (as echoes in the TFA novel where Leia wants to find Luke and bring him back)... this is also reflected in the MH interview in the '80s where he said GL talked to him about playing an Obi-wan like character in a later trilogy....so while you could be right and it could be a Kenobist hint, I could be right and it could be just a callback to the OT and now Luke is the space wizard who guides the new hero of the trilogy.

My suggestion is that we wait for an official confirmation before we refer to other theories as wild guessing and conjecture.
@panki

Thanks for your suggestion, but some theories are wild guessing and conjecture, they are... that is my opinion... and in the meantime the media keep after all involved about Rey's parentage because as the interviewer says it is the question that has permeated after TFA..

RJ says the answer will be emotionally satisfying... link to interview below

https://www.facebook.com/MTV/videos/1533279206714258/
@spacebaby45678

You are more than entitled to your opinion but kindly respect the fact that others have views that differ from yours when you post and not resort to calling other people's views wild guesses and conjecture....and yes, I too expect the answer to Rey's origins to be emotionally satisfying, but please note that interview (which I am well aware of from before) never points to any one theory as this "emotionally satisfying" answer.
@panki

@panki wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Daisy is saying that she thinks the ending of TFA answered the question of who she is. Im also a firm believer  that it did answer who she is and have been saying for a year (Reywalkers would try and beat it out of me) and I Also agree with her with the fact that she is in disbelief that people didn't see it as well. I mean hardcore Star Wars fans can't see what it is quite clearly hinting at?
@Gemini

I am not putting words in your mouth. I quoted something you wrote where you mention that her lineage is being clearly hinted at and that you ALSO share the disbelief that other people dont see it as well.

If you were only targeting Reywalkers, then I apologise....but if not, then I am just clarifying that the scene at the end of TFA (as well as Rey's solitary background) can be a hint of other lineages as well.

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@panki

Actually, if I go by the trailer for TLJ, one theory/lineage is clearly being hinted at. This is why all theories are not created equal, some have actual thematic, ring comp, film language evidence. Some are wild guessing and conjecture. We are not operating in a vacuum, some things can be known.

Rey's Theme + Help me Obi Wan
@spacebaby45678

You just reiterated the point I was trying to make by stating that one theory is being clearly hinted, having an actual theme etc while calling others wild guessing and conjecture. This is precisely the issue I am addressing here. LF hasn't officially confirmed any theory.

Take your example....rey's theme + help me obi-wan in the TLJ trailer....you see it as a Kenobi lineage, I see it as Rey trying to get Luke to return and help the resistance i.e. Luke is now the Obi-wan of this trilogy (as echoes in the TFA novel where Leia wants to find Luke and bring him back)... this is also reflected in the MH interview in the '80s where he said GL talked to him about playing an Obi-wan like character in a later trilogy....so while you could be right and it could be a Kenobist hint, I could be right and it could be just a callback to the OT and now Luke is the space wizard who guides the new hero of the trilogy.

My suggestion is that we wait for an official confirmation before we refer to other theories as wild guessing and conjecture.
@panki

Thanks for your suggestion, but some theories are wild guessing and conjecture, they are... that is my opinion... and in the meantime the media keep after all involved about Rey's parentage because as the interviewer says it is the question that has permeated after TFA..

RJ says the answer will be emotionally satisfying... link to interview below

https://www.facebook.com/MTV/videos/1533279206714258/
@spacebaby45678

You are more than entitled to your opinion but kindly respect the fact that others have views that differ from yours when you post and not resort to calling other people's views wild guesses and conjecture....and yes, I too expect the answer to Rey's origins to be emotionally satisfying, but please note that interview (which I am well aware of from before) never points to any one theory as this "emotionally satisfying" answer.
@panki

I am not disrespecting anyone's theory here. Please don't characterize my behavior otherwise. Please don't disrespect my right to have an opinion.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 11:19

@spacebaby45678

Calling other people's theories "wild guessing and conjecture" is disrespecting their theories, especially when LF hasn't confirmed any one theory as yet. Once again, you are entitled to have an opinion but kindly respect the views of others when you post.

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 11:22

@panki wrote:@spacebaby45678

Calling other people's theories "wild guessing and conjecture" is disrespecting their theories, especially when LF hasn't confirmed any one theory as yet. Once again, you are entitled to have an opinion but kindly respect the views of others when you post.
@panki

I was not specific about who or what is wild guessing and conjecture... but I meant no one here. Nor did I call out a specific theory as wild or conjecture.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 11:31

@spacebaby45678

@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@spacebaby45678  

1. While you did not specify which theories are wild guesses and conjecture, you have indicated that only one doesn't fall into this category.

2. You never specified in your post that you did not include the theories supported by people on this forum.

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 13:04

To lighten the mood a bit: A new super theory by Daisy Ridley herself:

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 14:52

My brother is a big fan of Rey Kenobi theory.(He belonged to GA. Now he is becoming a fan after he played Battlefront. He started to read books and with my guidence is becoming a fan. Laughing ) I'm more open in regard of parentage. But I have a theory about who her parents are. Not as Kenobi, Palpatine, Prana, etc. It's more about their characters. I think that they sold her to Unkhar or just leave her and doesn't much care about her, what's happening to her or something like that. If that is the case then we would have a new trio where every one of them was living without their parents for completly different reason. One being send for guidence/protection, one taken away from his parents forcibly, without their will and the last one left alone without care. Smile
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 2:25

@Darth_Awakened wrote:To lighten the mood a bit: A new super theory by Daisy Ridley herself:

@Darth_Awakened

Lol Daisy is so done with the whole parentage thing....
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 3:33

@Mana wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:To lighten the mood a bit: A new super theory by Daisy Ridley herself:

@Darth_Awakened

Lol Daisy is so done with the whole parentage thing....
@Mana

As I am.

Rey, I'am your mother!

lol!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 4:08

@ZioRen wrote:I don't know if I'm reading this wrong but this doesn't sound good.
Doesn't sound good to me either. If she specifically means the ending of the film "answered it." It's a different response than when she said she thought a lot was answered in TFA, which was more general. It really does seem to leave Kenobi vs. Skywalker, and Kenobi is the more subtle of the two.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 7:55

@Acritiqua wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:I don't know if I'm reading this wrong but this doesn't sound good.
Doesn't sound good to me either. If she specifically means the ending of the film "answered it." It's a different response than when she said she thought a lot was answered in TFA, which was more general. It really does seem to leave Kenobi vs. Skywalker, and Kenobi is the more subtle of the two.
@Acritiqua

I thought the end of TFA clearly answered that she wasn't a Skywalker. And it did!
AceofWands
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by creepi0 on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 8:09

Daisy definitely lying. After long time careful research i finally crack Rey parentage mystery
Spoiler for those who don't want to be shock with this revelation before watching The Last Jedi
Spoiler:
Unkar Plutt is Rey father no doubt about it. Even Chirrut and Kanan can see that  Razz
creepi0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 10:54

Kathy Kennedy interview

MTV:"Tell me a bit about, there's been so much conjecture about Rey's parentage. For you is that question integral to the story in these last 2 films or is too much being made of that question."

KK:"No, I think it is integral. I think it is important. I think it's something that you know....Interestingly enough even when we were sitting coming up with episode VII:TFA. It was one of the central questions we were all asking ourselves. So it's not surprising that the audience is going to continue...ask that, we have to answer it at some point. I think that's what everyone is intrigued by. Do we answer that now? do we answer it later? Hmmm, I'm not going to answer that. (laughs)"

https://www.facebook.com/MTV/videos/1536849209690591/
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 11:54

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Kathy Kennedy interview

MTV:"Tell me a bit about, there's been so much conjecture about Rey's parentage. For you is that question integral to the story in these last 2 films or is too much being made of that question."

KK:"No, I think it is integral. I think it is important. I think it's something that you know....Interestingly enough even when we were sitting coming up with episode VII:TFA. It was one of the central questions we were all asking ourselves. So it's not surprising that the audience is going to continue...ask that, we have to answer it at some point. I think that's what everyone is intrigued by. Do we answer that now? do we answer it later? Hmmm, I'm not going to answer that. (laughs)"

@spacebaby45678

Yep when the producer of the saga tells you that her parentage is a big freaking deal it is a big freaking deal and they fully intended for her parentage to be a big deal. The audience are fully entitled to wonder about her lineage and there's nothing wrong. It is not degrading in any way to her character. Her parentage always was meant to be a mystery and if she was a random there is absolutely no need whatsoever for so much mystery. Because it's a big deal.

They should have fully revealed it in 7, that's the issue I have with it. But they know what they are doing to generate mass mystery and audience attention.
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 12:00

I think a big part of my initial conclusion that what happened to her parents is tied up with Snoke has to do with the mystery part. Because who he really is and what he's actually up to has hasn't been spilled yet. So if they were involved in it and likely murdered because of it, that's a major plot point for the ST that they can't reveal yet.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 12:04

@snufkin wrote:I think a big part of my initial conclusion that what happened to her parents is tied up with Snoke has to do with the mystery part. Because who he really is and what he's actually up to has hasn't been spilled yet. So if they were involved in it and likely murdered because of it, that's a major plot point for the ST that they can't reveal yet.
@snufkin

True I think snoke has a big part to do with her parents.

Also jj said they didn't want two lineage reveal in tfa.
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 12:12

@Gemini wrote:
@snufkin wrote:I think a big part of my initial conclusion that what happened to her parents is tied up with Snoke has to do with the mystery part. Because who he really is and what he's actually up to has hasn't been spilled yet. So if they were involved in it and likely murdered because of it, that's a major plot point for the ST that they can't reveal yet.
@snufkin

True I think snoke has a big part to do with her parents.

Also jj said they didn't want two lineage reveal in tfa.
@Gemini

I keep going back to how Snoke's first appearance explicitly references the Emperor's first appearance in Empire. Both scenes written by Lawrence Kasdan and the original sets up the central mystery and familial/emotional relationship of the OT. JJ said about that scene it's the lineage reveal, in showing who Ben is and who his father is. But we know from the OT that there's the surface conversation between the Emperor and Vader about Luke/his lineage. But there's also the unspoken information that eventually comes out - the Emperor knows that his child (children really) didn't die along with his wife and Vader's either shocked by this news (I f**ked up everything even worse than I realized) or lying like Hell to his boss that he didn't know his kid survived and that he sees it as his out from being under the Emperors control. There's so much going on during that scene. Which is why I'm so goddamn curious if there's any meaning about Rey in the first scene with Snoke beyond the revelation of her being The Awakening and potential New Jedi. It's just really hard for me to imagine that they'd have the original screenwriter write this new scene with all those references and not have it mean that she's tied in with Big Bad's masterplan, most specifically the murder/destruction of parents who stood in the way.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 12:23

Also not connected to above, but they've made a point that Snoke has forbidden his actual name of Ben to be spoken at all. So I'm curious if this more than just a brainwashing, forget who you are tactic. Like is there something about that name and who specifically it's in honor of that Snoke doesn't want verbalized/acknowledged?
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 16:53

I don't know why any Reylo shippers are still freaking out about Rey being Luke's daughter. Next to coming out and stating it, Daisy has done all she can to say TFA showed Rey is NOT a Skywalker.

Some people have commented that Daisy didn't seem as effervescent at SWC this time around, and after watching the panel and interviews, I think a large part of it is her being completely done with the Rey parentage question. I don't blame her! We are pretty much all sick to death of it and DR has said it's the number one thing she gets asked about. It is overshadowing everything else about Rey and it must really suck for her to have people asking what Rey's last name is all the time. It is my opinion, based on Daisy's instagram post in the Reylo tag the night JJ said Rey's parents weren't in TFA, that she is grateful that at least some fans got it and have valued Rey in her own right regardless of lineage.

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 17:15

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I don't know why any Reylo shippers are still freaking out about Rey being Luke's daughter. Next to coming out and stating it, Daisy has done all she can to say TFA showed Rey is NOT a Skywalker.

Some people have commented that Daisy didn't seem as effervescent at SWC this time around, and after watching the panel and interviews, I think a large part of it is her being completely done with the Rey parentage question. I don't blame her! We are pretty much all sick to death of it and DR has said it's the number one thing she gets asked about. It is overshadowing everything else about Rey and it must really suck for her to have people asking what Rey's last name is all the time. It is my opinion, based on Daisy's instagram post in the Reylo tag the night JJ said Rey's parents weren't in TFA, that she is grateful that at least some fans got it and have valued Rey in her own right regardless of lineage.
@Mrs Ben Solo
She slipped in little hints (I don't even know if I would really call them hints, more like "this stuff was obvious, people," insinuations) wherever she could over the weekend in an as nonchalant manor as she possibly could. Things like "obviously he has no idea who she is" and "she's meeting Luke for the first time." I mean, come on, Reywalker's been dead for over a year now. It's so over it's not even worth discussing at this point.
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 17:46

I'm completely done with every single parentage theory, from Rey Skywalker to Rey Jabba, and I can't wait for TLJ so we can get rid of this. Seriously. I'm far more interested in her role in the Force, what happened at Luke's "academy", what Ben and Luke found in their travels, etc. I'd rather be discussing Rey's midichlorians count than her last name by now, I couldn't care less about her parents.

Last edited by Piper Maru on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 20:02; edited 1 time in total
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 17:49

Actually, you know what? That IS a more interesting topic of discussion than Rey's parentage. Could her midichlorian count be higher than that of Master Yoda??
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 18:12

@Mana wrote:Actually, you know what? That IS a more interesting topic of discussion than Rey's parentage. Could her midichlorian count be higher than that of Master Yoda??
@Mana

lol, I actually thought about this a lot and I do think her midichlorian count is off the charts. She has clairvoyance, she can invade minds (just like Kylo), she already is a pro at battle meditation, and she has the hability to mimic other Force sensitives. Who knows, maybe she is indeed the next Chosen One Laughing
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 18:19

@Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Kathy Kennedy interview

@spacebaby45678

Yep when the producer of the saga tells you that her parentage is a big freaking deal it is a big freaking deal and they fully intended for her parentage to be a big deal. The audience are fully entitled to wonder about her lineage and there's nothing wrong. It is not degrading in any way to her character. Her parentage always was meant to be a mystery and if she was a random there is absolutely no need whatsoever for so much mystery. Because it's a big deal.

They should have fully revealed it in 7, that's the issue I have with it. But they know what they are doing to generate mass mystery and audience attention.
@Gemini

Ultimately, it is because who she is, is tied to her role in the Saga overall, her mission/hero's journey in the ST, and what she means to the force, if you reveal her lineage you reveal the plot. It is all TIED together in her narrative. As KK says, it is integral.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 18:26

@Mana wrote:Actually, you know what? That IS a more interesting topic of discussion than Rey's parentage. Could her midichlorian count be higher than that of Master Yoda??
@Mana

Maybe she's the reincarnate of Yoda. It'll tie in with Luke teaching her, the student has now surpassed the master. Razz
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 18:29

I just feel like is there anything she really can discuss? I mean I don't know why they're really putting anyone out for interviews when almost every topic seems to be off limits bc of possible spoilers. I would be annoyed with not being able to say anything about anything, let alone feeling annoyed with just the Parentage question.
Like I really do wonder if there ARE questions people could ask that could be addressed?

-Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A REYLO
SheLitAFire

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum