Post by Starliteprism on Mon 27 Nov - 10:49

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:@spacebaby45678

OK.  Now I have to ask-- what show is your GIF from?  I'm clueless.  Smile
@Lily Snape

That's Stargate I think. The movie
@Gemini

Yup, Stargate a total classic! The guards were dressed up like Anubis guardian of the dead/hunters of lost souls... hellhounds. That is what Rey's At-At was named. So on a level related to Rey.

Anubis is represented by the Dogstar Sirius which has it heliaclical rising on the Summer solstice, which is around June 21, this is also where you get the term "dog days of summer" this is the ancient Egyptian New Year and the beginning of flooding/inundation of the Nile... John the Baptist feast day is also around the June 24 is the last day of the summer solstice. When Christianity first began in Egypt around 100 a.d. the two mythological figures became syncretized.

The summer solstice when the sun is at it's highest point, ( I have the high ground Kenobi) and the winter solstice, when the sun in the northern hemisphere is at it's lowest point ( the Dark Sun) Darth Vader.

The light, the dark, the balance. Star Wars is ultimately a Solar tale like many ancient religions. The Soltices are the extremes of light and dark, the balances occur during the equinoxes... equal light and dark twelve hours of light and twelve hours of dark. Spring & Fall.

"Winter turns to Spring, famine turns to feast, nature points the way, nothing left to say, Beauty and the Beast."

Notice the two signs that are after the winter soltice Capricorn &
@spacebaby45678

Didn't Adam Driver flippantly remark that Kylo was a Scorpio in a sit down with other Star Wars peeps? :-p
Starliteprism
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey's Lineage Discussion II

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 27 Nov - 10:50

@Gemini wrote:

@Lily Snape

That's Stargate I think.  The movie

@Starliteprism

I am not saying what Kylo's sign is and AD is a Scorpio so was he being humorous and making the connection between himself and Kylo? or maybe it is canon?
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Mon 27 Nov - 11:08

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:

@Lily Snape

@Starliteprism

I am not saying what Kylo's sign is and AD is a Scorpio so was he being humorous and making the connection between himself and Kylo? or maybe it is canon?
@spacebaby45678

I was trying to be funny ;-) but AD is kinda in the cuspian range/third decan, so would have some Sag traits. :-p
Starliteprism
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 27 Nov - 12:10

@Starliteprism wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:

@Lily Snape

@Starliteprism

@spacebaby45678

I was trying to be funny  ;-) but AD is kinda in the cuspian range/third decan, so would have some Sag traits. :-p
@Starliteprism

Lol, sorry if I was dry, I will be more lucid after my second cup of coffee. So you do charts? I am a Libra with Capricorn rising... what's the good word? Something even funnier is the amount of Aries in Star Wars

Hayden
Ewan
Alec
Daisy

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Mon 27 Nov - 12:46

I don't know a lot about astrology. But I'm a Scorpio and whether or not there's anything to astrology I am personally very Scorpio. I would definitely say there's a lot of Scorpio in Kylo Ren.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Mon 27 Nov - 13:54

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Starliteprism wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:

@Lily Snape

@Starliteprism

@spacebaby45678

I was trying to be funny  ;-) but AD is kinda in the cuspian range/third decan, so would have some Sag traits. :-p
@Starliteprism

Lol, sorry if I was dry, I will be more lucid after my second cup of coffee. So you do charts? I am a Libra with Capricorn rising... what's the good word? Something even funnier is the amount of Aries in Star Wars

Hayden
Ewan
Alec
Daisy

@spacebaby45678

Very little into Astrology. I was moreso as a teenager as for a time was surrounded by clairvoyants. I have the occasional insights, which freaks the heck out of my husband. :-p

And I am nearly finished with my venti latte from Costa coffee. I operate on coffee fumes. :-p
Starliteprism
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 27 Nov - 14:06

@Starliteprism wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Starliteprism wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:

@Lily Snape

@Starliteprism

@spacebaby45678

@Starliteprism

Hayden
Ewan
Alec
Daisy

@spacebaby45678

Very little into Astrology. I was moreso as a teenager as for a time was surrounded by clairvoyants. I have the occasional insights, which freaks the heck out of my husband. :-p

And I am nearly finished with my venti latte from Costa coffee. I operate on coffee fumes. :-p
@Starliteprism

Waves from a StarBucks on the other side of the pond Waves

@kylo men

Kylo & Anakin are without a doubt Capricorns. I will have a complete post done shortly, as it is directly related to the dynamics between Obi & Anakin - Kylo & Rey and may have a direct result as to Rey's lineage. I will bring it around.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism on Mon 27 Nov - 14:29

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Starliteprism wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Starliteprism wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:

@Lily Snape

@Starliteprism

@spacebaby45678

@Starliteprism

Hayden
Ewan
Alec
Daisy

@spacebaby45678

@Starliteprism

@kylo men

Kylo & Anakin are without a doubt Capricorns. I will have a complete post done shortly, as it is directly related to the dynamics between Obi & Anakin - Kylo & Rey and may have a direct result as to Rey's lineage. I will bring it around.
@spacebaby45678

Loved starbucks, until they changed recipes on fraps,etc. Now it tastes too watered down; Costa has a nicer consistency.
Anywho, I wonder how much of SW will be layered in mythology/beliefs/possibly astrological aspect or if its going to crack open the can of a completely new beast.
Starliteprism
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 27 Nov - 15:15

@Starliteprism wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Starliteprism wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Starliteprism wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Gemini wrote:

@Lily Snape

@Starliteprism

@spacebaby45678

@Starliteprism

Hayden
Ewan
Alec
Daisy

@spacebaby45678

@Starliteprism

@kylo men

@spacebaby45678

Loved starbucks, until they changed recipes on fraps,etc. Now it tastes too watered down; Costa has a nicer consistency.
Anywho, I wonder how much of SW will be layered in mythology/beliefs/possibly astrological aspect or if its going to crack open the can of a completely new beast.
@Starliteprism

As far as I can tell, TFA, continues in the tradition laid down by the previous 6. The themes, and archetypes are there. What would be the new beast? I mean besides Kylo?
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 27 Nov - 23:45

A very interesting theory on Rey's origins and the importance of Kyber chrystals:
https://reyloisblessed.tumblr.com/post/167952234893/here-is-actually-the-biggest-easter-egg-in-the
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 28 Nov - 0:05

@reylo1992 - very interesting! The mythology which has been unveiled little by little (1st Jedi Temple mention in TFA and the Kyber Crystals, plus Lyra, Baze, & Chirrut's affiliations w/non-Jedi groups) in the new movies was one of the squares on my BINGO card. And it'd make Rey an actual somebody in the Force as opposed to those noveau riche upstarts who are only 2 generations back significant as Force users.

Also I'm a Sag, so I can identify with Han Solo's wanderlust, smart a**/direct manner, dislike for authority/structure, and need for independence. Leia has to be a Leo, the bossiest of the Fire Signs who can't help themselves but always think that they can tell us Sags what to do Razz.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 28 Nov - 0:33

@reylo1992 wrote:A very interesting theory on Rey's origins and the importance of Kyber chrystals:
https://reyloisblessed.tumblr.com/post/167952234893/here-is-actually-the-biggest-easter-egg-in-the
@reylo1992

This is a cool theory and ties the trilogy movies nicely to RO...maybe the new trilogy after this one will deal with the ancient Whills?

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 28 Nov - 17:14

The whole interview is great and DR is charming as usual but I love the way Ryan & Kelly got down to business at 4:21

Lol, Ryan Seacrest wins the WTF is Rey trying to figure out AWARD!?

DR: Rey is on an emotional journey she is trying to figure things out
RS: What is she trying to figure out? Who her father is? Laughing
DR: The rest of the world is keen on that but it important to her.
DR: Rey is trying to figure out where it is she came from in terms of parentage, heritage,  and what that might be the whole wider world/universe in general.she has been alone for so long."

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Tue 28 Nov - 20:21

@spacebaby45678 wrote:The whole interview is great and DR is charming as usual but I love the way Ryan & Kelly got down to business at 4:21

DR: Rey is trying to figure out where it is she came from in terms of parentage, heritage,  and what that might be the whole wider world/universe in general.she has been alone for so long."

@spacebaby45678

You mean reys lineage is key to her story?

Wow who would have thought that
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 28 Nov - 21:33

@Gemini wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:The whole interview is great and DR is charming as usual but I love the way Ryan & Kelly got down to business at 4:21

@spacebaby45678

You mean reys lineage is key to her story?

Wow who would have thought that
@Gemini

What DR said was thought provoking. Rey wants to know, now this is where we can be begin the heroines journey, Who am I? What is my place?  How do I fit? What do I want? So going logically from there what are the possibilities?
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Sun 3 Dec - 8:43

Did John just tell everyone to 'move on' from Rey being related to Obi Wan?

From 12:40

Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 3 Dec - 12:12

@Mana wrote:Did John just tell everyone to 'move on' from Rey being related to Obi Wan?

From 12:40

@Mana

I guess he did- yeah, maybe misdirection but I don't think so. I admit I never was a big fan of "Rey Kenobi" - I wouldn't really care if she is but I rather her be something completely new. Nope
Night Huntress
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Sun 3 Dec - 13:00

That sounds kind of like a big spoiler. Is is saying move on from the accent thing or literally Rey Kenobi? That is something big to say, at least since they haven't been confirming or denying anything.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Sun 3 Dec - 13:32

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:That sounds kind of like a big spoiler. Is is saying move on from the accent thing or literally Rey Kenobi? That is something big to say, at least since they haven't been confirming or denying anything.
@bashfulblueeyes3

I don't think it's a big spoiler to debunk one of the hundreds of theories about Reys lineage... he still didn't give away anything really.
Night Huntress
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sun 3 Dec - 13:42

@Night Huntress wrote:
@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:That sounds kind of like a big spoiler.  Is is saying move on from the accent thing or literally Rey Kenobi?  That is something big to say, at least since they haven't been confirming or denying anything.
@bashfulblueeyes3

I don't think it's a big spoiler to debunk one of the hundreds of theories about Reys lineage... he still didn't give away anything really.
@Night Huntress

It seems a little odd he would speak so definitively about Rey Kenobi.  If he's debunking it, I think that's a pretty big spoiler. I'm not a active believer of the theory (although I'd welcome it if it were true) and it's obviously not as popular as Rey Skywalker, but it has a decent following.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 3 Dec - 13:53

Honestly, I hope he did debunk it. This Parentage Puzzle has run its course and I just want to move on from it so we can discuss other things about Rey's character.
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 3 Dec - 13:58

@Piper Maru wrote:Honestly, I hope he did debunk it. This Parentage Puzzle has run its course and I just want to move on from it so we can discuss other things about Rey's character.
@Piper Maru

They should debunk all the reylated theories, too for par condicio.
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 3 Dec - 14:07

It would be weird to mislead the audience so close to the movie release and lineage possibilities are not that big a spoiler when compared to stuff like Rey's connection to Kylo, Kylo's redemption, Luke's past etc. ....maybe they want the audience to focus on that instead?

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Sun 3 Dec - 14:27

I hope he did as well honestly. Rey herself has always been the mystery, not her parents. It's always been about Rey, and the fundamental message behind her character is one of letting go of what is behind her, moving forward and being open to new relationships and experiences. Her last name never mattered, nor has the identity of her parents, and frankly I even question if we're ever going to learn it because it's really just not important. Why she was left is. Why nobody ever came back for her, but not the identity or surname of a family she won't ever find belonging with anyway.

This has always been the case. J.J. on the TFA commentary:
And this idea that she won’t share with him here is, of course, because she feels like the only belonging she’s ever going to have is her family and if she leaves she’ll never get a chance to see them. So there was a very powerful idea that what she desperately wanted was belonging, which she’ll get, but just not how she expects.
I have nothing against Rey Kenobi. I just think people have always been following the wrong leads with regard to this tired mystery. If LF had wanted to slap a Kenobi name on dead parents as a clear form of fan service, sure, whatever, but I find it so much better this way. Trying to make Rey all about her last name is essentially the same as trying to hold her back from developing and finding her belonging. It undermines the amazing character she already is.
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sun 3 Dec - 15:38

@MyOnlyHope wrote:I hope he did as well honestly. Rey herself has always been the mystery, not her parents. It's always been about Rey, and the fundamental message behind her character is one of letting go of what is behind her, moving forward and being open to new relationships and experiences. Her last name never mattered, nor has the identity of her parents, and frankly I even question if we're ever going to learn it because it's really just not important. Why she was left is. Why nobody ever came back for her, but not the identity or surname of a family she won't ever find belonging with anyway.

This has always been the case. J.J. on the TFA commentary:
And this idea that she won’t share with him here is, of course, because she feels like the only belonging she’s ever going to have is her family and if she leaves she’ll never get a chance to see them. So there was a very powerful idea that what she desperately wanted was belonging, which she’ll get, but just not how she expects.
I have nothing against Rey Kenobi. I just think people have always been following the wrong leads with regard to this tired mystery. If LF had wanted to slap a Kenobi name on dead parents as a clear form of fan service, sure, whatever, but I find it so much better this way. Trying to make Rey all about her last name is essentially the same as trying to hold her back from developing and finding her belonging. It undermines the amazing character she already is.
@MyOnlyHope
The "her parentage is important" discourse was all tied to people asking Rey "who are you?" in TFA -- BB-8 and Maz, specifically. As if "who are you" = "who are your parents?" It does not. TFA never actually suggested Rey's family/parents were important to the narrative at all, but rather Rey herself. Maz and Luke asking Rey "who are you" does not give the impression that she's just some descendant of a Jedi family, but rather something bigger, and the reasons she's something "bigger" will have nothing to do with her lineage but rather her powers and her destiny.

I wasn't a fan of any parentage theory because they all undercut the message Rey's character represented to me in TFA, a message that, according to Daisy and Rian, will continue in TLJ. Rey is amazing because her story is about progress, about moving on from the past and choosing her family rather than remaining tied back by blood. There is nothing compelling about attaching a last name we care about like Kenobi to a character whose core development is all about letting go of what abandoned her and embracing her future.

Another fantastic Daisy quote about Rey's journey in TLJ:
I think the wonderful thing -- especially about this film is it's all about progress and the relationships people are making now. And obviously things are influenced by what you had before. But I just think it's beautiful that the relationships are formed with people that aren't even necessarily -- that wouldn't be classed as family, but family is who you choose, I think. You can choose to love people and bring them into your home and make a life with a group of people who have no blood relation to you."
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum