ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -14

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 5:22 pm

Hmmm, something super interesting for a change:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/03/star-wars-the-last-jedi-and-a-trees-fate/

My money is on a flashback to the very distant past. If that area was once the inside of a temple, it was a very very long time ago.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 5:37 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Hmmm, something super interesting for a change:

My money is on a flashback to the very distant past. If that area was once the inside of a temple, it was a very very long time ago.
@Darth Dingbat

I was just coming here to post this. My guess is the same as yours--a flashback to the distant past, my bet being that the burning tree has something to do with whatever Luke and Ben discovered that caused the big rift between them.

Annnnnd... If that tree burned due to whatever happened in ancient times, I would guess that as some here have predicted, we'll see the tree bud or blossom when the Force is "healed" by the end of the ST.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 5:50 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

I was just coming here to post this. My guess is the same as yours--a flashback to the distant past, my bet being that the burning tree has something to do with whatever Luke and Ben discovered that caused the big rift between them.

Annnnnd... If that tree burned due to whatever happened in ancient times, I would guess that as some here have predicted, we'll see the tree bud or blossom when the Force is "healed" by the end of the ST.
@ISeeAnIsland

Exactly! The first Jedi temple, from a time before the split to Light and Dark? And then Something Happened(tm).

My prayer circle gif isn't working, but *prayer circle for visions of ancient history*
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 5:52 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

Exactly! The first Jedi temple, from a time before the split to Light and Dark? And then Something Happened(tm).

My prayer circle gif isn't working, but *prayer circle for visions of ancient history*
@Darth Dingbat

I agree it has to be in the past, because if not we would see the unburned tree. So it has to be a flashback.
AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 6:29 pm

@AceofWands wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
It was more of statement on these rumours we're talking about how Disney would put faith in villain and someone who they know will do something bad to one of the most popular character in SW franchise that will make some people not buying his toys and merchendise. Comparing that to Rey. Not really direct shoot at you but you've just mentioned.
@DarthRen

But of course they would put faith in the villain. Kylo (or rather his mask) is the face of the new trilogy. All toys have his face. And it makes sense because the merch used to have Darth Vader's face before. For the period of TCW, they used Yoda (which is a little boring) or Captain Rex. Captain Rex has a distinctive look. But selling toys is not about who is the nicest character.
@AceofWands

I'd say Rey is the face of this trilogy as much as Kylo, if not more. They probably count on him as cool looking villain but usually heroes are advertised mainly. But maybe, thanks to Darth Vader outselling Luke, they might thought that Kylo would outsell Rey in terms of merchandise. For me Kylo and Rey goes hand in hand as the face of this trilogy, main hero and villain.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 27 Mar 2017, 7:05 pm

@AceofWands wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

Annnnnd...  If that tree burned due to whatever happened in ancient times, I would guess that as some here have predicted, we'll see the tree bud or blossom when the Force is "healed" by the end of the ST.
@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth Dingbat

I agree it has to be in the past, because if not we would see the unburned tree. So it has to be a flashback.
@AceofWands

In the force back we see some fire/smoke when Luke puts his hand on r2 and then with Kylo and the KOR in the rain what some people think is that that same tree way in the background. If so, it has already been burned.

Based on the scene of Luke/R2 I wonder if the burning tree happened during the massacre? ETA: just realized the massacre would have happened in a different place if the tree is indeed on Ach-to - two different spots as Luke's not-an-academy would not also be there.
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 1:27 am

I'm just insanely curious as to what Kylo looks like post his duel with Rey- why are they keeping him under wraps to such an extent? Shocked
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 1:28 am

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I'm just insanely curious as to what Kylo looks like post his duel with Rey- why are they keeping him under wraps to such an extent? Shocked
@motherofpearl1

He's going bald. Twisted Evil
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 1:29 am

Very funny!! lol!
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 1:29 am

Definitely something more interesting than AT-AT gorillaz.

My mind goes straight to Rebels and Bendu, and his power to provoke Force storms.

The storm can set a tree on fire, at least in RL.

And as is seen in the very first teaser - the storm is coming to Anch-To.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 7:16 am

@SkyStar wrote:I did read an article about Rey breaking a tradition that female character action figures don't sell. Owner of a shop was interviewed and he said, that only Kylo's figures sell better, because he is a villain. Rey comes close second.

And I can not find it now, because google is full of "Omg, Disney thought we would like Kylo Ren better than Rey!!!"articles lol.
@SkyStar

This is the article you're talking about: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/27/this-star-wars-character-altered-the-toy-industry-forever.html

And, yes, Kylo did sell more than Rey

"[Disney] took a risk and they made a female the hero of 'Force Awakens'," Jim Silver, CEO of TTPM, an online toy review site, told CNBC. "She sold better than just about anyone, except for Kylo Ren, but the villain always sells better."

Kylo Rey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 7:24 am

@Kylo Rey wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:I did read an article about Rey breaking a tradition that female character action figures don't sell. Owner of a shop was interviewed and he said, that only Kylo's figures sell better, because he is a villain. Rey comes close second.

And I can not find it now, because google is full of "Omg, Disney thought we would like Kylo Ren better than Rey!!!"articles lol.
@SkyStar

This is the article you're talking about: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/27/this-star-wars-character-altered-the-toy-industry-forever.html

And, yes, Kylo did sell more than Rey

"[Disney] took a risk and they made a female the hero of 'Force Awakens'," Jim Silver, CEO of TTPM, an online toy review site, told CNBC. "She sold better than just about anyone, except for Kylo Ren, but the villain always sells better."

@Kylo Rey

yes! thank you! Smile
SkyStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 11:28 am

@Darth Dingbat

I am in love with the mysticism we are apparently going to get in the next episode. So excited for TLJ.

The burning tree could be a vision, perhaps a literal sign of the destructive imbalance in the Force. It reminds me of the profound symbolism in the visions several characters have in Lord of the Rings.

I'd like to think Kylo and Rey are in for a deeply spiritual journey, one which brings their paths together.

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I'm just insanely curious as to what Kylo looks like post his duel with Rey- why are they keeping him under wraps to such an extent? Shocked
@motherofpearl1

Yes, they seem to be hiding Kylo for now.

I will probably scream if the poster for TLJ is like the one for ROTS and shows two versions of Kylo - masked and unmasked. Reverse Anakin confirmed. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 12:01 pm

WhatGirl wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

I am in love with the mysticism we are apparently going to get in the next episode. So excited for TLJ.

The burning tree could be a vision, perhaps a literal sign of the destructive imbalance in the Force. It reminds me of the profound symbolism in the visions several characters have in Lord of the Rings.

I'd like to think Kylo and Rey are in for a deeply spiritual journey, one which brings their paths together.

@motherofpearl1

Yes, they seem to be hiding Kylo for now.

I will probably scream if the poster for TLJ is like the one for ROTS and shows two versions of Kylo - masked and unmasked. Reverse Anakin confirmed. Razz
@WhatGirl

Yes will be curious as to what they show in the Annie Leibovitz photos. The TFA ones showed him unmasked.
I feel like there has been such a drought of major spoilers! But we have the teaser trailer in two weeks and then Vanity Fair in May!

For the poster, considering they had Rey and Kylo *side by side, facing the same way* for the TFA one, I am wondering what is in store for TLJ. The TFA poster had a big emphasis of the color red on one side, blue on the other and that was a big theme in the movie.
Will it be like the toy preview with Rey in the center and Poe and Finn to either side? Luke will probably be the biggest one in the photo and at the top. In the past two trilogies, the second poster was the most romantic (Han dipping Leia, Anakin and Padme)
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 5:22 pm

Just read that Vader's castle is built over an ancient Sith cave.

Oh yeah, I bet we will see ol Kylo there. Or is it where Snoke is hiding out.

http://www.starwars.com/news/we-set-the-bar-so-high-doug-chiang-on-designing-rogue-one
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 5:24 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:Just read that Vader's castle is built over an ancient Sith cave.

http://www.starwars.com/news/we-set-the-bar-so-high-doug-chiang-on-designing-rogue-one
@ReyofLightSide

I think Snoke would be hiding elsewhere, this is too easy for people to guess. Kylo on the other hand might be playing video games at Mustafar and exploring Sith's caves around there. Just imagine Kylo taking Rey on a romantic walk on Mustafar into Sith's caves. Only Kylo Ren can come up with such an idea.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 6:25 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:Just read that Vader's castle is built over an ancient Sith cave.

@ReyofLightSide

I think Snoke would be hiding elsewhere, this is too easy for people to guess. Kylo on the other hand might be playing video games at Mustafar and exploring Sith's caves around there. Just imagine Kylo taking Rey on a romantic walk on Mustafar into Sith's caves. Only Kylo Ren can come up with such an idea.
@DarthRen

Wasn't there a rumor they were going to film in caves in Mexico ? Hmmmm
ETA: they allegedly scouted some http://makingstarwars.net/2016/02/star-wars-episode-viii-scouted-caves-in-mexico-for-location-shooting/

Last edited by ReyofLightSide on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 6:30 pm

Would that make Snoke a basement-dweller?
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 6:33 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

@DarthRen

Wasn't there a rumor they were going to film in caves in Mexico ? Hmmmm
@ReyofLightSide

Not sure but might be. Snoke will be seen not only as hologram but a real character, so it might be that he's gonna visit Kylo. Complete his training, mirroring raining Luke with Rey.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 7:40 pm

ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 8:08 pm

@ReyofLightSide

Express is the source. Not sure about this but some teaser would be nice but Kylo won't be part of any trailer as imagine. The're having him as surprise for the audience.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 8:16 pm

@DarthRen wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

Express is the source. Not sure about this but some teaser would be nice but Kylo won't be part of any trailer as imagine. The're having him as surprise for the audience.
@DarthRen

Yup they showed him in the Vanity Fair TFA pics but the trailers had him masked or shown from behind which didn't make sense as he looked the same.
I hope under his helmet he isn't also wearing some sort of half mask covering his face. Holy overkill. pirat
The first we will see him is when Rey sees him- he will unmask for her again, this time to show her her handiwork.
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 8:22 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@DarthRen

Yup they showed him in the Vanity Fair TFA pics but the trailers had him masked or shown from behind which didn't make sense as he looked the same.
I hope under his helmet he isn't also wearing some sort of half mask covering his face. Holy overkill. pirat
The first we will see him is when Rey sees him- he will unmask for her again, this time to show her her handiwork.
@ReyofLightSide

Yay Kylo Ren is a pirate, eyepatch over his eye. Just imagine. Very Happy He would look handsome as hell no doubt but yeah they're gonna have him as a secret maybe some quick shoots of him in trailers with his mask on. His mask is supposed to be same as in the TFA movie.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 8:25 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@DarthRen

@ReyofLightSide

But I do think that there is a possibility that there might be a legit teaser at this thing.  It's the convention for movie theater owners.  That would be a fairly closed and very box office minded group.

http://cinemacon.com/
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 8:30 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@ReyofLightSide

@DarthRen

Hope you're right. We needs some new piece of info to talk about and footage. I am just being pessimistic about it but ignore this. We might get this teaser trailer.

@ReyofLightSide

But I do think that there is a possibility that there might be a legit teaser at this thing.  It's the convention for movie theater owners.  That would be a fairly closed and very box office minded group.

http://cinemacon.com/
@SoloSideCousin

DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum