Rey and Kylo -- for the ages: what would it take?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo -- for the ages: what would it take?

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 18:25

Maybe Ben was blamed for the Jedi massacre and it wasn't him, and Han didn't defend him? Ugh, there is so many ways this could go.
All we know is-
Ben was sent to Luke
Snoke was interferring
Someone destroyed everything
Something happened with Han
Kylo was originally a Knight of Ren and then became their master.

@SoloSideCousin, I seem to remember the part of Han wanting to tell Leia something else as well.
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 18:38

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:Yes I can't imagine they would make Han look that bad.
Kylo says Ben was "weak and foolish" like his father- so in Kylo's eyes, Han either did something or DIDN'T do something
to make him feel that way. Maybe there was something Han didn't stop from happening.

I wondered if Han ignited the light saber himself. His hand is really close to the button when they both have their hands on it but it looks like Kylo's was closer. that would be quite a huge twist if Kylo hadn't been the one to do it.
@ReyofLightSide

If I had to guess, I'd say that Ben didn't want to get sent to Luke, and Han wasn't able to prevent it from happening.

I'm going from the hunch that Leia's line, "That's why I wanted him to train with Luke. I just never should have sent him away. That's when I lost him. That's when I lost you both."
@ISeeAnIsland

I've thought that discussion between Han and Leia meant that it ultimately came down to her decision to send Ben away and that Han, "too much Vader in him" , deferred to her. From the sound of things, there won't be any flashback Han in future installments (he seems too busy w/revisiting Rick Deckard and Indiana Jones). But likely Ben didn't want to go, Han didn't back him up or raise his voice when he knew how Ben felt. "That's when I lost you both." And perhaps whatever happened with his fall/destruction of Luke's academy, just solidified whatever kneejerk fear/reaction Han had to his son reminding him of his own bad experiences with the father-in-law from Hell. He seems pretty quick to wash his hands of the situation despite his obvious guilt/pain, until Leia (like always) has to push him in the right but hard direction.

Also in terms of throwing Han under the bus, if he sacrifices himself to ultimately save his child (a theme I expect we'll also see with Rey's parents), and the kid in turn ends up dead, quelle domage. For both Han and Leia. I wouldn't be surprised if he does something dangerous to sacrifice himself as repentance for his crimes and to protect Rey, such as going back to Snoke in full anticipation of a showdown. And that there'd be a cliffhanger where she ditches Luke et all to go after him.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 18:45

About Knights of Ren. Are they Force sensitive, users or not like Kylo? Is Kylo their leader because he's the strongest with the Force or because he has connections to both Light and Dark side? Snoke seems to be really about Light and Dark in the person to mke the best possible toy for him. Really curious about them and their origins. JJ said it would be cool to see film about them.

Last edited by DarthRen on Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 18:53; edited 1 time in total
DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 18:50

@DarthRen wrote:About Knight of Ren. Are they Force sensitive or not force users? Is Kylo their leader becaise he's the strongest with the Force or because he has connections to both Light and Dark side? Really curious about them and their origins. JJ said it would be cool to see film about them.
@DarthRen

I was a little disappointed we didn't see them. They looked sooo cool. And then we got like less than the trailer. Mad

I would guess that they are not force sensitive. That would explain why Kylo is so special. That also makes sense seeing they don't use lightsabers. But who knows...

I for one would really like it if they were Luke's students. Cause you know, the idea of "killing" is ambiguous in SW.
AceofWands
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 18:56

@AceofWands wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:About Knight of Ren. Are they Force sensitive or not force users? Is Kylo their leader becaise he's the strongest with the Force or because he has connections to both Light and Dark side? Really curious about them and their origins. JJ said it would be cool to see film about them.
@DarthRen

I was a little disappointed we didn't see them. They looked sooo cool. And then we got like less than the trailer. Mad

I would guess that they are not force sensitive. That would explain why Kylo is so special. That also makes sense seeing they don't use lightsabers. But who knows...

I for one would really like it if they were Luke's students. Cause you know, the idea of "killing" is ambiguous in SW.
@AceofWands

I just hope they won't be killed like rumours said, by Luke. While I appreaciate Luke being bad*** and powerful but wanna see more of them.

The idea of Luke's acolytes being these members of Knight of Ren would be cool. Death and killing is sometimes very relative and especially if you haven't seen it like with Han. They're mysterious and so intriguing.
DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 19:04

I wouldn't be surprised if the Knights of Ren originated as Acolytes of the Beyond. The AoB weren't exactly Force sensitive, but they were sent dark side dreams by a mysterious dark side entity (possibly Snoke).

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Wed 29 Mar 2017 - 19:31

@DarthRen wrote:About Knights of Ren. Are they Force sensitive, users or not like Kylo? Is Kylo their leader because he's the strongest with the Force or because he has connections to both Light and Dark side? Snoke seems to be really about Light and Dark in the person to mke the best possible toy for him. Really curious about them and their origins. JJ said it would be cool to see film about them.
@DarthRen

This is just speculation, but I suspect the KOR were formerly known as the Acolytes of the Beyond who were mentioned in the Aftermath series. If that is true, then they're most likely not Force sensitive, but dark side fanatics who idolize Vader and collect relics connected to the Sith lord. On their Wookieepedia page, one Acolyte of the Beyond is quoted saying, "We are not violent. Not yet." Which could very well foreshadow their becoming the Knights of Ren, an extremely violent group.

I can see why Kylo would be their master, as he is a direct descendant of Darth Vader and the ultimate dark side relic in their eyes. I have no evidence but I am pretty confident that they, the relic collectors, are the ones who brought him Vader's melted helmet possibly as an offering or a gift. Kylo may very well have trained them in battle, as he is described as a 'fallen Jedi' by Pablo which indicates that he has completed his own training and can teach others. I hope we'll get to see their interactions with each other and with Kylo before the big fight sequence with Luke and Rey.
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum