ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Helix on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 9:36 pm

BB-8 is C-3PO and R2-D2's adopted child.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by ReyofLightSide on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 10:06 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Official 40th Anniversary poster for Celebration, posted today.

I love how Rey and Kylo are the only ones with lightsabers. #forceusercouple #cuttingourweddingcake

@Xylo Ren

You have Leia under Padme, Luke under Anakin, Kylo under Han.....and then there's Rey under Obi-wan a bit. Hmmmm.

The TFA Vanity Fair shoot had Kylo unmasked and did not hide him. I predict he will be unmasked for TLJ Vanity Fair story but shown from the side w/o his scar or that part of his face hidden/in a shadow.

Last edited by ReyofLightSide on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 10:09 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:

I love how Rey and Kylo are the only ones with lightsabers. #forceusercouple #cuttingourweddingcake

@Xylo Ren

You have Leia under Padme, Luke under Anakin, Kylo under Ben.....and then there's Rey under Obi-wan a bit. Hmmmm.

The TFA Vanity Fair shoot had Kylo unmasked and did not hide him. I predict he will be unmasked for TLJ Vanity Fair story but shown from the side w/o his scar or that part of his face hidden/in a shadow.
@ReyofLightSide

I find it interesting that Kylo Ren and Rey are the only ones who aren't facing entirely away from each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 10:14 pm

RandomObserver wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:

@Xylo Ren

You have Leia under Padme, Luke under Anakin, Kylo under Ben.....and then there's Rey under Obi-wan a bit. Hmmmm.

@ReyofLightSide

I find it interesting that Kylo Ren and Rey are the only ones who aren't facing entirely away from each other.
@RandomObserver

Yup. If you lengthen their lightsabers, they are perfectly parallel. Facing off against the FO?
I still go back to the Resistance logo hidden in plain sight on Kylo on the TFA poster.
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 10:30 pm

Yup. If you lengthen their lightsabers, they are perfectly parallel. Facing off against the FO?
I still go back to the Resistance logo hidden in plain sight on Kylo on the TFA poster.

Would you be able to point that out to me? I've never noticed that before and I'd love to see it.
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 10:36 pm

@nemapasara wrote:

Would you be able to point that out to me? I've never noticed that before and I'd love to see it.
@nemapasara

Here is a closeup, it is on his right shoulder
http://media.comicbook.com/2015/10/star-wars-the-force-awakens-poster-official-header-155773.jpg
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 11:03 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:

@nemapasara

http://media.comicbook.com/2015/10/star-wars-the-force-awakens-poster-official-header-155773.jpg
@ReyofLightSide

Ah, are you talking about the folds in his clothing here? I don't know if it means anything but it's interesting nonetheless.
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 11:19 pm

@nemapasara wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:

@nemapasara

@ReyofLightSide

Ah, are you talking about the folds in his clothing here? I don't know if it means anything but it's interesting nonetheless.
@nemapasara

I'm not sure what it means, but there's no way that wasn't deliberately placed there. Clothing doesn't fold/wrinkle into discernible shapes like that naturally.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Thu 23 Feb 2017, 11:31 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:

@nemapasara

@ReyofLightSide

@nemapasara

I'm not sure what it means, but there's no way that wasn't deliberately placed there. Clothing doesn't fold/wrinkle into discernible shapes like that naturally.
@ISeeAnIsland

If anything catches my eye, it's the shadow his hood creates that shapes the one side of the logo. That looks like it's been messed around with. Seems way too hard cut to be natural. But the fold is weird, too. I love easter egg stuff like this, but it also makes me want to spend hours analyzing the poster.
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 1:08 am

RandomObserver wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@BastilaBey wrote:
@Darth Dementor wrote:
@Saracene wrote:TFA is a very very flawed film and I think that much of its criticism is completely justified. Its biggest strength is the cast and the strong, charismatic performances JJ got out of his actors. I can safely say though that if it wasn't for Kylo's character I'd probably forget about the movie a long time ago.
@Saracene

There are a couple of plot holes; 40 by this old articles count:
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8850324

But TFA is a great film in spite of them.  I am more caught up in all the awesome scenes; wonderful performances and analyzing it's themes to really notice the mistakes, both major and minor.
@Darth Dementor

Many points on that list really aren't plot holes, they're more a consequence of JJ's mystery box style and Kasdan's 'less is more' attitude on exposition. For example, why does Kylo take his mask off in front of Rey? Why does he lose to her, and struggle against Finn? How does Rey seem so powerful after no training? These are all explained if you understand from the movie that Kylo is weakened after killing his father and feels compassion for Rey, but that has clearly not been a widespread reading.
@BastilaBey

Agreed 100%.  Maybe it's just because "Reylo" was more obvious to me than to others, but I didn't see Kylo unmasking for Rey first as a detraction to the story.  Honestly that's one my most hated fanboy complaints (He should have only unmasked for Han!!! Ugh...).  Same with the Mary Sue complaint.  I have even seen that discussed at length here.  If you look at it from the Reylo perspective, it explains everything.  Not only was he injured, he basically let her win.  Look at his face after it's been slashed by her.  He looks more turned on than angry...  
@IoJovi

Yes! That's one thing I will never understand, why his last response doesn't get more attention from the general audience, because it's not an "I'll get you, Gadget" or even a "You better run NOW because you won't have a piece left by the time I'm through you" look. He doesn't even look angry. He looks awed. Even if we didn't have the Intimate Cam during the interrogation scene, Kylo's elevator eyes and innuendos, or the fact that he offered to train her instead of kill her, that shot of him lying in the snow staring at her pretty much sold me on the fact that they're going to be a thing.

@RandomObserver

When WTBS did the marathons of the PT and the OT, I thought the final moment's look between those two was a bit of callback to the endings of the first movies from the PT and OT, where the male and female leads who end up LI exchange a look

via GIPHY

I'm sure there's a nice tidy gif out there, but I'm lazy and these are the screencaps of the look they exchange, which like the previous two (which BTW are his parents and grandparents) hints at unfinished business and primary relationship between the two characters

It's not a perfect parallel or example of Ring Theory, as the always insightful @Darth Dementor has pointed out that TFA's ending mirrors the ending of ESB more than it mirrors the original movie (which is a detail which nobody every mentions when complaining that it's a rehash) with Leia sending off one of the heroes in the Falcon to retrieve her loved one

Last edited by snufkin on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LastCrusadeLeft on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 2:21 am

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
RandomObserver wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@ReyofLightSide

@RandomObserver

@ReyofLightSide

Of all characters I think it's somewhat strange to depict Padme holding a blaster. Confus
In doing so that image of her from Ep.II is the only one that doesn't fit chronologically into the otherwise adjusted trios.
I know she was strong and all but her major role was that of a politician.

And I think it's interesting that only 4 (+2) characters are depicted more than once: Obi-Wan + Rey, Anakin + Luke ...well, and C3PO & R2. Lolilol
LastCrusadeLeft
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 10:57 am

@DarthRen wrote:
@Rogue Rey wrote:

@Xylo Ren

My observation of the poster is:

Obi-wan is in between Anakin and Padme - he didn't approve of their relationship
Luke is in between Han and Leia - which he was for a large amount of the OT
Luke is in between Kylo and Rey - is he going to stand in their way??? Wink
@Rogue Rey

How can you omit trifecta of C3PO, R2D2 and BB-8. Rolling Eyes

Also look at positioning of Finn's and Poe's heads looking at the same direction.

Kylo's lightsaber and Rey's lightsaber how they're placed basically like a two side of the coin.
@DarthRen

I'm not sure what you mean??? Question Question

I was merely observing that Obi-wan stood between Anakin and Padme while Luke stood between Han and Leia and potentially between Rey and Kylo.
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 11:51 am

@nemapasara wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:

@nemapasara

@ReyofLightSide

@nemapasara

That's it. Once you see it you can't unsee it. I agree it has to be deliberate.
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 1:15 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:

@nemapasara

@ReyofLightSide

@nemapasara

That's it. Once you see it you can't unsee it. I agree it has to be deliberate.
@ReyofLightSide

It's got to be deliberate, yes - regardless of its meaning. I know enough about fabrics to know that heavy fabric like that doesn't just accidentally twist into such an unnatural fold.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 1:15 pm

This might be reading things a little too far but I think the Resistance symbol hidden in the creases of Kylo's outfit is a hint of his secret sympathy for the Resistance and his possible treasonous thoughts/behavior against the First Order.

In TFA I believe Kylo is already acting against Snoke and the FO in subtle, indirect ways. I strongly suspect he's the one who sent that last-minute communication to the Resistance about the Ileenium system being the next target to get blown up. It's very easy to miss: the reconnaissance ship had already returned (that is how the FO tracked them down) they had already passed on all the information they had but then this new coded message suddenly comes in to warn them. Who sent it? I could be wrong but it seems only three people (Snoke, Hux, and Kylo) were in the know at the time.

Kylo is a "traitor" and he knows it. He calls Finn a traitor with such intense anger but I believe deep down he sees himself mirrored in Finn and is projecting.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 1:56 pm

WhatGirl wrote:This might be reading things a little too far but I think the Resistance symbol hidden in the creases of Kylo's outfit is a hint of his secret sympathy for the Resistance and his possible treasonous thoughts/behavior against the First Order.

In TFA I believe Kylo is already acting against Snoke and the FO in subtle, indirect ways. I strongly suspect he's the one who sent that last-minute communication to the Resistance about the Ileenium system being the next target to get blown up. It's very easy to miss: the reconnaissance ship had already returned (that is how the FO tracked them down) they had already passed on all the information they had but then this new coded message suddenly comes in to warn them. Who sent it? I could be wrong but it seems only three people (Snoke, Hux, and Kylo) were in the know at the time.

Kylo is a "traitor" and he knows it. He calls Finn a traitor with such intense anger but I believe deep down he sees himself mirrored in Finn and is projecting.
@WhatGirl

That's my preferred reading of it.

I guess, to play devil's advocate, you could say that it's a hint of his ties to the Resistance through his lineage, but that just feels a bit convoluted.

I think that the more likely answer is along the lines of what you've said, or that it's foreshadowing for some action to come in VIII or IX.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 4:33 pm

I believe Kylo did warn Leia on the Ileenium system. Why is still the question- compassion for her? Guilt? He feels the FO was wrong to do it? He feels at fault for causing it?

I think we are going to be in for quite the backstory on our dark prince.

ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 5:02 pm

WhatGirl wrote:This might be reading things a little too far but I think the Resistance symbol hidden in the creases of Kylo's outfit is a hint of his secret sympathy for the Resistance and his possible treasonous thoughts/behavior against the First Order.

@WhatGirl

I think you're right that Kylo is acting in sutble ways against FO and Snoke. Hux accused him of it and Kylo reversed that answer into threat to Hux.

There is the thing Kylo wants to finish what Darth Vader started but what exactly Darth Vader started or what was his plan? We know that he planned to overthrow Palpatine. Is that what Kylo wants to do, rule with Rey as Darth Vader wanted with Luke by overthowing Snoke and FO? He never wanted Rey to explore Dark Side of the Force only to show her way of the Force. I think there is much mystery to Darth Vader initial plans and what he wanted because while he destroyed systems and all that, he wanted to rule. He owed Palpatine a lot but it was clear that Palpatine was just using him and tried to find another better student, Darth Vader killed them one by one so he won't be replaced.

What exactly does Kylo wants to do and what is his goal. Also, is he goin to Ach-To just to kill Luke and Rey or capture them or is it because of crystals as Rogue One alluded to? It has to be tied to what Luke is guarding or searching for at First Jedi Temple. It's very interesting to see because Kylo clearly doesn't care about FO as Hux delivered his speech, he was at his ship and looking like Darth Vader. Destroying systems but essential to his plan to overthrow Palpatine or Snoke for Kylo. Many questions who is Snoke, what is his origins, what Kylo wants to finish, who are Rey's parents and what does Luke guards and searches for? Not just Rey's parents there are many other mysteries. Some of these things might be tied to Rey's parentage.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 5:45 pm

Yeah, I don't think Kylo is a good guy (yet), but he clearly has some hidden agenda. If he was a brainwashed soldier, he wouldn't go out of his way and disobey Snoke's orders to find Luke.
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 6:05 pm

Not sure where the hell to put this but found he comic, it's egmont again the U.K. Star Wars publishers. The ones who did the annual.  Not sure if they have inside lnfo but damn the saber dropped is very specific considering it's matching what we have of the KOR backstory(the backstory we have does not mention it being dropped after kylo stabs the clan leader, it just says the clan are fighting the 7 with a saber.) looks like egmont seem to know who was wielding the saber and why kylo kills him and what you have in trailer is him after he's claimed it from the clan leader. it looks like anakins here but in the trailer it really doesn't. I'm very confused

Last edited by Gemini on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 6:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 6:13 pm

@Gemini wrote:Not sure where the hell to put this but found he comic, it's egmont again the U.K. Star Wars publishers. The ones who did the annual.  Not sure if they have inside lnfo but damn the saber dropped is very specific considering it's matching what we have of the KOR backstory.

Is it just me or does that clan leader that Kylo kills not look like a clan leader at all? That looks like a Knight of Ren to me.
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 6:15 pm

@nemapasara wrote:
@Gemini wrote:Not sure where the hell to put this but found he comic, it's egmont again the U.K. Star Wars publishers. The ones who did the annual.  Not sure if they have inside lnfo but damn the saber dropped is very specific considering it's matching what we have of the KOR backstory.

Is it just me or does that clan leader that Kylo kills not look like a clan leader at all? That looks like a Knight of Ren to me.
@nemapasara

I think I see the salad bowl slightly but I don't know.

Also the saber looks like a shapeless blob hilt lmao looks like anakins kind of but not at the same time
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 6:33 pm

It's the Salad Bowl minus the fur and Kylo kills him from the back in the movie. He was about to cut someone down when Kylo stabbed him.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 7:08 pm

It's clearly a depiction of Anakin's legacy saber. I mean, come on. The vaguely lightsaber shaped thing in the dark as heck trailer is far more difficult to make out than this.

This is also a more recent retelling of canonical events. The most significant thing we can learn from this is that the clan leader was the one wielding the saber. It fell out of his hand when Kylo ran him through.

So, piecing this together, we've got:

1) Kylo and his Knights face a clan of some sort in battle.
2) Kylo goes up against the leader of the clan, a salad bowl hat sporting guy who is wielding the Skywalker legacy saber.
3) Kylo kills the man, who then drops the saber.
4) Kylo picks up the saber (this is the shot that made it into the trailer).

This scene is likely still what it always was: Kylo and his Knights stealing back the relic he felt was rightfully his. Somewhere between here and Rey's discovery of the saber, Maz stole it from Kylo.

Last edited by MyOnlyHope on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 7:13 pm

Although that scene is not in the rain in that comic, it looks like the same place Luke is.

@myonlyhope

That's not what happens in the backstory we have from early spoilers. Anakins saber is stolen by maz before this scene takes place in the rain.(as I remember reading the spoilers)

I'm not saying that's not anakins saber, I said it looks like it.

I'm just trying to share information I've found thats all.

I'm glad it's finally aknowledged that there was actually a saber there at least. Only took 8 months to get a clear depiction

Last edited by Gemini on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum