ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Helix on Fri 05 May 2017, 10:38 am

@SanghaRen wrote:

They don't care so much about Kylo's character that his face is there on the poster and that he is in the Battlefront 2 game along with Rey.

Honestly, why is there always some concern rising over what non official sources say? As for what Pablo says, duh! Most films are fine-tuned until the very end. I think that goes hand in hand with the artistic process to want to fine-tune until the end. Yes, maybe JJ had not a clear idea why Luke left. So? Until I am sitting there watching TLJ and thinking to myself "what a mess!", I will give everyone the benefit of the doubt from JJ to Rian and to big bad Colin who is already labeled "the one who will destroy the ST" even before he really started to work on the film.

It is supposed to be entertainment, not food for more anxieties, ya know
? If I want to worry about stuff, I'll take a look at the RL stuff. Come on, enjoy, what we already got! Promotion has only started.

Anyone saw Pablo's background picture for his Twitter account? I can't include neither a link or a picture right now. It's so cute!!! It's his noseless cat.

@SanghaRen

That reminds me of some people in the AVP forums/sites. They are such downers about every aspect of the new Alien and Predator movies long before cast pictures of trailers are even out. People ask them why they bother with them if all they ever do is complain and of course they never answer. It's probably like an unhealthy addiction after so many disappoints to them. My advice is bail if you don't like if anymore before you become those fans who are addicted to something that just upsets them. Not aimed at anyone, but general advice if people get too down.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 05 May 2017, 10:49 am

@Helix wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:

They don't care so much about Kylo's character that his face is there on the poster and that he is in the Battlefront 2 game along with Rey.

Honestly, why is there always some concern rising over what non official sources say? As for what Pablo says, duh! Most films are fine-tuned until the very end. I think that goes hand in hand with the artistic process to want to fine-tune until the end. Yes, maybe JJ had not a clear idea why Luke left. So? Until I am sitting there watching TLJ and thinking to myself "what a mess!", I will give everyone the benefit of the doubt from JJ to Rian and to big bad Colin who is already labeled "the one who will destroy the ST" even before he really started to work on the film.

? If I want to worry about stuff, I'll take a look at the RL stuff. Come on, enjoy, what we already got! Promotion has only started.

Anyone saw Pablo's background picture for his Twitter account? I can't include neither a link or a picture right now. It's so cute!!! It's his noseless cat.

@SanghaRen

That reminds me of some people in the AVP forums/sites. They are such downers about every aspect of the new Alien and Predator movies long before cast pictures of trailers are even out. People ask them why they bother with them if all they ever do is complain and of course they never answer. It's probably like an unhealthy addiction after so many disappoints to them. My advice is bail if you don't like if anymore before you become those fans who are addicted to something that just upsets them. Not aimed at anyone, but general advice if people get too down.
@Helix

I couldn't agree more.  If I hated the potential direction of the ST, I would have bailed out of this fandom a long time ago.  Honestly this is one of the little things in my life that makes me jump over the moon for joy on occasion, which is really why I'm here in the first place.  @SanghaRen is right, there are for more things in the world to get stressed over.  Star Wars shouldn't be one of them.  

As far as Kylo's importance, I really do see him being treated as the Elephant in the Room rather than flat out ignoring him.  He wasn't mentioned once in the TLJ panel, but when it was over, we had that GORGEOUS poster, with his face, larger than life.  He's ABSOLUTELY important - that is certain.  He's the last Skywalker child.  How could he not be?  Marketing is never going to be cohesive 100% of the time.  It's not a film, so it doesn't have to be.  As long as it continues to point in the general direction that makes sense to me, I'm good.

That said, I would hope they have some kind of outline in place for the ST.  I know it was discussed who Rey was (OR WASN'T, more importantly) before the script for TFA was ever written, and so that piece and how she fits into the story has to be in place through IX.  Other smaller story lines I can see each director having a bit more creative license, but I would think the central story was set in stone.

It does seem odd to me though that that they didn't have a real reason nailed down at the end of TFA why Luke left.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 05 May 2017, 11:06 am

@SanghaRen wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:@panki That's hilarious! Smile

I do wonder at times just how cohesive this ST will be when we look back over it. More and more, I get the impression TFA was a case of throwing lots of ideas out there and a lot of them will come to nothing. Rian will pick up on some stuff but only what took his fancy like what's up with Luke. Who knows where the plot will be when Colin takes over and what plot strands he cares about. Do they not mention Kylo because he's a walking spoiler or because they don't care about the character? I'm genuinely starting to wonder.

It is supposed to be entertainment, not food for more anxieties, ya know? If I want to worry about stuff, I'll take a look at the RL stuff. Come on, enjoy, what we already got! Promotion has only started.

@SanghaRen

I'm simply saying that I haven't heard either Rian Johnson or Colin Trevorrow talk about Kylo/Ben Solo at all so I can't say what importance they attach to the character. Yes, the signs are good with the poster and other promotional material. But, personally speaking, I'm not going to take anything for granted until I get a sense of how Rian sees the character and Kylo's relationship with other characters. I'm certainly not taking the direction JJ went in TFA for granted because JJ has said himself that he hasn't been much involved with TLJ. I'm not freaking out about it, I'm just taking everything into account to adjust my own expectations. I see so many fans setting their hopes for TLJ so high that there's nowhere to go but down. Anyway, each to their own and all that.

Last edited by Mrs Ben Solo on Fri 05 May 2017, 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 05 May 2017, 11:06 am

@Helix wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:

@SanghaRen

I do hope no one here is getting too down for the ST. I was just trying to cheer. It's really too early to get worried about the ST as a whole imo or even Kylo being pushed aside. I mean for all we know they are giving us a Ben Solo figure with sexy scar soon and we'll all be dancing and elbowing our way through the stores to be the first ones to get it. Lucasfilm: Mother's day is on May 28th in France, could you hurry up already? My mom's waiting. Guess, I can actually kiss that one goodby. But then, before August, ok? She has her birthday in August.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Fri 05 May 2017, 11:33 am

AVP is interesting because it focused later on the dynamic between the heroine and the predator, which was one reason I really liked the movie. I feel like this is something that might appeal more to female viewers and is treated as silly by male viewers who might mockingly say, "Just because someone is the enemy of your enemy doesn't make it a friend." I remember this being mocked slightly too in the commentary for the film Predators as though it was righting this dynamic by restoring 100% enmity between human and predator.

But the funny thing is that the Predator movies have always danced around a little with the human/predator dynamic. Could a predator come to feel something for a human or understand its point of view at all? Can a human ever be seen as "more than prey"? At the end of Predator 2, the hero is given a trophy by the predators for defeating one of them (they would not give a trophy to one who they saw no value in as sentient). AVP takes this further by showing the long history of predators on earth, that they were worshiped as deities, and thus that they have a more vested interest in Earth as sacred hunting ground than it may have appeared at first. They also backed off a lot as human civilizations became more advanced and grew out of the ETs as deities phase. They have been watching the human race for a long time, apparently with interest. They don't want the Alien species overtaking the Earth, and send a ship immediately to take care of the problem at the south pole. So are they entirely the enemies of humanity? Nope. I wouldn't say they are friends of humanity either, unless they also protect Earth from other species (which they might actually do).

But I find it interesting that it seems like "fanboys" (I hate over-generalizing this) will kind of shun or make fun of anything softer that could be at play in these sorts of dynamics? It must be instead total enmity between hero and villain? Unless the hero character is male? I don't have all answers here, and I don't know what I'm talking about, but I feel like female fandom interests are making their way into Sci-Fi stories increasingly with time. Maybe the Kick*** Chick (as I like to call her) was more accepted by male fandom because she's hot and she kicks a**. She's easily plugged into a heroic role often fulfilled by male characters while not changing the role itself (it's like a man, only hotter). But as soon as the stories change to incorporate more feminine elements or draw upon archetypes that appeal more to the female fandom (in general), that is just not okay?

Last edited by Acritiqua on Fri 05 May 2017, 11:39 am; edited 4 times in total
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Fri 05 May 2017, 11:34 am

@IoJovi wrote:
@Helix

I couldn't agree more.  If I hated the potential direction of the ST, I would have bailed out of this fandom a long time ago.  Honestly this is one of the little things in my life that makes me jump over the moon for joy on occasion, which is really why I'm here in the first place.  @SanghaRen is right, there are for more things in the world to get stressed over.  Star Wars shouldn't be one of them.  

As far as Kylo's importance, I really do see him being treated as the Elephant in the Room rather than flat out ignoring him.  He wasn't mentioned once in the TLJ panel, but when it was over, we had that GORGEOUS poster, with his face, larger than life.  He's ABSOLUTELY important - that is certain.  He's the last Skywalker child.  How could he not be?  Marketing is never going to be cohesive 100% of the time.  It's not a film, so it doesn't have to be.  As long as it continues to point in the general direction that makes sense to me, I'm good.

That said, I would hope they have some kind of outline in place for the ST.  I know it was discussed who Rey was (OR WASN'T, more importantly) before the script for TFA was ever written, and so that piece and how she fits into the story has to be in place through IX.  Other smaller story lines I can see each director having a bit more creative license, but I would think the central story was set in stone.

It does seem odd to me though that that they didn't have a real reason nailed down at the end of TFA why Luke left.
@IoJovi

Agreed. There's not much we can do anyways. Say they don't go the way we want them to or they're bad... well. We'll say they were a missed opportunity and move on with our lives. I like to try to remain positive, though. It is just Star Wars. Wink
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Fri 05 May 2017, 1:11 pm

EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 05 May 2017, 1:32 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Helix wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:

@SanghaRen

@Helix

@IoJovi

Well, if you go of the theory that Luke is guarding something at the first Jedi temple, they might have had that as an overall concept but not have worked out specifically what he was guarding.

Or, if you go with my headcanon that whatever is at the temple (assuming that it's not just the books, and that those are a separate artifact, which makes sense if Luke had rescued them from the burning temple) requires TWO Force users to open it...You could have a case where Luke has been trying for years to find a way around that requirement to access whatever is in the temple.

Basically, if Luke is on Ahch-To specifically for a Macguffin, then it really doesn't matter what that Macguffin is. Luke was always planned to be there as a plot device to get Luke, Kylo, and Rey together in one isolated place.

Last edited by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 05 May 2017, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 05 May 2017, 4:29 pm

Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 05 May 2017, 6:12 pm

Can't help it, I need to post this. Look at Pablo's cat.

And will it ever stop with the Reywalker questions?
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/860569621342019584
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 05 May 2017, 6:51 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:Can't help it, I need to post this. Look at Pablo's cat.

@SanghaRen

I can't believe some people are looking to him for Reywalker confirmation when I've lost track of how many times he's wrecked it.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 05 May 2017, 6:55 pm

@EchoBase wrote:
@EchoBase

Being method as he is, I bet Adam used that mistake to fuel his aggression in the next take and really give John a hard time.
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana on Fri 05 May 2017, 6:57 pm

As far as I know from what JJ and Kathy Kennedy have said in the past, the endgame is set in stone. JJ said what he did was set up the key relationships and central conflicts etc. so Rian could tell the story he wantd to tell in VIII. The path to the endgame however is whatever the director of each episode decides...
Once the trilogy is over, all the pieces will fall into place and everything will start to make sense.
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Fri 05 May 2017, 7:53 pm

Look no further than Reddit to see how stuck on Reywalker and Rey Solo some people somehow still are. If your theory needs pages and pages of justification after all this official info, it's probably not happening.

Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Fri 05 May 2017, 9:12 pm

@SanghaRen

Walter is the cutest noseless cat, I've ever seen! Smile There was this tweet from Pablo in that convo too... "The amount of things people say I said vastly outnumbers the things I have actually said. No wonder tumblr gets pissed."
kroi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Fri 05 May 2017, 9:15 pm

A lot of people are going to be disappointed with that reveal because they attached so much meaning to words and quotes from people like Pablo that don't mean what people think they mean. Even when it was completely and utterly wrecked like Rey Solo.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Fri 05 May 2017, 9:22 pm

@EchoBase wrote:
@EchoBase

When you disarm Adam Driver, but you weren't supposed to:

Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Fri 05 May 2017, 9:32 pm

@Helix wrote:A lot of people are going to be disappointed with that reveal because they attached so much meaning to words and quotes from people like Pablo that don't mean what people think they mean. Even when it was completely and utterly wrecked like Rey Solo.
@Helix

Reddit is becoming self-aware.

Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Sat 06 May 2017, 1:18 am

@SanghaRen

PH may annoy from time to time - but I'am a devoted Walter's fan!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 06 May 2017, 4:55 am

@SanghaRen

Pablos cat has had enough of your sith and snoke theories
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 06 May 2017, 5:12 am

People forgetting again that Pablo once implied there was a saber in his hand originally many moons ago but for some reason a more recent tweet where he says there is not one there or it's his glove trumps it? It's not there in tfa he is telling the truth. It's not. The choice of shots do not allow it to be seen.

Only the last Jedi will confirm if he's holding two or one if they choose to go back to this scene

@helix Try not to relish in people's "downfalls" and "destroyed theories" too much eh? You may be wrong and someone might decide to relish in yours one day. I'm sure there will be anger at that.
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sat 06 May 2017, 5:22 am

@Gemini wrote:People forgetting again that Pablo once implied there was a saber in his hand originally many moons ago but for some reason a more recent tweet where he says there is not one there or it's his glove trumps it? It's not there in tfa he is telling the truth. It's not. The choice of shots do not allow it to be seen.

Only the last Jedi will confirm if he's holding two or one if they choose to go back to this scene

@helix Try not to relish in people's "downfalls" and "destroyed theories" too much eh? You may be wrong and someone might decide to relish in yours one day. I'm sure there will be anger at that.
@Gemini

It was a pretty obvious joke. Also, I'm never that angry at my theories being proven wrong, it's just a movie, fam.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 06 May 2017, 5:38 am

@Helix wrote:
@Gemini wrote:People forgetting again that Pablo once implied there was a saber in his hand originally many moons ago but for some reason a more recent tweet where he says there is not one there or it's his glove trumps it? It's not there in tfa he is telling the truth. It's not. The choice of shots do not allow it to be seen.

@Gemini

It was a pretty obvious joke. Also, I'm never that angry at my theories being proven wrong, it's just a movie, fam.
@Helix

I don't care if the saber theory  is wrong. I have been thinking it may be wrong for some time now

Just a bit sick of people enjoying the destroyed theories, blud

What if reylo doesn't happen and the community gets a bunch of people joking and relishing? It's not gonna be a joke then. It's not going to be a laugh fest on here that's for sure.
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sat 06 May 2017, 5:44 am

@Gemini wrote:
@Helix wrote:

@Gemini

@Helix

I don't care if he saber theory  is wrong. I have been thinking inmay be wrong about it for some time now

Just a bit sick of people enjoying the destroyed theories, blud

What if reylo doesn't happen and the community gets a bunch of people joking and relishing? It's not gonna be a joke then.
@Gemini

You're taking this a bit too seriously. It won't matter because it's just a movie and we'll all move on. Considering how people treat others who don't believe in their theories are idiots, it's a pretty normal response and mostly aimed at Reddit. I haven't seen you running to protect Reywalker from the jokes. It's a theory, there's more important things in life. Try not to take out your anger on me and my obvious joke. I've explained it and I don't wish to take it any further. Wink
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Sat 06 May 2017, 7:02 am

EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum: