Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram - 10

Post by Gemini on Sat 06 May 2017, 7:51 am

@Helix wrote:
@Gemini wrote:
@Helix wrote:
@Gemini wrote:People forgetting again that Pablo once implied there was a saber in his hand originally many moons ago but for some reason a more recent tweet where he says there is not one there or it's his glove trumps it? It's not there in tfa he is telling the truth. It's not. The choice of shots do not allow it to be seen.

Only the last Jedi will confirm if he's holding two or one if they choose to go back to this scene

@helix Try not to relish in people's "downfalls" and "destroyed theories" too much eh? You may be wrong and someone might decide to relish in yours one day. I'm sure there will be anger at that.

@Gemini

It was a pretty obvious joke. Also, I'm never that angry at my theories being proven wrong, it's just a movie, fam.
@Helix

I don't care if he saber theory  is wrong. I have been thinking inmay be wrong about it for some time now

Just a bit sick of people enjoying the destroyed theories, blud

What if reylo doesn't happen and the community gets a bunch of people joking and relishing? It's not gonna be a joke then.
@Gemini

You're taking this a bit too seriously. It won't matter because it's just a movie and we'll all move on. Considering how people treat others who don't believe in their theories are idiots, it's a pretty normal response and mostly aimed at Reddit. I haven't seen you running to protect Reywalker from the jokes. It's a theory, there's more important things in life. Try not to take out your anger on me and my obvious joke. I've explained it and I don't wish to take it any further. Wink
@Helix

Just moving on is not what happens when Pablo or anyone else attacks reylo, I don't even know why people are pretending that they don't care when reylo gets trashed. There are repeated meltdowns across the fandom. Why even deny this?
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sat 06 May 2017, 7:55 am

@Gemini wrote:
@Helix

Just moving on is not what happens when Pablo attacks reylo, I don't even know why people are pretending that they don't care when reylo gets trashed. There are meltdowns across the fandom. Why even deny this?

@Gemini

I told you I was done and it would be nice if you honored that. I personally don't take his 'attacks' to heart because he's a dude on twitter who is negative about 99% of things. Pablo will be Pablo. Honestly. It's a ship in a movie.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Sat 06 May 2017, 8:11 am

@Helix wrote:
@Gemini wrote:
@Helix

Just moving on is not what happens when Pablo attacks reylo, I don't even know why people are pretending that they don't care when reylo gets trashed. There are meltdowns across the fandom. Why even deny this?

@Gemini

I told you I was done and it would be nice if you honored that. I personally don't take his 'attacks' to heart because he's a dude on twitter who is negative about 99% of things. Pablo will be Pablo. Honestly. It's a ship in a movie.
@Helix

That's fine

But if you're going to attack people's theories and joke and enjoy that they have been "destroyed" then you can't expect to be provocative and not get any retaliation from this. If you don't like a counter opinion then why be so provocative?

Maybe you will respect that and not joke next time?
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sat 06 May 2017, 8:17 am

@Gemini wrote:
@Helix wrote:
@Gemini wrote:
@Helix

@Gemini

@Helix

That's fine

But if you're going to attack people's theories and joke and enjoy that they have been "destroyed" then you can't expect to be provocative and not get any retaliation from this. If you don't like a counter opinion then why be so provocative?

Maybe you will respect that and not joke next time?
@Gemini

If you hate people destroying theories so bad why only defend ones you support? What about Rey Solo and Skywalker?Or should I call it ' The reywalker crap '? I never said 'lightsaber crap'. I don't see you helping them. It's a tad hypocritical to only defend your theories, as if you've never taken the **** out of other people's theories. Also, I never attacked that theory. My own interpretation isn't got debunked too, difference is I can look back and laugh at it. Joking does not equate enjoying.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 06 May 2017, 8:47 am

Let's move on to another topic, please. Thanks everyone.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sat 06 May 2017, 9:05 am

I don't know if this has been posted

*I'll delete this add-on if wanted, but I honestly don't mean to offend. It was aimed at Reddit and myself and honestly I should stop reading their stuff. That's the last I'll say.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 06 May 2017, 9:22 am

@Helix wrote:I don't know if this has been posted

*I'll delete this add-on if wanted, but I honestly don't mean to offend. It was aimed at Reddit and myself and honestly I should stop reading their stuff. That's the last I'll say.
@Helix

What's the problem? I don't get it :/
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 06 May 2017, 10:07 am

I have heard a lot about the force being dormant, and Baze losing his force powers. I wonder what it all means.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 06 May 2017, 10:10 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:I have heard a lot about the force being dormant, and Baze losing his force powers. I wonder what it all means.
@spacebaby45678

Considering the name of Episode VII is The Force Awakens, I'm not surprised. I hadn't really thought about it until now, but it does make complete sense.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 06 May 2017, 10:37 am

If it's the Force going dormant, Jesus could the premise be any more similar to English magic being gone for centuries at the opening of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell? Until a couple of people, who ate eventually split along dark/ancient and light/modern lines appear and kickstart it? And it eventually jumps off the tracks to become something more democratic and open to all sectors of society (and class/race/gender) instead of an elite and chosen few.

Also I really hope any supposition about Rey giving a new hope to Luke is proven to be more like her relationship with Han where her role is simply a catalyst for sh*t he's been avoiding and needs to figure out. I think a big part of my distaste for Reywalker is that it boils down to women doing emotional labor for men. They made Leia do that in the OT, don't force that on Rey.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sat 06 May 2017, 11:05 am

I wonder what makes the Force go dormant. Tragedy, things tilting too far one way, etc?
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sat 06 May 2017, 11:08 am

My only problem with the Force being "dormant" before the awakening in TFA is, how come Kylo was using it then?
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonjump05 on Sat 06 May 2017, 11:13 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:My only problem with the Force being "dormant" before the awakening in TFA is, how come Kylo was using it then?
@Darth Dingbat

Presumably so was Luke and Leia...

Actually, that is kinda interesting. The Skywalker clan may not have been affected as much as the rest of the galaxy (Chosen One blood?) And until Rey awakened, the Force didn't manifest in others. Another nail in the Reywalker coffin?

Moonjump05
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Sat 06 May 2017, 11:24 am

I thought that somewhere it had been stated that the Force was not dormant. The Force Awakens (in Rey) is what was implied?
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sat 06 May 2017, 11:28 am

@Moonjump05 wrote:
@Darth Dingbat wrote:My only problem with the Force being "dormant" before the awakening in TFA is, how come Kylo was using it then?
@Darth Dingbat

Presumably so was Luke and Leia...

Actually, that is kinda interesting.  The Skywalker clan may not have been affected as much as the rest of the galaxy (Chosen One blood?)  And until Rey awakened, the Force didn't manifest in others.  Another nail in the Reywalker coffin?

@Moonjump05

My take would that these three could pretty much use the Force if they wanted to. The user probably didn't really lose control of their power especially if they used it constantly (Kylo, Luke), but the connection to the universe via the Force must've weakend somehow. 

I think of Yoda's "It surrounds us, binds us" line. May the balance had been disturbed and titled one way too much that the Force needed a break and cut itself off from everyone. It's like they can use to Force but they can't really connect with it (am I making sense? lol) It's like a video game, you can play on your own, but can't connect to LAN or the server. 

Rey probably is the Force's way of introducing a new dynamic to this obsolete Dark and Light fiasco. 

As for Baze, I didn't know he had Force powers, but the connection thing might apply too. Luke and Kylo don't have much of a problem maybe since they're born of the Force incarnate.
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 06 May 2017, 12:33 pm

The Force has to be dormant on some level or at least the people who wield it are few and far between given how Rey's reaction to the mentions of Luke's name and the Jedi. She's heard the stories but in her experience, these are myths and stories/fairytales. Not real at all. And it's very much dormant in her, waiting like the Falcon on Jakku until the moment it's triggered by events that need to be made right.

The essay @Darth Dingbat linked earlier this week mentions the parallel with Tolkien and the Force as something like a wild, natural force of nature that's grown out of control without tending thanks to the withdrawal of Force users. Or that might be one of the theories floated on here, that in its current wild state, it's possibly driven mad the remaining people (Luke and Ben) who've stared into the eye of the Storm. Which was one of Lawrence Kasdan's ideas for Luke's end at the OT, having to withdraw from society and go off into the wilderness because what he's seen/experienced has fundamentally changed him. The book/miniseries I keep thinking of has a similar story, with it being Magic in its variations (Dark/Ancient v Light/Modern) and a mystical character whose withdrawal on a quest has taken the power with him. And the beginning of the story is about it literally reawakening and becoming a more democratic form. I can't find the URL for the Tolkien essay, but thought this was a pretty good analysis of those type of general themes across fantasy's best known works. Not just Tolkien, but others like Star Wars, Watership Down, Harry Potter and my favorite, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. It's always some kind of stand-in for spirituality/metaphysics, be it the Force, Magic, or Love.

These characters loom mythically large, but they are political, not religious, heroes - incarnations of what a country or a people should be, not a soul. They are Robin Hood, or perhaps George Washington (don't tell me he hasn't become a bit mythical), rather than Jesus.

Much of fantasy uses this sort of spiritual paradigm to describe the world of magic, the idea that our devices and desires are merely the mask of a transcendent metaphysical battleground. Just peel away the scales from our eyes and we'll see that the spiritual and sacred have never really been separate.

*If* the writers continue to follow with these themes, then best guess is that Snoke is some kind of creature who wants to bend/control the Force to his will. Including taking out Luke's other students, capturing/controlling Ben, and attempting to prevent Luke's return. And Rey is going to be firmly in his cross hairs, as a "new enemy" (for all the "it copies the first movie" complaints, I don't understand how nobody points out how much that scene is from ESB & what that means) who is unaffiliated with either side but clearly wielding a considerable amount of power.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bossbaby on Sat 06 May 2017, 12:33 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:I have heard a lot about the force being dormant, and Baze losing his force powers. I wonder what it all means.
@spacebaby45678

I guess it could mean that the Force wasn't awakening in new users until Rey, but people who had already accessed it (Kylo, Luke, Leia, Snoke) could still use their powers.
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum