The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by Kylo Men on Sun 30 Jul - 0:11

I would prefer Rey Solo to Rey Skywalker. But it's way less likely. They're not going to have Rey spend so much of the first movie with Han, kill him off, and then say, Oh yeah, by the way, that was your dad. And from the real life perspective, they couldn't be sure that Ford would show up.

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sun 30 Jul - 2:50

@Sacrebleu wrote:
Sometimes a ring is just a ring?
@Sacrebleu

True that. Sometimes the curtains are just blue. 

As for the Han Leia convo without ever mentioning their baby Rey, Soloists argue that Han and Leia think their daughter is already dead, and the experience is too traumatic for them to even think about. That's why they only talk about Ben, who is still alive.

Because you know..it's too damn hard for the scriptwriters to squeeze in a line like "We already lost out daughter, we can't lose Ben too."

A line that I think someone out there said was too heavy of emotion for Carrie to act out.
Rei of Sunshine
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sun 30 Jul - 3:29

To be fair about the ring, didn't the recent TLJ poster of Leia also have it showcased pretty heavily? It does seem to hold some significance. And if it doesn't, then the focus on it is strange.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 30 Jul - 3:34

@ZioRen wrote:To be fair about the ring, didn't the recent TLJ poster of Leia also have it showcased pretty heavily? It does seem to hold some significance. And if it doesn't, then the focus on it is strange.
@ZioRen

If they are trying to showcase Leia as a woman who has lost nearly everything, the focus on the ring is an interesting touch, provided it represents Han and Ben. There's really no other meaning I can think of behind it, and likely we probably won't get any official answers...

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Sun 30 Jul - 5:20

@ZioRen wrote:To be fair about the ring, didn't the recent TLJ poster of Leia also have it showcased pretty heavily? It does seem to hold some significance. And if it doesn't, then the focus on it is strange.
@ZioRen

Yes, the ring is rather front and center on Leia's poster. I agree it seems to have some personal significance to Leia which will be mentioned, perhaps by her at some point in the story. I don't think it means the stones represent two children though. It could represent Ben and Han or even Luke and Leia. Or it might mean something completely different too.

I wonder what the stones are made of? Did someone give her those stones? Could they be kyber crystals? Probably not since crystals have a different color and glow?
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sun 30 Jul - 5:49

@ZioRen

I don't necessarily think though that the poster means to showcase the ring. It could just be an artistic decision to have Leia hold up her hand, to add more detail and interest to the image. Rather than having a plain shot of her upper half.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 30 Jul - 6:25

I'm wondering if Leia's ring is now being highlighted with merchandising intent rather than only story....many of the characters are wearing jewelry accessories in TLJ- Leia's ring, Luke's rumored red pedant, Poe's ring on a chain, Snoke's rumored pop ring and DJ's dark ring so far.

They had success creating two jewelry lines based off Jyn's kyber pendant- an expensive one with gold, diamond accents and a natural crystal, and a less expensive one as well. Similarly, I think we might see a TLJ themed jewelry line too.

http://www.starwars.com/news/every-kyber-begins-with-kay

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sun 30 Jul - 7:58

@panki wrote:I'm wondering if Leia's ring is now being highlighted with merchandising intent rather than only story....many of the characters are wearing jewelry accessories in TLJ- Leia's ring, Luke's rumored red pedant, Poe's ring on a chain, Snoke's rumored pop ring and DJ's dark ring so far.

They had success creating two jewelry lines based off Jyn's kyber pendant- an expensive one with gold, diamond accents and a natural crystal, and a less expensive one as well. Similarly, I think we might see a TLJ themed jewelry line too.

@panki

[size=46]I need a Reylo jewelry... A ring or a necklace. GDI if everyone else gets bling then there's gotta be one for Reylo!
[/size]
Rei of Sunshine
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 30 Jul - 8:00

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@panki wrote:I'm wondering if Leia's ring is now being highlighted with merchandising intent rather than only story....many of the characters are wearing jewelry accessories in TLJ- Leia's ring, Luke's rumored red pedant, Poe's ring on a chain, Snoke's rumored pop ring and DJ's dark ring so far.

@panki

[size=46]I need a Reylo jewelry... A ring or a necklace. GDI if everyone else gets bling then there's gotta be one for Reylo!
[/size]
@Rei of Sunshine

I'm sure there will be some Rey/Kylo/Reylo bling too...but they're probably saving it for a reveal closer to the movie release. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Sun 30 Jul - 8:06

@panki wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@panki

[size=70]I need a Reylo jewelry... A ring or a necklace. GDI if everyone else gets bling then there's gotta be one for Reylo!
[/size]
@Rei of Sunshine

I'm sure there will be some Rey/Kylo/Reylo bling too...but they're probably saving it for a reveal closer to the movie release. Smile
@panki

Or even after release to keep away spoilers.. Much like the Jedi!Rey dolls. 

But seriously speculating, if there is a plot significant piece of jewelry for Reylo (think Aragorn and Arwen's pendant) what would it be?

A ring? A pendant? A bracelet? Or is Rey too contemporary of a woman to even consider jewelry? lol.
Rei of Sunshine
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 30 Jul - 9:19

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@panki

[size=70]I need a Reylo jewelry... A ring or a necklace. GDI if everyone else gets bling then there's gotta be one for Reylo!
[/size]
@Rei of Sunshine

@panki

Or even after release to keep away spoilers.. Much like the Jedi!Rey dolls. 

But seriously speculating, if there is a plot significant piece of jewelry for Reylo (think Aragorn and Arwen's pendant) what would it be?

A ring? A pendant? A bracelet? Or is Rey too contemporary of a woman to even consider jewelry? lol.
@Rei of Sunshine

I think an ideal reylo jewelry piece might be something Kylo improvises for her with wirework, maybe a simple bracelet. Wirework would be fitting since she is good at tinkering with machinery and it would also be a nod to Anakin making Padme a pendant, without being an exact copy of the same thing.

Speaking of contemporary, I would love to see Rose sport this type of geek girl hairclip since she is a mechanic...it has all these amazing gadgets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus on Sun 30 Jul - 13:31

The picture of Luke posing with his serpent-head staff brought to mind Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog by Caspar David Friedrich

Then I remembered the last scene of TFA and thought of Friedrich's Monk by the Sea:

Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 31 Jul - 4:09

For the PBS viewers here in the States, they'll be running a 2 hour documentary on Ireland's West Coast this week, including Skellig Michael

Ireland's Wild Coast" premieres August 2, 2017 at 8/7c

Follow a unique, personal journey along one of the most spectacular coastlines in the world featuring the wildlife and wild places that make it so special. Emmy Award-winning wildlife cameraman Colin Stafford-Johnson takes viewers on an authored odyssey along Ireland’s rugged Atlantic coast – the place he chooses to make his home after 30 years spent shooting some of the world’s most celebrated wildlife films.

Hanging like an emerald jewel off the western edge of Europe, Ireland has always been a place apart – the last scrap of rock before the void of the Atlantic Ocean. Never conquered by the Romans, Ireland was for millennia the very edge of the known world for Europeans and the last stop for countless animals before they disappeared into the mists of the western ocean on their ceaseless journeys of life.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 31 Jul - 7:28

Okay, for anyone who hasn't seen it...

Check out the 'alternative' trailer on this great blog;
http://thedarkside-and-thelight.tumblr.com/

It's incredible!
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie Ren on Mon 31 Jul - 8:44

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Okay, for anyone who hasn't seen it...

It's incredible!
@motherofpearl1

That trailer is well-done and amazing, indeed!
Really hope we'll get to see something like that in TLJ
Marie Ren
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Mon 31 Jul - 11:26

@Marie Ren wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:Okay, for anyone who hasn't seen it...

It's incredible!
@motherofpearl1

That trailer is well-done and amazing, indeed!
Really hope we'll get to see something like that in TLJ
@Marie Ren

I really would like to see Rey trained by Kylo. I have a strong feeling he's going to tell her they can beat Snoke if they team up.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Wed 2 Aug - 3:01

I wasn't sure where to post this, but for the past day or so, I've been thinking a lot about Kylo's lightsaber and Luke's apparent lack of one.

I don't have the source, but there is a rumor that Luke wears a shard of Kyber crystal around his neck. What if Kylo is actually using the crystal from Luke's lightsaber for his own, and the reason it's cracked/unstable is due to the missing piece, which Luke still has?

I've done some reading on Kylo's lightsaber before for fan fiction purposes and while an emphasis is usually made on its instability due to the damaged crystal, nothing is said about where he got it.

Now that it seems Luke will not be wielding a lightsaber in TLJ, at least from what we know so far, I'm thinking the reason for that could be staring us in the face: it's currently being used to power Kylo's crossguard saber.

I have also begun to think that the crystal will ultimately be healed, and it'll be symbolic of the healing of the Skywalker family.

Thoughts? Smile
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 2 Aug - 3:21

@WhatGirl wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this, but for the past day or so, I've been thinking a lot about Kylo's lightsaber and Luke's apparent lack of one.

I don't have the source, but there is a rumor that Luke wears a shard of Kyber crystal around his neck. What if Kylo is actually using the crystal from Luke's lightsaber for his own, and the reason it's cracked/unstable is due to the missing piece, which Luke still has?

I've done some reading on Kylo's lightsaber before for fan fiction purposes and while an emphasis is usually made on its instability due to the damaged crystal, nothing is said about where he got it.

Now that it seems Luke will not be wielding a lightsaber in TLJ, at least from what we know so far, I'm thinking the reason for that could be staring us in the face: it's currently being used to power Kylo's crossguard saber.

I have also begun to think that the crystal will ultimately be healed, and it'll be symbolic of the healing of the Skywalker family.

Thoughts? Smile
@WhatGirl

I think it would be interesting. In that case, what could have happened to his own Kyber crystal? (assuming he had a lightsaber before becoming Kylo Ren...)
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatGirl on Wed 2 Aug - 3:25

@Moonlight13 wrote:I think it would be interesting. In that case, what could have happened to his own Kyber crystal? (assuming he had a lightsaber before becoming Kylo Ren...)
@Moonlight13

Maybe he had been using Anakin's before it got lost/stolen? He said that it belonged to him, so maybe he owned it previously.

If only I had the nerve to ask Pablo or Matt about these things. Laugh
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 2 Aug - 3:37

@WhatGirl wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:I think it would be interesting. In that case, what could have happened to his own Kyber crystal? (assuming he had a lightsaber before becoming Kylo Ren...)
@Moonlight13

Maybe he had been using Anakin's before it got lost/stolen? He said that it belonged to him, so maybe he owned it previously.

@WhatGirl

It makes sense. Very Happy It would have a deeper meaning now that it's Rey's lightsaber. It's like she's "taking his place".
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 2 Aug - 3:39

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:
@Moonlight13

@WhatGirl

It makes sense. Very Happy It would have a deeper meaning now that it's Rey's lightsaber. It's like she's "taking his place".
@Moonlight13

And Rey "taking his place" becomes more poignant if the rumor that "Ben fell in Rey's place" turns out to be true.

As far as the lightsaber/crystal goes, it would sure make a lot of sense if it was the case that Kylo had Luke's crystal...and that it ultimately undergoes a symbolic healing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Wed 2 Aug - 3:45

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:
@Moonlight13

@WhatGirl

@Moonlight13

And Rey "taking his place" becomes more poignant if the rumor that "Ben fell in Rey's place" turns out to be true.

As far as the lightsaber/crystal goes, it would sure make a lot of sense if it was the case that Kylo had Luke's crystal...and that it ultimately undergoes a symbolic healing.
@ISeeAnIsland

And it would be very symbolic if she gives it back to Ben after he comes back to the Light. Smile
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Wed 2 Aug - 4:51

Some people speculate that Kylo's kyber crystal might be the crystal from Vader's old red lightsaner, hence it being cracked, but the theory that it comes from Luke's lightsaber is very interesting...how do lightsaber colors work with kyber crystals in the new canon, since Luke's lightsaber was green and Kylo's is red. Can they change colors? If Luke still has a shard, would that mean the crystal was broken and Luke's lightsaber destroyed while it was with Luke?

Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Wed 2 Aug - 11:39

@Kessel Kyber crystals turn red because they are "bleeding" and they have been stolen from their true owner. So of course, if the kyber crystal really is Luke's, that means Kylo destroyed his lightsaber in order to get it... and if he was not careful, that could explain why it's cracked.
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 2 Aug - 11:59

@WhatGirl wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this, but for the past day or so, I've been thinking a lot about Kylo's lightsaber and Luke's apparent lack of one.

Thoughts? Smile
@WhatGirl

That is one cool theory  Thumbs up . If we don't get something cool about cystals in TLJ, I'll be a bit disappointed because they show up everywhere even in non Force / Jedi stories like the Inferno Squad book - not in a crucial way but still nice. Sometimes I feel like Lucasfilm is holding a sign "Crystals!" in our faces. Well fans' faces because in terms of general marketing for the GA, crystals are not very present. Yes, they are in the lightsabers, but you know what I mean. Up until 1.5 years ago, I was a GA person and crystal stuff was flying way above my head. I didn't even know the Death Star was powered with crystals.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum