The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 16 Sep - 9:43

Although there is zero chance of getting a Luke this creepy....this is one hell of an image! affraid
http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/lukeky.jpg
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 16 Sep - 10:00

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Although there is zero chance of getting a Luke this creepy....this is one hell of an image! affraid
http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/lukeky.jpg
@motherofpearl1

LOL! Though I seem to remember MSW saying that Luke would get a black outfit ... I just don't imagine it being quite so Mad Max. Very Happy Great image though!
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Sat 16 Sep - 12:33

Not sure where to put that and it probably was mentioned already, but Amazon is starting to sell one-character posters for TLJ. Official ones. They keep tagging them as Episode 8. And then they have this one. Since it's been included without big promotion and is called "Red montage", I suppose it will not be the one they use in mainstream promotion. Just noticed now that Luke and Leia are not in, but Chewie is.

SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Sat 16 Sep - 13:21

@SanghaRen wrote:Not sure where to put that and it probably was mentioned already, but Amazon is starting to sell one-character posters for TLJ. Official ones. They keep tagging them as Episode 8. And then they have this one. Since it's been included without big promotion and is called "Red montage", I suppose it will not be the one they use in mainstream promotion. Just noticed now that Luke and Leia are not in, but Chewie is.

@SanghaRen

Well well well.... look who's lightsabers look like they could be joined....
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Sun 17 Sep - 6:02

@Krafty wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:Not sure where to put that and it probably was mentioned already, but Amazon is starting to sell one-character posters for TLJ. Official ones. They keep tagging them as Episode 8. And then they have this one. Since it's been included without big promotion and is called "Red montage", I suppose it will not be the one they use in mainstream promotion. Just noticed now that Luke and Leia are not in, but Chewie is.

@SanghaRen

@Krafty

Yeah, I noticed that, too, that they're in alignment.  Also, Kylo's back is decidedly turned away from Snoke and his guards.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Sun 17 Sep - 8:30

@Casper wrote:
@Krafty wrote:

@SanghaRen

@Krafty

Yeah, I noticed that, too, that they're in alignment.  Also, Kylo's back is decidedly turned away from Snoke and his guards.
@Casper

Aaaand I'm not sure which one is prettier.  Definitely going Full Dark and getting more and more evil there.  Smile
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Sun 17 Sep - 21:53

@Lily Snape wrote:
@Casper wrote:
@Krafty wrote:

@SanghaRen

@Krafty

@Casper

Aaaand I'm not sure which one is prettier.  Definitely going Full Dark and getting more and more evil there.  Smile
@Lily Snape

For some reason, I have the impression Kylo's scar is more prominent at the beginning of the film and gets less and less visible as the movie progresses...almost like it's 'healed' somehow.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sun 17 Sep - 22:22

@Casper wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:
@Casper wrote:
@Krafty wrote:

@SanghaRen

@Krafty

@Casper

@Lily Snape

For some reason, I have the impression Kylo's scar is more prominent at the beginning of the film and gets less and less visible as the movie progresses...almost like it's 'healed' somehow.
@Casper

I get that impression, as well. In some of the BTS and other still shots, the scar appears to be more prominent in some shots than others. Outside of continuity issues, the most logical explanation would be that the scar fades over time during the movie.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 17 Sep - 22:29

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Casper wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:
@Casper wrote:
@Krafty wrote:

@SanghaRen

@Krafty

@Casper

@Lily Snape

@Casper

I get that impression, as well. In some of the BTS and other still shots, the scar appears to be more prominent in some shots than others. Outside of continuity issues, the most logical explanation would be that the scar fades over time during the movie.
@ISeeAnIsland

It also strengthens the evidence for a significant time jump, even maybe spanning a few years, in the movie...
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sun 17 Sep - 23:12

Interesting how their positioning is symmetrical with one another, but also with the "opposing" sign. Not that you can read a piece of tie-in art for secret clues about the plotline, especially because a contracted artist wouldn't be told that sort of thing. But still interesting the choices they're making in the tie-in art with how their positions on posters always mirror (balance?) one another.

Also can't remember which thread the topic came up, but about the tie-in novels being embargoed until March? Is there a specific date? Maybe they're holding them back until the first DVD release date? Which does seem weird, usually tie-in novels come out right after the movie's release date. Or in the case of the OT, the novels usually came out the week before. It's definitely weird. Because LF/Disney are obviously working their a**es off to build a complementary publishing line to the films/fictional universe with all of the releases leading up to the film coming out. But all of those materials are built on the central story in the film, so the novelization should occupy the position of being the core part of the publishing suite. So there may have been a decision they've made about the story/characters which is going to set off some fans. Because it's not the thing they expect or feel entitled to get out of the ST. Or it may simply be actual logistics and it worked out that way. Still, the timing is curious and would love to know the reasoning behind it.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Sun 17 Sep - 23:39

@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Casper wrote:
@Lily Snape wrote:
@Casper wrote:
@Krafty wrote:

@SanghaRen

@Krafty

@Casper

@Lily Snape

@Casper

@ISeeAnIsland

It also strengthens the evidence for a significant time jump, even maybe spanning a few years, in the movie...
@IoJovi

I was thinking the 'healing' was courtesy of a certain young Jedi in training (I'm talking Rey here, not Finn), but a time-jump at some point is in the middle of the movie is an interesting possibility.  In which case, I have only two questions:

1) Exactly how long does Rey spend with Kylo in a damp cave on Ahch-to?

and

2) Where have they stashed the babies?  Not another kid dropped off on some God-forsaken planet with only a curmudgeonly alien as a parental figure.  scratch

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Mon 18 Sep - 0:08

My heart just melted

EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 18 Sep - 0:51

@EchoBase wrote:My heart just melted

@EchoBase

LOL!!! Is Rian seriously trying to fight Kylo with an umbrella?
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair on Mon 18 Sep - 3:06

@snufkin wrote:Interesting how their positioning is symmetrical with one another, but also with the "opposing" sign. Not that you can read a piece of tie-in art for secret clues about the plotline, especially because a contracted artist wouldn't be told that sort of thing. But still interesting the choices they're making in the tie-in art with how their positions on posters always mirror (balance?) one another.

Also can't remember which thread the topic came up, but about the tie-in novels being embargoed until March? Is there a specific date? Maybe they're holding them back until the first DVD release date? Which does seem weird, usually tie-in novels come out right after the movie's release date. Or in the case of the OT, the novels usually came out the week before. It's definitely weird. Because LF/Disney are obviously working their a**es off to build a complementary publishing line to the films/fictional universe with all of the releases leading up to the film coming out. But all of those materials are built on the central story in the film, so the novelization should occupy the position of being the core part of the publishing suite. So there may have been a decision they've made about the story/characters which is going to set off some fans. Because it's not the thing they expect or feel entitled to get out of the ST. Or it may simply be actual logistics and it worked out that way. Still, the timing is curious and would love to know the reasoning behind it.
@snufkin

Someone asked Pablo and he said it was to avoid leaks.
adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 18 Sep - 4:04

@adamdrivershair - interesting! But that's still not releasing anything until the entire theatrical run ended. Like are they not giving the intel to the writers until December 15th?
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 18 Sep - 4:07

@snufkin wrote:@adamdrivershair - interesting! But that's still not releasing anything until the entire theatrical run ended. Like are they not giving the intel to the writers until December 15th?
@snufkin

Jason Fry is working on the novelisation right now. He talks about it on his Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/jasoncfry/status/909130791522832385

https://twitter.com/jasoncfry/status/909497101788352513

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair on Mon 18 Sep - 4:13

@snufkin wrote:@adamdrivershair - interesting! But that's still not releasing anything until the entire theatrical run ended. Like are they not giving the intel to the writers until December 15th?
@snufkin

I'm guessing they're not worried about the writers; just us unprincipled everyday folk who could get their hands on a copy before the sell date Very Happy
adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 18 Sep - 4:38

@adamdrivershair wrote:
@snufkin

I'm guessing they're not worried about the writers; just us unprincipled everyday folk who could get their hands on a copy before the sell date :D
@adamdrivershair

A 3 month delay after the release, though? Like that seems pretty extreme just to keep somebody getting it a week or so early by accident and then blabbing to Reddit. Unless @RandomObserver is on to something that there's going to be a character or plot point in the story so crazy/hush hush that they don't want to risk leaks or fans doubling down on whatever freaks them out. Or they're being paranoid because of the HBO hack.

It's too bad waiting 3 months because Kogge's version of the TFA novel was better than the adult one and its dreadful ADF prose.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Mon 18 Sep - 6:46

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@snufkin

Jason Fry is working on the novelisation right now. He talks about it on his Twitter account.

@Mrs Ben Solo

Now I want to know what were the amusing odd things Fry Googled during his novelization process! scratch Wink
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 18 Sep - 8:28

@snufkin wrote:
@adamdrivershair wrote:
@snufkin

I'm guessing they're not worried about the writers; just us unprincipled everyday folk who could get their hands on a copy before the sell date Very Happy
@adamdrivershair

A 3 month delay after the release, though? Like that seems pretty extreme just to keep somebody getting it a week or so early by accident and then blabbing to Reddit. Unless @RandomObserver is on to something that there's going to be a character or plot point in the story so crazy/hush hush that they don't want to risk leaks or fans doubling down on whatever freaks them out. Or they're being paranoid because of the HBO hack.

It's too bad waiting 3 months because Kogge's version of the TFA novel was better than the adult one and its dreadful ADF prose.
@snufkin

But don't forget that traditional publishing is so slow and every step of the publishing and bookselling business is a potential leak. If the book were to come out at the end of December or early January, for example, it would have been at the printers and distributors long before that. Every step of the way the number of potential leakers increases.

There's definitely something they're keeping hush-hush about, that's for sure! That's some next-level paranoia, right there.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 18 Sep - 9:23

@Darth Dingbat - wonder if any spoilers got out that way last time. It's understandable, but it's still a little odd the entire onslaught of publishing tie-in materials for all different age groups and topics, but yet the actual novelizations aren't coming out until the DVD does. Or the amount of toys and merch they're already pushing with costumes, settings, et cetera for the movie.

Maybe it's just that they had to delay it to prevent leaks in general, but this is still me in response to it.

Does this mean Leia sent her kid off to her brother, not knowing the brother went crazy and is sort of responsible for all the bad sh*t that happened? Are they worried about a certain group of vocal fans freaking out because all of their "Rey is Luke's daughter" magical thinking gets blown to Hell by plot points and dialogue? Is it a shocking twist (obvs not to this crowd) if the heroine and villain do the Star Wars equivalent of "let's get coffee" and end up having a completely normal conversation instead of trying to kill each other? And that maybe she starts to agree with him a little that his uncle is kind of d*ck and feels even more sorry for his mom being the one actual heroic person in that family who's always stuck with the responsibility of getting sh*t done? We're going to have to wait another 6 months to read about it, which kind of sucks!
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Mon 18 Sep - 9:25

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@snufkin

@Mrs Ben Solo

I'm glad Jason Fry is writing the novel.... he sometimes discusses the writing process and characters after a book is released....I'm really hoping he'll do the same for TLJ.

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren on Mon 18 Sep - 9:44

@EchoBase

These are awesome! Smile  Where are they from?  Do you have a link to the video? Smile
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Mon 18 Sep - 10:09

@Kyla Ren wrote:

@EchoBase

These are awesome! Smile  Where are they from?  Do you have a link to the video? Smile
@Kyla Ren

No, unfortunately not. I saw them on twitter. Here's the link https://twitter.com/kylosjedi/status/907864135018455040
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Mon 18 Sep - 20:15

Okay, Rian reminds me of Rey in that pose, like he's hanging over the ledge and he looks like he's swooning...

Just kidding!
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum