The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Last Jedi: General Discussion

Post by EchoBase on Tue 19 Sep - 22:54

@IoJovi wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:Has this been posted yet? Official World Premier of TLJ is on Dec 8th?!
How am I supposed to go an entire week without getting spoilers. How.

https://heroichollywood.com/world-premiere-date-star-wars-last-jedi/
@Xylo Ren

Well, according to a German site the press embargo ends on November 23rd. I think I will go into exile or something. Maybe Ireland. Haha.
@EchoBase

OH HELL NO.  JUST NO.

It's one thing to try to piece together spoilers from reliable or unreliable sources.  That's part of the fun.  Part of me is grateful that LF has such a tight lid on everything they do.  I have the willpower of a gnat when it comes to not clicking and opening something up, knowing exactly what the contents inside entail.  

Yeah, I'm probably going to temporarily disconnect my Internet that week.  At least @WillowMeena will be coming in on that Friday December 8th to keep me distracted...
@IoJovi

I know what you mean. I was spoiled before TFA, though I was pleasantly suprised afterwards, I was so pissed knowing Luke would only have a cameo and the heroine would be kidnapped and interrogated by the villain (yes, somehow THAT annoyed me). The whole anticipation was ruined.

So, this means avoiding Twitter, Facebook and all Star Wars sites. Maybe we could have a spoiler-free, self-help thread? Very Happy.

Last edited by EchoBase on Tue 19 Sep - 22:59; edited 1 time in total
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Tue 19 Sep - 22:57

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:Has this been posted yet? Official World Premier of TLJ is on Dec 8th?!

@Xylo Ren

Well, according to a German site the press embargo ends on November 23rd. I think I will go into exile or something. Maybe Ireland. Haha.
@EchoBase

OH HELL NO.  JUST NO.

It's one thing to try to piece together spoilers from reliable or unreliable sources.  That's part of the fun.  Part of me is grateful that LF has such a tight lid on everything they do.  I have the willpower of a gnat when it comes to not clicking and opening something up, knowing exactly what the contents inside entail.  

Yeah, I'm probably going to temporarily disconnect my Internet that week.  At least @WillowMeena will be coming in on that Friday December 8th to keep me distracted...
@IoJovi

Same here. Euh
@Moonlight13

Count me in as well. I guess I'll be posting my predictions at the end of November. I want to be somewhat surprised still lol. It's going to be tough, but we'll all have to hope that things go our way until we see each other again, on the other side. Wink
Tex
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Tue 19 Sep - 22:57

I'll probably blacklist the TLJ spoilers tag on Tumblr, but if that doesn't work, I might go on a total Tumblr blackout. I really, really, REALLY don't want to get spoiled with non-crack stuff. I'll still hang around here, and I have a list of questions I'll ask before going in, but other than that, I don't want to be spoiled. I already got told Leia was in R1 before seeing it, and boy did I regret it. Not to mention my little sister spoiling me about Han dying... Laughing

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 19 Sep - 22:59

@EchoBase wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@EchoBase

OH HELL NO.  JUST NO.

@IoJovi

I know what you mean. I was spoiled before TFA, though I was pleasantly suprised afterwards, I was so pissed knowing Luke would only have a cameo and the heroine would be kidnapped and interrogated by the villain (yes, somehow THAT annoyed me). The whole anticipation was ruined.

So, this will means avoiding Twitter, Facebook and all Star Wars sites. Maybe we could have a spoiler-free, self-help thread? Very Happy.
@EchoBase

I like your idea. Very Happy
Moonlight13
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Tue 19 Sep - 23:01

Me the entire month of December:

@Xylo Ren
For TFA it was Dec 14th. So it will be similar. I'm not expecting any big spoilers.

@EchoBase
Embargo ends before movie's premiere? That is strange for me. If that would be the case why it has emnbargo now? Nobody will see it before the world premiere. It looks like it is a mistake. Probably it should be Dec 23rd.

Last edited by Geralt_Riv on Wed 20 Sep - 18:12; edited 1 time in total
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Tue 19 Sep - 23:09

Count me in the no-spoiler zone and I am like the most spoiler loving person of them all. I often even spoil books for myself because I am so impatient. But it feels almost like a crime to have TLJ clumsy spoiled if we have come so far.
SkyStar

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 19 Sep - 23:19

@Geralt_Riv wrote:

@Xylo Ren
For TFA it was Dec 14th. So it will be similar. I'm not expecting any big spoilers.

@EchoBase
Embargo ends before movie's premiere? That strange for me. If that would be the case why it has emnbargo now? Nobody will see it before the world premiere. It looks like it is a mistake. Probably it should be Dec 23rd.
@Geralt_Riv

Given the lengths they've gone to in effort to keep things under lock and key, I find this really odd. Heck, even the novelization is being delayed until March to keep everything so hush hush. If this is really true, major plot points are going to be all over the Internet before it hits the theaters. Something might amiss here...

IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 19 Sep - 23:19

@Geralt_Riv wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@EchoBase
Embargo ends before movie's premiere? That strange for me. If that would be the case why it has emnbargo now? Nobody will see it before the world premiere. It looks like it is a mistake. Probably it should be Dec 23rd.
@Geralt_Riv

I'm looking for the link but I can't find it. Mark Hamill was interviewed in Berlin last week and the guy from this newspaper said they couldn't publish the article before November 23rd due to the press embargo. But of course it could be a mistake or misunderstanding. The press embargos for TFA and R1 ended after the premieres, you're right otherwise it would make no sense.
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress on Tue 19 Sep - 23:21

I went into TFA without any clue - I knew nothing. Not that Kylo Ren is Han & Leias son or that he will end up killing Han... not because I wanted to be spoiler free, but because I got so pissed after I discovered Disney wiped out the whole EU that I withdraw from the franchise completely.

I have to say, it's much more fun and exciting discussing theories even if I end up knowing a few things before the movie is released.
Anticipation is the most beautiful delight. And all this little spoilers and leaks (for me) are part of it.
Night Huntress
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn on Tue 19 Sep - 23:26

I agree with you guys on the spoiler front - I'm already planning on shutting myself away with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 when it comes out on 1 December - that should keep me busy until the 15th Very Happy
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 19 Sep - 23:26

EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Geralt_Riv on Tue 19 Sep - 23:31

@EchoBase
It looks like it is different embargo. Otherwise it makes no sense.

PS: Sorry for the bold font in my previous post. I don't know how it happened. My internet is very slow now and I can't even edit my post.
Geralt_Riv
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 19 Sep - 23:35

@Geralt_Riv wrote:@EchoBase
It looks like it is different embargo. Otherwise it makes no sense.

PS: Sorry for the bold font in my previous post. I don't know how it happened. My internet is very slow now and I can't even edit my post.
@Geralt_Riv

Guess that could be the case and no worries, sometimes bold letters are better for my tired eyes Wink.
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 20 Sep - 0:05

Huh, wonder if it's going to be premiering again at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood? Where's @MelBee, she's the closest member of this forum to that theater, we need a spy on the ground!
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Wed 20 Sep - 0:32

Thanks for the warning, will definitely avoid all sorts of social media, radio, restaurants, shopping mall and supermarkets for a week.
Time to become a prepper! Cool
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Wed 20 Sep - 3:10

It's going to be very, very difficult, but I'm also going to control myself and avoid all spoilers once the floodgates open (like I did for TFA). I guess a bunch of us will be avoiding this site for the week leading up to TLJ Sad

I plan to see the movie on 12/15 so hopefully the online spoilers won't be temptations for very long....
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Wed 20 Sep - 4:16

Knowing myself, I'll be like, om nom nom nom gimme all the delicious spoilers now.

The hardest thing is going to be staying away from feverish discussions while on a beach holiday mid-December, when the idea is not to be holed up in a room glued to the internet Smile
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Wed 20 Sep - 5:55

Hey...so I know the basic definition of embargo (like regarding trade)...what does it mean in the movie world? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 20 Sep - 6:05

For me, spoilers doesn't really make a difference, because even when I knew basically almost everything key plot points about TFA, I enjoyed the heck out of it and watched it a few times. It only creates the hype and builds up the momentum, but I can understand if others do not share this view, and prefer to avoid spoilers. My sister is using google chrome app for avoiding any spoilers for her beloved movies.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Wed 20 Sep - 6:46

My guess is that we'll have a pretty good sense of what's what once we see the trailer, whenever it comes.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MelBee on Wed 20 Sep - 8:46

@snufkin wrote:Huh, wonder if it's going to be premiering again at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood? Where's @MelBee, she's the closest member of this forum to that theater, we need a spy on the ground!
@snufkin

Am I? bounce Well, I'm 15mi away  Cool If it is there...
MelBee
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 20 Sep - 9:36

Speaking of spoilers, anticipation and so:

I had a strangest dream (a sort of nightmare) the previous night.

I dreamt about the TLJ premiere. And people leaving it with the desperate and terrified look on their faces. The TLJ ended as some experimental avant-garde underground movie. And NOBODY could understand what was going on in it. It looked like Rian used some BROWN filters for the whole movie. Also there was a talk about the first 45 minutes of it which had contained only one scene: Finn and Rose sitting in a cockpit of a spaceship and constantly staring in something verry brown in front of them (not even the space huh). I was running around the halls of the theater and desperately wanted to peek inside to see if the whole SITH was true.

That's how the plotgate effected me, I guess. lol!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 22 Sep - 1:00

@MelBee wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Huh, wonder if it's going to be premiering again at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood? Where's @MelBee, she's the closest member of this forum to that theater, we need a spy on the ground!
@snufkin

Am I? bounce Well, I'm 15mi away  Cool If it is there...
@MelBee

I think you and @Lily Snape are the Southern Californians here. There's a donut shop next door, so just ask to use their bathroom and sneak on in through the back so we can get a report!

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape on Fri 22 Sep - 7:06

@snufkin wrote:
@MelBee wrote:
@snufkin

Am I? bounce  Well, I'm 15mi away  Cool If it is there...
@MelBee

I think you and @Lily Snape are the Southern Californians here. There's a donut shop next door, so just ask to use their bathroom and sneak on in through the back so we can get a report!

@snufkin

I'm down in the OC, so I'm definitely farther than 15 miles away.  Smile But yes, in SoCal.  I wonder whether either of the Knights of Rant podcasters are on here?  I believe they live in L.A.  Regardless, I'm sure we will be hearing from them.
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 22 Sep - 14:45

@Darth_Awakened wrote:Speaking of spoilers, anticipation and so:

I had a strangest dream (a sort of nightmare) the previous night.

I dreamt about the TLJ premiere. And people leaving it with the desperate and terrified look on their faces. The TLJ ended as some experimental avant-garde underground movie. And NOBODY could understand what was going on in it. It looked like Rian used some BROWN filters for the whole movie. Also there was a talk about the first 45 minutes of it which had contained only one scene: Finn and Rose sitting in a cockpit of a spaceship and constantly staring in something verry brown in front of them (not even the space huh). I was running around the halls of the theater and desperately wanted to peek inside to see if the whole SITH was true.

That's how the plotgate effected me, I guess. lol!
@Darth_Awakened

Your nightmare sounds like an actual cinema cluster during IT week where an Indian arthouse movie was shown to the crowd that purchased tickets for IT opening night. lol! lol! lol! lol!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum