The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 14 Mar - 0:14

@snufkin wrote:@spacebaby45678 - I was sad for a minute to find out after it was over, because the previous AMA I signed up for, Anthony Bourdain answered my question. Although when it comes to Ewan, I'd lose my brain and start typing gibberish because he's just so ridiculously cute and funny.

Haha, yeah I saw some down thread comments in the ignored Star Wars questions section where people were speculating that he's deliberately ignorning Obi-Wan and ST questions because he's keeping a secret. Guess we'll find out eventually if he did that because of the ST or if he's just tired of getting asked about it.
@snufkin

OMG, Anthony is my trash god, he so hot, and a great writer to boot.

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 14 Mar - 0:28

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@spacebaby45678 - I was sad for a minute to find out after it was over, because the previous AMA I signed up for, Anthony Bourdain answered my question. Although when it comes to Ewan, I'd lose my brain and start typing gibberish because he's just so ridiculously cute and funny.

Haha, yeah I saw some down thread comments in the ignored Star Wars questions section where people were speculating that he's deliberately ignorning Obi-Wan and ST questions because he's keeping a secret. Guess we'll find out eventually if he did that because of the ST or if he's just tired of getting asked about it.
@snufkin

OMG, Anthony is my trash god, he so hot, and a great writer to boot.  

@spacebaby45678

I've seen Bourdain speak twice, once solo and once with Roy Choi of Kogi Tacos fame. The team up with Choi was at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood, where R1 had its premiere. Bourdain's definitely a gives no f**ks type of personality, but I dig his approach to travel writing and the places/people he features on his show.

ETA - hahahahaha!

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 14 Mar - 10:34

The shippiest thing I have ever seen on Wookieepedia is in the entry for the Open Circle Fleet, about the open circle symbol:

The heraldic emblem consisted of a yellow circle that was formed by two separate semi-circle arcs. One arc represented Kenobi, the other, Skywalker. The image signified that while they were both two independent halves, together they formed a single entity.

http://legobiwan.tumblr.com/post/158380235455/bedlamsbard-the-shippiest-thing-i-have-ever
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Tue 14 Mar - 14:41

BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 14 Mar - 15:18

@BigDeal2187

All I am saying is this episode better be good and have an adequate payoff for all the drama leading up to the rematch on Tatooine
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 14 Mar - 20:06

Wow Colbert a hardcore Star Wars fanboy, did not ask Ewan a single Star Wars question, admittedly Ewan is pretty tied up right now with BATB & T2. I will give Colbert the benefit of the doubt and say that he is just a classy interviewer... but then again?

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 15 Mar - 0:25

@BigDeal2187

Wait, did Disney just mistake Mandalorian writing for Sith?
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Wed 15 Mar - 16:21

So what do you guys make of all these tweets by Pablo about the Rey - Kenobi connection? (Or am I beating a dead horse here?)

https://swinfoground.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/quotes-hidalgos-answers-to-questions/#obiwankenobi

Very interesting when contrasted with how he addresses other Rey parentage/lineage theories. Can't read too much into it, of course, and he says as much, but I wonder if there isn't something to be said about the tone/manner with which he handles this theory in comparison with the other ones (Solo, Skywalker, Palpatine, etc.).
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 15 Mar - 16:58

@BigDeal2187 wrote:So what do you guys make of all these tweets by Pablo about the Rey - Kenobi connection? (Or am I beating a dead horse here?)

https://swinfoground.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/quotes-hidalgos-answers-to-questions/#obiwankenobi

Very interesting when contrasted with how he addresses other Rey parentage/lineage theories.  Can't read too much into it, of course, and he says as much, but I wonder if there isn't something to be said about the tone/manner with which he handles this theory in comparison with the other ones (Solo, Skywalker, Palpatine, etc.).
@BigDeal2187

I have learned the hard way not to pay too much attention to Pabs, but this is a new tweet that I have never seen

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 15 Mar - 18:29

@spacebaby45678 - thanks for posting. I think Louis CK got it in the wrong order, yes he's a very attractive man but what's far more sexy about him is his sense of humor. And maybe they just asked if the whole Obi-Wan topic doesn't get brought up because he's there for two other movies. It certainly does seem out of character for Colbert to not ask given his being a fan. And Ewan and Carrie Fisher were both regulars on the Late Late Show when Craig Ferguson was hosting and both of them joked around a lot with Craig about Star Wars.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 15 Mar - 19:29

@BigDeal2187 wrote:So what do you guys make of all these tweets by Pablo about the Rey - Kenobi connection? (Or am I beating a dead horse here?)

Very interesting when contrasted with how he addresses other Rey parentage/lineage theories.  Can't read too much into it, of course, and he says as much, but I wonder if there isn't something to be said about the tone/manner with which he handles this theory in comparison with the other ones (Solo, Skywalker, Palpatine, etc.).
@BigDeal2187
Yeah, I take Pablo's tweets with a grain of salt. Reading into his comments to much will drive you crazy.  geek
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 17 Mar - 16:06

Ok, I hear all these speculations that RJ is just going to quit the ring comp, and TLJ is going to be A TOTAL ORIGINAL!!!! Razz Razz  Yet the opening shot is a repeat of ANH... with Obi giving Luke his Saber...

And by gosh if Rey is not a Kenobi they can stop giving her Kenobi things to do. It is not necessary, DR is great in the role, Rey is Rey and that is fine.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Sat 18 Mar - 3:59

Thought this whole twitter exchange was interesting... https://twitter.com/starwars/status/842812794865156096

Tweeter: It's like it all connects somehow.
SW: Wait... like this all takes place in the same galaxy? Where actions have consequences?
Tweeter: You might say that. I'm pretty sure they've got all this figured out. Some sort of outline, at the very least.
SW: That would require some sort of team. A group, if you will.

lol!
kroi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 18 Mar - 9:19

Well some of the people that saw the episode are talking or crying...

Germain Lussier‏@GermainLussier
And yes I talked spoilers with Filoni and that'll be up right after the episode airs. And yes the episode brought me to huge, weepy tears.

Matt Palmer‏ @mattpalmer1978
@GermainLussier Any of those tears of happiness or all just heart-wrenching?

Germain Lussier‏@GermainLussier
@mattpalmer1978 All of happiness actually.

Lucas Siegel‏@LucasSiegel
@GermainLussier God, me too. I’ve watched it three times now and cried all three times.

Geek Girl Diva‏@geekgirldiva
@GermainLussier So. Many. Tears.

Tears of happiness, huh?
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sat 18 Mar - 9:35

"Twin Suns" was soooo underwhelming for me. Neutral All this hype for over a week and... I swear next weeks finale better be extremely good in order to redeem this overhyped episode.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 18 Mar - 16:27

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:"Twin Suns" was soooo underwhelming for me. Neutral All this hype for over a week and... I swear next weeks finale better be extremely good in order to redeem this overhyped episode.
@TheBastardofMandalore

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 18 Mar - 17:49

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:"Twin Suns" was soooo underwhelming for me. Neutral All this hype for over a week and... I swear next weeks finale better be extremely good in order to redeem this overhyped episode.
@TheBastardofMandalore

@spacebaby45678

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 21 Mar - 8:39

Great article about Satine on The Mary Sue, explores her role as a major figure of TCW and also explores the #reyisakenobi, but still can't let go of the Sabine is Satine & Obi Wan's kid... STOP! She is not. Otherwise a great article.

http://www.themarysue.com/clone-wars-duchess-satine-kryze/

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Tue 21 Mar - 14:02

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Great article about Satine on The Mary Sue, explores her role as a major figure of TCW and also explores the #reyisakenobi, but still can't let go of the Sabine is Satine & Obi Wan's kid... STOP! She is not. Otherwise a great article.

@spacebaby45678

I don't think all Rey Kenobi-ists agree but I'm thinking that if Rey is a descendant of Obi-Wan it's not through Satine:

And I'm not 100% sure on the timeline but if Obi had a child pre-Tattoine then he could be old enough to be Rey's great-grandfather (even as Luke is actually old enough in-universe to be Rey's grandfather, which, of course, he's not).
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 21 Mar - 16:14

@BigDeal2187 wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:Great article about Satine on The Mary Sue, explores her role as a major figure of TCW and also explores the #reyisakenobi, but still can't let go of the Sabine is Satine & Obi Wan's kid... STOP! She is not. Otherwise a great article.

@spacebaby45678

I don't think all Rey Kenobi-ists agree but I'm thinking that if Rey is a descendant of Obi-Wan it's not through Satine:

And I'm not 100% sure on the timeline but if Obi had a child pre-Tattoine then he could be old enough to be Rey's great-grandfather (even as Luke is actually old enough in-universe to be Rey's grandfather, which, of course, he's not).
@BigDeal2187

If you don't mind my asking, did you watch the Mandalore Arc for TCW?
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Maul vs. Kenobi

Post by fuhry on Tue 21 Mar - 19:35

So... we have a bit more Kenobi in canon.

Clues to Rey being his granddaughter? I don't see any, except maybe how they have him change the way he holds his lightsaber. First, it's classic Clone Wars Kenobi, then it's similar to how he faces Vader. Then, he adopts a stance more like Rey adopts in the SKB forest. Then again, it's also a Qui-gon stance. Also Finn also holds the lightsaber the same way. So I'm not sure that means anything.

Throwing Obi-wan into Rebels might just be fan service. I'd like to think they're setting something up, but I have to admit, I'm not seeing it. The most interesting thing is that Maul asks him "Is it the chosen one".. assuming he's talking about who Obi-wan is protecting. Obi-wan says "He is".... so, at least Obi-wan seems pretty sure that Luke is in fact, the chosen one.

Rey may in fact end up playing the role of protector of Luke....
fuhry
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 21 Mar - 21:03

@BigDeal2187

As far as Pab's goes, he is being very literal to the text of TCW. Sometimes I too wonder, will they make a cartoon character Rey's grandmother? Where is the proof? Then there is this very weird correspondence between Satine & Rey in TFA.. So either it is an odd coincidence or it means something we shall have to see.

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 21 Mar - 21:15

@fuhry wrote:So... we have a bit more Kenobi in canon.

Clues to Rey being his granddaughter?  I don't see any, except maybe how they have him change the way he holds his lightsaber.  First, it's classic Clone Wars Kenobi, then it's similar to how he faces Vader.  Then, he adopts a stance more like Rey adopts in the SKB forest.  Then again, it's also a Qui-gon stance.  Also Finn also holds the lightsaber the same way.  So I'm not sure that means anything.

Throwing Obi-wan into Rebels might just be fan service.  I'd like to think they're setting something up, but I have to admit, I'm not seeing it.    The most interesting thing is that Maul asks him "Is it the chosen one".. assuming he's talking about who Obi-wan is protecting.  Obi-wan says "He is".... so, at least Obi-wan seems pretty sure that Luke is in fact, the chosen one.  

@fuhry

I am not sure what to think of the Twin Suns episode. If there was a clue there to Rey Kenobi would it be obvious? Would we know it? Or if Rey is a Kenobi will it be something we understand in retrospect.

@panki pointed the parallels between Ezra & Rey out

Then of course the Force Them plays while Obi Wan strikes Jinn/Rey's pose, which it does not for Finn but the Force theme also plays for Rey at that moment. This parallel happens in TPM also.

Obi Wan says something enigmatic things to Ezra, that struck me as noteworthy...

1. Maul has changed the course of things. By bringing Ezra to Tatooine... what could this mean? Ezra now has knowledge of Obi Wan, that he is alive and where he is located. Will he tell anyone on Mandalore next season?

All of this is speculation, and we shall have to see if it means anything at all.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Tue 21 Mar - 22:49

@spacebaby45678 wrote:

Clues to Rey being his granddaughter?  I don't see any, except maybe how they have him change the way he holds his lightsaber.  First, it's classic Clone Wars Kenobi, then it's similar to how he faces Vader.  Then, he adopts a stance more like Rey adopts in the SKB forest.  Then again, it's also a Qui-gon stance.  Also Finn also holds the lightsaber the same way.  So I'm not sure that means anything.

Throwing Obi-wan into Rebels might just be fan service.  I'd like to think they're setting something up, but I have to admit, I'm not seeing it.    The most interesting thing is that Maul asks him "Is it the chosen one".. assuming he's talking about who Obi-wan is protecting.  Obi-wan says "He is".... so, at least Obi-wan seems pretty sure that Luke is in fact, the chosen one.  

@fuhry

I am not sure what to think of the Twin Suns episode. If there was a clue there to Rey Kenobi would it be obvious? Would we know it? Or if Rey is a Kenobi will it be something we understand in retrospect.

Then of course the Force Them plays while Obi Wan strikes Jinn/Rey's pose, which it does not for Finn but the Force theme also plays for Rey at that moment. This parallel happens in TPM also.

Obi Wan says something enigmatic things to Ezra, that struck me as noteworthy...

1. Maul has changed the course of things. By bringing Ezra to Tatooine... what could this mean? Ezra now has knowledge of Obi Wan, that he is alive and where he is located. Will he tell anyone on Mandalore next season?

All of this is speculation, and we shall have to see if it means anything at all.
@spacebaby45678

I had the same exact thought this weekend. Will he tell Bo or Korkie? Maybe Bo is looking for her nephew. Korkie is most likely next in line to the throne seeing how close he was to his mother...er, I mean, "Aunt" Satine. If it slips out that he (Ezra) knows Obi-Wan maybe Bo will seek him out to try and get him to help find...his son. He might not even have to leave Tatooine. We all know from CW that blood can be used as a navigational tool via the force to find someone. If Obi-Wan is Korkie 's father that is. I know, I know my head canon has run wild again. geek
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 21 Mar - 23:16

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@fuhry

@spacebaby45678

I had the same exact thought this weekend. Will he tell Bo or Korkie? Maybe Bo is looking for her nephew. Korkie is most likely next in line to the throne seeing how close he was to his mother...er, I mean, "Aunt" Satine. If it slips out that he (Ezra) knows Obi-Wan maybe Bo will seek him out to try and get him to help find...his son. He might not even have to leave Tatooine. We all know from CW that blood can be used as a navigational tool via the force to find someone. If Obi-Wan is Korkie 's father that is. I know, I know my head canon has run wild again. geek
@TheBastardofMandalore

And! Next season will be AFTER TLJ... so maybe it will be looser with the canon and tell more of the story. I still don't know if we will ever see Korkie but Bo definitely.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum