Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by SheLitAFire on 6/3/2017, 9:06 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on 6/4/2017, 3:06 am

@SheLitAFire

Not sure what to think or say about this... Has Hamill gone rogue? Did he clear this with LF & Disney? Is this the way to talk about the Paragon of virtue Obi Wan ? Virgin Jedi? Celibate Jedi?

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on 6/5/2017, 9:49 am

I feel like a lot of Kenobi hints have been dropped, and still, because of a lot of people think Rey is a Skywalker or a Solo, not a lot of people have picked up on it. I think that for the general public, they don't really think of Kylo Ren as a skywalker, and can't imagine he'd be the only one out there. Given the lower screen time of Leia and Luke and Han's death, people may consider the original characters expendable, and therefore don't think of Luke as a significant Skywalker in the new saga. Also, for those that don't watch the Clone Wars and Rebels, Obi-wan may be kind of out of sight out of mind.

I think the trailer was pretty bold in it's Rey-as-Kenobi references, and still, there doesn't seem to be a widespread chatter about it. I'm sure under the circumstances Mark, jokester that he is, would get a little more bold about it.

If the purpose of the mystery box was to obscure Rey's Kenobi heritage, it's worked spectacularly well.
fuhry
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on 6/5/2017, 7:15 pm

@fuhry How do you think a Rey Kenobi reveal would go in TLJ? (out of curiosity)
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on 6/6/2017, 6:58 am

@fuhry wrote:I feel like a lot of Kenobi hints have been dropped, and still, because of a lot of people think Rey is a Skywalker or a Solo, not a lot of people have picked up on it. I think that for the general public, they don't really think of Kylo Ren as a skywalker, and can't imagine he'd be the only one out there. Given the lower screen time of Leia and Luke and Han's death, people may consider the original characters expendable, and therefore don't think of Luke as a significant Skywalker in the new saga. Also, for those that don't watch the Clone Wars and Rebels, Obi-wan may be kind of out of sight out of mind.

I think the trailer was pretty bold in it's Rey-as-Kenobi references, and still, there doesn't seem to be a widespread chatter about it. I'm sure under the circumstances Mark, jokester that he is, would get a little more bold about it.

If the purpose of the mystery box was to obscure Rey's Kenobi heritage, it's worked spectacularly well.
@fuhry

What do you see as these hints?

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on 6/6/2017, 8:48 am

Myth 101

Wonder Woman - Diana
American Gods - Shadow Moon
Game of Thrones - Jon Snow
Star Wars - Rey

What do they all have in common? Is a single one of these protagonists just no one? With Diana her mystery parentage is answered within the first movie. I figured out Shadow Moon's father after the second episode. Something happens to Shadow that happened to his father making a direct link...

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on 6/6/2017, 10:23 am

The thing is that Obi-Wan has been dangled too much at this point. He was practically presiding over the TLJ trailer. It's odd that not many people seem to be asking why all these continued references to him. Is he truly only Star Wars garnish used to dress up Force visions and trailers to make it feel more Star Warsy?

Rey hears both Yoda and Obi-Wan in the Force vision, so I suppose I could say Yoda is being dangled in front of us too, but Obi-Wan always seems the more prominent and present of the two. He's louder (less distant) and speaks directly to Rey. The way he calls "Rey?" is almost like he's been searching for her specifically and now that she's sounded in the Force he senses her and tries to connect. This is also about the point in the vision that would correspond with Rey hearing the man's voice assuring her he'll be back for her in the novelization(s), because right after she runs into Kylo in the snowy forest.

Perhaps Obi-Wan keeps being heard/referenced because he will appear as a Force ghost, and he was actively trying to guide Rey to Luke. It reminds me of the the celebration panel and Daisy Ridley being asked if Rey is a Skywalker through Luke, and if she is a Kenobi. Maybe these two questions are the only two worth asking about Rey's lineage? Either Obi-Wan is guiding her to guide Luke like her grandfather before her (though in a different capacity since she also must learn from Luke), or Obi-Wan is trying to guide Luke's child back to him so that she can help him. And if it is down to either Skywalker or Kenobi, that Rey is told not that it's her father's lightsaber and his father's before him, and that she ultimately hands it to Luke, might seem to answer that question.

If Rey Kenobi, it's not just Kenobi vs. Skywalker when it comes to Rey vs. Kylo, but probably also when it comes to Obi-Wan (and Rey?) vs. Luke. If Luke has chosen to abandon everything and has no intention of continuing the Jedi order, Force ghost Obi-Wan probably disagrees with him. He would probably want the Jedi order restored because it's how to keep the Force balanced as he sees it. He might have even disagreed with Luke about Ben Solo. So Obi-Wan might be putting his hope in his descendent Rey to fix all of this by first convincing Luke to get involved again.

I also wonder if Obi-Wan has had another change of mind regarding the Chosen One. This is probably too far fetched but it would be hilarious if he'd decided that none of the Skywalkers were the Chosen One and actually it's his granddaughter Rey Kenobi. The significance of the Skywalkers was just to carry on long enough to later train the Kenobi Chosen One. Haha. ("But then it's not the Skywalker Saga!!!" Mad )

Anyway, I'll be rather disappointed if after all this Obi-Wan teasing nothing ever comes of it in Episodes 8 and 9. That would seem cheap (because it would be mere Star Wars garnish). Either make Obi-Wan part of the story or don't. Don't simply consign him to the nether realm of ghostly whispers in which he's doomed to forever repeat his OT words of wisdom like a broken record.

~

BTW, regarding the harp music and mystical magical jingly sounds, I don't know if those were meant originally to be Obi-Wan sounds in particular, or if they signal the mysteries of the Force and encountering an old Jedi master! (?) And if I remember correctly, John Williams said he didn't know who Rey's parents were, he just assumed Luke.

Last edited by Acritiqua on 6/6/2017, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on 6/6/2017, 11:49 am

@Acritiqua wrote:@fuhry How do you think a Rey Kenobi reveal would go in TLJ? (out of curiosity)
@Acritiqua

Well, I think that if she is a Kenobi, it's going to be through a child Obi-wan had with Duchess Satine before the events of the Phantom Menace, and that son is going to be Korkie Kryze. Korkie is presented as Satine's nephew but I think it will turn out he's actually her son, and Rey's father.

Now, a reveal in the movie must be done to appeal to the average viewer that knows nothing about this background. So I think the most likely way to reveal it is for Rey to encounter her father, or her mother, or some relative who is Mandalorian who tells her. If she is the granddaughter of Duchess Satine Kryze, then she could be a significant figure in Mandalorian family politics. A child, thought lost, that could unite Mandalore.

Another option would be to have the force ghost of Obi-wan tell her. But the reason I like the Mandalorian angle is that it would matter to the Mandalorians who want to find her. It would be poetic if she is Rey Kenobi in regards to Luke and Kylo. But other than that, it wouldn't really matter that she was a Kenobi. So I would say, the importance of her family would come through the Mandalorian side.

If they aren't bringing Mandalore into TLJ, then I'm not sure how they reveal it. I think that Rey would be connected with something from her vision - that her clan of force worshippers was attacked by the Knights of Ren and that's how she ended up orphaned.

I'm not sure - there has to be more to it than "Hey, you're a Kenobi". We're going to learn something about Rey's family and how she got abandoned on Jakku and it will be wrapped up in that.

It's worth mentioning that the only character in TFA that would have any chance of knowing about Obi-wan's secret child is Maz Kanata. I don't think that Maz will reveal it but she could provide background. We might get the reveal in TLJ and more background in IX.
fuhry
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on 6/6/2017, 11:50 am

Tangentially Obi-Wan because tangentially Ewan McGregor, but I thought this take on the direction his season of Fargo is taking with showing how women's observations/conclusions is frequently discounted was on the nose for the overall topic of discussion here. We'll table the Kenobi or not Kenobi debate to a sidebar. But definitely when it comes to the experience of simply wanting to have a discussion about what's going on between these two characters and getting discounted because it's predominantly female fans making these observations. For those of you planning to eventually binge, warning that this article has spoilers.

In “Fargo,” the fight for truth and justice is a woman’s game

In a captivating turn, series creator Noah Hawley tasks his female characters with confronting this thwarting of the truth, forcing them to push back or circumvent the sexism that confronts them at every turn. The women in season 3 take action based on facts. The men, who are having none of it, would rather be informed by feeling.

Their adventitious partnership is less of the standard “buddy” situation than a coupling necessary to support one another’s sanity and keep persisting while their bosses — all male — insist on quashing their efforts. Dammik and Winnie’s superiors insist the women are manufacturing connections out of thin air, refusing to even look at the evidence that’s right in front of them — even when that evidence strolls right up to a key puzzle piece in the stor
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on 6/6/2017, 12:07 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Myth 101

Wonder Woman - Diana
Star Wars - Rey

What do they all have in common? Is a single one of these protagonists just no one? With Diana her mystery parentage is answered within the first movie. I figured out Shadow Moon's father after the second episode. Something happens to Shadow that happened to his father making a direct link...

@spacebaby45678

Well said! In film, especially epic fantasies, the mystery child is seldom no one or an unknown. Just like Aragorn, from LOTR, their humble beginning  sets the stage for an epic adventure.

I just started watching American Gods too and am hooked.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on 6/6/2017, 12:29 pm

@Kylo Men wrote:
@fuhry wrote:I feel like a lot of Kenobi hints have been dropped, and still, because of a lot of people think Rey is a Skywalker or a Solo, not a lot of people have picked up on it. I think that for the general public, they don't really think of Kylo Ren as a skywalker, and can't imagine he'd be the only one out there. Given the lower screen time of Leia and Luke and Han's death, people may consider the original characters expendable, and therefore don't think of Luke as a significant Skywalker in the new saga. Also, for those that don't watch the Clone Wars and Rebels, Obi-wan may be kind of out of sight out of mind.

@fuhry

What do you see as these hints?
@Kylo Men

I would say the hints are:
1. Obi-wan calling her by name, louder and clearer than all the other voices, during her force vision, and that she takes the saber out of a trunk and gives it to Luke. Not a lot but a couple of hints.
2. Pretty much identical musical cues a) when Obi-wan appears in ANH and b) When Rey falls into the screen in the teaser trailer. Followed by the shot of Leia and the "Help me Obi-wan Kenobi" line.

fuhry
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on 6/6/2017, 12:29 pm

@fuhry wrote:
@Acritiqua wrote:@fuhry How do you think a Rey Kenobi reveal would go in TLJ? (out of curiosity)
@Acritiqua

Well, I think that if she is a Kenobi, it's going to be through a child Obi-wan had with Duchess Satine before the events of the Phantom Menace, and that son is going to be Korkie Kryze.  Korkie is presented as Satine's nephew but I think it will turn out he's actually her son, and Rey's father.

Now, a reveal in the movie must be done to appeal to the average viewer that knows nothing about this background.  So I think the most likely way to reveal it is for Rey to encounter her father, or her mother, or some relative who is Mandalorian who tells her.  If she is the granddaughter of Duchess Satine Kryze, then she could be a significant figure in Mandalorian family politics.  A child, thought lost, that could unite Mandalore.

Another option would be to have the force ghost of Obi-wan tell her.  But the reason I like the Mandalorian angle is that it would matter to the Mandalorians who want to find her.   It would be poetic if she is Rey Kenobi in regards to Luke and Kylo.  But other than that, it wouldn't really matter that she was a Kenobi.  So I would say, the importance of her family would come through the Mandalorian side.  

If they aren't bringing Mandalore into TLJ, then I'm not sure how they reveal it.  I think that Rey would be connected with something from her vision - that her clan of force worshippers was attacked by the Knights of Ren and that's how she ended up orphaned.

I'm not sure - there has to be more to it than "Hey, you're a Kenobi".  We're going to learn something about Rey's family and how she got abandoned on Jakku and it will be wrapped up in that.

It's worth mentioning that the only character in TFA that would have any chance of knowing about Obi-wan's secret child is Maz Kanata.  I don't think that Maz will reveal it but she could provide background.  We might get the reveal in TLJ and more background in IX.
@fuhry

I was also thinking about this too. There are so many ways it can go. I agree, someone will either recognize Rey and notify the Mandalorians or Obi-Wan could tell Luke who she is and he travels to Mandalore to notify her people. Imagine Luke showing up to the Crait resistance base followed by Mandalorian reinforcements. It would be an awesome way to introduce them into the cinematic universe. Also, there has been speculation, through leaks and toy previews, that Rey and Luke will part ways. Rey joins the group on Crait and there are rumors that Luke will travel to Dagobah. I can only assume this will be to consort with his old masters.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on 6/6/2017, 12:52 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@fuhry wrote:
@Acritiqua

Well, I think that if she is a Kenobi, it's going to be through a child Obi-wan had with Duchess Satine before the events of the Phantom Menace, and that son is going to be Korkie Kryze.  Korkie is presented as Satine's nephew but I think it will turn out he's actually her son, and Rey's father.

Now, a reveal in the movie must be done to appeal to the average viewer that knows nothing about this background.  So I think the most likely way to reveal it is for Rey to encounter her father, or her mother, or some relative who is Mandalorian who tells her.  If she is the granddaughter of Duchess Satine Kryze, then she could be a significant figure in Mandalorian family politics.  A child, thought lost, that could unite Mandalore.

Another option would be to have the force ghost of Obi-wan tell her.  But the reason I like the Mandalorian angle is that it would matter to the Mandalorians who want to find her.   It would be poetic if she is Rey Kenobi in regards to Luke and Kylo.  But other than that, it wouldn't really matter that she was a Kenobi.  So I would say, the importance of her family would come through the Mandalorian side.  

If they aren't bringing Mandalore into TLJ, then I'm not sure how they reveal it.  I think that Rey would be connected with something from her vision - that her clan of force worshippers was attacked by the Knights of Ren and that's how she ended up orphaned.

I'm not sure - there has to be more to it than "Hey, you're a Kenobi".  We're going to learn something about Rey's family and how she got abandoned on Jakku and it will be wrapped up in that.

It's worth mentioning that the only character in TFA that would have any chance of knowing about Obi-wan's secret child is Maz Kanata.  I don't think that Maz will reveal it but she could provide background.  We might get the reveal in TLJ and more background in IX.
@fuhry

I was also thinking about this too. There are so many ways it can go. I agree, someone will either recognize Rey and notify the Mandalorians or Obi-Wan could tell Luke who she is and he travels to Mandalore to notify her people. Imagine Luke showing up to the Crait resistance base followed by Mandalorian reinforcements. It would be an awesome way to introduce them into the cinematic universe. Also, there has been speculation, through leaks and toy previews, that Rey and Luke will part ways. Rey joins the group on Crait and there are rumors that Luke will travel to Dagobah. I can only assume this will be to consort with his old masters.
@TheBastardofMandalore

While I can see these options happening, in my head canon I wanted SO MUCH for Kylo Ren to tell her or at least breaks some of the news to her, if Luke or someone else fills in the rest. How he knows? Idk, archives or something? But I wish it could be a pivotal part of their story/development.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on 6/6/2017, 12:58 pm

@snufkin wrote:Tangentially Obi-Wan because tangentially Ewan McGregor, but I thought this take on the direction his season of Fargo is taking with showing how women's observations/conclusions is frequently discounted was on the nose for the overall topic of discussion here. We'll table the Kenobi or not Kenobi debate to a sidebar. But definitely when it comes to the experience of simply wanting to have a discussion about what's going on between these two characters and getting discounted because it's predominantly female fans making these observations. For those of you planning to eventually binge, warning that this article has spoilers.

In “Fargo,” the fight for truth and justice is a woman’s game

In a captivating turn, series creator Noah Hawley tasks his female characters with confronting this thwarting of the truth, forcing them to push back or circumvent the sexism that confronts them at every turn. The women in season 3 take action based on facts. The men, who are having none of it, would rather be informed by feeling.

Their adventitious partnership is less of the standard “buddy” situation than a coupling necessary to support one another’s sanity and keep persisting while their bosses — all male — insist on quashing their efforts. Dammik and Winnie’s superiors insist the women are manufacturing connections out of thin air, refusing to even look at the evidence that’s right in front of them — even when that evidence strolls right up to a key puzzle piece in the stor
@snufkin

Thank you for pointing this out! I love your use of the current Fargo season as an example. It's a sad truth. We are often looked at as the gossiping, giggling soccer Moms/fan girls  of the SW universe no matter how knowledgeable an argument we present. Female fans have come a long way but still have an uphill battle when it comes to being heard and validated.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on 6/6/2017, 12:59 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@fuhry wrote:
@Acritiqua

@fuhry

@TheBastardofMandalore

While I can see these options happening, in my head canon I wanted SO MUCH for Kylo Ren to tell her or at least breaks some of the news to her, if Luke or someone else fills in the rest. How he knows? Idk, archives or something? But I wish it could be a pivotal part of their story/development.
@SheLitAFire

You know, Kylo telling her could totally work. If he is a student of history with access to the imperial archives, he might know.
fuhry
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on 6/6/2017, 1:02 pm

Kylo can impress Rey with his research. Lol. It would be cute if he just gives her this information. It doesn't come with some shocking revelation, he just committed himself to finding out who she was, and although she has some prophesied role in the Force perhaps, it's not because she's a Kenobi. So he just told her because he related to her feelings of abandonment and thought she might like to know, and it costs him nothing to give that information. Then later (if this heir to Mandalore thing happened - which I really am skeptical it would!) it can turn out that telling Rey who she is has unforeseen consequences since if she leads the united Mandalorians they might be able to topple the First Order. Kylo wasn't really thinking about that.

Last edited by Acritiqua on 6/6/2017, 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on 6/6/2017, 1:19 pm

@TheBastardofMandalore, I thinks that's what pisses a lot of us off here, getting told it's fantasy, imagination, shipping, fan fiction when it's simply that we noticed these elements, want to discuss the filmmaker's intentions in using them, but get told in very gendered terms that we don't know what we're talking about. And TBH, this is both a very smart group but also one not spending all their time in fandom echo chambers
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on 6/6/2017, 1:26 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@fuhry wrote:
@Acritiqua

@fuhry

@TheBastardofMandalore

@SheLitAFire

It could still work. Kylo could be the person who tells Rey who she is. I can totally see Kylo being there during Rey's abduction. I imagine a rebellious teenage Ben Solo, looking for belonging, joining a nefarious group (either KoR or whatever) and being part of the events that led to Rey's disappearance. It would also signify the start of his journey to the dark side.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on 6/6/2017, 2:27 pm

Wonder Woman - Diana
Star Wars - Rey

@spacebaby45678

They all have a very powerful bloodline but they're not defined by it. They're good people in the core whether Jon, Rey or Diana. All of them protagonists and starting as not really nobody, but slowly progressing to their epic journey. Jon Snow's parentage is not really a secret or not it ever was that much. If you read the books, you'll notice details and this past season pretty much confirmed that theory.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on 6/6/2017, 4:14 pm

Does anyone have that tweet from Pablo whee he basically  says that force ghosts are not all knowing beings..

They are not all knowing, so he doesn't just know who rey is because he knows everything now.
It would mean that he actually knows who she is somehow, "Rey, these are your first steps"

I repeat

Obi wan kenobi is the only person in tfa who knows Rey without having to probe

Last edited by Gemini on 6/6/2017, 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on 6/6/2017, 4:16 pm

@DarthRen wrote:

Wonder Woman - Diana
Star Wars - Rey

@spacebaby45678

They all have a very powerful bloodline but they're not defined by it. They're good people in the core whether Jon, Rey or Diana. All of them protagonists and starting as not really nobody, but slowly progressing to their epic journey. Jon Snow's parentage is not really a secret or not it ever was that much. If you read the books, you'll notice details and this past season pretty much confirmed that theory.
@DarthRen

The books have many clues but the show does not portray it that way.

It  was a secret with some hints scattered throughout the book

The same can be said about kenobi hints being  scattered throughout TFA
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on 6/6/2017, 4:56 pm

@DarthRen wrote:

Wonder Woman - Diana
Star Wars - Rey

@spacebaby45678

@DarthRen

Jon Snow does not know his own real parentage - does not know either of his real parents - he is royalty
Diana does not know her own real parentage - She does not know that she has a father or whom he may be - she is a demi god
Shadow does not know his own real parentage  - he does not know he has a father or whom he may be - he is a demi god
Rey?

The point being there is a way that Myth is done the hero/protagonist own lineage is kept from them. These things are allegories a story, poem, or picture that can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning, typically a moral or political one. The point of these stories is not that Rey protaganist is to be defined by her heritage be it good or bad,  but that each of us through Rey/protaganist we discover that we too are indeed hero/royalty/demi god or a wizard in the case of Harry Potter... not literally but metaphorically.  Joseph Campbell 101

To qoute the bible

Luke 17:20 -21

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on 6/6/2017, 9:05 pm

@Gemini wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:

Wonder Woman - Diana
Star Wars - Rey

@spacebaby45678

@DarthRen

The books have many clues but the show does not portray it that way.

It  was a secret with some hints scattered throughout the book

The same can be said about kenobi hints being  scattered throughout TFA
@Gemini

My girlfriend figured that out in season 4. A lot of other people did too, not like show totally excluded it but had to reduce certain clues that might have been too obvious. Due to timeline, Jon is a Stark but not Ned's. Who else? Benjen was at Winterfell during that time and Brandon dead. Only think to figured out his father and the most logical were the guy who kidnapped or run off with Lyanna.
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:

Wonder Woman - Diana
Star Wars - Rey

@spacebaby45678

@DarthRen

Jon Snow does not know his own real parentage - does not know either of his real parents - he is royalty
Diana does not know her own real parentage - She does not know that she has a father or whom he may be - she is a demi god
Shadow does not know his own real parentage  - he does not know he has a father or whom he may be - he is a demi god
Rey?

The point being there is a way that Myth is done the hero/protagonist own lineage is kept from them. These things are allegories a story, poem, or picture that can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning, typically a moral or political one. The point of these stories is not that Rey protaganist is to be defined by her heritage be it good or bad,  but that each of us through Rey/protaganist we discover that we too are indeed hero/royalty/demi god or a wizard in the case of Harry Potter... not literally but metaphorically.  Joseph Campbell 101

To qoute the bible

Luke 17:20 -21

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
@spacebaby45678

So the rumours of that reddit leak that Rey is is the reincarantion of the first Force user might have some credibility or something of that extent. Rey must be pretty powerful Force user, might be the most powerful one yet.

In this case Jon, what really makes him special. Not even his blood, but the way he is as a person. Just because he is royalty and btw its not even sure because rhaegar was married at that time, Jon is Jon and it's because of the way he was being raised. His discovery of Targaryensgenes won't make him any different. He is an eager hero from from the beginning.

DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 6/6/2017, 9:55 pm

Jon Snow's parentage reveal will mostly likely hurt him rather than empower him. He idolised Ned Stark and craved his love and approval. To find out he isn't Ned's son and is instead the product of a union between Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, will likely be a crushing blow, at least at first.

I'm expecting the truth about Rey's parentage to knock her for six too. I go back and forth over the Kenobi connection, but I'm expecting it to be more of a spiritual than a blood connection.

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 39 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum