The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 12 Jul - 0:32

spacebaby45678 wrote:
TheBastardofMandalore wrote:If Rey embraced her Mando-ness in TFA. geek

Source: ...somewhere in the inky void of Tumblr.
@TheBastardofMandalore

Love it!

Ok, in Battlefront 2, Rey says, " This is not my war" Is that embracing her pacifist side?
@spacebaby45678

LOL! She's channeling Grandma Satine. Razz
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Wed 12 Jul - 0:44

Hahaha! Love a good Parks & Recreation reference, especially because Ben Wyatt (who has a back story worthy of Ben Solo) is a huge Star Wars fan.

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 16 Jul - 7:28

How many times does Luke need to be given this saber? Take it Luke!

A baptism portends a great change for Rey, after Obi Wan fell into the water with Boga in ROTS he becomes Ben

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Wed 19 Jul - 20:38

Interesting.  I never thought of it as a baptism until you mentioned it here.  However I don’t think I’ll chalk this up to a Kenobi parallel until I see the context/circumstances of Rey going into the water.  Rey will certainly undergo a change though, no question about that.

I wasn’t really expecting any clues or revelations about Rey’s identity in the BTS trailer, at least not any intentional ones.  I certainly didn’t see anything that changed my mind one way the other.  I did notice that in every instance of Rey with a lightsaber it’s always the blue Anakin saber. It appears to be the only one she’s using and training with:

So it looks like the parallel we’re getting isn’t simply that Rey gives the saber to Luke as Obi-Wan did in A New Hope, but also that Luke Skywalker as the new Obi-Wan figure gives the saber to Rey “Kenobi” as the new Luke Skywalker figure.  But then again, maybe Luke will refuse it or give it right back to her at the beginning of TLJ.  We’ll have to see how that plays out exactly.  And who knows if we’ll get another “saber surprise” later in TLJ just as we did in TFA.

And I'm sure we're all very interested to see what Rian will do, if anything, with the force-back scene where Kylo is holding that saber in his left hand.  If Luke ignites his green saber in TLJ then we’ll know for sure that it’s Obi-Wan’s that Kylo is holding in the force-back.

Anyways, I have a few more points about the whole Rey Kenobi thing that I’ve been meaning to share here but I have to run so I’ll try to get to it tomorrow or Friday if I can.
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 19 Jul - 22:14

"Rey & Luke are the beating heart of TLJ" RJ

Obi means heart in the Igbo language.... a HUGE stretch but I will take it
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 20 Jul - 17:41

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 20 Jul - 18:19

spacebaby45678 wrote:

@spacebaby45678

Love this! I love you
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 20 Jul - 21:10

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Thu 20 Jul - 21:49

spacebaby45678 wrote:
@spacebaby45678

Is this for real?!

If so

Yes rey it's well and truly over, mate

Kenobi
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Fri 21 Jul - 3:59

Ok here goes. I'm either going to look like a total genius or a complete idiot Smile but either way it's still fun to think about so I don't really care! We'll see what happens when the movie comes out.

I've shared this photo elsewhere but I'm showing it here again because this is what started my brain going in this direction:

Some people think this is a soundperson or cameraman coming into the frame but I don't think so. And if you watch the BTS trailer you can see this person is coming right into scene -- in the middle of filming! And if you look at Leia's face you can tell she's in the middle of trying act whatever scene it is they're shooting:

So into this scene walks a tall, black dressed character, with long legs, who looks like he has no hand, and who looks like he has the same black pants and boots as Kylo Ren:

Ok bear with me. Then there's this tweet that you may have seen in the spoilers thread about Rey getting the injury above her eye:

And there's this picture of the new black series Rey figure:

Rey has a cut on her arm.

I'm not suggesting that Kylo and Rey gave eachother these injuries (although I suppose it's possible), but Rian Johnson did talk about rhyming in Star Wars movies (https://youtu.be/9KNLVlEMEa4) so it got me wondering if we'll see something like this in TLJ, the SECOND movie of this trilogy:

Hurt fighting an opponent (Snoke? Praetorian guards? Luke[I hope not]?)

The Skywalker saves the Kenobi's life:

But he loses a hand (the "Skywalker special") in the process:

Maybe this is what compels Kylo/Ben to leave the dark side -- he doesn't want Rey to get hurt/killed ("you have compassion for her") so he saves her life (no more May Sue complaints from certain fans) and he gains Rey's trust in doing so. Reylo, rhyming and Ren-redemption all in one.

It's a Rey - Obi-Wan parallel of course but it would also demonstrate that Kylo is "Anakin-In-Reverse" in the sequel trilogy, which is important for the Rey Kenobi theory. Anyways, like I said at the beginning, maybe I'm totally wrong. But if I'm right I'm able to accept cash rewards Smile
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by salmund on Fri 21 Jul - 6:51

BigDeal2187 wrote:Ok here goes. I'm either going to look like a total genius or a complete idiot Smile but either way it's still fun to think about so I don't really care! We'll see what happens when the movie comes out.

I've shared this photo elsewhere but I'm showing it here again because this is what started my brain going in this direction:

I considered it few days ago, and i have asked people who could it be. I think this person behind is walking to fast in to frame (look at the camera), like he is the part of the scene. At the same time Leia reises her head. She looks sad, but i see some hope in this gesture. And this scene comes at the same time with Daisy's commentary "OMG"

salmund
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 21 Jul - 8:10

BigDeal2187 wrote:Ok here goes. I'm either going to look like a total genius or a complete idiot Smile but either way it's still fun to think about so I don't really care! We'll see what happens when the movie comes out.

Some people think this is a soundperson or cameraman coming into the frame but I don't think so. And if you watch the BTS trailer you can see this person is coming right into scene -- in the middle of filming! And if you look at Leia's face you can tell she's in the middle of trying act whatever scene it is they're shooting:

So into this scene walks a tall, black dressed character, with long legs, who looks like he has no hand, and who looks like he has the same black pants and boots as Kylo Ren:

Ok bear with me. Then there's this tweet that you may have seen in the spoilers thread about Rey getting the injury above her eye:

I'm not suggesting that Kylo and Rey gave eachother these injuries (although I suppose it's possible), but Rian Johnson did talk about rhyming in Star Wars movies (https://youtu.be/9KNLVlEMEa4) so it got me wondering if we'll see something like this in TLJ, the SECOND movie of this trilogy:

Maybe this is what compels Kylo/Ben to leave the dark side -- he doesn't want Rey to get hurt/killed ("you have compassion for her") so he saves her life (no more May Sue complaints from certain fans) and he gains Rey's trust in doing so. Reylo, rhyming and Ren-redemption all in one.

It's a Rey - Obi-Wan parallel of course but it would also demonstrate that Kylo is "Anakin-In-Reverse" in the sequel trilogy, which is important for the Rey Kenobi theory. Anyways, like I said at the beginning, maybe I'm totally wrong. But if I'm right I'm able to accept cash rewards Smile
@BigDeal2187

Brilliant observations! I love that you brought in possible parallel comparisons with AotC. Claps
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Fri 21 Jul - 14:28

Gemini wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
@spacebaby45678

Is this for real?!

If so

Kenobi
@Gemini

No not for real. But when I first saw it I really wanted it to be real!
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 21 Jul - 15:07

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:

@BigDeal2187

Brilliant observations! I love that you brought in possible parallel comparisons with AotC. Claps

@TheBastardofMandalore

Brillant observation! I was always focusing on Leia's grimm face expression and the fact that she looked strangely alone. However, your observation about the person coming into picture made me realize something about the angle of the camera:

They ain't filming Leia from the front but from the side. The cameraman and his two assistants stand all on the left and are heading the camera to the right. So if I understand well, the shot is filmed with Rey and Leia filmed face-to-face and the third person making a appearance in front of the camera somewhere in the middle of them but rather in Leia's direction. And I think you're right about that third person coming into picture because Leia looks indeed grimm but she sort of moves her head and her eye expression changes a little as if she was sort of feeling something. Plus the camera moves higher while the third person is approaching as if they were focusing on him.

I always thought that it was some devastating scene but your observation make me reconsider my interpretation. The person indeed looks like someone tall who wears similar boots to Kylo. And since Leia's face conveys some strong emotion, I ask myself now if this wouldn't be the mother-son reunion.

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 21 Jul - 15:36

Gemini wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:
@spacebaby45678

Is this for real?!

If so

Kenobi
@Gemini

Unfortunately, Rey did not say this, it is a twitter meme. However, in TFA Here she seeks the high ground for defense.. kind of a pattern with her.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 21 Jul - 15:44

@beastofmandalore
@reylo1992
@gemini
@BigDeal2187

Ok yall, what are Leia and Rey talking about? It looks like a super serious conversation. Lawd! Please no I am yo mama moment....Please bring me back from the edge. Oh by the way, I heard on Tumblr that the cut on Rey's arm is a bad paint job.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by salmund on Fri 21 Jul - 16:01

"If you see our son, bring him home" Maybe Rey will do it? Maybe this is this scene?

salmund
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 21 Jul - 16:52

salmund wrote:"If you see our son, bring him home" Maybe Rey will do it? Maybe this is this scene?

@salmund

I think it has been surmised that Kylo is right behind her
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 21 Jul - 17:11

Given Rey's costume, it seems to happen late in the movie unless she actually leaves Ahch-To earlier than we expected. The idea that Rey would sort of bring Kylo home is appealing since it was originally Han's mission. However, the configuration of their conversation is strange. Leia and Rey already discuss face-to-face and the third person shows.Obviously, Kylo doesn't come from Rey's side but from somewhere else on the right and interestingly rather from behind Leia than from behind Rey. Strange for a mother-son reunion Suspect  

So maybe it's only the way to film the scene but maybe there is indeed some significance there. What if actually Leia was greeting Rey arriving from Ahch-To and Kylo suddenly joins his mother Question

After all, maybe we are all wrong about the Ahch-To scenario. I guess that we have all assumed that Kylo will join Rey there since Adam went filming a few scenes there. However, the more we get information, the more it seems that Rey will spend time there alone with Luke but less time than we expected. It doesn't seem like Adam stayed there very long and the few leaked images we got from him showed him with his TFA costume and his mask on. Meanwhile, the BTS video shows him in practically all scenes without his mask and potentially teaming up with the Resistance. Plus, some of us pointing out the possibility that he meets his mother early in the movie. So I ask myself if the scenes they shot with Kylo on Ahch-To were only part of Rey's vision sequences and the two are supposed to meet for real somewhere else.

Maybe I am completely wrong there but maybe Rey will have to leave Ahch-To unexpectedly early with Chewie aboard the MF and join the Resistance on Crait to bring some bad news about Luke's state. And maybe Kylo feels her presence and can't help but showing up at this moment. I remember that there was  some reunion scene between Darcy and Lizzie in the 2005 Pride and Prejudice version. If I remember well, you see Lizzie talking face to face to Lady Catherine. As we see her from side,  Darcy suddenly shows up from the front. Of course, Lizzie feels some presence, turns her head and is surprised to see him there.

It would be strange to have such Reylo reunion but after all why not a strange reunion scene where both of them are a little confused and embarrassed to meet again a la Darcy and Lizzie or even a la Han and Leia in TFA Question Who knows Question If that would be the case, it would be the first time that Kylo would see Rey again since their fight and with her new hairstyle (You've changed your hair!).

Of course, it would mean less Reylo scenes than we imagined but maybe Rey and Kylo's relationship is meant to evolve primarily through their Force connection and what Rey would learn about his background rather than having them sharing many scenes together early in the movie. If Rian really wanted to avoid the ESB scenario, then maybe he avoided to have them alone together on Ahch-To and escaping together with the MF Question  So maybe Rey will have to leave Ahch-To unexpectedly early and will actually meet Kylo again while joining the resistance after having learnt many things about his past, having experience some strange emotions through the Force Bond, being confused to see him with the Resistance, discovering a totally new side of him but still doubting at this point that he changed side Question

Last edited by reylo1992 on Fri 21 Jul - 17:53; edited 1 time in total

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 21 Jul - 17:15

reylo1992 wrote:

@BigDeal2187

@TheBastardofMandalore

Brillant observation! I was always focusing on Leia's grimm face expression and the fact that she looked strangely alone. However, your observation about the person coming into picture made me realize something about the angle of the camera:

They ain't filming Leia from the front but from the side. The cameraman and his two assistants stand all on the left and are heading the camera to the right. So if I understand well, the shot is filmed with Rey and Leia filmed face-to-face and the third person making a appearance in front of the camera somewhere in the middle of them but rather in Leia's direction. And I think you're right about that third person coming into picture because Leia looks indeed grimm but she sort of moves her head and her eye expression changes a little as if she was sort of feeling something. Plus the camera moves higher while the third person is approaching as if they were focusing on him.

I always thought that it was some devastating scene but your observation make me reconsider my interpretation. The person indeed looks like someone tall who wears similar boots to Kylo. And since Leia's face conveys some strong emotion, I ask myself now if this wouldn't be the mother-son reunion.
@reylo1992

If that is Kylo I don't know that he is missing a hand but may have it clenched in a fist and it is blurred.
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 21 Jul - 17:21

ReyofLightSide wrote:
reylo1992 wrote:

@BigDeal2187

@TheBastardofMandalore

@reylo1992

If that is Kylo I don't know that he is missing a hand but may have it clenched in a fist and it is blurred.
@ReyofLightSide

Yep! Let's suppose that he is already with the Resistance, comes from behind his mother because he sensed Rey's presence and meets her again for the first time there (only an assumption), that could explain why he clenches his fists in such way like any time he is tense. He would have every reasons to be tense given the way their past interactions went, their Force connection, her new look, etc...

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Fri 21 Jul - 19:21

What if Kylo is already there with his mother and Rey has just come back from Ach-to to tell her that Luke does not want to come back. In some other pictures it looked like Leia and Ben were together already, but did not look like this scene.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by LastCrusadeLeft on Fri 21 Jul - 20:19

I LOVE this idea and I think it's not unlikely that it's him!  Very Happy

Ben's boots from the VF shooting are still his TFA boots. (TLJ starts just after TFA after all) At least I see no difference here:

And when we hit the very last frame of that scene from the BTS and brighten the picture up a little ...we get this:

That's some long leg!  Smile

Leia gazing in the distance behind Rey could be her recognizing Ben's presence.

What makes me doubt this (just a little!) is that maybe the tip of this boot is slightly too flat in comparison to Ben's. And he enters the scene very fast.
Then again the picture is not that good to be 100% sure and I don't think the camera was angled to catch him all down to his feet as he enters the scene in real-time.  Confus

BUT maybe we are guessing wrong and it's just Finn or Luke or Poe or DJ or a random character? Or even a member of the filming crew? Hell, it could be Hux!

As for Luke: it's more than likely that he is going to wear a cape/poncho at all times. And as I've said before "That's some long leg!"...sorry, Mark Very Happy

I think Poe is going to wear his pilot outfit during this part of the movie so I would rule him out too???

By the time Rey has her hair down and her new outfit Finn is in the remnants of his FO undercover mission outfit:

Unfortunately we cannot see his heels here to compare them with the picture above so it could be him?
But then... this is a very emotional scene as you can tell by Leia's distressed face!
So I think it's very unlikely that Finn randomly enters this scene from that camera angle while Leia has this moment unless he interrupts them?

What about DJ? I have no information about him so far Embarassed but I imagine his shady character wearing this long leather coat ALL THE TIME.  Cool

And some random character? I don't think someone random would disrupt THIS very scene from THIS camera angle!

Last but not least: the infamous filming crew member?
Come on, NO ONE would move like this behind Carrie in that camera angle during her acting without being part of that scene!

So yes, I think it could be her boy. Wink
LastCrusadeLeft
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 21 Jul - 21:44

LastCrusadeLeft wrote:I LOVE this idea and I think it's not unlikely that it's him!  Very Happy

Ben's boots from the VF shooting are still his TFA boots. (TLJ starts just after TFA after all) At least I see no difference here:

And when we hit the very last frame of that scene from the BTS and brighten the picture up a little ...we get this:

That's some long leg!  Smile

Leia gazing in the distance behind Rey could be her recognizing Ben's presence.

What makes me doubt this (just a little!) is that maybe the tip of this boot is slightly too flat in comparison to Ben's. And he enters the scene very fast.
Then again the picture is not that good to be 100% sure and I don't think the camera was angled to catch him all down to his feet as he enters the scene in real-time.  Confus

BUT maybe we are guessing wrong and it's just Finn or Luke or Poe or DJ or a random character? Or even a member of the filming crew? Hell, it could be Hux!

As for Luke: it's more than likely that he is going to wear a cape/poncho at all times. And as I've said before "That's some long leg!"...sorry, Mark Very Happy

I think Poe is going to wear his pilot outfit during this part of the movie so I would rule him out too???

By the time Rey has her hair down and her new outfit Finn is in the remnants of his FO undercover mission outfit:

Unfortunately we cannot see his heels here to compare them with the picture above so it could be him?
But then... this is a very emotional scene as you can tell by Leia's distressed face!
So I think it's very unlikely that Finn randomly enters this scene from that camera angle while Leia has this moment unless he interrupts them?

What about DJ? I have no information about him so far Embarassed but I imagine his shady character wearing this long leather coat ALL THE TIME.  Cool

And some random character? I don't think someone random would disrupt THIS very scene from THIS camera angle!

Last but not least: the infamous filming crew member?
Come on, NO ONE would move like this behind Carrie in that camera angle during her acting without being part of that scene!

So yes, I think it could be her boy. Wink

@LastCrusadeLeft

I think you're right! There are good chances that this is Ben rather than Finn or any other characters who shows up like that. Ben's boots have a particularity that Finn's don't have. Sorry I don't which word to use to describe it so here the image :

I am not sure but I think that this particularity appears on the boot we see in this shot unless this is actually the trouser:

Really if it's Ben, I am eager to discover what this scene is about, why his fist are clenched like that, why he is showing up so fast, why he comes from behind Leia like that while she is face to face with Rey, why does Leia looks grimm, etc...

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 21 Jul - 23:03

spacebaby45678 wrote:@beastofmandalore
@reylo1992
@gemini
@BigDeal2187

Ok yall, what are Leia and Rey talking about? It looks like a super serious conversation. Lawd! Please no I am yo mama moment....Please bring me back from the edge. Oh by the way, I heard on Tumblr that the cut on Rey's arm is a bad paint job.
@spacebaby45678

It definitely seems like a serious conversation/dire situation going on between the two. I doubt it's a I'm your Mom reveal though. At least I hope not. But I do think it could be a reveal scenario where Leia is telling Rey that she knows who she is. If Rey is a member of the elder houses in the galaxy, Leia, being a royal, would have knowledge of other ruling families. I'm thinking it will be a "I knew your mother. We fought against the Empire." (I'm still going with my Sabine/Korkie theory as Rey's parents). I think the last or most recent Forces of Destiny episode was a Sabine/Leia episode.

I'm just hoping that Rey's entire family are not dead and that she has someone waiting for her on Mandalore.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum