The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 21 Jul - 22:05

The way Leia reacts, it's almost as though someone behind or off camera says her name or she is aware of their presence.
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 21 Jul - 23:11

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:@beastofmandalore
@reylo1992
@gemini
@BigDeal2187

Ok yall, what are Leia and Rey talking about? It looks like a super serious conversation. Lawd! Please no I am yo mama moment....Please bring me back from the edge. Oh by the way, I heard on Tumblr that the cut on Rey's arm is a bad paint job.
@spacebaby45678

It definitely seems like a serious conversation/dire situation going on between the two. I doubt it's a I'm your Mom reveal though. At least I hope not. But I do think it could be a reveal scenario where Leia is telling Rey that she knows who she is. If Rey is a member of the elder houses in the galaxy, Leia, being a royal, would have knowledge of other ruling families. I'm thinking it will be a "I knew your mother. We fought against the Empire." (I'm still going with my Sabine/Korkie theory as Rey's parents). I think the last or most recent Forces of Destiny episode was a Sabine/Leia episode.

I'm just hoping that Rey's entire family are not dead and that she has someone waiting for her on Mandalore.
@TheBastardofMandalore

I like Sabine/Korkie as Rey's parents... it would tie everything together
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Sat 22 Jul - 3:31

@reylo1992
@gemini
@BigDeal2187

Ok yall, what are Leia and Rey talking about? It looks like a super serious conversation. Lawd! Please no I am yo mama moment....Please bring me back from the edge. Oh by the way, I heard on Tumblr that the cut on Rey's arm is a bad paint job.
@spacebaby45678

I don't think it's a bad paint job as it's the one Hasbro chose to display at SDCC.  And this photo of this other Rey figure confirms she has a cut/wound on her arm:

So I'll stick with my theory for now I guess.
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 22 Jul - 5:44

@BigDeal2187 wrote:
@reylo1992
@gemini
@BigDeal2187

@spacebaby45678

I don't think it's a bad paint job as it's the one Hasbro chose to display at SDCC.  And this photo of this other Rey figure confirms she has a cut/wound on her arm:

So I'll stick with my theory for now I guess.
@BigDeal2187

Excellent catch!
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Sun 23 Jul - 10:39

Does anyone remember this article? It is an old one, but I don't know if it was discussed here.
https://www.inverse.com/article/24412-obi-wan-star-wars-standalones

I here a lot of people say that Rey can't be Obi Wan's because they were supposed to be chaste like priests. I remember reading George Lucas say that the Jedi were not monks, they were just not allowed to have attachments.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by gwendy85 on Mon 24 Jul - 4:26

This goes perfectly with this Rey Kenobi fanvid

gwendy85
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://gwendy85.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 24 Jul - 5:49

@gwendy85 wrote:

This goes perfectly with this Rey Kenobi fanvid

@gwendy85

Yes it does!
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 24 Jul - 6:40

Wet hair? Discovering something? Obi discovers a Clone Army, what will Rey discover?

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Mon 24 Jul - 9:39

This is a bit of odd question, but I wonder if Obi Wan is stilled remembered in the Galaxy? Like, Rey thought Luke was a myth, but I wonder if he if Obi Wan is stilled remembered as well.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Mon 24 Jul - 12:19

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Wet hair? Discovering something? Obi discovers a Clone Army, what will Rey discover?

@spacebaby45678

Great observation! I guess that discovering big underlying  secrets fits the Kenobi role Smile There are thousand of possibilities and this is what I imagine with my perception of what could be the main plot of TLJ.

As far as we know, TLJ shall sort of unlocking the past with shocking truths from age-old mysteries. So maybe she will discover some ancient relic that unlocks the past.  We know at some point that Luke will bring Rey to the Force tree and shows her a very old book with the symbol of the Jedi Order. My feeling is that what she'll discover during this underwater scene  will be tied up with  whatever she read in this book. Once again, I can't  help myself to think that we will maybe get some Atlantis - The lost Empire callback there even if I have no doubt that Rian won't copy the storyline.

I ask myself whether Luke would ask her to go there or whether she would do it behind his back. I rather put my money for curious Rey going wherever she is not supposed to go and Luke being pissed with it.

Now, the question is how what Rey would discover on Ahch-To would fit with the other plots of the movie. Obviously, Ahch-To is important for the plot but definitely not the centerpiece of the entire story. IMO Ahch-To is an important part of a puzzle whose centerpiece is rather Crait. So I believe that whatever Rey would discover on Ahch-To would complete the puzzle of what  Finn and Rose will discover  on Canto Bight about the FO intentions and more important : what is the major stake behind Crait ? So whatever will happen Crait will represent the centerpieces of the different plots and dimensions of the movies:
- The character's journeys (since Adam said that characters and relationships are Rian's priorities)
- The power balance between the Resistance and the FO
- The balance of the Force (maybe the fate of the entire galaxy)

My feeling is that Rian will tie everything together at the end because there must be some red thread that drives the whole movie and ties the different plots alltogether. So this is what I imagine with the few information we have:  
- The  FO is up to something with the rich assholes of Canto Bight because I get the feelings that they represent more or less the Trade Federation of the Prequels. They are supporting and financing the FO despite their apparent neutrality.
- Finn and Rose's mission will probably consist in infiltrating the FO there in order to discover what are their plan since Hux is supposed to show up to meet with the rich assholes at some point. They will discover that  the FO is up to something related to Crait.
- Meanwhile, Rey will certainly realize that Luke ain't what she imagined - changing the way she sees him -  but more important she will discover some decisive information that link Crait and the Force.

As I don't believe in a remake of the ESB where the only stake for the Empire was to destroy the Rebel Alliance base, my feeling is that Snoke - and by extension the FO - is up to something much bigger and more dangerous than what we saw in ESB, so something closer with what we got  in the Prequels.  We know from Andy Serkis that Snoke - who hasahuge agenda - is aware of the past in a high degree and let's keep in mind that the FO needs to recover quickly from the destruction of SKB to kick the Resistance's a**. So I guess that Crait will play a huge role in Snoke's agenda whatever his evil intentions are and I don't think that this has to do with building a clone army. It looks like Crait will hold some strong symbolic/spiritual meaning (salty planet; bloody red river; etc..) that fits with something related to the Force

As far as we know, Crait is full of red ores : why would Snoke and the FO get interested in a planet full of red ores ?  We know that Rian got inspiration from Letter Never Sent were geologists are sent by the Soviet Union to find diamonds in order to finance a weapon. I think that we've always assumed that it would fit Ahch-To but I begin to wonder whether it would fit better to Crait. I am aware that I tend to sound repetitive post after post but I think that the FO won't lose its time to build a SKB II and that the rich assholes won't spend their money  in a weapon of mass destruction that would end up destroyed like all the others because of a weak point. However, I believe that neither the continuity between DS I, DS II and SKB nor the introduction of kyber cristal in the Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Rogue  One, etc...) were meant to be a coincidence.

So my belief is that Rey will maybe discover that there is on Crait an important source of power linked to the Force - why not a kyber cristal - with some age old mystery linked to the Force. For his part, Snoke - who seems to be very greedy for luxury - may be after this source of power not only because it is precious but also because it would offer some basis for a "pure, strong and unbreakable" weapon to destroy the Resistance and the systems that would stand against him. So the major stake of TLJ would be to prevent Snoke and the FO to get what they intend to get on Crait.

As for Luke and Ben, we know that there is a rumor about him wanting his nephew dead and asking Rey to do it. Honestly, I don't believe in the scenario of Luke going all evil and replacing Snoke as the big villain. Rian said that he wanted to have the characters facing their greatest challenge in the movie and I suspect that Luke's greatest challenge has to do with Ben. I begin to wonder whether Luke wouldn't  have a profound reason to think that there is no other option than killing own nephew for the greatest good but that he of course can't bring himself to do it. So he would hide because he feels responsible for what happened years ago but maybe because he can't face Leia about what must be done to Ben? After all, an interesting meta pointed out that Luke and Ben were respectively portayed a Orion and Scorpio with the possibility of some menacing  Luke hunting Ben to kill him:
http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/post/159916581289/the-last-jedi-poster-an-astronomical-hint-the

Meanwhile we know thanks to the TFA novel that Kylo holds an important place in Snoke's huge agenda. Snoke had a  very good reason to target this child from the whomb and polish for 30 years to make a masterpiece out of him. Hewas obviously not interested in making Ben a Vader n°2 that you only use as your puppet. There is apparently some mystical dimension in the way Snoke is working on Ben like an artist would work on a piece of art. That's why, I don't believe that this idea of "completing his training" has something to do with combat skills or even mental strength. Maybe that Snoke will have another kind of training in mind that is related to his intentions regarding Crait.

After all, we know that their meeting will take place at the beginning of the movie and that Kylo's mask will end up completely destroyed in the elevator. Ihave always pointed that I was intrigued by the pieces of glas around Kylo's mask that reminds me of the broken mirror representing Rapunzel's rebellion against Gothel authority. So this leads me to assume that Kylo will defect Snoke and the FO from the beginning of the movie. What I find even more intriguing here is : where do these pieces of broken glass come from Question

Source: http://gwendy85.tumblr.com/page/2
I have no doubt that Kylo could be pissed by some request like "kill the girl!" but honestly that it would be enough to have smash his mask and sort of destroying his persona. Plus, I don't think that Snoke would be stupid enough to give Kylo as next mission to go after Rey since he is perfectly aware that Kylo has compassion for her and that he also still has a bond to Luke himself. I think that Snoke is way too clever to not foresee the danger of having his protegee stranded on the island with his uncle (who supposedly wants him dead) and the girl (whom with he shares a growing Force connection). So I rather believe would rather send the Knights of Ren there without taking the risk to have Kylo failing him once again

My feeling is that Han's line about "Snoke using him for his power" and supposedly as an important part of his evil plan would be the strongest reason for Kylo to leave everything behind him.  So I tend to believe that Kylo will realise that Snoke intends to use him to get what he wants on Crait and thus decides to flee after destroying his mask in the elevator since anybody - aside from Hux - is supposed to know his face. After all, I've always thought regarding that "Traitoooorr!!!!" line that Ben's TLJ trajectory could me ironically reminiscent of Finn's TFA trajectory. So what if Ben would leave the FO aboard the Silencer and end up with the Resistance without revealing his identity (after al, nobody besides Leia and Finn supposedly know his face) and go to Ahch-To because he gets some vision of  Rey being attacked by the Knights of Ren there?  So maybe TLJ could be  a sort of big "hide and seek" for Ben :
- forced to hide his identity to the Resistance
- hunted by his uncle who wants to kill him
- hunted by Snoke who wants to bring him back

And of course, like TLJ is supposed to be the second film of the trilogy where everything ends wrong, my feeling is that Snoke and the FO will get what they want on Crait, which could lead to:
- A major victory of the FO over the Resistance Question
- A grave imbalance of the Force if not a major threat for the fate of the galaxy Question
- The sacrifice of the only Skywalker legacy child (according to the strong "death/rebirth" symbolism around Ben)  Question
- A decimated Skywalker family with the twins as only remaining members -  Leia as the inconsolable mother and Luke as the remorseful uncle (does't seem to me like Luke will change side by the end of TLJ but I may be wrong about this) Question

- A physically and emotionally wounded heroin set as the "only hope" of the galaxy "in the most desperate hour" in the continuity of the Kenobi role in the franchise Question

So here are my thoughts about this possible discovery c and the possible plot I imagine around this.

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 24 Jul - 13:41

If RJ used Ring theory TLJ will not be the same as ESB, but a recombination of things ESB & AOTC, upside down, reversals, beginnings that are endings and vice versa. But, I agree Rey will discovery something that Luke does not want her to, she is stubborn.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 24 Jul - 13:43

@bashfulblueeyes3 wrote:This is a bit of odd question, but I wonder if Obi Wan is stilled remembered in the Galaxy? Like, Rey thought Luke was a myth, but I wonder if he if Obi Wan is stilled remembered as well.
@bashfulblueeyes3

The only one that should remember Obi is Luke & Leia
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 26 Jul - 18:10

New KOR concept art... is this Saber Obi's or Luke's? It is red... OMG...

@gemini

story here

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 26 Jul - 20:59

@spacebaby45678 wrote:New KOR concept art... is this Saber Obi's or Luke's? It is red... OMG...

@gemini

story here

@spacebaby45678

Ooh, good find! It looks like Obi's old saber. It would be cool if it is his. And if it has fallen into the hands of dark force users then it's not all that surprising that the blade would be red. The Ahsoka novel has established that kyber crystals "bleed" in the presence of dark force wielders.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Thu 27 Jul - 19:26

Did you guys see these tweets from Starwarsstuff yet?

SIX times?
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 27 Jul - 20:25

@BigDeal2187 wrote:Did you guys see these tweets from Starwarsstuff yet?

SIX times?
@BigDeal2187

Kenobi lineage would indeed be awesome, but I'm intrigued by the note saying it implies Kylo Ren saved a young Rey. We know her being left on Jakku and the Jedi Academy fall weren't related, and so I've been under the impression they've never met. The romantic side of me kind of hopes this part is true, as I'm more of a fan of them simply having visions of each other.

There is the spoiler about Kylo Ren falling to the Dark in Rey's place, so it could coincide with that..

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 27 Jul - 20:48

@IoJovi wrote:

SIX times?
@BigDeal2187

Kenobi lineage would indeed be awesome, but I'm intrigued by the note saying it implies Kylo Ren saved a young Rey. We know her being left on Jakku and the Jedi Academy fall weren't related, and so I've been under the impression they've never met. The romantic side of me kind of hopes this part is true, as I'm more of a fan of them simply having visions of each other.

There is the spoiler about Kylo Ren falling to the Dark in Rey's place, so it could coincide with that..
@IoJovi

Didn't JJ say that Kylo and Rey had never met before? So, if Ben fell in Rey's place, I guess that could count as way that he "saved" her without having met her.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 27 Jul - 20:51

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

SIX times?
@BigDeal2187

@IoJovi

Didn't JJ say that Kylo and Rey had never met before? So, if Ben fell in Rey's place, I guess that could count as way that he "saved" her without having met her.
@ISeeAnIsland

Very true, and yes the DVD Commentary did say that.

The "falling in Rey's place" rumor would definitely fall under this.

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 27 Jul - 21:00

I would be intrigued if the lines Obi says are "new" but I think that most Obi's line have been identified in Rey's vision. But, my interest is piqued.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by gwendy85 on Thu 27 Jul - 21:51

gwendy85
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://gwendy85.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 28 Jul - 0:24

@gwendy85

OMG, no I had not seen this! Thank you!

Ok, I am calm now

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 28 Jul - 1:07

@IoJovi wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

SIX times?
@BigDeal2187

Kenobi lineage would indeed be awesome, but I'm intrigued by the note saying it implies Kylo Ren saved a young Rey.  We know her being left on Jakku and the Jedi Academy fall weren't related, and so I've been under the impression they've never met.  The romantic side of me kind of hopes this part is true, as I'm more of a fan of them simply having visions of each other.  

@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland

Very true, and yes the DVD Commentary did say that.  

The "falling in Rey's place" rumor would definitely fall under this.
@IoJovi

I'm going to take JJ's denial that Kylo and Rey never met with a grain of salt. After all Kathleen Kennedy said that they were channeling Luke with Rey's costume design...cue dramatic eye roll. Rolling Eyes Anyway, I can see how a teen Ben Solo may have actually met and saved a young Rey. Now this is all speculation based on the little knowledge we have of KoR and Ben's youth. Ben was most likely caught up in this "gang" as a young teen looking for belonging. After all his parents weren't around much. He could have encountered little Rey on some sort of bounty mission and instead of killing her, he dropped her off in the a** end of the galaxy. That would be the simplest explanation as to why he knows her...and it would be a catalyst for his redemption.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 28 Jul - 1:13

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@gwendy85

OMG, no I had not seen this! Thank you!

Ok, I am calm now

@spacebaby45678

I second that! This is awesome! Thanks for sharing @gwendy85.
I love you
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Fri 28 Jul - 1:21

@spacebaby45678 wrote:I would be intrigued if the lines Obi says are "new" but I think that most Obi's line have been identified in Rey's vision. But, my interest is piqued.
@spacebaby45678

I honestly didn't know it was six but maybe they're counting them differently. Are they all identified/listed at https://thereykenobifiles.tumblr.com and https://geminiwankenobi.tumblr.com?
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Fri 28 Jul - 1:26

BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top