The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 28 Jul - 8:33

BigDeal2187 wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:I would be intrigued if the lines Obi says are "new" but I think that most Obi's line have been identified in Rey's vision. But, my interest is piqued.
@spacebaby45678

I honestly didn't know it was six but maybe they're counting them differently. Are they all identified/listed at https://thereykenobifiles.tumblr.com and https://geminiwankenobi.tumblr.com?
@BigDeal2187

The 6 things Obi says... are the same six unless there is something new? I understand in the next trailer there will be more Obi Wan voices..

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 28 Jul - 8:49

IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
BigDeal2187 wrote:Did you guys see these tweets from Starwarsstuff yet?

SIX times?
@BigDeal2187

Kenobi lineage would indeed be awesome, but I'm intrigued by the note saying it implies Kylo Ren saved a young Rey.  We know her being left on Jakku and the Jedi Academy fall weren't related, and so I've been under the impression they've never met.  The romantic side of me kind of hopes this part is true, as I'm more of a fan of them simply having visions of each other.  

There is the spoiler about Kylo Ren falling to the Dark in Rey's place, so it could coincide with that..
@IoJovi

Didn't JJ say that Kylo and Rey had never met before? So, if Ben fell in Rey's place, I guess that could count as way that he "saved" her without having met her.
@ISeeAnIsland

Very true, and yes the DVD Commentary did say that.  

The "falling in Rey's place" rumor would definitely fall under this.
@IoJovi

I asked Pablo a long time ago in regard to what jj said about the forest meeting. I said that in reys vision the film language shows that rey meets kylo and  kylo supposedly has seen rey moments before the physical meeting in the forest. His head snaps round

Pablo gave a winky face and told me to sit tight and see. What jj said would mean physically Meeting her nothing about the vision. There's no denying that rey first sees kylo in the vision before seeing him in the forest. I doubt they physically met before, but non physically meeting?
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 28 Jul - 10:25

Gemini wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

SIX times?
@BigDeal2187

Kenobi lineage would indeed be awesome, but I'm intrigued by the note saying it implies Kylo Ren saved a young Rey.  We know her being left on Jakku and the Jedi Academy fall weren't related, and so I've been under the impression they've never met.  The romantic side of me kind of hopes this part is true, as I'm more of a fan of them simply having visions of each other.  

There is the spoiler about Kylo Ren falling to the Dark in Rey's place, so it could coincide with that..
@IoJovi

Didn't JJ say that Kylo and Rey had never met before? So, if Ben fell in Rey's place, I guess that could count as way that he "saved" her without having met her.
@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

I asked Pablo a long time ago in regard to what jj said about the forest meeting. I said that in reys vision the film language shows that rey meets kylo and  kylo supposedly has seen rey moments before the physical meeting in the forest. His head snaps round

Pablo gave a winky face and told me to sit tight and see. What jj said would mean physically Meeting her nothing about the vision. There's no denying that rey first sees kylo in the vision before seeing him in the forest. I doubt they physically met before, but non physically meeting?
@Gemini

Yes, I am absolutely a fan of them meeting previously in a vision.  If they met before though, when Rey was young?  I don't know, it just kind of takes the mystery (and yes, romanticism) out of it.  I never cared for the fanfics that came out before bloodlines that showed Ben saving Rey as a child right as he turned to the Darkside, as I felt it was too convoluted.  If they met in some other way physically before, it still has that chance, but obviously I haven't seen the movie yet, so I'll reserve judgement. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Fri 28 Jul - 12:24

spacebaby45678 wrote:
BigDeal2187 wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:I would be intrigued if the lines Obi says are "new" but I think that most Obi's line have been identified in Rey's vision. But, my interest is piqued.
@spacebaby45678

I honestly didn't know it was six but maybe they're counting them differently. Are they all identified/listed at https://thereykenobifiles.tumblr.com and https://geminiwankenobi.tumblr.com?
@BigDeal2187

The 6 things Obi says... are the same six unless there is something new? I understand in the next trailer there will be more Obi Wan voices..

@spacebaby45678

Aha. Thanks.
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Fri 28 Jul - 12:26

Gemini wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

SIX times?
@BigDeal2187

@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

@Gemini

Yes, this was the first thing I thought of:

BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 28 Jul - 13:14

IoJovi wrote:
Gemini wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
IoJovi wrote:

SIX times?
@BigDeal2187

@IoJovi

@ISeeAnIsland

@IoJovi

@Gemini

Yes, I am absolutely a fan of them meeting previously in a vision.  If they met before though, when Rey was young?  I don't know, it just kind of takes the mystery (and yes, romanticism) out of it.  I never cared for the fanfics that came out before bloodlines that showed Ben saving Rey as a child right as he turned to the Darkside, as I felt it was too convoluted.  If they met in some other way physically before, it still has that chance, but obviously I haven't seen the movie yet, so I'll reserve judgement. Smile
@IoJovi

Remember when we were all talking and trying to figure out how time travel (or elements of it) could be woven into the ST, given that JJ, Rian, and Colin had all worked on major projects where that was a component?

What if the "Ben fell in Rey's place" thing is related to that? I had a thought--what if the "time travel" element is more subtle or in a vision... Something like what happened with Bran and Hodor...where Bran's vision wound up influencing future events? Say, Ben saw Rey in a vision, and it caused him to do something differently, changing the courses of both of their lives?

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 28 Jul - 13:52

I still believe Kylo has Obi-wan's saber in the force back. I also think Kylo seemingly saving Rey in the vision is going to be the key to something. Someone on tumblr thinks Salad Bowl looks a lot like a Praetorian Guard.
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini on Fri 28 Jul - 15:35

ReyofLightSide wrote:I still believe Kylo has Obi-wan's saber in the force back. I also think Kylo seemingly saving Rey in the vision is going to be the key to something. Someone on tumblr thinks Salad Bowl looks a lot like a Praetorian Guard.
@ReyofLightSide

I'm pretty darn sure he has a saber which shows him Rey. It looks alarmingly like obi wans but I can't be 100 percent sure, I'm about 75 percent sure it's obi wans
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 28 Jul - 16:05

OMG somebody made an infographic about Rey's Force vision?! I suddenly feel less self conscious about the amount of time and brain cells I've devoted to those 51 seconds. Also a little bit envious.

If Rey and Ben had met previously, wouldn't he recognize based on the 3 buns hairstyle alone? I figured that was the point of a grown woman wearing her hair in a childhood style, so that the people who left her on Jakku would be able to identify her now that she's older? Also if she was left there around 5 years old, that means he'd was 14 years old at the time. So either he somehow was running around on Jakku at 14 years as a teenage deliquent and runs into her? Otherwise it'd have to be early and that would mean she was a toddler and he was a tween. Like how could they even work out that type of chance encounter if you get the impression that he was still living with Leia in the Capitol and given the Jakku hints, Rey's parents might've been trying to stay on the radar and living on the outskirts (queue the Qui-Gonn hint from TPM which I think gets referenced for her about how "this is a place where you find nomads, scavengers, and other people trying to hide.").

The saber thing, still a possibility! And the # of quotes, including a brand new one by Ewan McGregor, that's more than just fun callbacks for nostalgia's sake. She has *some* kind of connection to Obi-Wan, especially how the man named after him is at the center of her vision.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 28 Jul - 17:00

snufkin wrote:OMG somebody made an infographic about Rey's Force vision?! I suddenly feel less self conscious about the amount of time and brain cells I've devoted to those 51 seconds. Also a little bit envious.

If Rey and Ben had met previously, wouldn't he recognize based on the 3 buns hairstyle alone? I figured that was the point of a grown woman wearing her hair in a childhood style, so that the people who left her on Jakku would be able to identify her now that she's older? Also if she was left there around 5 years old, that means he'd was 14 years old at the time. So either he somehow was running around on Jakku at 14 years as a teenage deliquent and runs into her? Otherwise it'd have to be early and that would mean she was a toddler and he was a tween. Like how could they even work out that type of chance encounter if you get the impression that he was still living with Leia in the Capitol and given the Jakku hints, Rey's parents might've been trying to stay on the radar and living on the outskirts (queue the Qui-Gonn hint from TPM which I think gets referenced for her about how "this is a place where you find nomads, scavengers, and other people trying to hide.").

The saber thing, still a possibility! And the # of quotes, including a brand new one by Ewan McGregor, that's more than just fun callbacks for nostalgia's sake. She has *some* kind of connection to Obi-Wan, especially how the man named after him is at the center of her vision.
@snufkin

Yeah, I'm not convinced at this point that she's Obi-Wan's granddaughter/the product of a secret affair. But I AM convinced that she does have an important connection to Obi-Wan...at the least, I think he'll turn out to be her Fairy Godfather in the force or something like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 28 Jul - 17:19

@ISeeAnIsland - maybe there was a sperm bank on Tatooine and it's like a Jedi version of The Kids Are Alright! Agreed on the Fairy Godfather or some kind of spiritual guide because Ewan McGregor did say that he was speaking to her through the Force.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 28 Jul - 20:02

I don't care how much fanboys  & Pabs et al  make fun of shippers, the biggest shipping sap in Star Wars fandom is Daddy Star Wars himself George Lucas... plenty of subtext especially on Satine's part to know what really went down...lol  Twisted Evil Obi did not believe in Luck yet Rey says she is Lucky and to Finn in TFA isn't that Lucky because once upon a time Obi Wan got lucky, if you know what I mean... Twisted Evil double entendre's and inside jokes that will have context later Laughing

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Fri 28 Jul - 20:55

The timelines for "Kylo saved Rey," especially "Kylo saved Rey as a child." don't add up. I mean, they don't.

Kylo Men
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 28 Jul - 22:36

Yeah even right after I finally saw TFA and ran across the "he dumped her on Jakku after killing the other padawans and wiping her mind" theories, it made absolutely no sense. Like a 14 year old could be a cold blooded mastermind with advanced mind control abilities when he's shown at 28-29 years old as constantly going off mission and screwing up.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 28 Jul - 22:57

spacebaby45678 wrote:I don't care how much fanboys  & Pabs et al  make fun of shippers, the biggest shipping sap in Star Wars fandom is Daddy Star Wars himself George Lucas... plenty of subtext especially on Satine's part to know what really went down...lol  Twisted Evil Obi did not believe in Luck yet Rey says she is Lucky and to Finn in TFA isn't that Lucky because once upon a time Obi Wan got lucky, if you know what I mean... Twisted Evil double entendre's and inside jokes that will have context later Laughing

@spacebaby45678

I love this!

I totally forgot that Pablo isn't a fan of the shipper crowd. I can totally see Pabs face when Filoni first presented the "Obi-Wan had a girlfriend...and may or may not have knocked her up" idea. The horror! Twisted Evil   lol!
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sat 29 Jul - 10:27

I don't think he saved her in the past- I think he WILL save her. Just like the Force vision of her running into him in the forrest was a future thing but in present day it was not exactly the same.

The only way I could see him saving her in the past is if he and the KOR were on Jakku looking for something and little Rey got in the middle of something. But the landscape etc don't look like Jakku to me.
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Sat 29 Jul - 14:48

ReyofLightSide wrote:I don't think he saved her in the past- I think he WILL save her. Just like the Force vision of her running into him in the forrest was a future thing but in present day it was not exactly the same.

The only way I could see him saving her in the past is if he and the KOR were on Jakku looking for something and little Rey got in the middle of something. But the landscape etc don't look like Jakku to me.
@ReyofLightSide

Ya the timeline doesn't work for Kylo Ren saving Rey in the past, and it's contrary to what JJ said about them never having met.

I agree with the idea/theory that Kylo Ren WILL save Rey (though I'm not sure that it will play out the same way we saw in the forceback).  I mean, if you're a story writer, and you know that Kylo Ren and Rey share a connection, and if Kylo Ren is going to be redeemed, then what's the best way to do that given everything that happened in TFA?  You have Kylo Ren/Ben Solo save Rey's life!  It's a way to get Kylo to turn back in a sudden/dramatic way (though I'm sure there will still be after effects) without drawing out the story too long for time's sake, it parallels Vader saving Luke, it's a way to get Rey to start trusting Kylo, and it's a way to get the general audience to begin sympathizing with him.  The last two are especially important in order to make a redemption arc work for Kylo given what he did in TFA. And he will have to pay for his sins, so to speak, which is why I'm speculating that he'll lose a hand in the process (which would also continue the Skywalker-losing-hands tradition). Kylo/Ben saving Rey would also do away with the Mary Sue complaints (which are bogus to begin with but whatever).

Of course I could be totally wrong about all this, but I guess I like the idea that it would also mirror Anakin saving Obi-Wan in AOTC.
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Sat 29 Jul - 19:46

Well, it is possible, I suppose, that a 13-year-old Ben Solo, Jedi Academy freshman, somehow saved a 3-year-old Rey. But that would not be storyline that ties into the rest of the story the way you would expect it to or that it would need to to build drama.

Kylo Men
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Sun 30 Jul - 1:45

Ok so most of you probably remember something about this here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-rumors-who-is-669997

I wanted to find that article back because I wanted to verify that the casting rumour was something that surfaced AFTER Lawrence Kasdan and JJ Abrams took over the script writing from Arndt.  It did.

This is why.  Here's a quote from Lawrence Kasdan in an interview from November of 2015:

https://www.wired.com/2015/11/lawrence-kasdan-qa/

So if you're Lawrence Kasdan and you're writing a new Star Wars movie and you need a new main "Jedi" protagonist who happens to share a "connection" with the grandson of Anakin Skywalker, what do you do?
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sun 30 Jul - 4:08

BigDeal2187 wrote:Ok so most of you probably remember something about this here:

I wanted to find that article back because I wanted to verify that the casting rumour was something that surfaced AFTER Lawrence Kasdan and JJ Abrams took over the script writing from Arndt.  It did.

This is why.  Here's a quote from Lawrence Kasdan in an interview from November of 2015:

So if you're Lawrence Kasdan and you're writing a new Star Wars movie and you need a new main "Jedi" protagonist who happens to share a "connection" with the grandson of Anakin Skywalker, what do you do?
@BigDeal2187

Oh wow! I remember when this was discussed on this thread over a year ago. It's a good reminder though that Kenobi has and always will be a central part of the SW saga. It would be a disservice to the franchise not to give Obi-Wan a legacy/bloodline to keep the Skywalker/Kenobi balance. They are the proverbial yin and yang. You cannot have one without the other.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by bashfulblueeyes3 on Sun 30 Jul - 8:27

I love Obi Wan Kenobi. Rey's character reminds me of Obi Wan. I can't see JJ Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan, not including Obi Wan some how. He is just as important as the Skywalkers, in my opinion.

bashfulblueeyes3
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 30 Jul - 12:32

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
BigDeal2187 wrote:Ok so most of you probably remember something about this here:

@BigDeal2187

Oh wow! I remember when this was discussed on this thread over a year ago. It's a good reminder though that Kenobi has and always will be a central part of the SW saga. It would be a disservice to the franchise not to give Obi-Wan a legacy/bloodline to keep the Skywalker/Kenobi balance. They are the proverbial yin and yang. You cannot have one without the other.
@TheBastardofMandalore

I find that GL's view of Obi Wan to be WAY more nuanced than the general Star Wars fandom. George in no way puts Obi on a pedestal. Interesting.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sun 30 Jul - 19:16

BigDeal2187 wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:@beastofmandalore
@reylo1992
@gemini
@BigDeal2187

Ok yall, what are Leia and Rey talking about? It looks like a super serious conversation. Lawd! Please no I am yo mama moment....Please bring me back from the edge. Oh by the way, I heard on Tumblr that the cut on Rey's arm is a bad paint job.
@spacebaby45678

I don't think it's a bad paint job as it's the one Hasbro chose to display at SDCC.  And this photo of this other Rey figure confirms she has a cut/wound on her arm:

So I'll stick with my theory for now I guess.
@BigDeal2187

Wow! a better view of Rey's arm injury.... bounce
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Sun 30 Jul - 20:49

spacebaby45678 wrote:
BigDeal2187 wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:@beastofmandalore
@reylo1992
@gemini
@BigDeal2187

Ok yall, what are Leia and Rey talking about? It looks like a super serious conversation. Lawd! Please no I am yo mama moment....Please bring me back from the edge. Oh by the way, I heard on Tumblr that the cut on Rey's arm is a bad paint job.
@spacebaby45678

I don't think it's a bad paint job as it's the one Hasbro chose to display at SDCC.  And this photo of this other Rey figure confirms she has a cut/wound on her arm:

So I'll stick with my theory for now I guess.
@BigDeal2187

Wow! a better view of Rey's arm injury.... bounce
@spacebaby45678

I found something for it:

lol
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 31 Jul - 12:28

SIX times?
@BigDeal2187

I just noticed that this account has been suspended. (@starwarstuff) Any idea what happened?

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum