The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 25 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 1 Aug - 5:15

Oh geez, call me slow here, but I never considered that Rey and Kylo's "intertwined destinies" could allude to a Skywalker/Kenobi relationship. I've always been really into the Rey Kenobi theory, but have been trying to keep my hopes low on that one. But now that I think about what their "strange connection" could be, I feel like it's slapping us in the face.
Also Kylo's "You're just a scavenger?" and "There's something...who are you?" Shocked
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 1 Aug - 6:13

What do the Kenobi theorists think about romance happening, though? I'm starting to think that Rey being a Kenobi would equal less chance for romance with Kylo (although, to me, it'd make a romance more epic!).

Kenobi and Skywalker team up would be inevitable, but perhaps they'd keep the relationship platonic so that it'd feel more like Anakin and Obi Wan, only on an opposite trajectory. Friends turned enemies vs. enemies turned friends (or more than that? Wink)
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Tue 1 Aug - 7:16

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@BigDeal2187 wrote:Did you guys see these tweets from Starwarsstuff yet?

SIX times?
@BigDeal2187

I just noticed that this account has been suspended. (@starwarstuff) Any idea what happened?
@ISeeAnIsland

Ya I just checked and their account is still suspended. I don't know for sure what happened to them but I'm guessing that Twitter's built-in algorithm detected what it thought was fake/bot account activity and suspended it automatically. That would be my best guess but I can't say for sure.
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Tue 1 Aug - 13:34

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:What do the Kenobi theorists think about romance happening, though? I'm starting to think that Rey being a Kenobi would equal less chance for romance with Kylo (although, to me, it'd make a romance more epic!).

Kenobi and Skywalker team up would be inevitable, but perhaps they'd keep the relationship platonic so that it'd feel more like Anakin and Obi Wan, only on an opposite trajectory. Friends turned enemies vs. enemies turned friends (or more than that? Wink)
@Cowgirlsamurai

To me Rey being a Kenobi would mean that the romance between her and a Skywalker is inevitable. Obi loved Anakin, truly loved him, that was Obi's ultimate downfall and why he could not finish Anakin off on Mustafar, which he should have and was his mission. I think because this is a Saga a Rey Kenobi/Ben Solo relationship writes itself, and that is one of the reasons her identity/lineage is kept as a mystery, because it would tip the ultimate ending. The full circle. This intertwined destiny has always made sense to me IF Rey is a Kenobi, it just fits, no explanation needed. the audience will get it.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 1 Aug - 17:12

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:What do the Kenobi theorists think about romance happening, though? I'm starting to think that Rey being a Kenobi would equal less chance for romance with Kylo (although, to me, it'd make a romance more epic!).

@Cowgirlsamurai

To me Rey being a Kenobi would mean that the romance between her and a Skywalker is inevitable. Obi loved Anakin, truly loved him, that was Obi's ultimate downfall and why he could not finish Anakin off on Mustafar, which he should have and was his mission. I think because this is a Saga a Rey Kenobi/Ben Solo relationship writes itself, and that is one of the reasons her identity/lineage is kept as a mystery, because it would tip the ultimate ending. The full circle. This intertwined destiny has always made sense to me IF Rey is a Kenobi, it just fits, no explanation needed. the audience will get it.
@spacebaby45678

And let's not forget the purposefully done UST between the characters in TFA.  I don't think most of us would be on this board if it wasn't for that.  That has to go somewhere, and they're not going to leave it hanging.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 1 Aug - 19:28

@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@spacebaby45678

I forgot about the, "I love you!" line. Please let there be a Kenobi/Skywalker relationship  I love you  It makes so much sense. bounce
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 2 Aug - 2:17

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@spacebaby45678

I forgot about the, "I love you!" line. Please let there be a Kenobi/Skywalker relationship  I love you  It makes so much sense. bounce
@Cowgirlsamurai

@iojovi

If and when we find out Rey is a Kenobi I am gonna cry ugly tears

When Ben Solo falls in love with Rey Kenobi (if Rey is a Kenobi) there will be be a tsunami of fugly tears...

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 2 Aug - 2:32

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@spacebaby45678

@Cowgirlsamurai

@iojovi

When Ben Solo falls in love with Rey Kenobi (if Rey is a Kenobi) there will be be a tsunami of fugly tears...

@spacebaby45678

I am an ugly crier when it comes to just about anything movie.  I tear up at the drop of a hat.

I BALLED my eyes out the end of Revenge of the Sith back in the day.  It was a culmination of that last scene between Obi Wan and Anakin, followed by the twins being separated, while Burning Homestead played in the background.  It got me right in the feels.  

Hubby had to calm me down on the way home.  Laughing

Heck, at the first sign of Reylo UST come December I'll probably be crying!!! Laughing
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 2 Aug - 5:59

@Iojovi

We watched ROTS the other day for the first time since Carrie's passing, and I burst into tears when Bail Organa handed baby Leia to his wife and Leia's theme played. I wasn't expecting it, but I totally cried my eyes out. Who knows what I'll tear up at watching the next two ST movies, but I better bring some tissues! Crying or Very sad
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 2 Aug - 9:59

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@spacebaby45678

@Cowgirlsamurai

@iojovi

@spacebaby45678
@iojovi
@Cowgirlsamurai

I will bawl if they do the epic Han and Leia lines from ESB but in reverse.

Ben Solo: I love you!
Rey: I know!

I love you
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Wed 2 Aug - 10:51

Okay, so, another random theory...literally it just popped into my brain 10 minutes ago...regarding Ahosoka's whereabouts, after her battle with Vader, at the end of Rebels season 2. There is a good possibility that she survived. If so, where would she go? What if she's with Korkie? If Korkie does have force abilities (if he is Obi and Satine's son), who better to train him than his old...teacher... Confus

TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Wed 2 Aug - 19:10

Came across this: https://www.cineworld.co.uk/blog/the-last-jedi-rey-obi-wan-iflr-sarah-buddery

Nothing really new though. In fact she could have made a much more effective and compelling case but hey I'll take it.
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 2 Aug - 21:57

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Okay, so, another random theory...literally it just popped into my brain 10 minutes ago...regarding Ahosoka's whereabouts, after her battle with Vader, at the end of Rebels season 2. There is a good possibility that she survived. If so, where would she go? What if she's with Korkie? If Korkie does have force abilities (if he is Obi and Satine's son), who better to train him than his old...teacher... Confus

@TheBastardofMandalore

When is the premier of Rebels season 4? Will we or won't we hear or see any sign of Korkie?
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 3 Aug - 3:20

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Okay, so, another random theory...literally it just popped into my brain 10 minutes ago...regarding Ahosoka's whereabouts, after her battle with Vader, at the end of Rebels season 2. There is a good possibility that she survived. If so, where would she go? What if she's with Korkie? If Korkie does have force abilities (if he is Obi and Satine's son), who better to train him than his old...teacher... Confus

@TheBastardofMandalore

When is the premier of Rebels season 4? Will we or won't we hear or see any sign of Korkie?
@spacebaby45678

Season 4 is set to premier this fall. Unfortunately a definitive date has not been announced yet. We should be getting one soon though. It was early August last year when they announced the September premier date for season 3.

As for Korkie, I really hope we get to see him. Seeing that this is the last season I'm optimistic that he will make an appearance. After all, Tiya Sircar (Sabine) did say at SW Celebration, this past April, that the ruler of Mandalore will be shocking and would be the last person audiences would expect (i.e. Sabine or Bo-Katan). She got real quiet and gave Dave a sideways glance as if afraid she gave away too much. I will see if I can find the video. I think it was during the Rebels panel. There's a lot of loose ends in the Mando storyline and Korkie is one of them. We shall see I guess. bounce
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 3 Aug - 12:35

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@TheBastardofMandalore

@spacebaby45678

Season 4 is set to premier this fall. Unfortunately a definitive date has not been announced yet. We should be getting one soon though. It was early August last year when they announced the September premier date for season 3.

As for Korkie, I really hope we get to see him. Seeing that this is the last season I'm optimistic that he will make an appearance. After all, Tiya Sircar (Sabine) did say at SW Celebration, this past April, that the ruler of Mandalore will be shocking and would be the last person audiences would expect (i.e. Sabine or Bo-Katan). She got real quiet and gave Dave a sideways glance as if afraid she gave away too much. I will see if I can find the video. I think it was during the Rebels panel. There's a lot of loose ends in the Mando storyline and Korkie is one of them. We shall see I guess. bounce
@TheBastardofMandalore

I think the audience would expect Bo or Sabine, so Korkie maybe? mmm... the plot thickens. I wish they would have brought Mandolore into the ST it is so much more exciting than Crait and the gambling planet ( forget the name) to me the Stakes are so much higher when it involves the Mando's
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 3 Aug - 17:47

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@TheBastardofMandalore

@spacebaby45678

@TheBastardofMandalore

I think the audience would expect Bo or Sabine, so Korkie maybe? mmm... the plot thickens. I wish they would have brought Mandolore into the ST it is so much more exciting than Crait and the gambling planet ( forget the name)  to me the Stakes are so much higher when it involves the Mando's
@spacebaby45678

Agreed! The Mandos would be a hit with the audience if brought into the ST. I believe they will at some point. Not only to serve story purposes but they would be a merchandising gold mine as well.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Thu 3 Aug - 19:42

@TheBastardofMandalore

Cool! I have no doubt Ahsoka survived because you see her for an instant in the background as Vader limps off. With the damage Vader obviously received there (that's a slow limp, it looks like one of his legs is non-functional), there's little doubt in my mind that if Ahsoka survived, it is she who allowed him to survive, rather than the other way around. Think about that for a second - Ahsoka chooses to spare Vader over doing her duty as a member of the Rebellion. In that moment, she abandons the Rebellion. We still don't know where Korkie ends up in the Galactic Civil War of the OT. In fact, we know next to nothing about Ahsoka or the Mandalorians during the OT. I'm rooting for that to be factored in to the ST. That would make sense if Rey is a Kenobi.
fuhry
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sat 5 Aug - 7:56

OMG, this is too cute! You're welcome! Wink I love you
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 5 Aug - 17:39

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:OMG, this is too cute! You're welcome! Wink I love you
@TheBastardofMandalore

You just know we are going to get some kind of speech just like that from Luke
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Wed 9 Aug - 21:27

Just putting this out there...

and

and

EW article here: http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/09/star-wars-last-jedi-rey-luke-skywalker-daisy-ridley-mark-hamill/

The two Obi-Wan mentions by Breznican don't surprise me, but it's the two Obi-Wan mentions by Mark Hamill that have piqued my curiosity.  Is he mentioning him in passing, or giving away some of the thought process behind the story writing?
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Wed 9 Aug - 22:05

Seriously after reading this I love the Rey Kenobi idea even more. What Mark Hamill asks "but does he not know her?" I mean finding out she's related to Obi-Wan I think would matter to him. It would make him feel like he's not alone. And he can help her as Obi-Wan helped him, and together they can live up to "what Obi-Wan wanted him to be."
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 9 Aug - 22:51

@BigDeal2187 wrote:Just putting this out there...

and

and

EW article here: http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/09/star-wars-last-jedi-rey-luke-skywalker-daisy-ridley-mark-hamill/

The two Obi-Wan mentions by Breznican don't surprise me, but it's the two Obi-Wan mentions by Mark Hamill that have piqued my curiosity.  Is he mentioning him in passing, or giving away some of the thought process behind the story writing?
@BigDeal2187

This current "dark" Luke is exactly like Obi Wan, who had invested too much in Anakin and did not see his dark side until it was too late which of course led to tragic consequences.

Great catch by the way! I love it!
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Thu 10 Aug - 1:28

@Acritiqua wrote:Seriously after reading this I love the Rey Kenobi idea even more. What Mark Hamill asks "but does he not know her?" I mean finding out she's related to Obi-Wan I think would matter to him. It would make him feel like he's not alone. And he can help her as Obi-Wan helped him, and together they can live up to "what Obi-Wan wanted him to be."
@Acritiqua

I really like the sound of that - finding a common ground that they could work from to filful both their potentialities.

@Spacebaby45678 That last paragraph reminds me of the shot of Luke atop of Ache To - looking out and very evocative of a yearning, to be that better person that Obi wan had predicted and perhaps that opportunity has faded.

I'm not sure if that made sense. I want to contribute more but I can't always transfer whats happening in my head on a keyboard, but I shall keep trying.
MrsWindu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 10 Aug - 11:02

@MrsWindu wrote:
@Acritiqua wrote:Seriously after reading this I love the Rey Kenobi idea even more. What Mark Hamill asks "but does he not know her?" I mean finding out she's related to Obi-Wan I think would matter to him. It would make him feel like he's not alone. And he can help her as Obi-Wan helped him, and together they can live up to "what Obi-Wan wanted him to be."
@Acritiqua

I really like the sound of that - finding a common ground that they could work from to filful both their potentialities.

@Spacebaby45678 That last paragraph reminds me of the shot of Luke atop of Ache To - looking out and very evocative of a yearning, to be that better person that Obi wan had predicted and perhaps that opportunity has faded.

I'm not sure if that made sense. I want to contribute more but I can't always transfer whats happening in my head on a keyboard, but I shall keep trying.
@MrsWindu

No worries, I got you completely! The more voices and opinions the better.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 11 Aug - 21:46

http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/11/the-last-jedi-rey-family/

Anthony Breznican is still on the Rey Kenobi train!

"Now, The Last Jedi will finally resolve the question that fans have been debating for two years.

This article, obviously, won’t spoil anything. The theory I’m holding onto is still this one."

http://ew.com/article/2015/07/08/star-wars-force-awakens-obi-wan-theory/

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum