The Last Jedi: Rey takes her first steps toward uncovering her family history

Obi-Wan Kenobi, "Rey, These Are Your First Steps."

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:47 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:Haha! The Clue is in the title...

@spacebaby45678

I watched that vision scene with my son just yesterday and re wound it several times so he could hear this line....until yesterday he hadn't made the connection how could the voice of Obi Wan know who Rey was when she's often referred to as 'the girl' He is convinced now.
MrsWindu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 1:51 pm

@MrsWindu wrote:

@spacebaby45678

I watched that vision scene with my son just yesterday and re wound it several times so he could hear this line....until yesterday he hadn't made the connection how could the voice of Obi Wan know who Rey was when she's often referred to as 'the girl' He is convinced now.
@MrsWindu

Let's hope! Crossing fingers and toes... lol But, seriously the scenario that this expose from EW have laid out for both Luke & Kylo only a Kenobi can fit into perfectly symbolically if that makes sense?
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:15 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@MrsWindu wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@MrsWindu

Let's hope! Crossing fingers and toes... lol But, seriously the scenario that this expose from EW have laid out for both Luke & Kylo only a Kenobi can fit into perfectly symbolically if that makes sense?
@spacebaby45678

Now he's excited for a probable Obi Wan stand alone film but that's another thread

MrsWindu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:18 pm

@MrsWindu wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@MrsWindu wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@MrsWindu

@spacebaby45678

Now he's excited for a probable Obi Wan stand alone film but that's another thread

@MrsWindu

Ugh, besides "Rey Parentage" waiting for the Obi Wan stand alone announcement has been excruciating but with all the LF shenanigans don't know when they will pull the trigger
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 2:36 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@MrsWindu wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@MrsWindu wrote:

@spacebaby45678

@MrsWindu

@spacebaby45678

@MrsWindu

Ugh, besides "Rey Parentage" waiting for the Obi Wan stand alone announcement has been excruciating but with all the LF shenanigans don't know when they will pull the trigger
@spacebaby45678

Oh gosh lets just not go there lol. But agree there is a symbolic Kenobi shaped hole that needs to be filled
MrsWindu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 5:56 pm

At this point my hopes for Rey Kenobi are quite high. I keep trying to keep them down to reasonable levels because I would be disappointed if I come to love this too much and it doesn't happen. But part of me is afraid I already love it too much. (Although I'm not personally a Rey Mando fan myself.)
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 9:37 pm

@Acritiqua wrote:At this point my hopes for Rey Kenobi are quite high. I keep trying to keep them down to reasonable levels because I would be disappointed if I come to love this too much and it doesn't happen. But part of me is afraid I already love it too much. (Although I'm not personally a Rey Mando fan myself.)
@Acritiqua

The Mandos are an acquired taste for sure
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 10:27 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:http://ew.com/movies/2017/08/11/the-last-jedi-rey-family/

Anthony Breznican is still on the Rey Kenobi train!

"Now, The Last Jedi will finally resolve the question that fans have been debating for two years.

This article, obviously, won’t spoil anything. The theory I’m holding onto is still this one."

http://ew.com/article/2015/07/08/star-wars-force-awakens-obi-wan-theory/

@spacebaby45678

I came here wondering if someone had mentioned this yet.  Cool

It is somewhat reassuring to know that Breznican didn't see or hear anything to make him change his mind.  And I don't think he'd have any ulterior motives for pointing out his theory again would he?  Nah.

BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDeal2187 on Fri 11 Aug 2017, 10:28 pm

@Acritiqua wrote:At this point my hopes for Rey Kenobi are quite high. I keep trying to keep them down to reasonable levels because I would be disappointed if I come to love this too much and it doesn't happen. But part of me is afraid I already love it too much. (Although I'm not personally a Rey Mando fan myself.)
@Acritiqua

I totally hear you.
BigDeal2187
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 3:01 am

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Acritiqua

@spacebaby45678

Agreed! They definitely take some getting used too. For me it's kind of an opposites attract affinity for the Mandalorians. I'm a very laid back, chill person and they are a planet full of crazy drama llamas. I'm also a huge GoT fan and Mandalore is Star Wars answer to Westeros in my opinion.

But, like many of us on this thread, I will be ecstatic if Rey does end up being a Kenobi; regardless of her origins (i.e. Non-Mando)
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 3:57 am

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Acritiqua

@spacebaby45678

Agreed! They definitely take some getting used too. For me it's kind of an opposites attract affinity for the Mandalorians. I'm a very laid back, chill person and they are a planet full of crazy drama llamas. I'm also a huge GoT fan and Mandalore is Star Wars answer to Westeros in my opinion.

But, like many of us on this thread, I will be ecstatic if Rey does end up being a Kenobi; regardless of her origins (i.e. Non-Mando)
@TheBastardofMandalore

Agreed, but that is why I am still hoping that Rey is Mando, Star Wars needs other Drama Lama's besides the Skywalkers
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sat 12 Aug 2017, 4:39 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@Acritiqua

@spacebaby45678

@TheBastardofMandalore

Agreed, but that is why I am still hoping that Rey is Mando, Star Wars needs other Drama Lama's besides the Skywalkers
@spacebaby45678

Well, Star Wars is all about balance.... Wink
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 14 Aug 2017, 2:23 am

I was browsing SW Funko Pop Vinyl figures on the "Her Universe - Fashion for Fan Girls" website today and came across this...
Look who's in the middle of the Mando row. Is Ashley trying to give her patrons a hint regarding Rey's origins?  lol!

For those who don't know, the founder of "Her Universe" is Ashley Eckstein. She is the voice of Ahsoka in Clone Wars and Rebels.

Last edited by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 14 Aug 2017, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 14 Aug 2017, 4:36 am

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:I was browsing SW Funko Pop Vinyl figures on the "Her Universe - Fashion for Fan Girls" website today and came across this...
Look who's in the middle of the Mando row. Is Ashley trying to give her patrons a hint regarding Rey's origins?  lol!

For those who don't know, the founder of "Her Universe" is Ashley Eckstein. She is the voice if Ahsoka in Clone Wars and Rebels.
@TheBastardofMandalore

Ashley should quit teasing. Don't lead me on! Twisted Evil this is a good catch cheers
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:20 pm

If this is true, I only ask that Louis C.K. gets a cameo as some dude who gets flustered anytime Obi-Wan talks to him!

'Star Wars' Obi-Wan Kenobi Film in the Works (Exclusive)

The Oscar-nominated director behind Billy Elliot and The Hours is in early talks to direct a Star Wars standalone movie centering on Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Sources say talks are at the earliest of stages and that the project has no script. If a deal makes, Daldry would oversee the development and writing with Lucasfilm brass. It's not known at this stage if Ewan McGregor will reprise his role.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:39 pm

@snufkin wrote:If this is true, I only ask that Louis C.K. gets a cameo as some dude who gets flustered anytime Obi-Wan talks to him!

The Oscar-nominated director behind Billy Elliot and The Hours is in early talks to direct a Star Wars standalone movie centering on Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Sources say talks are at the earliest of stages and that the project has no script. If a deal makes, Daldry would oversee the development and writing with Lucasfilm brass. It's not known at this stage if Ewan McGregor will reprise his role.
@snufkin

Any Obi Wan standalone without Ewan is a NO GO!
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:58 pm

@spacebaby45678 - it would be up there with the 'reboot' of Hellboy, like why would you do it if it's not Ron Perlman (or del Toro)?! And this is definitely the situation where I can't think of a reason why anybody would be interested if it wasn't Ewan McGregor, people love the character in equal parts thanks to both him and Sir Alec Guinness.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 2:59 pm

@snufkin wrote:@spacebaby45678 - it would be up there with the 'reboot' of Hellboy, like why would you do it if it's not Ron Perlman (or del Toro)?! And this is definitely the situation where I can't think of a reason why anybody would be interested if it wasn't Ewan McGregor, people love the character in equal parts thanks to both him and Sir Alec Guinness.
@snufkin

Exactly, and no prequels to the prequels LF! Evil or Very Mad
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:03 pm

@spacebaby45678 wrote:
@snufkin wrote:If this is true, I only ask that Louis C.K. gets a cameo as some dude who gets flustered anytime Obi-Wan talks to him!

@snufkin

@spacebaby45678
I was just thinking the same. I thought Ewan's performance just improved over the course of the PT and I would be very upset at the thought of someone else being cast for that role. They wouldn't dare would they ? My sons generation grew up and identifies Ewan with him as Obi Wan rather than Alec
MrsWindu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:06 pm

@spacebaby45678 - recasting Leia for IX is a different situation because of a tragedy, like people would be sad but care about the character and know that Carrie Fisher felt a lifelong responsibility to what Leia means to the audience. But in this case, getting somebody else to play Obi-Wan would be like the Star Wars' equivalent to On Her Majesties' Secret Service. Which isn't a bad movie, just if you watch it and imagine Connery as Bond, it would've been the best Bond film of all time instead of that franchise's equivalent to the PT.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:09 pm

I would hope they cast Ewan - because, well, what a missed opportunity would that be?! - but in case this does tie in with Rey Kenobi, and the story dates back to when Satine was still alive, they'd probably have to re-cast.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:22 pm

It has to tie with Rey Kenobi somehow...
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:29 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I would hope they cast Ewan - because, well, what a missed opportunity would that be?! - but in case this does tie in with Rey Kenobi, and the story dates back to when Satine was still alive, they'd probably have to re-cast.
@Darth Dingbat

They can definitely do some Satine flashbacks.. Reynobi yes or no
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 3:30 pm

@MrsWindu wrote:
@spacebaby45678 wrote:

@snufkin

@spacebaby45678
I was just thinking the same. I thought Ewan's performance just improved over the course of the PT and I would be very upset at the thought of someone else being cast for that role. They wouldn't dare would they ? My sons generation grew up and identifies Ewan with him as Obi Wan rather than Alec
@MrsWindu

Ewan and Alec are almost seamless

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum