The Rey Kenobi Files

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Rey Kenobi Files

Post by Acritiqua on Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 2:17

It would have to be hidden than Ewan is in the movie.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 8:10

spacebaby45678 wrote:So the "sea monster" that Rey fights does not look very threatening

@spacebaby45678

It looks like a cross between a worm and a manatee. You're right, it doesn't look threatening at all. It has a very placid appearance. I'm hoping this isn't "the" sea monster that's been rumored... Neutral
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 8:18

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
spacebaby45678 wrote:So the "sea monster" that Rey fights does not look very threatening

@spacebaby45678

It looks like a cross between a worm and a manatee. You're right, it doesn't look threatening at all. It has a very placid appearance. I'm hoping this isn't "the" sea monster that's been rumored... Neutral
@TheBastardofMandalore

It is! I just don't know how one "fights" it exactly. It looks more like it wants to be petted and fed.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 1 Sep 2017 - 15:13

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Mon 4 Sep 2017 - 3:04

This screen shot of Rey is from the front cover to Pabs new visual dictionary for TLJ, using a defensive stance from form 3 Soresu, like Obi Wan

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Wed 6 Sep 2017 - 17:33

Rey and Kylo are almost two halves of our protagonist Rian Johnson

Siege: Star Wars Legends (Clone Wars Gambit)

“It was a challenge with the Obi-Wan/Anakin fight, because we had to work out how you would fight somebody when it’s like fighting yourself. We did loads of sections where exactly that happened- where they just couldn’t get through because they match each other perfectly.” ~ Nick Gillard, Swordmaster/Stunt Coordinator for the PT... ROTS DVD Commentary

like fighting yourself #it’s like fighting yourself #even the stunt coordinator acknowledges obi-wan and anakin are-as stover put it-complementary halves of a single warrior #two halves of a whole #and even the stunt coordinator was clearly very aware that #the broken bond between them needed to be the most important thing among all the action #bless you nick gillard #wonderful at your job and you go the extra mile and care this much about characterization too.

The “how to use film language to demonstrate that they are two halves of a whole, checklist”
"Fighting with yourself
They mirror each other a lot in the snow fight"
@gemini

1. Duplicate shots, CHECK
Both run right, both hit a tree, both split the tree in half and it falls over the exact same way

2. Mirroring choreography, CHECK

http://geminiwankenobi.tumblr.com/post/141232383249/mirroring-opposites-and-the-personification-of
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 7 Sep 2017 - 21:42

Okay, so I came across an interesting Tweet from Pablo today...

These two "Space Operas" by Leigh Brackett have some interesting parallels to rumors we have heard regarding TLJ and the new trailer for Rebels season 4. See my veeeery condensed synopses of both stories below. I might have to see if I can find copies of these online.

The first story "The Sword of Rhiannon" is about a archeologist turned thief, time travel, an ancient artifact of great power and an ancient "Prometheus" like being who was sealed inside a tomb for millions of years as punishment for sharing his power/knowledge. He is called "The Cursed One". Oh, and the Martian city where his tomb is....Jekkara. Gee, I wonder where they got their inspiration for Jakku?

...and the next opera "The Hounds of Skaith" is about a young man (who has a lot of similarities to Ezra) who becomes a leader of a pack of nine hounds that must obey his every whim. However, if he strays from his path, the pack will turn on him.

Is it just me or is Pabs teasing us?

lol!
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 7 Sep 2017 - 21:53

That is interesting at least because The Sword of Rhiannon (though I keep misreading that as Rihanna) has a familiar sounding plot point

Wikipedia wrote:Carse is taken captive by Lady Ywain of Sark and becomes a galley slave on her ship...Ywain realises that Carse possessed the Sword of Rhiannon and they attempt to extract the location of the tomb from his mind. Carse resists

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Thu 7 Sep 2017 - 22:53

Dum-Dum-Duuum Dum Dum-Dum Dum Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night and wouldn't you love to love her ....

Kylo Men
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 8 Sep 2017 - 1:17

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Okay, so I came across an interesting Tweet from Pablo today...

These two "Space Operas" by Leigh Brackett have some interesting parallels to rumors we have heard regarding TLJ and the new trailer for Rebels season 4. See my veeeery condensed synopses of both stories below. I might have to see if I can find copies of these online.

The first story "The Sword of Rhiannon" is about a archeologist turned thief, time travel, an ancient artifact of great power and an ancient "Prometheus" like being who was sealed inside a tomb for millions of years as punishment for sharing his power/knowledge. He is called "The Cursed One". Oh, and the Martian city where his tomb is....Jekkara. Gee, I wonder where they got their inspiration for Jakku?

...and the next opera "The Hounds of Skaith" is about a young man (who has a lot of similarities to Ezra) who becomes a leader of a pack of nine hounds that must obey his every whim. However, if he strays from his path, the pack will turn on him.

Is it just me or is Pabs teasing us?

lol!
@TheBastardofMandalore

Snoke = The Cursed One? Luke = Archaeologist or Rey's Parent = Archaeologist ? Rey has the sword of Rhiannon and she does not know it?

Stevie Nicks absolute best performance of Rhiannon - "dreams undwind loves a state of mind... "

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 8 Sep 2017 - 1:45

Leigh Bracket wrote the first treatment for ESB

@TheBastardofMandalore

Review of The sword of Rhiannon Genre Planetary Romance

Reading this book it becomes clear just how much the top blockbuster movie franchises owe to the pulp era. Protagonist Matthew Carse, ex-fellow of the Interplanetary Society of Archeologists, makes for a very credible Indiana Jones figure. In fact, the basic outline of the story here is a wild search for the Martian equivalent of the Ark of the Covenant. And given that Brackett had a hand in developing the plot of the first Star Wars sequel, it’s no surprise that themes of redemption play a prominent role here as well. It’s shocking to think how influential she must have been. If you passed over the pulps because you thought they would read like a bad episode of “Lost in Space”,

http://www.castaliahouse.com/retrospective-the-sword-of-rhiannon-by-leigh-brackett/

If you look at the cover art of the natives on The Sword of Rhiannon, from the back the natives look like some concept art from Ian McCaig done for TFA, also the natives of Jakku

The protagonist, Matthew Carse, is an ideal Brackett hero. Within this one character, a reader can see how much George Lucas borrowed from reading Leigh Brackett.
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 8 Sep 2017 - 10:35

@spacebaby45678 - it still blows my mind that she co-wrote the screenplay for Howard Hawks' The Big Sleep with William Faulkner. Which is one of *the* most iconic classic Hollywood and film noir films ever. Oh and mentored Ray Bradbury. Ever since I got interested in her, reading about her role in the OT, the standard line from a lot of diehard fanboys that her influence was supposedly negligible. Because she died after writing the first draft of ESB and subsequent drafts by Lucas and Kasdan were different. But there's been pushback against that argument, because like you said it's clear how much the type of space operas she wrote had an influence on the OT. Not just what part of her vision helped inform ESB, but in just how her work in that genre made it into the types of settings, themes, and characters.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 8 Sep 2017 - 12:49

snufkin wrote:@spacebaby45678 - it still blows my mind that she co-wrote the screenplay for Howard Hawks' The Big Sleep with William Faulkner. Which is one of *the* most iconic classic Hollywood and film noir films ever. Oh and mentored Ray Bradbury. Ever since I got interested in her, reading about her role in the OT, the standard line from a lot of diehard fanboys that her influence was supposedly negligible. Because she died after writing the first draft of ESB and subsequent drafts by Lucas and Kasdan were different. But there's been pushback against that argument, because like you said it's clear how much the type of space operas she wrote had an influence on the OT. Not just what part of her vision helped inform ESB, but in just how her work in that genre made it into the types of settings, themes, and characters.
@snufkin

I read a lot of Bradbury growing, I think her influence on Bradbury was romance, his books always had a little "romance" which is one of the reasons I enjoyed his work
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 8 Sep 2017 - 19:02

Spot the pacifist Kryze...Which one is it? A or B?

A)

B)

I'm betting the second one is Korkie. The one that looks like it has the fresh paint job and has never seen battle. LOL! Not only that, it looks like he's at a remote base camp of some sort. Very similar to the Protectors hideout on Concord Dawn. The images are from the Rebels season 3 DVD in the "Return to Mandalore" bonus material. Oh, and apparently Bo-Katan has a noble title like her (late) sister, Satine. But instead of Duchess, she is Lady Bo-Katan of House Kryze.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 9 Sep 2017 - 1:28

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:Spot the pacifist Kryze...Which one is it? A or B?

A)

B)

I'm betting the second one is Korkie. The one that looks like it has the fresh paint job and has never seen battle. LOL! Not only that, it looks like he's at a remote base camp of some sort. Very similar to the Protectors hideout on Concord Dawn. The images are from the Rebels season 3 DVD in the "Return to Mandalore" bonus material. Oh, and apparently Bo-Katan has a noble title like her (late) sister, Satine. But instead of Duchess, she is Lady Bo-Katan of House Kryze.
@TheBastardofMandalore

Wow, so help me. How do we know that this armor is pacifist? So the Kryze are nobility outside of serving in government, cool! So what does that make Korkie? Duke?
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Sat 9 Sep 2017 - 3:21

@spacebaby45678

"Wow, so help me. How do we know that this armor is pacifist? So the Kryze are nobility outside of serving in government, cool! So what does that make Korkie? Duke?"

Yeah, if Satine legitimately named Korkie her heir, then Duke would make sense for his title. Or Archduke would be a cool title too.

LOL! No way to know really regarding the armor.  I figured the armor with the least amount of battle scars would be a sign of someone who doesn't go looking for fights much. I found it to be an amusing contrast by two members of the same House. Wink
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 9 Sep 2017 - 3:49

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:@spacebaby45678

"Wow, so help me. How do we know that this armor is pacifist? So the Kryze are nobility outside of serving in government, cool! So what does that make Korkie? Duke?"

Yeah, if Satine legitimately named Korkie her heir, then Duke would make sense for his title. Or Archduke would be a cool title too.

LOL! No way to know really regarding the armor.  I figured the armor with the least amount of battle scars would be a sign of someone who doesn't go looking for fights much. I found it to be an amusing contrast by two members of the same House. Wink
@TheBastardofMandalore

Ok cool! Bo in the new trailer for Rebels, she has freckles... in animation Rey always has freckles

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Tue 12 Sep 2017 - 17:35

Whoever stocks the shelves at my local Target must be a fan of the Rey Kenobi (Mando origins) theory.
geek
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 16:12

I was watching "47 Ronin" the other night and I couldn't help but notice the story had some interesting parallels to Satine and the Protectors of Mandalore. It's a historical fantasy about a group of ronin (rogue samurai) who were exiled after the death of their benevolent leader/master, Asano. Incidentally this leader was killed via a nefarious plan hatched by a rival samurai and an evil witch. Hmmm!? Sounds like Pre Viszla and Maul to me...

Anyway, before his death, Asano had taken in a foundling half-breed boy named Kai who was shunned by the other samurai due to his mixed heritage. The ronin scattered after their exile and Kai was sold into slavery. In order to avenge their master and retake their homeland the ronin seek out Kai realizing that he is the key to their quest.

I know that the Jedi in the SW universe were heavily inspired by old Japanese movies. I'm wondering if "47 Ronin" inspired the LF Story Group when they were developing the Protectors for SW Rebels as well? The parallels are quite striking. Also, Kai seemed very Korkie-ish to me.

TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Thu 21 Sep 2017 - 17:13

TheBastardofMandalore wrote:I was watching "47 Ronin" the other night and I couldn't help but notice the story had some interesting parallels to Satine and the Protectors of Mandalore. It's a historical fantasy about a group of ronin (rogue samurai) who were exiled after the death of their benevolent leader/master, Asano. Incidentally this leader was killed via a nefarious plan hatched by a rival samurai and an evil witch. Hmmm!? Sounds like Pre Viszla and Maul to me...

Anyway, before his death, Asano had taken in a foundling half-breed boy named Kai who was shunned by the other samurai due to his mixed heritage. The ronin scattered after their exile and Kai was sold into slavery. In order to avenge their master and retake their homeland the ronin seek out Kai realizing that he is the key to their quest.

I know that the Jedi in the SW universe were heavily inspired by old Japanese movies. I'm wondering if "47 Ronin" inspired the LF Story Group when they were developing the Protectors for SW Rebels as well? The parallels are quite striking. Also, Kai seemed very Korkie-ish to me.

@TheBastardofMandalore

Interesting, I am a HUGE Keanu fan yet I have never seen 47 Ronin probably due to the bad reviews, I will rectify this immediately.  I don't know enough about the Protectors, however I just read a great theory about them and Satine on tumblr 

https://theboywhocan11.tumblr.com/post/.../the-da-vinci-code-a-rey-kenobi-theory?.

I do find it curious that we have heard absolutely nothing about a Mandalorian of any kind for TLJ, when we know Boba Fett first shows up in ESB & Obi meets Jango & Boba in AOTC... very curious! Not even a hint for nostalgia even?  Confus Confus
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Sat 23 Sep 2017 - 11:32

“The Academy has taught us well” Korkie Kryze -

The Academy - The Clone Wars
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Today at 4:55

Obi AOTC & Rey TLJ

spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi Today at 8:30

spacebaby45678 wrote:Obi AOTC & Rey TLJ

@spacebaby45678

Haha! I was just comparing these pics yesterday! (& watching the Mandalore TCW eps. on Youtube) Very Happy
kroi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum