ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15

Post by panki on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:25 am

Justin Theroux is in TLJ?!?!?!?!? Am a huge fan of his ever since I saw him in the movie Mulholland Drive. I guess he is the guy who jumps out of the exploding car and misses getting blown up.

@Darth Dingbat wrote:This is most likely fake, but gosh, I wish it weren't. Kylo looks pretty good in the last still. Laughing

What intrigues me about that last shot is that it looks like the sort of editorial Annie Leibovitz does these days - photoshopped to high heavens.

And the other bits of footage are very intriguing as well.

But yes: most likely fake, but at least something to talk about?!
@Darth Dingbat

It is a pretty good fake, if it even if a fake. But let me for a moment assume it is authentic....

1. The ruins look like an observatory of sorts. The bird creature flying near it could be either one of these canon creatures:

- A Convoree (an Ahsoka, Malachor, Bendu link); or

- A Jubba bird (a FS reptillian bird that lives on force strong places like Dagobah, makes an unusual and haunting sound and is a prized pet. It could match the rumors of Luke having a weird pet in Episode Cool

2. The seated hooded figure looks like Kylo...the shadow removing its hood could be interpreted as Kylo being torn apart in some way. The lights surrounding him could be airholes in the hut, which let the daylight through...hence they are bright in comparison to the dark interior?

3. The lightsaber on the altar looks like a burnt version of Vader's lightsaber. Maybe Kylo wanted to find it?

4. The lighting in the burnt Vader's helmet bit looks like it might be a flashback of the jedi temple burning event 5-6 years before TFA or just after Anakin's funeral on Endor.

5. Kylo's scar looks like a longer version of Anakin's scar, not some noticeable wide thing. His hair is moving in the wind as well and he looks a bit healthier. Is he wearing a blue-grey costume beneath his old burnt jedi cloak?

Last edited by panki on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:26 am

SWNN has confirmed the "leak" was fake. Though to be honest, it's the most convincing fake leak we've had until now. So kudos to whoever did it. Wink

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:35 am

@Irina de France wrote:SWNN has confirmed the "leak" was fake. Though to be honest, it's the most convincing fake leak we've had until now. So kudos to whoever did it. Wink
@Irina de France

Has Disney/LF also confirmed it is a fake? If it is fake, the maker would have spent a decent amount of money on making it.

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:57 am

@panki wrote:
@Irina de France wrote:SWNN has confirmed the "leak" was fake. Though to be honest, it's the most convincing fake leak we've had until now. So kudos to whoever did it. Wink
@Irina de France

Has Disney/LF also confirmed it is a fake? If it is fake, the maker would have spent a decent amount of money on making it.
@panki

That's the puzzling part, isn't it? Someone has gone to all the trouble to stage this, CGI it, edit it to look as convincing as possible. Weird.

Good point about the saber looking like Vader's saber burnt up! I can see that now.

Someone on Reddit enhanced screenshots of the video, and it does look like a kneeling figure in a dark cape is taking off his helmet:

http://imgur.com/a/yRJog

Again, I'm not saying it's real, but it's a weird thing.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 11:18 am

The image of Adam looks the way he did at Cannes, but I have never seen that particular angle before. He had light facial hair at the event, despite the fact that there were (albeit blurry) photos of what looked like him walking up to the Ahch-To set the previous day (he was still wearing the white t-shirt from when he'd arrived at the airport). So he was filming that weekend, without being clean-shaven, and I had assumed they were shooting scenes only of masked Kylo. But, Kylo might have some scruff after all.

I was yelled at/ganged up on elsewhere for saying Kylo's scar would be considered a spoiler because it probably would not look the same as it did at the end of TFA. If this image is real then lulz I was right. Razz I kind of hope it is, because the scar is subtle and Kylo does not appear to be on his way to becoming "more machine than man" which would suggest a darker, Darth Vader 2.0 route. He looks beautiful and healthy.

Also I seem to recall that there were toys removed of Kylo with a large red scar. Maybe because they were inaccurate.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 11:23 am

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@panki wrote:
@Irina de France

@panki

That's the puzzling part, isn't it? Someone has gone to all the trouble to stage this, CGI it, edit it to look as convincing as possible. Weird.

Good point about the saber looking like Vader's saber burnt up! I can see that now.

Someone on Reddit enhanced screenshots of the video, and it does look like a kneeling figure in a dark cape is taking off his helmet:

http://imgur.com/a/yRJog

Again, I'm not saying it's real, but it's a weird thing.
@Darth Dingbat

The 2014 "Leaked test footage" was a fake but this new one, if not real, is a really good fake. It may be raw footage but they wouldn't have the shadow of Kylo showing by the cave and also the cape looks cheap from behind.

Is Vader's mask a flashback? Cause he wouldn't be "finding" it again. Does he just carry it around now?
Why does Kylo have stubble? Also I think his Adam's hair was longer when filming?

I think Kylo will have a pretty visible scar.They went thru the trouble of Rey slashing him on the side Han touched his face. I reallllyyyy hope we don't see a Phantom type mask for Adam, even though the concept art was a drawing of him.
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 11:44 am

Elsewhere somebody pointed out that it looks a bit like video game footage. I'm not a gamer so I wouldn't know, but I guess that would explain why the footage looks kind of real but also kind of fake. A bit like he cinematic trailers for SWTOR.

Which would make sense if Forces of Destiny, which by the looks of the trademark registrations is going to be a big deal of a game, is some kind of a tie-in to TLJ.

But, yeah. I suppose I just like some things about that video so much that I cling to the slight hope it isn't 100% fake Laughing
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 2:35 pm

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 2:37 pm

@Darth_Awakened

Nice hair on Rey. It's pretty consistent on what's been shown so far as far as her hair style is concerned...

Now we just need Kylo to undo that little clip on top and the trope will be complete...
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 2:47 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

Nice hair on Rey. It's pretty consistent on what's been shown so far as far as her hair style is concerned...

Now we just need Kylo to undo that little clip on top and the trope will be complete...
@IoJovi

It also lends weight to the rumor that the Kylo/KoR fight will happen in the first third or half of the movie, given that Rey supposedly still had her hair up at that point. If it happened at the end of the movie, we wouldn't be seeing all of these Rey-with-hair-down pics on all of the merch and packaging.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 3:10 pm

New t-shirt designs are up as well, including one that gives a somewhat better view of Rey's costume change:

ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 3:15 pm

Is it just me who still thinks that costume looks almost identical to her desert costume? The arm wraps are identical, and now it seems like the tunic and belt are pretty much similar too.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 3:16 pm

The upper part of a costume is definitely darker.

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 3:21 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:The upper part of a costume is definitely darker.

@Darth_Awakened

Yes, it is darker. There is also a samurai vibe to the "skirt" as well. At the same time, it is similar with the V-neckline and the armbands. It looks like a kind of evolution or "darker, more warrior, 2.0 version" of her first outfit. I like it being darker. :-)
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 3:32 pm

True, it looks darker - though it's hard to say from a black-and-white drawing. But I'm surprised the design itself is so very similar.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 3:34 pm

It's similar, but I don't think it's the same. It's possible that she's re-purposed the over-wrap thing into sort of a tunic.

Also remember that with the Rey ornament (which IMO, is wearing the same costume we're seeing here), Rey is wearing a completely new pair of pants and boots on her bottom half.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 3:46 pm

So as the trailer leak has been debunked, Reddit also resolved the mystery of the video that the picture was taken from (it is the interview by The Hollywood Reporter) and a poster made the comparison pics:

funny, they added ears  lol!

SkyStar

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 3:50 pm

Rey's costume looks a bit like the costume worn Kendo practitioners.....I have a feeling TLJ will be a lot like the old samurai theme movies, especially after watching the Rebels episode where Kanan trains Sabine.

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofWands on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 5:46 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:New t-shirt designs are up as well, including one that gives a somewhat better view of Rey's costume change:

@ISeeAnIsland

And... if they put black armbands, she'll look like Kylo!

AceofWands
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 6:20 pm

Wow they really are going to keep Kylo hidden aren't they? And I was so used to him being on virtually every piece of merch. I'm really sad about this but at least it will keep me from buying way to much merch for a while? XD
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 6:26 pm

This is just more ammunition for people saying Rey, Finn and Poe are the new trio and Kylo is not important. Kinda dissapointed but maybe they want have his new looks cape, maybe modification for his helmet and scar saved for fans or trailer maybe. As long as his new design is worth that hype and hiding him. I'm cool with them somehow.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 6:30 pm

In all honesty, Poe felt like he was inserted in heavily into the rest of the movie "just because" and I think it's because it showed how he was going to be killed off originally as the beginning scenes with him were way better.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:36 pm

@Acritiqua wrote:In all honesty, Poe felt like he was inserted in heavily into the rest of the movie "just because" and I think it's because it showed how he was going to be killed off originally as the beginning scenes with him were way better.
@Acritiqua

In the early drafts, Poe was an older war veteran, Snoke was an attractive woman, Kylo was a terminator style jedi killer, Rey/Kira lived in a swamp being raised by a grandfather type and Finn/Sam went through rituals (by aliens) once he escaped to be transformed into a hero.....characters and scripts evolve.

Poe wasn't a last minute insertion. If you go by the Art of TFA book, he underwent many iterations and is explicitly called one of the main characters....the fact that they had a comic series dedicated to his parents months before the release of TFA means his backstory was decided quite some time back, not a last minute addition.

Vader had barely 12 minutes and Leia had only a couple of lines in ANH....and they weren't characters "inserted" in the movie. I would wait for TLJ to make a call on Poe's importance to the story.

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 10:00 pm

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Is it just me who still thinks that costume looks almost identical to her desert costume? The arm wraps are identical, and now it seems like the tunic and belt are pretty much similar too.
@Darth Dingbat

I'm glad Luke has clothing dye & a sewing machine on his island so Rey can re-make her old outfit! Wink Laughing
kroi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Wed 29 Mar 2017, 10:04 pm

Because I'm a dork I've already thought about Rey's wardrobe. Perhaps she brought many changes of clothes on the Falcon and naturally is adept at making her own clothing anyway so she can re-use things from previous outfits she made.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum