ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 15

Post by snufkin on Thu 20 Apr - 22:05

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:That's how he copes with his nephew's fall to the dark side. It would also explain why he's "insane" and "talks to animals" LOL
@Cowgirlsamurai

Lucasfilm, like Grateful Dead, is from Marin County. So Rey's "acid trip" description for the vision in TFA immediately makes my brain go in that direction. Especially because it's 4/20 today.

@Helix - Ha! Space Hippie Luke and his straight edge nephew.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 20 Apr - 22:18

I really am curious about the link between Kylo and Rey in that. We all know force bond is a popular thing in the fandom for then in fics and what not, but what's the possibility of actually getting something like one between them on film? This is something fans have been predicting/pointing out, really makes me wonder how it'll play out if that 4chan post is true.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 20 Apr - 22:26

@Helix wrote:I really am curious about the link between Kylo and Rey in that. We all know force bond is a popular thing in the fandom for then in fics and what not, but what's the possibility of actually getting something like one between them on film? This is something fans have been predicting/pointing out, really makes me wonder how it'll play out if that 4chan post is true.
@Helix

That's a fantastic question, isn't it. I doubt it will be called exactly that (Force bond), but JJ already hinted that they have a mysterious connection, and Kylo seemed to be mentally offering her information (skills or otherwise) on that cliff side in the snow. Reylo can happen without it, but it'd be a missed opportunity if they didn't play it up, even if it's subtle.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 20 Apr - 22:30

@IoJovi wrote:
@Helix wrote:I really am curious about the link between Kylo and Rey in that. We all know force bond is a popular thing in the fandom for then in fics and what not, but what's the possibility of actually getting something like one between them on film? This is something fans have been predicting/pointing out, really makes me wonder how it'll play out if that 4chan post is true.
@Helix

That's a fantastic question, isn't it. I doubt it will be called exactly that (Force bond), but JJ already hinted that they have a mysterious connection, and Kylo seemed to be mentally offering her information (skills or otherwise) on that cliff side in the snow. Reylo can happen without it, but it'd be a missed opportunity if they didn't play it up, even if it's subtle.
@IoJovi

Yeah, I don't think they'll actually use the term. They might just call it a 'connection' and leave it at that. We also know she saw into his mind and possibly knows things about him that we don't yet that may be revealed in TLJ.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 20 Apr - 22:32

http://culturess.com/2017/02/14/star-wars-rey-kylo-ren-connection/

This anti-Reylo article made me laugh, especially the title.

What I want to know is what Disney/Lucasfilm are trying to make people think with the "strange connection" teasing. Most people online seem to interpret it as either Rey and Ren are related, or going to fall in love, which are completely different relationships. The above article is like "Duh, they can both use the Force. That's it. That's the connection."
I find it strange that Disney would want people to be confused over whether these two are cousins or potential lovers. JJ even said that they want to steer away from any suggestion of incest in this new trilogy, so what is it that they WANT us to wonder about in regards to Rey and Kylo?
Are adult fans just reading too much into all this? Is it just supposed to be two Force users with lonely backgrounds who can sympathize with each other despite being on opposite sides (who would also just happen to make an attractive couple  Smile )? OR is it that they are teasing at a romance with the understanding that people should've picked up from TFA that they aren't related? Argh, I cant make up my mind.
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 20 Apr - 22:33

@Helix

The deleted scene (with Finn in the infirmary) would seem to point towards some sort of Force connection (even if they don't call it a Force bond). However, I'm more in the camp of thinking that Rey and Kylo are two pieces of a prophecy/have intertwined destinies, if we have to choose one thing.

The other thing that, to me, lends weight to the 4chan rumor is that at the TLJ panel, we got several stills and trailer shots of Rey exploring the island, apparently a lone, and in the same costume/with the same hair that she is wearing when she arrives on Ahch-To, which would point to those shots happening fairly early. I don't think that it's a stretch that the Luke we saw might disappear for a segment in Act I of TLJ.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Thu 20 Apr - 22:33

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:No one I've discussed TFA with found Snoke remotely scary. If he is the big bad something has got to change in TLJ. There is stuff implied like his manipulation of Ben Solo, although that's not been touched on in the movies as yet, it's all been implied in the novelisation (which the majority of the GA won't have read) and the Aftermath trilogy (ditto r.e the GA). It's not sounding very promising for making Snoke a decent villain in TLJ, at least not on paper based on the spoilers. We have talked about some ancient evil creeping on innocents before birth, and it sounds like we are getting Space Hugh Hefner with his lavish Trump Tower spaceship! The fact he's all CGI and puppetry isn't giving me much confidence, either. Mind you, I do love Yoda and he always felt real to me. I don't know, I'm just not seeing it at the moment. Maybe if he took Hux out early on in some display of what he's really capable of that would be something. But if he's just going to be some feeble creature pottering about in his curly toed slippers and gold robe, it might even make me think less of Kylo for being in the thrall of him. Right now I'm thinking of something like Smithers to Mr Burns, and that's not good!
@Mrs Ben Solo

This. It is hard to believe that Kylo could not see trough Snoke if he was dressed as ridiculous as that. Of course, his materialistic side could have shown later, but still... I can't really understand why he is siding with Snoke? If Snoke was an ascetic monk - ok. But Space Hefner? Feels like a bit too dumb of Kylo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 20 Apr - 22:36

Snoke buys him all the cool stuff Luke wouldn't let him have. Razz

Don't read this part if you value...anything

Spoiler:
Sugar Daddy Snoke.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Thu 20 Apr - 22:37

@SkyStar wrote:
Mrs Ben Solo wrote:No one I've discussed TFA with found Snoke remotely scary. If he is the big bad something has got to change in TLJ. There is stuff implied like his manipulation of Ben Solo, although that's not been touched on in the movies as yet, it's all been implied in the novelisation (which the majority of the GA won't have read) and the Aftermath trilogy (ditto r.e the GA). It's not sounding very promising for making Snoke a decent villain in TLJ, at least not on paper based on the spoilers. We have talked about some ancient evil creeping on innocents before birth, and it sounds like we are getting Space Hugh Hefner with his lavish Trump Tower spaceship! The fact he's all CGI and puppetry isn't giving me much confidence, either. Mind you, I do love Yoda and he always felt real to me. I don't know, I'm just not seeing it at the moment. Maybe if he took Hux out early on in some display of what he's really capable of that would be something. But if he's just going to be some feeble creature pottering about in his curly toed slippers and gold robe, it might even make me think less of Kylo for being in the thrall of him. Right now I'm thinking of something like Smithers to Mr Burns, and that's not good!
@Mrs Ben Solo

This. It is hard to believe that Kylo could not see trough Snoke if he was dressed as ridiculous as that. Of course, his materialistic side could have shown later, but still... I can't really understand why he is siding with Snoke? If Snoke was an ascetic monk - ok. But Space Hefner? Feels like a bit too dumb of Kylo.
@SkyStar

I agree with you, but maybe it's not how Snoke looks and lives that lured Kylo in. I think it's what he's whispered in young Ben's impressionable and vulnerable mind. 

Ben probably wanted acceptance and validation, and if his loved ones couldn't give that, he would feel betrayed and cling to the person who says all the right things.

Best example always is Edmund Pevensie and the White Witch. He was awed by her and what she could provide him. He was 'nice' to him. Maybe Snoke was nice to Ben too. 

Major creeper vibes I know.
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 20 Apr - 22:40

@IoJovi wrote:
@Helix

@IoJovi

Space Skype! We already can sort of tell that he at least has it with his mommy.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 20 Apr - 22:41

@SkyStar wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@SkyStar

That would seem to support the idea that whatever Kylo's personal mission is, it's something where he's making a personal sacrifice for the greater good. Perhaps it's a situation where while he disagrees with Snoke on some level, aligning himself with Snoke is the only way that Kylo thinks he can "finish what his grandfather started". (Granted, this theory is contradicted by the robotic "no, the supreme leader is wise" line on the bridge.)
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 20 Apr - 22:51

Really makes you wonder how awful the thing he found out about Luke and Jedi was to make him think siding with Snoke/the FO was the right choice. I agree he probably sees them as the 'lesser evil.'
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 20 Apr - 23:05

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@SkyStar

That would seem to support the idea that whatever Kylo's personal mission is, it's something where he's making a personal sacrifice for the greater good. Perhaps it's a situation where while he disagrees with Snoke on some level, aligning himself with Snoke is the only way that Kylo thinks he can "finish what his grandfather started". (Granted, this theory is contradicted by the robotic "no, the supreme leader is wise" line on the bridge.)
@ISeeAnIsland

It all makes me wonder about Kylo being brainwashed or reconditioned somehow. I agree with @SkyStar in that I originally thought Snoke would be some kind of ancient evil monastic character, living in some dusty old ruins somewhere. This seemed in keeping with Kylo's dark space monk/crusader/non-materlistic/back to basics aesthetic. Now we hear that Snoke is some kind of Hugh Hefner/Donald Trump figure and I'm worried that makes Kylo his Jared Kushner or Paul Ryan! Something just isn't adding up for me. If Kylo is there completely voluntarily I just don't know what to make of that. It seems like the First Order is made up of a hotch potch of crooked politicians, criminal gangs and all manner of other shady characters. The more I think about it the more I'm baffled how an apprentice Jedi with seemingly no taste for the high life or titles (Leia said in Bloodline she didn't think Ben would be interested in the Governor of Birren title) ended up with a bunch of crooks led by Snoke, who just sounds ridiculous at this point. I guess it's all very current with the political situation in the US (and other parts of the world) but it really isn't what I thought was being set up in TFA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 20 Apr - 23:48

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@SkyStar wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@SkyStar

@ISeeAnIsland

It all makes me wonder about Kylo being brainwashed or reconditioned somehow. I agree with @SkyStar in that I originally thought Snoke would be some kind of ancient evil monastic character, living in some dusty old ruins somewhere. This seemed in keeping with Kylo's dark space monk/crusader/non-materlistic/back to basics aesthetic. Now we hear that Snoke is some kind of Hugh Hefner/Donald Trump figure and I'm worried that makes Kylo his Jared Kushner or Paul Ryan! Something just isn't adding up for me. If Kylo is there completely voluntarily I just don't know what to make of that. It seems like the First Order is made up of a hotch potch of crooked politicians, criminal gangs and all manner of other shady characters. The more I think about it the more I'm baffled how an apprentice Jedi with seemingly no taste for the high life or titles (Leia said in Bloodline she didn't think Ben would be interested in the Governor of Birren title) ended up with a bunch of crooks led by Snoke, who just sounds ridiculous at this point. I guess it's all very current with the political situation in the US (and other parts of the world) but it really isn't what I thought was being set up in TFA.
@Mrs Ben Solo

On the other hand, if you think about ascetic Mediaeval/Renaissance crusader monks, vs. the Pope who really was no ascetic at all...
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn on Thu 20 Apr - 23:55

What source is saying that Snoke is like Hefner or Trump? Good god no! We have enough of that in reality without it in fiction too! Sad
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum