ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: The Last Jedi Trailer(s) - 1

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:24 pm

I wonder if he'll get an upgraded lightsabre?
I think he'll have one that's more stable but I think they'll keep the 'crossguard', it's so distinctive.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:28 pm

I agree, enough with his eyes. I've said it before I'll say it again. I was in the room with the big image on screen. THEY ARE BROWN.

He's NOT getting a cloudy eye, he's NOT getting yellow sith eyes, and he's NOT BLIND.

There is a FILTER on that image, like all of Rian's pictures had from the panel.

If he didn't have yellow eyes after KILLING HIS FATHER he's not going to have them now. Anakin got them after his worst crimes.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:28 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The photo was clearly shot with some kind of pale filter. His skin looks totally grey (like a vampire, lol). Kylo isn't a Sith, Snoke isn't a Sith and neither of them is going to have yellow eyes. It's boggling my mind that this is getting as much attention as it is when we have an entire trailer full of a shattered mask and Rey saying "light and darkness, balance, it's so much bigger!", shots of Kylo all Byronic and the poster featuring the Ahch-To trio.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Thanks for that, Fizz. Laughing I can see the filter now and you're right, everything is grey or lighter in that photo - not just his eyes.

Good point about Snoke also not having yellow eyes...
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:30 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:I agree, enough with his eyes. I've said it before I'll say it again. I was in the room with the big image on screen. THEY ARE BROWN.

He's NOT getting a cloudy eye, he's NOT getting yellow sith eyes, and he's NOT BLIND.

There is a FILTER on that image, like all of Rian's pictures had from the panel.

If he didn't have yellow eyes after KILLING HIS FATHER he's not going to have them now. Anakin got them after his worst crimes.
@Xylo Ren

Good news, now everyone can rest easy - our boy's not going dark!! Smile
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:34 pm

The eyes are not yellow!

Just throwing in my Pablo-like sedation for the current issue:

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:36 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:The photo was clearly shot with some kind of pale filter. His skin looks totally grey (like a vampire, lol). Kylo isn't a Sith, Snoke isn't a Sith and neither of them is going to have yellow eyes. It's boggling my mind that this is getting as much attention as it is when we have an entire trailer full of a shattered mask and Rey saying "light and darkness, balance, it's so much bigger!", shots of Kylo all Byronic and the poster featuring the Ahch-To trio.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Thanks for that, Fizz.  Laughing  I can see the filter now and you're right, everything is grey or lighter in that photo - not just his eyes.  

Good point about Snoke also not having yellow eyes...
@IoJovi

Right! And think about anyone who ever did have yellow or red eyes.  It's like a freaking flashlight is lit inside their head!  If Kylo had those eyes there would be no denying it, no question about it, because they would be vivid as hell.   There is a filter on that picture that is washing out his entire face.  Everyone in that FO line-up had some kind of grey filter on them.

And I agree Fizz, we got a trailer and pictures that would have been unimaginable a few days before.  Remember all the bracing ourselves for "eviler and eviler".  Instead, we just got a bunch of information that makes it look like he is going to defect in five minutes and Luke looking like the "dark master" next to the smaller, sadder Ben on the poster! Amazing stuff!!! Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:36 pm

Guys, as an artist I can tell you for sure his eyes aren't yellow! The image is desaturated and they played with color management option, but there's still some color left. Now, every monitor is different (and probably terribly calibrated) and it might appear more gray (or yellow) to some people, and that's why you simply need to open the image in ps or any other photo editor, pick the color and see where it is on a color wheel (how light or dark, or how much saturated it is, doesn't matter) and it shows desaturated BROWN, it's not even close to yellow or orange. Besides, his eyes are dark brown everywhere else

Last edited by Force Ghost on Wed 19 Apr 2017, 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:39 pm

Time for some positivity: The trailer gave us more than we could've hoped for.

1. The light, the darkness, THE BALANCE
2. Unmasked Kylo, not evil, killing spree Kylo
3. Finn in bacta tank (which means those leaks are trustworthy)
4. creepy asf and unstable luke
5. Rey edited as running TOWARDS Kylo
6. Journal of Whills/tree of knowledge
7. Kylo's crushed mask (who would've done that?? HIM!)
8. Luke saying the Jedi must end (goes along with our theory that they're evolving)
9. kickass music

I gasped when I heard Rey say "The Balance". That's got to be the biggest thing to me.

Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:42 pm

I am pretty sure his eyes are not yellow. If you go back to the TFA interrogation and the part where Kylo first walks up to Rey, his eyes look like a light brown due to how they're lit and that was with a warmer light.
This is very stark and even his hair looks washed out.
Also, no sith=no sith eyes.

Last edited by ReyofLightSide on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:43 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I wonder if he'll get an upgraded lightsabre?
I think he'll have one that's more stable but I think they'll keep the 'crossguard', it's so distinctive.
@motherofpearl1

It's iconic as hell. I mean plenty of people here have this crossguard lightsaber, they won't just let him have other. Toys and other things has to sell but damn I'd love to see him fighting with Vader's lightsaber at some point. As KoR are relic hunters, who knows they might come up with something.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:44 pm

I think this will be the case anyway, but I really hope Kylo doesn't have Sith eyes at any point. Mainly I feel like whatever dark side 'thing' he and Snoke follow/use, the Sith eyes don't happen.

ETA: Unless Kylo becomes a Sith at some point... Then the Sith eyes would make sense to me. But hopefully not!

@IoJovi - sorry if my response was overkill on that.

Last edited by Acritiqua on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:46 pm

Thanks everyone.  I semi regret even bringing this up, but what I do not regret are the answers.  I promise I am not being negative - just wanted the question answered I had in my mind so I could move on.  You guys answered it and then some.  Thank you!!!

@Xylo Ren That list is spot on and everything we have been speculating about for the last year and a half is coming true.  And my favorite piece of the trailer?  Kylo's smashed mask.  You know he did that all himself.  I can see a situation where he is just angry at himself that he's not totally dark after killing his father, and the light pulling at him is unbearable.  He rages and takes it out on his mask.  Poor mask...  If this doesn't scream redemption, I don't know what the hell does...

My god, could this get any better...  bounce Jumping
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:48 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:Time for some positivity: The trailer gave us more than we could've hoped for.

1. The light, the darkness, THE BALANCE
2. Unmasked Kylo, not evil, killing spree Kylo
3. Finn in bacta tank (which means those leaks are trustworthy)
4. creepy asf and unstable luke
5. Rey edited as running TOWARDS Kylo
6. Journal of Whills/tree of knowledge
7. Kylo's crushed mask (who would've done that?? HIM!)
8. Luke saying the Jedi must end (goes along with our theory that they're evolving)
9. kickass music

I gasped when I heard Rey say "The Balance". That's got to be the biggest thing to me.

@Xylo Ren

How dare you to not include Kylo's sexy scar.

I bet next time Rey sees him. She must be like: hahaha he must be ugly, oh f****.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:48 pm

@ReyofLightSide wrote:I am pretty sure his eyes are not yellow. If you go back to the TFA interrogation and the part where Kylo first walks up to Rey, his eyes look like a light brown due to how they're lit and that was with a warmer light.
This is very stark and even his hair looks washed out.
Also, no sith=no sith eyes.
@ReyofLightSide

Fact is, even if Kylo started the film with yellow eyes I'd still expect a redemption arc for him, there is far too much evidence screaming he's going to be saved for it to be otherwise.
I was more concerned about them hiding his beautiful expressive eyes with contact lenses. Now that would be a sin!
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:50 pm

@IoJovi wrote:Thanks everyone.  I semi regret even bringing this up, but what I do not regret are the answers.  I promise I am not being negative - just wanted the question answered I had in my mind so I could move on.  You guys answered it and then some.  Thank you!!!

@Xylo Ren That list is spot on and everything we have been speculating about for the last year and a half is coming true.  And my favorite piece of the trailer?  Kylo's smashed mask.  You know he did that all himself.  I can see a situation where he is just angry at himself that he's not totally dark after killing his father, and the light pulling at him is unbearable.  He rages and takes it out on his mask.  Poor mask...  If this doesn't scream redemption, I don't know what the hell does...

My god, could this get any better...  bounce Jumping
@IoJovi

Or maybe he's already losing faith in Snoke and destroying the mask is the next best thing.
How many bets Kylo will be the one to take down Snoke?
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:51 pm

@DarthRen

10. Kylo's tasteful scar, not a face mutilating trench Wink
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:52 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:The eyes are not yellow!

@Darth_Awakened

Three of my moggies are black...
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:53 pm

@Darth_Awakened wrote:The eyes are not yellow!

@Darth_Awakened

I feel like that cat is looking right into my soul. Just go an idea, imagine Kylo having a pet.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:54 pm

I've joked with @solosidecousin about this before, but there needs to be a running list (or Hell, a Pinterest board because we're supposedly a bunch of empty headed fangirls) with a running list of our best guesses. Which from the trailer and comments about how Rey learns that sometimes you meet people who are heroes and the reality is a lot less inspirational than the fantasy:

* Ben's powers (and possibly Leia's) tend to skew more towards the DS. Something happened to freak out his parents and cause a rift in his relationship with his father. Probably a reminder of what happened on Bespin.

* Ben is packed off to Luke under the assumption that if he could bring their father back to the light, it should be the same way with Ben.

* During the course of his apprenticeship/training with Luke, some of their research/relic hunting reveals something about the nature of the Force which challenges the Orthodoxy that Luke was taught by Obi-Wan and Yoda. Luke is not comfortable with it, possibly keeps that information from Ben.

* Something happens in tandem with the Vader reveal already shown in Bloodline which finally causes an ideological/spiritual rift between Ben and his family. Both Luke's attempts to keep this information from him and/or repress it. And the realization that his mother kept the truth from him about who her biological father was.

* So by opening of the next movie, we can also guess that Snoke murders Hux because he's no longer useful. Both to promote Phasma into a larger military/strategic position of power. And as an example to Kylo about what his father warned him about.

* Either he's dispatched to take out his uncle and Rey or takes off after them in a heightened/angry/desperate state of mind.

* Meanwhile Rey is finding the reality of Luke different from what she imagined. Probably also having a delayed response to the trauma of being left behind on Jakku and having to finally admit to herself that her family could have possibility abandoned her there to die. And in turn starting to piece together what happened between Luke and Ben.

* Learns what happened with the destruction of the Jedi order. That Ben did kill the others, but that probably also about the Vader reveal fallout (we know that people turned on Leia) and that Luke wasn't exactly a good guardian to him.

* Searchers scenario, she starts to figure out that Luke's actions in the past weren't 100% heroic and that he bears some responsibility for both what happened to Ben and to his order.

* Ideological rift, Rey realizes what needs to be done for the Force. Which puts her against Luke. Ben shows up, they fight, and whatever happens after the two of them are forced to actually have a conversation. First time on semi-equal ground, especially if Luke is still a bit bonkers.

* She agrees to finally work with him, is aware of what happened with his uncle and the larger danger they're all in. It's a hard decision given her friendship with Finn and the trust the Resistance has placed in her. And he's probably still trying to be like his dad and run some kind of scam/manipulate her to his ends.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:56 pm

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:As I recall, and I don't have the pictures to hand, but didn't that tree look scorched on those photographs that appeared in the tabloids? The fire might be extinguished before it or its contents are totally destroyed. *Goes to look for the photos*

ETA - Hmm, I'm not sure now, it just looks old and mossy. I guess it depends on whether it starts out in a better condition than that when Rey first arrives on Ahch-To.
@Mrs Ben Solo

The moss has always made me skeptical of the "Kylo burns down the tree" speculation, although I've tried to keep an open mind. If I had to make a call right now, I'd say that whatever tree was burning was in a flashback or vision, and that it is, in fact, a hut that blows up.

Our Bothan buddy was pretty adamant that Kylo and Rey were having a "conversation" (he even corrected someone who assumed it was an argument), and that Luke doesn't like it, gets mad, and "tries to stop them". That doesn't sound like a situation where Kylo blows up whatever dwelling he and Rey are in. I'll bet that Bothan is correct and that it's Luke who blows it up, or I could see a possibility of it being a First Order attack (knowing from the teaser that the Millennium Falcon will be engaging with TIE fighters at some point).
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 2:59 pm

I still have this weird feeling Ben was abducted rather than running away....and wouldn't it have been awful if he'd waited for his family to rescue him, only to discover they'd believed he'd turned willingly to the dark side.
He truly would have been sympathetic to Rey's plight then.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 3:02 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:@DarthRen

10. Kylo's tasteful scar, not a face mutilating trench Wink
@Xylo Ren

But....will Kylo see it as such.

Let's just ponder on his and Rey's first conversation...

Kylo:
"Look what you've done to me."

Rey:
"You're gorgeous."

Some time later...
Luke finds them fertilising the Force tree and blows a gasket..........
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 3:03 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@vaderito wrote:@IoJovi Yellow eyes at the beginning of the movie after Snoke gave him good scolding is no big deal. He can go from yellow eyes back to normal ones when he is far from Snoke's influence. I mean, what's the point of stranding him with Luke and Rey if he's going to be Snoke's Borg drone?
@vaderito

I just don't care for the concept at all though, whether it means he's immersed in the Darkside, or if they became pink signalling he's on his way back to the light!!!  It's cheesy and it takes the focus off of his beautiful face.  I'm grateful the rest of the marketing pieces we've seen shows him with his normal brown eyes, so I'm happy about that.  That makes me think it's just the lighting or the way it was shot, perhaps with a filter.  
@IoJovi

I couldn't agree more. Showing someone has crossed the line to the Darkside by making his eyes turn yellow is beyond cheesy. I really dislike the sole idea, didn't like it in the PT and would hate it in Kylo. Not only because I don't believe he is going eviler but because if he was, this should be shown through acting. Those expressive eyes he has are perfectly capable of showing darkness and evil, no need to spoil the mood and make many of us roll our eyes. Please no. If he becomes a real monster let Adam act the hell out of it, for C**** sake.

Last edited by Reynak on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 3:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 3:04 pm

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I still have this weird feeling Ben was abducted rather than running away....and wouldn't it have been awful if he'd waited for his family to rescue him, only to discover they'd believed he'd turned willingly to the dark side.
He truly would have been sympathetic to Rey's plight then.
@motherofpearl1

Something terrible must've happened to him to hate his family this way or Han at least. He was always close to Leia more than to him probably based on the fact she is Force sensitive and Han is not. Either way being abducted, left there is a reason why Kylo and Rey can connect to each other and relate to one another. Don't think Kylo would have had such a hate for his family, Luke might be also reason for his downfall. It's easy to blame Kylo on everything but he was only a child vulnerable and looking for support and receiving none of it. That must be terrible but antis won't look pass spoiled child, emo kid and terrible villain.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 18 Apr 2017, 3:09 pm

He's full of pain, it's there in his bitterness, in his almost pathetic need for Rey- even in his anger.

This isn't some sulky teenage phase, this is a grown man and someone has hurt him terribly. I wish they'd left the deleted Millennium Falcon scene in; Kylo's torment was so obvious you could feel it.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum