Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by darthbutterfingers on Tue 18 Apr - 11:35

Hi All. First time in this place so forgive me if I stuff something up. I just wanted to say I love the idea of StormRose. When they first introduced the concept of KMTs character and we heard John Boyega gushing over her I suspected there would be a romantic connection between Finn and her character. This is now looking even more likely (although no-one can ever be completely certain until the movie comes out). So at the end of TFA when Rey leaves Finn in the med ward, she kisses him and promises they'll meet again (I can't remember her exact words). I always had the impression she kind of looked on Finn as a heroic figure she might one day explore a romantic connection with. No, I don't believe that Finn and Rey will get together. I'm too much of a Reylo shipper for that. That aside, in Rey's mind I can see she may have seen Finn as possibly something more than a friend in the future. So how is she going to react when she meets up with Finn again and (if it becomes cannon) he's getting all cosy with Rose. Will she be all "Luke Skywalker 'whatever, move on'" (cause she's your sister anyway) or will she be hurt that Finn has taken up with another girl so quick, or maybe she'll just be mad about being the third wheel. I hope I'm not making this about Rey, I can just see a bit of an awkward, drama filled triangle happening there that Finn isn't going to have a clue how to deal with. Maybe it's all too "Jane Austen". Anyway, what do you think the dynamic would be. Maybe Rey won't be phased because by then Kylo will have made his move and she's too busy thinking about him - or maybe this potential little drama pushes Rey Kylo's way. Okay, I should stop speculating here now. What do you think will be the Rey, Finn, Rose dynamic (if it happens)?

darthbutterfingers
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 11
Likes : 60
Date d'inscription : 2017-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 18 Apr - 11:46

@darthbutterfingers wrote:Hi All. First time in this place so forgive me if I stuff something up. I just wanted to say I love the idea of StormRose. When they first introduced the concept of KMTs character and we heard John Boyega gushing over her I suspected there would be a romantic connection between Finn and her character. This is now looking even more likely (although no-one can ever be completely certain until the movie comes out). So at the end of TFA when Rey leaves Finn in the med ward, she kisses him and promises they'll meet again (I can't remember her exact words). I always had the impression she kind of looked on Finn as a heroic figure she might one day explore a romantic connection with. No, I don't believe that Finn and Rey will get together. I'm too much of a Reylo shipper for that. That aside, in Rey's mind I can see she may have seen Finn as possibly something more than a friend in the future. So how is she going to react when she meets up with Finn again and (if it becomes cannon) he's getting all cosy with Rose. Will she be all "Luke Skywalker 'whatever, move on'" (cause she's your sister anyway) or will she be hurt that Finn has taken up with another girl so quick, or maybe she'll just be mad about being the third wheel. I hope I'm not making this about Rey, I can just see a bit of an awkward, drama filled triangle happening there that Finn isn't going to have a clue how to deal with. Maybe it's all too "Jane Austen". Anyway, what do you think the dynamic would be. Maybe Rey won't be phased because by then Kylo will have made his move and she's too busy thinking about him - or maybe this potential little drama pushes Rey Kylo's way. Okay, I should stop speculating here now. What do you think will be the Rey, Finn, Rose dynamic (if it happens)?
@darthbutterfingers

First of all welcome to our boards Smile

My thoughts on tha matter are follwing:
Rey is definitely somebody who's force sensitive and as such would be a protoganist of so-called force plot. It's very doubtful at this point that her and Finn and Rose will even meet in TLJ.
Moreover, I think that Rey and Finn's relationship is clear: they're friends and nothing more.
I'am pretty sure Rose and Finn will make a lovely couple.
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3333
Likes : 15196
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 18 Apr - 16:15

@darthbutterfingers wrote:Hi All. First time in this place so forgive me if I stuff something up. I just wanted to say I love the idea of StormRose. When they first introduced the concept of KMTs character and we heard John Boyega gushing over her I suspected there would be a romantic connection between Finn and her character. This is now looking even more likely (although no-one can ever be completely certain until the movie comes out). So at the end of TFA when Rey leaves Finn in the med ward, she kisses him and promises they'll meet again (I can't remember her exact words). I always had the impression she kind of looked on Finn as a heroic figure she might one day explore a romantic connection with. No, I don't believe that Finn and Rey will get together. I'm too much of a Reylo shipper for that. That aside, in Rey's mind I can see she may have seen Finn as possibly something more than a friend in the future. So how is she going to react when she meets up with Finn again and (if it becomes cannon) he's getting all cosy with Rose. Will she be all "Luke Skywalker 'whatever, move on'" (cause she's your sister anyway) or will she be hurt that Finn has taken up with another girl so quick, or maybe she'll just be mad about being the third wheel. I hope I'm not making this about Rey, I can just see a bit of an awkward, drama filled triangle happening there that Finn isn't going to have a clue how to deal with. Maybe it's all too "Jane Austen". Anyway, what do you think the dynamic would be. Maybe Rey won't be phased because by then Kylo will have made his move and she's too busy thinking about him - or maybe this potential little drama pushes Rey Kylo's way. Okay, I should stop speculating here now. What do you think will be the Rey, Finn, Rose dynamic (if it happens)?
@darthbutterfingers
Welcome to the forum! ^_^

Personally, I really can't see Rey's plotline in VIII dominated even in part by jealousy toward Rose. If they meet at all in VIII, which I would not be willing to make bets on, there will probably be too much "GO, GO, GO" with regards to plot by that point to fit in any kind of negative jealous reactions from Rey. And why would there be anyway? If you ask Boyega Rey and Finn were never romantically inclined. He said that last year as a sort of damage control as some did leave the theatre with the opposite impression, and I tend to believe him. There will just be too much going on in TLJ--it's only a max 2 1/2 hour movie, and Rey herself has so much on her plate already (Kylo seems to be following her to Ahch-To, her relationship with Luke is already going to be quite rocky and full of tension). So yeah, I can see Rey feeling left out or a little lonely as a result of Finn's new connection with Rose, but it would have to be subtle. I've often read from others that there are too many jealous/tension-filled female relationships in movies. It's pretty impressive in itself that we have two female leads at all in this trilogy, and I personally hope they have a more friendly relationship than anything. I'm not convinced we'll be getting tons of interact between them in VIII as it seems as though there really are two distinctly separate plotlines going on, but I'm really looking forward to seeing it in IX. Very Happy

avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2711
Likes : 24935
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 18 Apr - 18:20

@Darth Dingbat wrote:Love Kelly's face when Josh asks her whether we're going to be shipping FinnRose Wink

https://www.facebook.com/MTV/videos/1537162609659251/

She also mentions something interesting - about thinking "There's Luke, he's sitting in that chair" between takes. That would seem to imply Luke DOES come to the Resistance at some point.

I hope he does reunite with Leia. Please, please...
@Darth Dingbat

She also mentioned "working with Daisy", so perhaps the Force and Resistance plotlines do converge at some point?

Although, I'm not reading too much into these comments...I could also just see these being references to everyone being together on-set at the same time. That really kind of sounds like the case with Mark/Luke, at least... the "There's Luke, he's sitting in that chair" was specifically framed as something that she was thinking between takes...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4095
Likes : 21209
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by vaderito on Tue 18 Apr - 18:52

yeha, there's going to be fandom war over the proper name for the ship - Finnrose, StormRose, another? We'll know soon enough. Just release the damn footage, especially the space horse.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7285
Likes : 34630
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 18 Apr - 19:00

@vaderito wrote:yeha, there's going to be fandom war over the proper name for the ship - Finnrose, StormRose, another? We'll know soon enough. Just release the damn footage, especially the space horse.
@vaderito
I kind of liked StormFlower, but StormRose seems to be catching on! I don't really care, haha.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2711
Likes : 24935
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Tue 18 Apr - 19:31

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@vaderito wrote:yeha, there's going to be fandom war over the proper name for the ship - Finnrose, StormRose, another? We'll know soon enough. Just release the damn footage, especially the space horse.
@vaderito
I kind of liked StormFlower, but StormRose seems to be catching on! I don't really care, haha.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I liked StormFlower too. It just sounds really nice. But hey StormRose is good too! I'm just glad it seems to be becoming popular now that Kelly has been properly introduced. I've seen a lot of positive responses from all corners, including Finnreys, which I'm very surprised but happy about.
avatar
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1467
Likes : 8139
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by vaderito on Tue 18 Apr - 19:48

if you type StormRose and FinnRose first link is this thread. Very Happy
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7285
Likes : 34630
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by DarthRen on Tue 18 Apr - 19:49

We're famous. cheers
avatar
DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 460
Likes : 1286
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Czech Republic

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Tue 18 Apr - 19:49

@vaderito wrote:if you type StormRose and FinnRose first link is this thread. Very Happy
@vaderito

I noticed lol. Wink
avatar
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1467
Likes : 8139
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 18 Apr - 22:06

avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2711
Likes : 24935
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Tue 18 Apr - 22:38

@FrolickingFizzgig I've seen the second one! It's so cute! And the first one is lovely too!

Also, it's amazing how EDITED fanart of Rose looks so much like her! Well done! Very Happy



Last edited by panki on Wed 19 Apr - 11:06; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : removed name on request)
avatar
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1467
Likes : 8139
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by Saracene on Wed 19 Apr - 2:36

I look forward to the interactions between Finn and Rose, but is anyone else kinda underwhelmed by the idea that Finn still has to decide between running away from the First Order and staying with the Resistance? I would have thought TFA covered that well enough and there's no need to drag it out in the second film. I hope he doesn't end up staying *because* of Rose, because that would be a total rehash. "I'm leaving... oh no I'm staying because of Rey! I'm leaving... oh no I'm staying because of Rose!"
avatar
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1326
Likes : 7815
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 37
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by MeadowofAshes on Wed 19 Apr - 2:58

God, they really are going to look good together. John's supposed to be beefed up for TLJ and you just know since he's got a legit romantic interest they've made him as OTT handsome as he is in magazines. She's so small - their height difference is perfect for the big screen.
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1502
Likes : 8372
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Wed 19 Apr - 3:30

@Saracene wrote:I look forward to the interactions between Finn and Rose, but is anyone else kinda underwhelmed by the idea that Finn still has to decide between running away from the First Order and staying with the Resistance? I would have thought TFA covered that well enough and there's no need to drag it out in the second film. I hope he doesn't end up staying *because* of Rose, because that would be a total rehash. "I'm leaving... oh no I'm staying because of Rey! I'm leaving... oh no I'm staying because of Rose!"
@Saracene
Honestly, no, I don't find it underwhelming. There were a lot of complaints that Finn didn't really face his inner demons where the First Order was concerned in TFA, despite claiming to have a lot of them himself, and I'm genuinely curious to see what they could mean by "choosing to fight or run." I have a lot of faith in Rian--maybe a little too much--but I don't think there's anything wrong with Finn feeling unsure about being a Resistence hero. I'm not going to judge based on a small description of one aspect of his struggle in VIII, personally.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2711
Likes : 24935
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by Saracene on Wed 19 Apr - 3:44

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Saracene wrote:I look forward to the interactions between Finn and Rose, but is anyone else kinda underwhelmed by the idea that Finn still has to decide between running away from the First Order and staying with the Resistance? I would have thought TFA covered that well enough and there's no need to drag it out in the second film. I hope he doesn't end up staying *because* of Rose, because that would be a total rehash. "I'm leaving... oh no I'm staying because of Rey! I'm leaving... oh no I'm staying because of Rose!"
@Saracene
Honestly, no, I don't find it underwhelming. There were a lot of complaints that Finn didn't really face his inner demons where the First Order was concerned in TFA, despite claiming to have a lot of them himself, and I'm genuinely curious to see what they could mean by "choosing to fight or run." I have a lot of faith in Rian--maybe a little too much--but I don't think there's anything wrong with Finn feeling unsure about being a Resistence hero. I'm not going to judge based on a small description of one aspect of his struggle in VIII, personally.
@FrolickingFizzgig

I hope you're right and Rian does something interesting with it. It's just that if they go with this angle, it's hard for me to see it play out in any different way than what we've already seen in TFA. Finn is unsure, reaches some sort of crisis point, then chooses to do the right and brave thing in the end. Maybe I'm judging too soon, I just know that I didn't really find this idea inspiring or intriguing; I guess I've been burnt in the past where the writers pretty much repeated the same arc from a previous film because they clearly had no idea what else to do with the character.
avatar
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1326
Likes : 7815
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 37
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by morose_cat on Wed 19 Apr - 3:48

Does anyone know KMT's height? It was mentioned that she's one of the shorter cast members.

morose_cat
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 2
Likes : 8
Date d'inscription : 2016-11-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by MeadowofAshes on Wed 19 Apr - 5:23

@morose_cat wrote:Does anyone know KMT's height? It was mentioned that she's one of the shorter cast members.
@morose_cat
5'2"
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1502
Likes : 8372
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 19 Apr - 7:14

@Saracene wrote:I look forward to the interactions between Finn and Rose, but is anyone else kinda underwhelmed by the idea that Finn still has to decide between running away from the First Order and staying with the Resistance? I would have thought TFA covered that well enough and there's no need to drag it out in the second film. I hope he doesn't end up staying *because* of Rose, because that would be a total rehash. "I'm leaving... oh no I'm staying because of Rey! I'm leaving... oh no I'm staying because of Rose!"
@Saracene

Yep. I have noticed it as well. I thought Finn has resolved that problem by now.
Honestly, I don't know what to think about it. We'll see how it palys out.
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3333
Likes : 15196
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Wed 19 Apr - 7:23

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@morose_cat wrote:Does anyone know KMT's height? It was mentioned that she's one of the shorter cast members.
@morose_cat
5'2"
@MeadowofAshes

Rian calls her the smallest actor onset, but Carrie is 5'1. hahaha

Damn, I'm an ewok.
avatar
Rei of Sunshine
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 806
Likes : 6190
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 23
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by darthbutterfingers on Wed 19 Apr - 11:51

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@darthbutterfingers wrote:Hi All. First time in this place so forgive me if I stuff something up. I just wanted to say I love the idea of StormRose. When they first introduced the concept of KMTs character and we heard John Boyega gushing over her I suspected there would be a romantic connection between Finn and her character. This is now looking even more likely (although no-one can ever be completely certain until the movie comes out). So at the end of TFA when Rey leaves Finn in the med ward, she kisses him and promises they'll meet again (I can't remember her exact words). I always had the impression she kind of looked on Finn as a heroic figure she might one day explore a romantic connection with. No, I don't believe that Finn and Rey will get together. I'm too much of a Reylo shipper for that. That aside, in Rey's mind I can see she may have seen Finn as possibly something more than a friend in the future. So how is she going to react when she meets up with Finn again and (if it becomes cannon) he's getting all cosy with Rose. Will she be all "Luke Skywalker 'whatever, move on'" (cause she's your sister anyway) or will she be hurt that Finn has taken up with another girl so quick, or maybe she'll just be mad about being the third wheel. I hope I'm not making this about Rey, I can just see a bit of an awkward, drama filled triangle happening there that Finn isn't going to have a clue how to deal with. Maybe it's all too "Jane Austen". Anyway, what do you think the dynamic would be. Maybe Rey won't be phased because by then Kylo will have made his move and she's too busy thinking about him - or maybe this potential little drama pushes Rey Kylo's way. Okay, I should stop speculating here now. What do you think will be the Rey, Finn, Rose dynamic (if it happens)?
@darthbutterfingers
Welcome to the forum! ^_^

Personally, I really can't see Rey's plotline in VIII dominated even in part by jealousy toward Rose. If they meet at all in VIII, which I would not be willing to make bets on, there will probably be too much "GO, GO, GO" with regards to plot by that point to fit in any kind of negative jealous reactions from Rey. And why would there be anyway? If you ask Boyega Rey and Finn were never romantically inclined. He said that last year as a sort of damage control as some did leave the theatre with the opposite impression, and I tend to believe him. There will just be too much going on in TLJ--it's only a max 2 1/2 hour movie, and Rey herself has so much on her plate already (Kylo seems to be following her to Ahch-To, her relationship with Luke is already going to be quite rocky and full of tension). So yeah, I can see Rey feeling left out or a little lonely as a result of Finn's new connection with Rose, but it would have to be subtle. I've often read from others that there are too many jealous/tension-filled female relationships in movies. It's pretty impressive in itself that we have two female leads at all in this trilogy, and I personally hope they have a more friendly relationship than anything. I'm not convinced we'll be getting tons of interact between them in VIII as it seems as though there really are two distinctly separate plotlines going on, but I'm really looking forward to seeing it in IX. Very Happy

@FrolickingFizzgig

O wow, this forum moves on fast. Thank you for the welcome. Sorry it's taken a while to get back to it (sleep, work, you know the drill). Thank you for your input. Now I think about it, Rey wouldn't be worried about Finn and Rose at all. As you say - too much other stuff going on. I can banish that little brain worm from my head. Now something else has popped up in my head. I can imagine Rose at the end of episode IX doing the Han Solo thing at the end of ROTJ. Rose to Finn about Rey "You love her don't you....That's alright. When she gets back, I won't get in the way." Cue sweet adorable scene where Finn reassures Rose "it's not like that".

darthbutterfingers
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 11
Likes : 60
Date d'inscription : 2017-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by Hasi on Wed 19 Apr - 12:38

[quote="vaderito"]


[list=messageList]
[*]
[quote]


[list=messageList]
[*]



[list=messageList]
[*]

[/list]
@vaderito

The chemistry between John and Kelly seems indeed amazing, and Kelly seems amazing too! I had a good feeling about her and her character and I'm glad I wasn't disappointed.
The part with Finn and the Resistance ladies made me laugh because at the beginning, back before they revealed Kelly becoming part of the cast, that's what I thought Finn would have done in the next two movies when it comes to romantic relationships...flirting and acting cool with some Resistance girls and being all "Look at me, I fought against the infamous Kylo Ren and survived!" lol
Given the way John talked about Kelly when they first mentioned her it was kinda obvious what kind of relationship Finn and Rose were going to have....that's quite the contrast with Kylo and Rey. Not a single word before TFA and it took them a year to directly adress their interactions and scenes together, while with Finn and Rose they've been talking about it since the very beginning, before we even knew her name. And even at SWC of course there wasn't a single word on Kylo or how Rey is going to interact with him in TLJ. Wonder why Cool

avatar
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 115
Likes : 774
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by vaderito on Wed 19 Apr - 12:42

@Saracene wrote:I look forward to the interactions between Finn and Rose, but is anyone else kinda underwhelmed by the idea that Finn still has to decide between running away from the First Order and staying with the Resistance? I would have thought TFA covered that well enough and there's no need to drag it out in the second film. I hope he doesn't end up staying *because* of Rose, because that would be a total rehash. "I'm leaving... oh no I'm staying because of Rey! I'm leaving... oh no I'm staying because of Rose!"
@Saracene

No, because if he had no doubts, that would mean that they are painting the Resistance as perfect, infallible, can't-do-wrong organization. But what if Finn finds out that they are not so different from FO and goes "I ran from this sith only to sign for it again? Screw that". We know that Laura Dern's Admiral may not be your run-of-the-mill Mon Mothma/Leia/Ackbar but someone whose methods grate at least on Poe. So Finn coming from the outside could have a less biased POV and disagree with Resistance ethics. Ir something. I don't think they are retconning him based on the plot point with the Admiral cause it seems that they are going in the direction that every organization has a bad side.

@darthbutterfingers Agreed, those 2 relationships, FinnRose and Reylo, will complement and contrast each other nicely. And John and Kelly are a joy to watch. Very Happy
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7285
Likes : 34630
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by Saracene on Wed 19 Apr - 12:50

@vaderito wrote:
@Saracene wrote:I look forward to the interactions between Finn and Rose, but is anyone else kinda underwhelmed by the idea that Finn still has to decide between running away from the First Order and staying with the Resistance? I would have thought TFA covered that well enough and there's no need to drag it out in the second film. I hope he doesn't end up staying *because* of Rose, because that would be a total rehash. "I'm leaving... oh no I'm staying because of Rey! I'm leaving... oh no I'm staying because of Rose!"
@Saracene

No, because if he had no doubts, that would mean that they are painting the Resistance as perfect, infallible, can't-do-wrong organization. But what if Finn finds out that they are not so different from FO and goes "I ran from this sith only to sign for it again? Screw that". We know that Laura Dern's Admiral may not be your run-of-the-mill Mon Mothma/Leia/Ackbar but someone whose methods grate at least on Poe. So Finn coming from the outside could have a less biased POV and disagree with Resistance ethics. Ir something. I don't think they are retconning him based on the plot point with the Admiral cause it seems that they are going in the direction that every organization has a bad side.
@vaderito

I could totally get onboard with Finn having doubts about the Resistance, or his own image as the hero. It's the "running away from the First Order" bit that I'm unsure about. However they explored this in TFA, there seemed to be a resolution; Finn decided not to run, but to instead head back straight into the FO, where he had a moment of triumph over Phasma who used to terrify him. Now he's back to wanting to run again?
avatar
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1326
Likes : 7815
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 37
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Finn and Rose - The Stormrose Thread

Post by vaderito on Wed 19 Apr - 12:55

@Saracene wrote:
I could totally get onboard with Finn having doubts about the Resistance, or his own image as the hero. It's the "running away from the First Order" bit that I'm unsure about. However they explored this in TFA, there seemed to be a resolution; Finn decided not to run, but to instead head back straight into the FO, where he had a moment of triumph over Phasma who used to terrify him. Now he's back to wanting to run again?
@Saracene

I think it's more a manner of speaking than an actual characterization. They are all trained what to say so he really isn't revealing much. I wouldn't read much into it.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7285
Likes : 34630
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum