Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion Thread

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 2 Nov - 13:33

@panki wrote:Something struck me today.... Something might happen to Kanan (the wolf saying Dume) and Ezra could blame the rebellion for not helpling them....he could then choose to become a Mandalorian and leave the rebellion with Sabine.

There are signs that could be taken as clues of Mando Ezra such as the discussion about Mandalorian armor, him saying he could get used to a jet pack in episode 3, his holding Sabine's hand on more than one occasion, the awkwardness around Sabine's dad, the absence of Mandos in the rebellion etc.
@panki

While I agree that Kanan’s demise, however it may come about, will be the catalyst for Ezra leaving the rebellion; I don’t think he will join the Mandos. He even stated in “Heroes of Mandalore” that he was not a Mandalorian and did not want to be one. “I’m not a Mandalorian...and I don’t want to be a Mandalorian.” Also, the reason for the Mandos absence from the rebellion has been hinted by DF many times. They are a self centered people. If/when they free themselves from the Empires grip, they will focus on rebuilding their home/society.

“Mandalore must rise by itself. We take care of our own.”
- Ursa Wren in Legacy of Mandalore
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sun 5 Nov - 17:51

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:
@panki wrote:Something struck me today.... Something might happen to Kanan (the wolf saying Dume) and Ezra could blame the rebellion for not helpling them....he could then choose to become a Mandalorian and leave the rebellion with Sabine.

There are signs that could be taken as clues of Mando Ezra such as the discussion about Mandalorian armor, him saying he could get used to a jet pack in episode 3, his holding Sabine's hand on more than one occasion, the awkwardness around Sabine's dad, the absence of Mandos in the rebellion etc.
@panki

While I agree that Kanan’s demise, however it may come about, will be the catalyst for Ezra leaving the rebellion; I don’t think he will join the Mandos. He even stated in “Heroes of Mandalore” that he was not a Mandalorian and did not want to be one. “I’m not a Mandalorian...and I don’t want to be a Mandalorian.” Also, the reason for the Mandos absence from the rebellion has been hinted by DF many times. They are a self centered people. If/when they free themselves from the Empires grip, they will focus on rebuilding their home/society.

“Mandalore must rise by itself. We take care of our own.”
- Ursa Wren in Legacy of Mandalore
@TheBastardofMandalore

You do have a point about Ezra saying he wasn't a Mandalorian in the Heroes of Mandalore episode.....but his statement that he could get used to the jetpack happened in the episode 'In the Name of the Rebellion', which happened after the Heroes of  Mandalore one....which I felt could be him changing his stand on being a Mando....also, I agree with some youtube channels that being a kid's show, they are unlikely to kill the kids i.e. Sabine and Ezra when the show ends, especially since kids probably identify with those characters and not grown ups like Kanan, Zeb etc.

Since the Mandalorians are so insular and self centered, it seems the perfect place for Ezra to disappear quietly, especially if he does end us as Sabine's love interest (his behavior around Sabine's dad heavily pointed to this).

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 6 Nov - 14:13

I had somehow forgotten about that:

SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 6 Nov - 17:38

Ok, remember when I said last week after seeing the Kanera scene that I fear Kanan is toast? Well, he’s even more toast now! Dave Filoni has decided to please fans for the last season. You like Mandalorians? We start the season with them. Loth cats? One episode with cuddly mischievous loth cats. Kanera? Here you go. Thrawn’s top assassin? Served on a plate.

About Kindred:

I cried. I don’t know if I am maybe just overly sensitive today, but the loth wolves, the strange force thing they do and this feeling of fate looming over the whole episode brought tears to my eyes.

Spoiler:
Apparently the white wolf wanted to warn Kanan about something happening on Lothal. What? We don’t know. Why does he specifically want to warn Caleb Dume? We don’t know. I personally like that the wolves seem to be “just” more atuned to the Force and not part of some more complicated backstory. There’s beauty in simplicity.

I nearly turned all whooping Finn when Hera made that jump into hyperspace right through the imperial ship’s deck. Really cool.

I like this shot of the 3 wolves in the dark. Mystery...

Strange moment. We don’t see much but it is still somehow magical.

Kanan having a moment with the white wolf. My heart is fully liquefied now.

And yes, Kanan is toast big time now. Thank you, Hera!

Crawler Commanders

Less mystical but entertaining. That lizard thing really looked like a reptilian Gollum. And the fight between Zeb and another reptilian being was fun.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Mon 6 Nov - 20:51

@SanghaRen

OMG! I loved Kindred too! The mysticism with the wolves, Kanan and Ezra’s connection to Lothal and Kanera (total fan service but still I love you)

I agree also that Kanan is utterly doomed (pun intended Wink Rolling Eyes). DF loves his bittersweet, tragic romances (i.e. crushing the hopes and dreams of the  shippers). I have a feeling that Kanan’s death will be just as tragic as Satine’s in CW. pale

TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 7 Nov - 14:08

RebelsRecon for the 2 episodes:

DF says the reason why they did not have Kanera happen sooner was because they did not want it to get in the way of their development as characters. I think it’s smart.

Did I understand correctly that it’s “the” Seth Green who voiced the reptilian Gollum? Nice!

Also the different galleries are up on starwars.com and one comment for one pic caught my attention

Spoiler:

What?? Anyone remembers that warning?

And DF is enjoying himself Smile

SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 7 Nov - 15:39

@SanghaRen

I thought the most dramatic warning in season 2 was made by the inquisitor... he tells Kanan as the place burns around them and he allows himself to fall to his death- You don't know what you've unleashed here. There are some things far more frightening than death. Minister Tua never gives any warnings though she died in the same episode as the inquisitor...maybe the minister Tua part is a red herring and its the episode itself that is relevant? Suspect

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 7 Nov - 16:31

@panki

I think DF is sneakier than that and will build on small things we all missed. I just found this clip. She does tell the Ghost Crew that she discovered the true reason why the Empire is on Lothal. She says only a few know about it and that it is ordered by the Empire itself. It’s at 3:50.

Maybe...

Spoiler:

The way to travel great distances using tunnels like the wolves with something (e.g. some mineral) that is only available on Lothal? So he can send his Death Star to the other side of the galaxy in seconds. I am bad with speculations Very Happy.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Tue 7 Nov - 17:29

@SanghaRen wrote:@panki

I think DF is sneakier than that and will build on small things we all missed. I just found this clip. She does tell the Ghost Crew that she discovered the true reason why the Empire is on Lothal. She says only a few know about it and that it is ordered by the Empire itself. It’s at 3:50.

Maybe...

Spoiler:

The way to travel great distances using tunnels like the wolves with something (e.g. some mineral) that is only available on Lothal? So he can send his Death Star to the other side of the galaxy in seconds. I am bad with speculations Very Happy.
@SanghaRen

Great speculation! Claps I will be disappointed if it ends up not being this.
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Tue 7 Nov - 19:05

Maybe...

Spoiler:

@SanghaRen

@SanghaRen

To build off of your speculation maybe...

TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Tue 7 Nov - 19:15

Maybe...

Spoiler:

@SanghaRen

@SanghaRen

@TheBastardofMandalore

And here I thought it was something as simple as giant kyber crystals for project Stardust Very Happy
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Tue 7 Nov - 20:59

@Man Without A Star wrote:

Maybe...

Spoiler:

@SanghaRen

@SanghaRen

@TheBastardofMandalore

And here I thought it was something as simple as giant kyber crystals for project Stardust Very Happy
@Man Without A Star

lol! I initially thought that too! But the “kyber crystal/Stardust” plot thread is starting to feel like the proverbial dead horse. At least for me it is.

I’m really hoping they delve more into the mysterious connection between the force and Lothal. Also, Filoni did say that he drew inspiration from the Mortis arc from CW for the storyline this season. Wink
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 7 Nov - 23:44

Maybe...

Spoiler:

@SanghaRen

Great find! This existed in legends but as well and there are many such places in different planets.....maybe Jakku has one such place as well.

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Wed 8 Nov - 15:07

Not having watched TCW, I am still struggling with the Mortic arc. I read about it on Wookieepedia but am still not sure how this would fit into SWR especially if we go with the Emperor being interested in Lothal and Lothal being like an access door to Mortis. What could the Emperor do in the end with access to Mortis? What was in Mortis that he could use? I am asking because I just don’t know. I guess it could also be similar to Mortis but still different. If I understood correctly you could not get into Mortis, it’s Mortis who would suck you in, but in the Kindred episode, the wolves were in control. I hope these wolves will not fall prey to the Emperor. Btw, you think we could have the Emperor show up on Lothal? That’d be something!

I made the mistake of reading some comments on the clip for next week’s episode.

I understand what some people mean with Thrawn should win otherwise it looks like he’s a rather lame opponent and not the super strategist from the book. At the same time it’s a cartoon, you are not going to have a bloody massacre. And to be fair, if it hadn’t been for the Bendu, Hera & Co would have been toast end of Season 3. Amazing how people are able to judge on the quality of an episode based on a short clip. Genius *sarcasm*

Wonder what DF means with this tweet Wink

SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Wed 8 Nov - 21:44

@SanghaRen Yeah I interpret Dave Filoni saying he drew inspiration from the TCW Mortis arc as meaning it will only be a similar type of thing, not that it will literally connect to the same "world." I think that the Mortis arc kind of doesn't have an explanation (like...is there actually a Mortis "world" or was it all a dream? did the events in those episodes even really happen? is it mythology? simply an analogy...a meta mini-story commenting on larger story?...idk I don't think there is an answer? and it doesn't matter? because the episodes have no effect on the story or galaxy or anything) and that is what Dave Filoni might mean, I think, that things are happening with the Force that are strange/mysterious/mythological and have no concrete explanation (and don't need one), just like with the Mortis arc in TCW. Like, how did the wolves transport them to a different hemisphere? Maybe we'll never know and never need to (idk yet...)?

I have a hard time imagining the Emperor/Emire getting involved with the wolves for some reason. idk they seem so separate, like the Mortis arc. Tho, I guess Thrawn did kill the Bendu, huh. And unlike the Mortis arc stuff, the wolves are actually helping the main characters and affecting the world/story in small ways, so that makes them more vulnerable. I guess I just still think the primary reason the Empire is interested in Lothal is probably going to tie into the Death Star...they've been dropping so many hints/references. But who knows I guess.
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 9 Nov - 4:31

I think what is on Lothal might tie in to Yoda's quest to master life after death in TCW.....he goes under the crust of a barren planet to meet the force priestesses and finds the place teeming with life forms....and then there is the observatory on Jakku where the core of the planet can be seen (but gets corrupted by Yupe Tashu's body)....then Jedha in the latest SW comic and Ilum in the Ahsoka novel have been turned into Mustafar like planets with their cores exposed and eaten away.

I think the answer has to do with something in the core of the planets....maybe the source of the force of each planet lies there? Or maybe there are portals to travel between planets in the cores of some planets?

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 9 Nov - 14:48

@panki

Yoda wanted to master life after death? I did not know that. Gee, he just went down in my esteem. I thought he was the type to let things flow and not try to control them. Controlling things and taking advantage of them is to me features of the Dark Side and the Emperor, no? What did he want to do with mastering life after death? That’s the Force’s role to decide what happens after death. Yoda: I am shaking my head in disbelief.

Portals to travel between planets is something I could see. The Empire could organize blitz attacks. The inhabitants would not even see them coming. At the same time, hyperspace already allows that. S***! Kanan said it is more sinister... what could it be? See, usually I am not into speculation, but this time it’s bugging me.

@jakkusun

Oh, I agree that not everything needs to be explained. I would not mind not knowing how the wolves did it. I was linking the two because starwars.com implies that their abilities are linked with Maketh Tua’s warning. But does not mean that what they did will be fully explained. Let’s say I just hope they don’t cross the Emperor’s path, or Governor Pryce’s or Rukh’s, because if any of them knew what they are capable of doing, they’d be in trouble. But it’s a family show so I think they’re safe. If Mortis indeed did not bring anything to the overall arc then yeah, it will be only used as inspiration. Good to know, I won’t have to dig deeper and study everything I can find on Mortis Very Happy

The thing with the Death Star is that it’s being dealt with by Rogue One and the OT so either the Death Star was going to be even worse or there is another threat in parallel. It would be a shame if the Ghost crew didn’t do something extremely heroic by the end of the season and show.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 9 Nov - 15:21

Yoda wanted to master life after death? I did not know that. Gee, he just went down in my esteem. I thought he was the type to let things flow and not try to control them. Controlling things and taking advantage of them is to me features of the Dark Side and the Emperor, no? What did he want to do with mastering life after death? That’s the Force’s role to decide what happens after death. Yoda: I am shaking my head in disbelief.

Portals to travel between planets is something I could see. The Empire could organize blitz attacks. The inhabitants would not even see them coming. At the same time, hyperspace already allows that. S***! Kanan said it is more sinister... what could it be? See, usually I am not into speculation, but this time it’s bugging me.

@SanghaRen

Lol....maybe I conveyed it in a wrong manner.... what I meant by Yoda wanting to master life after death was his trials to learn to become a force ghost, on the instructions of Qui Gon and the force priestesses.

I didn't mean it to be about control at all, just mastering an ability....and it was for unselfish reasons as well unlike the Sith who wanted to be immortal since they didn't think there was life after death (and hence feared death).

I think its a lot more sinister than portals for hyperspace travel...I'm thinking of them being turned into actual weapons or even worse, .have you considered the possibility that these are portals to and from the netherworld as well? The Han Solo comic already explored the possibility of the dead being able to return to the galaxy through ancient portals.

- That dark lords who died long ago need no longer fear death as they could return? dun dun dun dun *sinister music* Twisted Evil

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 9 Nov - 15:29

This is cute. Sabine painting Ezra’s face to look like a lothcat Smile

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/928389177762234368

I don’t know how to include it so the gif shows.

@panki

Ha! Yeah, I got that wrong Laughing My apologies to Yoda. He went back up in my esteem Smile

Dark Lords who come back from death... Snoke? Too soon maybe. Although he does look like a zombie. Now I have this image in my head of an army of zombie sith lords attacking Lothal. That would be sinister, indeed What a Face
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Thu 9 Nov - 15:37

@SanghaRen wrote:This is cute. Sabine painting Ezra’s face to look like a lothcat Smile

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/928389177762234368

I don’t know how to include it so the gif shows.

@panki

Ha! Yeah, I got that wrong Laughing My apologies to Yoda. He went back up in my esteem Smile

Dark Lords who come back from death... Snoke? Too soon maybe. Although he does look like a zombie. Now I have this image in my head of an army of zombie sith lords attacking Lothal. That would be sinister, indeed :face:
@SanghaRen

Hahahah...now I have that vision as well....Space Zombies on Jakku....  alien

I'm not sure about Snoke....but what about them wanting to bring Palpatine back (for which Yupe Tashu was sacrificed into that lava pit on Jakku in Aftermath)? Or Vader (in case Anakin and he are actually separate entities)?

panki

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 13 Nov - 17:02

Oh sith, I just watched the episode “Rebel Assault”. I am shivering. This is no fun episode. And I just realized the next episodes are only in 2018. No, no, no! That is NOT ok.

I do enjoy the darker tone because it makes sense, but man, the stress... I especially like the atmosphere of Lothal as an occupied planet. It’s great that they are showing that in a family cartoon. But the cliffhanger is a tough one.

Some first impressions.

Spoiler:

It’s a sad moment when the fleet gets crushed by the second wave, but yeah, Thrawn has to win that battle. I thought it was really well done. You don’t see the “carnage”, but you can guess it with the x-wings falling on Lothal like meteorites.

I enjoyed that Hera is finally showing some close combat skills. But she still gets captured and that’s tough. If we didn’t know she makes it at least to Endor thanks to FoD, I would fear for her life a bit.

When Kanan turned around, I wanted to scream “No!” That guy looks more doomed with every episode. Heck, I would not be surprised if DF was tricking us with Dume/Doom. Mean DF! My hair is turning more grey with every episode.

I didn’t expect to see the wolves in that episode and was totally surprised. And Kanan that goes like “I understand” and I am losing my nerves “What do you understand? What do they want?”

I have the feeling Kanan could exchange his life for Hera’s life. The question is whether Thrawn has any interest in Kanan. He sees Hera as his opponent, not Kanan, so Kanan would have to offer something more. Two Jedis as in Ezra and him? To the Emperor. And Vader comes to collect the prize Shocked
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Thu 16 Nov - 23:43

So we know in Flight of the Defender and Kindred the white Loth-wolf was saying “Dume”. However, the closed captioning for the mid-season finale Rebel Assault, the wolf says “Doom”. But for whom? Lothal? Kanan? The Ghost crew? All of the above? Confus

Also, another thought, what if Kanan is unknowingly causing an imbalance in the force? (As well as whatever else is happening on Lothal.) What if the wolves sense/know this and are attempting to correct it? They are essentially the Bendu of their world. Like the Bendu said last season, “perhaps it was the will of the Force that the Jedi perished.” Kanan has been running/hiding from his fate and it’s catching up with him...
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 on Fri 17 Nov - 3:40

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:So we know in Flight of the Defender and Kindred the white Loth-wolf was saying “Dume”. However, the closed captioning for the mid-season finale Rebel Assault, the wolf says “Doom”. But for whom? Lothal? Kanan? The Ghost crew? All of the above? Confus

Also, another thought, what if Kanan is unknowingly causing an imbalance in the force? (As well as whatever else is happening on Lothal.) What if the wolves sense/know this and are attempting to correct it? They are essentially the Bendu of their world. Like the Bendu said last season, “perhaps it was the will of the Force that the Jedi perished.” Kanan has been running/hiding from his fate and it’s catching up with him...
@TheBastardofMandalore

"all paths are coming together now" is opposite of "Your destiny lies along a different path from mine,” Obi-Wan says to Luke. But, I think the result will be the same for Kanan and Obi Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Fri 17 Nov - 11:03

@TheBastardofMandalore wrote:So we know in Flight of the Defender and Kindred the white Loth-wolf was saying “Dume”. However, the closed captioning for the mid-season finale Rebel Assault, the wolf says “Doom”. But for whom? Lothal? Kanan? The Ghost crew? All of the above? Confus

@TheBastardofMandalore

Weird because on starwars.com in the episode gallery they say the wolf says “Dume”.

SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBastardofMandalore on Fri 17 Nov - 13:11

@SanghaRen wrote:

@TheBastardofMandalore

Weird because on starwars.com in the episode gallery they say the wolf says “Dume”.

@SanghaRen

Interesting! It was probably an error with the closed captioning. But, then again, I wouldn’t put it past DF for the wolf’s cryptic utterance to Kanan to have a double meaning...
TheBastardofMandalore
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum