The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by snufkin on Wed 19 Apr - 21:03

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:
@Helix wrote:I definitely see a lot of Middle Eastern and Indian architectural inspiration in it. I was expecting something very low-key and run down looking, honestly.
@Helix

I'm a Disneyphile so the first thing I thought was that it looks like Princess Jasmine's castle. It definitely gives off Middle Eastern vibes for me, as well.

I have to think that Ben did not do that all on his own. The story we're being sold on right now is that he betrayed Luke and destroyed the temple. But there has to be more than that or you don't have much of a story. There has to been something more and it can't be from Ben's end since he can't get any worse than destroying the temple. I've been leaning towards Snoke ordering his guards to attack the temple in a last ditch effort attempt to get Ben to turn (lack of faith in Ben from his family could make them think he did it + Vader reveal). But Pablo and co. have been adamant that Kylo's responsible and killed them. I have no idea what to believe at this point. I honestly wouldn't care if Kylo did it or not but I just can't believe he did it on his own.
@nemapasara

If they're saying Kylo did it, I am leaning towards him defending himself and then just flipping out after the Jedi students turn on him because of the Vader reveal.
@ReyofLightSide

I think we got a hint of this in Bloodline, where
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:
@Helix wrote:I definitely see a lot of Middle Eastern and Indian architectural inspiration in it. I was expecting something very low-key and run down looking, honestly.
@Helix

I'm a Disneyphile so the first thing I thought was that it looks like Princess Jasmine's castle. It definitely gives off Middle Eastern vibes for me, as well.

I have to think that Ben did not do that all on his own. The story we're being sold on right now is that he betrayed Luke and destroyed the temple. But there has to be more than that or you don't have much of a story. There has to been something more and it can't be from Ben's end since he can't get any worse than destroying the temple. I've been leaning towards Snoke ordering his guards to attack the temple in a last ditch effort attempt to get Ben to turn (lack of faith in Ben from his family could make them think he did it + Vader reveal). But Pablo and co. have been adamant that Kylo's responsible and killed them. I have no idea what to believe at this point. I honestly wouldn't care if Kylo did it or not but I just can't believe he did it on his own.
@nemapasara

If they're saying Kylo did it, I am leaning towards him defending himself and then just flipping out after the Jedi students turn on him because of the Vader reveal.
@ReyofLightSide

I think we're meant to get a hint of this in Bloodline when people turn on Leia after the reveal. She doesn't waste anybody, but it's an ugly and dangerous situation for her.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Wed 19 Apr - 21:12

@snufkin Bloodline was major league paralleling/foreshadowing IMO. There's a reason Claudia consulted with Rian. I would not be at all surprised by the acolytes turning on Ben and his "dark side" (i.e. survival instinct) taking over. Then there was the whole Winter Soldier-esque near killing on the bridge scene.

Ben is incredibly easy to write as sympathetic, and his backstory is going to be gut-wrenching. Scene with Han and Leia's raised voices over Ben's dark side leaning powers + acolytes turned on him when his lineage came to light (heh) + Snoke, who's been manipulating him from the beginning, coming to the rescue and telling him his dark side is a gift and to embrace it = Ben still bears ultimate responsibility for his actions but the majority of the audience is now rooting for him to redeem himself. It's a fine balance but Rian can pull it off.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Wed 19 Apr - 21:15

OMG guys I am so annoyed and pissed at the fandom, as usual. Seeing people's LAME theories on the grey jedi. Most saying Luke and Rey will work together to create the grey jedi. Completely excluding kylo. Like um hello?? WHERE IS THE DARK SIDE USER THEN? You can't have grey without the dark force user?? Ugh it's so ridiculous. The symbol is the fusion of their sabers for goodness sake!! It's beyond obvious but.they.are.so.BLIND.
rey09
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 19 Apr - 21:16

I thought Salad Bowl was a KOR due to the concept art of one f them with a Salad Bowl hat.

Maybe Salad Bowl or his group has the blue light saber (Anakin's) and Kylo wants it. Not sure who Kylo would be saving though.
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Wed 19 Apr - 21:19

@ReyofLightSide wrote:I thought Salad Bowl was a KOR due to the concept art of one f them with a Salad Bowl hat.

Maybe Salad Bowl or his group has the blue light saber (Anakin's) and Kylo wants it. Not sure who Kylo would be saving though.
@ReyofLightSide

That's the weird part, isn't it. Salad Bowl is clearly about to strike someone when Kylo stabs him.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Wed 19 Apr - 21:24

@rey09 wrote:OMG guys I am so annoyed and pissed at the fandom, as usual. Seeing people's LAME theories on the grey jedi. Most saying Luke and Rey will work together to create the grey jedi. Completely excluding kylo. Like um hello?? WHERE IS THE DARK SIDE USER THEN? You can't have grey without the dark force user?? Ugh it's so ridiculous. The symbol is the fusion of their sabers for goodness sake!! It's beyond obvious but.they.are.so.BLIND.
@rey09

Welp. That's just dumb. Luke is the old generation, Rey and Ben/Ren are the new. Can't have Jedi Adam and Eve with nutty old Uncle Luke as Adam or Eve. LOL. He's Angry God now.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Wed 19 Apr - 21:25

Something else about the poster I noticed.

I've just now realized how closed Luke's eyes are, contributing to his overall menacing or intense look.

Meanwhile Kylo on the other side has his eyes more open.

When it comes to body language and reading facial expressions, whenever you have a more closed eye and an eyebrow sitting so low on the eye like Luke, it looks like that person is angry. That's why people even on a subconscious level, get a weird dark vibe from Luke.

Kylo's face is not threatening. Adam's eyebrows are in a neutral, relaxed position. A little furrowed but not nearly as low as Luke's.

Luke's eye is also a lot more shaded/darker especially around the tearduct and under-eye wrinkles. Kylo's is lighter and the skin clearer.

Finally, the lips.

Can't see Kylo's, have no idea what they look like. But Luke is clearly frowning.

I think obscuring Luke's forehead with a lot of hair also adds to the menacing look. Showing skin, in this case on the forehead, makes for a lot more vulnerable of a shot.

That's my take anyway.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Wed 19 Apr - 21:33

@Xylo Ren wrote:Something else about the poster I noticed.

I've just now realized how closed Luke's eyes are, contributing to his overall menacing or intense look.

When it comes to body language and reading facial expressions, whenever you have a more closed eye and an eyebrow sitting so low on the eye like Luke, it looks like that person is angry. That's why people even on a subconscious level, get a weird dark vibe from Luke.

Kylo's face is not threatening. Adam's eyebrows are in a neutral, relaxed position. A little furrowed but not nearly as low as Luke's.

Luke's eye is also a lot more shaded/darker especially around the tearduct and under-eye wrinkles. Kylo's is lighter and the skin clearer.

Finally, the lips.

Can't see Kylo's, have no idea what they look like. But Luke is clearly frowning.

I think obscuring Luke's forehead with a lot of hair also adds to the menacing look. Showing skin, in this case on the forehead, makes for a lot more vulnerable of a shot.

That's my take anyway.
@Xylo Ren

As someone says in some other place: All I see is an old dude, a handsome young dude and a gorgeous young woman - what possibly could happen in the movie?

lol!
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry on Wed 19 Apr - 21:52

@Xylo Ren wrote:Something else about the poster I noticed.

Finally, the lips.

That's my take anyway.
@Xylo Ren

Luke does look angry. Kylo looks a little more hurt than angry.

fuhry
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 19 Apr - 22:16

@rey09 wrote:OMG guys I am so annoyed and pissed at the fandom, as usual. Seeing people's LAME theories on the grey jedi. Most saying Luke and Rey will work together to create the grey jedi. Completely excluding kylo. Like um hello?? WHERE IS THE DARK SIDE USER THEN? You can't have grey without the dark force user?? Ugh it's so ridiculous. The symbol is the fusion of their sabers for goodness sake!! It's beyond obvious but.they.are.so.BLIND.
@rey09

Their loss. They were dismissing Kylo as a potential new Jedi or last Jedi or whatever discussion was about, it was always only Luke and Rey with them and some never-seen-before Jedi crawling out of woodwork...and guess who ended up on the poster with Rey and Luke? Not Ahsoka and other surviving Jedi that were supposed to make a Deus Ex Machine return.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MyOnlyHope on Wed 19 Apr - 22:40

Also notice the spot of light reflected in Kylo's pupil. He looks ashamed to me, pensive and effeminate, almost as though he's trying to hide. Luke's eye is dark and menacing. There is no spot of light in his pupil. He strikes me as ominous and determined.

Last edited by MyOnlyHope on Wed 19 Apr - 22:41; edited 1 time in total
MyOnlyHope
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey on Wed 19 Apr - 22:41

I can totally see Hux being killed off pretty early especially as Domhnall Gleeson has got 6 films (inc TLJ) scheduled for release this year and it seems that at least half of them were filming in the same spring/summer 2016 time period.

Shame as I love the ginger space Hitler, okay it's Domhnall I love not Hux.
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Wed 19 Apr - 23:15

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@nemapasara wrote:
@Helix

@nemapasara

@ReyofLightSide

This was a pet theory of mine for a while. That Kylo gets attacked for the reveal and it's the last straw. Except he goes way too far and slaughters everyone instead of just his attackers.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 19 Apr - 23:34

I agree with everyone that they definitely went with hardened, menacing look for Luke and softened, sympathetic look for Kylo.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 19 Apr - 23:47

Ok, so they are definitely going to keep Kylo's whereabouts a secret for while:

http://etcanada.com/video/923610691582/daisy-ridley-shares-insight-on-reys-journey/

Daisy's talking about working a lot with Mark, no mention of Adam, so I guess we are not supposed to know that Kylo's on Ahch-to.  Very Happy
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Thu 20 Apr - 0:07

@vaderito wrote:Ok, so they are definitely going to keep Kylo's whereabouts a secret for while:

http://etcanada.com/video/923610691582/daisy-ridley-shares-insight-on-reys-journey/

Daisy's talking about working a lot with Mark, no mention of Adam, so I guess we are not supposed to know that Kylo's on Ahch-to.  Very Happy
@vaderito

she's so well spoken. I just adore her.

Also, what point in the film do you guys think Kylo will show up on Ahch-to? I think it'll be over half way, like a 3rd of the way through. Which will make me just die in my seat waiting hahaha
SheLitAFire
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 20 Apr - 0:16

@vaderito wrote:Ok, so they are definitely going to keep Kylo's whereabouts a secret for while:

@vaderito

Yeah, if she said Adam that'd be a huge spoiler. You don't expect the hero to spend a lot of time with the villain, as they usually only meet in battles or capture scenes. Revealing that she'd spent a bulk of the film with Adam would hint that he's on Ach-To long enough to change.

Last time around Gleeson got sued for spilling the buzz word, "Starkiller Base". This time the buzz word is "Adam Driver" and "Kylo Ren". ROFL
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 20 Apr - 0:17

@SheLitAFire wrote:

@vaderito

Also, what point in the film do you guys think Kylo will show up on Ahch-to? I think it'll be over half way, like a 3rd of the way through. Which will make me just die in my seat waiting hahaha
@SheLitAFire

Supposedly end of the first act. he arrives fairly early.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Thu 20 Apr - 0:20

@vaderito wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:

@vaderito

@SheLitAFire

Supposedly end of the first act. he arrives fairly early.
@vaderito
Yep, all the evidence is pointing to Kylo arriving pretty early on.
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 20 Apr - 0:20

It's clear them meeting is going to be huge. It's so hush-hush right now, so I'm guessing it's the big secret thing in this film. At least for now... If they can't mention Kylo, I'm assuming it's because him being on Lonely Luke island might slip out.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 20 Apr - 0:21

@SheLitAFire wrote:

@vaderito

@SheLitAFire

First third of the movie will be Rey learning about the Force and the history of Luke/Jedi.
Finn and Poe will be with the Resistance, Rose and Finn are introduced to their secret mission. Leia is...??
Kylo will have time to brood (smash his mask) and confront Snoke about his failure on SKB

They will drag out their inevitable meeting to build anticipation.

I imagine Kylo will reach the island at the beginning of the halfway point, maybe 40~50 minutes into the movie. I think that gives them plenty of time to reintroduce the characters, throw in an action scene, and establish the plot.
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 20 Apr - 0:25

@Helix wrote:It's clear them meeting is going to be huge. It's so hush-hush right now, so I'm guessing it's the big secret thing in this film. At least for now... If they can't mention Kylo, I'm assuming it's because him being on Lonely Luke island might slip out.
@Helix

yep. GA doesn't follow spoiler sites so they don't know about Adam filming there and plot points from MSW. They even included Kylo scene in the teaser that doesn't give away his location or whom he's confronting (we knew but @Xylo Ren confirmed it with eye close up that it's Rey's blue saber). Though the editing of Rey running towards...cut to Kylo was pretty big hint.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Thu 20 Apr - 0:55

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:

@vaderito

@SheLitAFire

First third of the movie will be Rey learning about the Force and the history of Luke/Jedi.
Finn and Poe will be with the Resistance, Rose and Finn are introduced to their secret mission. Leia is...??
Kylo will have time to brood (smash his mask) and confront Snoke about his failure on SKB

They will drag out their inevitable meeting to build anticipation.

I imagine Kylo will reach the island at the beginning of the halfway point, maybe 40~50 minutes into the movie. I think that gives them plenty of time to reintroduce the characters, throw in an action scene, and establish the plot.
@Xylo Ren

That would make me happy if they waited until the half way point! Build some suspense but don't wait too long!!
SheLitAFire
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 20 Apr - 1:07

I thought the movie should open when them kissing and the rest be explained later, but Rian wouldn't respond to my emails. Razz
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 20 Apr - 1:20

@SheLitAFire wrote:

@vaderito

@SheLitAFire

I do think first act has to be Rey and Luke together, Kylo and Snoke together training, gathering knowledge so they can then face each other. Second act will be partially Rey on the island exploring, training and then Kylo arriving with his group and fight them. So in the third act we have them together and going forward to something they has to go to.
DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum