The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by EchoBase on Thu 20 Apr - 2:14

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Ok, so they are definitely going to keep Kylo's whereabouts a secret for while:

http://etcanada.com/video/923610691582/daisy-ridley-shares-insight-on-reys-journey/

Daisy's talking about working a lot with Mark, no mention of Adam, so I guess we are not supposed to know that Kylo's on Ahch-to.  Very Happy
@vaderito

Yeah, if she said Adam that'd be a huge spoiler. You don't expect the hero to spend a lot of time with the villain, as they usually only meet in battles or capture scenes. Revealing that she'd spent a bulk of the film with Adam would hint that he's on Ach-To long enough to change.

Last time around Gleeson got sued for spilling the buzz word, "Starkiller Base". This time the buzz word is "Adam Driver" and "Kylo Ren". ROFL
@Xylo Ren

Remember Daisy mentioning Adam in her earlier interviews (after shooting for TLJ was finished) she talked with him to get advice for an audition and him mentioning her when Larry King asked him if he bonds with other cast members. They must have spent some time together.

Also, during the promo for TFA, their confrontation (Kylo and Rey) was never mentioned as well. It was a big secret. So I assume, if someone or something isn't mentioned at all, there must be something huge happening.
avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2223
Likes : 8313
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 20 Apr - 5:03

@fuhry wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:Something else about the poster I noticed.

I've just now realized how closed Luke's eyes are, contributing to his overall menacing or intense look.

Meanwhile Kylo on the other side has his eyes more open.



When it comes to body language and reading facial expressions, whenever you have a more closed eye and an eyebrow sitting so low on the eye like Luke, it looks like that person is angry. That's why people even on a subconscious level, get a weird dark vibe from Luke.

Kylo's face is not threatening. Adam's eyebrows are in a neutral, relaxed position. A little furrowed but not nearly as low as Luke's.

Luke's eye is also a lot more shaded/darker especially around the tearduct and under-eye wrinkles. Kylo's is lighter and the skin clearer.

Finally, the lips.

Can't see Kylo's, have no idea what they look like. But Luke is clearly frowning.

I think obscuring Luke's forehead with a lot of hair also adds to the menacing look. Showing skin, in this case on the forehead, makes for a lot more vulnerable of a shot.

That's my take anyway.
@Xylo Ren

Luke does look angry. Kylo looks a little more hurt than angry.

@fuhry

That's what I noticed as well. I wonder what that's meant to imply..
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1539
Likes : 6402
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 20 Apr - 7:47

Someone earlier mentioned the CS Lewis novels, which brings to mind one of them, The Silver Chair.

Aslan told the two child protagonists that they would meet someone who would call on them for help in his name, and no matter the circumstances they were to do as he asked.
Later, on a quest to rescue a lost prince from an evil sorceress they met her right hand man, a knight in black armour, who told them he suffered from bouts of madness and during these fits had to be strapped to the silver chair of the title, in order to prevent him from harming others.
During one of his fits he begged them to release him in Aslan's name and despite their fear they did so- he was of course the lost prince and their actions saved the day.
I wonder if Rey will have to make a similar choice?
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1539
Likes : 6402
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by bossbaby on Thu 20 Apr - 10:32

@EchoBase wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:
@vaderito wrote:Ok, so they are definitely going to keep Kylo's whereabouts a secret for while:

http://etcanada.com/video/923610691582/daisy-ridley-shares-insight-on-reys-journey/

Daisy's talking about working a lot with Mark, no mention of Adam, so I guess we are not supposed to know that Kylo's on Ahch-to.  Very Happy
@vaderito

Yeah, if she said Adam that'd be a huge spoiler. You don't expect the hero to spend a lot of time with the villain, as they usually only meet in battles or capture scenes. Revealing that she'd spent a bulk of the film with Adam would hint that he's on Ach-To long enough to change.

Last time around Gleeson got sued for spilling the buzz word, "Starkiller Base". This time the buzz word is "Adam Driver" and "Kylo Ren". ROFL
@Xylo Ren

Remember Daisy mentioning Adam in her earlier interviews (after shooting for TLJ was finished) she talked with him to get advice for an audition and him mentioning her when Larry King asked him if he bonds with other cast members. They must have spent some time together.

Also, during the promo for TFA, their confrontation (Kylo and Rey) was never mentioned as well. It was a big secret. So I assume, if someone or something isn't mentioned at all, there must be something huge happening.
@EchoBase


Daisy may have let something slip in this interview, though, in trying to keep it a secret.

She said she spent "a lot of the film with Mark", which indicates that Rey doesn't spend all of it with Luke. So they are probably separated at some point.

She also implies that Rey shares at least one scene with Finn, which hints at a major time skip, since it would seem weird to have Rey declare that "we'll meet again someday" only to meet again just a few days later.

So is it possible that Kylo and Rey will end up having extensive bonding time together, without Luke, during a time skip of possibly months or years?
avatar
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 79
Likes : 431
Date d'inscription : 2017-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 20 Apr - 12:06

That sounds interesting....and if her opinion of Kylo changes, what will Finn think of it?
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1539
Likes : 6402
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by bossbaby on Thu 20 Apr - 12:16

@motherofpearl1 wrote:That sounds interesting....and if her opinion of Kylo changes, what will Finn think of it?
@motherofpearl1

He definitely won't come to terms with it until IX, if ever. I predict a big falling out at the end of TLJ.

Maybe an echo of the trio separation between Han and Luke/Leia at the end of ESB, except this time it's emotionally volatile and entirely voluntary?
avatar
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 79
Likes : 431
Date d'inscription : 2017-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 20 Apr - 12:22

There is something that has occurred to me since Daisy mentioned Luke 'isn't going to live up to Rey's expectations'.

When Maz told Rey that 'there was someone who could still come back' she automatically assumed it to be Luke- and although Maz didn't contradict her she didn't confirm it either.
Now...Rey is going to find Luke a 'disappointment', just like Kylo told her his father would have disappointed her. So - who is it that 'could come back?'

Luke disappoints her, Han's gone, her family are gone and Finn has someone else.

Rey has no one. And if Leia dies, and he rejects Snoke, neither does Kylo.
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1539
Likes : 6402
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 20 Apr - 12:25

@bossbaby wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:That sounds interesting....and if her opinion of Kylo changes, what will Finn think of it?
@motherofpearl1

He definitely won't come to terms with it until IX, if ever. I predict a big falling out at the end of TLJ.

Maybe an echo of the trio separation between Han and Luke/Leia at the end of ESB, except this time it's emotionally volatile and entirely voluntary?
@bossbaby

Yes, I can see that happening,because unlike Rey Finn hasn't got 'The Force'....he can't 'feel' Kylo's pain and loneliness, and has no idea of what Ben Solo's been through. To him Kylo Ren is a monster.

I will say this though...if Rose betrays him, then comes back to him it might help him understand people are shades of grey and things are never as simple as good and evil.
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1539
Likes : 6402
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by Darth Dingbat on Thu 20 Apr - 13:14

@bossbaby wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:That sounds interesting....and if her opinion of Kylo changes, what will Finn think of it?
@motherofpearl1

He definitely won't come to terms with it until IX, if ever. I predict a big falling out at the end of TLJ.

Maybe an echo of the trio separation between Han and Luke/Leia at the end of ESB, except this time it's emotionally volatile and entirely voluntary?
@bossbaby

Unless something happens to Rose and Kylo (or Ben, rather) redeems himself in Finn's eyes by helping to rescue her.

No idea how something like this might happen... it's just a random idea to show that it's not completely impossible that Finn might forgive Kylo, if the circumstances were right.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3570
Likes : 22976
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 20 Apr - 13:29

I actually hope he does; it would be a shame if Rey found love but had to sacrifice her friendship with Finn.
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1539
Likes : 6402
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by bossbaby on Thu 20 Apr - 13:30

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@bossbaby wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:That sounds interesting....and if her opinion of Kylo changes, what will Finn think of it?
@motherofpearl1

He definitely won't come to terms with it until IX, if ever. I predict a big falling out at the end of TLJ.

Maybe an echo of the trio separation between Han and Luke/Leia at the end of ESB, except this time it's emotionally volatile and entirely voluntary?
@bossbaby

Unless something happens to Rose and Kylo (or Ben, rather) redeems himself in Finn's eyes by helping to rescue her.

No idea how something like this might happen... it's just a random idea to show that it's not completely impossible that Finn might forgive Kylo, if the circumstances were right.
@Darth Dingbat

I can definitely see that happening. They'd probably save it for the last movie of the trilogy though.

Reylo fighting and then falling in love and THEN returning to the Resistance and falling out with Finn is already a lot of emotional transformations to cram into one movie.

ETA: Plus if you factor in the time Rey spends with Luke before Kylo arrives, that gives the movie only Acts 2 and 3 at the very most to cycle through all this evolution and drama.
avatar
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 79
Likes : 431
Date d'inscription : 2017-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 20 Apr - 14:19

Oh definitely.
It's funny but I have this vision at the end of IX of a redeemed Kylo about to be executed by an unforgiving galactic government, and at the last minute Finn, Rey and Poe spring him....and Finn says: 'This is a rescue'.........
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1539
Likes : 6402
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by SkyStar on Thu 20 Apr - 15:04

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Oh definitely.
It's funny but I have this vision at the end of IX of a redeemed Kylo about to be executed by an unforgiving galactic government, and at the last minute Finn, Rey and Poe spring him....and Finn says: 'This is a rescue'.........
@motherofpearl1

Either I have read too much Russian classical novels, or I feel like him going into imprisonment by himself would be the ultimate self sacrifice. Especially as he is a royalty, a prince. In the meaning that he should fall low, to raise up again. It would be humiliating for him, but also would mean he has overcome the shame of what he has done and is not running from it.
avatar
SkyStar
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 280
Likes : 1630
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-01
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 20 Apr - 15:13

@SkyStar wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:Oh definitely.
It's funny but I have this vision at the end of IX of a redeemed Kylo about to be executed by an unforgiving galactic government, and at the last minute Finn, Rey and Poe spring him....and Finn says: 'This is a rescue'.........
@motherofpearl1

Either I have read too much Russian classical novels, or I feel like him going into imprisonment by himself would be the ultimate self sacrifice. Especially as he is a royalty, a prince. In the meaning that he should fall low, to raise up again. It would be humiliating for him, but also would mean he has overcome the shame of what he has done and is not running from it.
@SkyStar

Yes, and get rescued afterwards!
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1539
Likes : 6402
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by Magnolia_3.0 on Thu 20 Apr - 20:59

Sorry if anyone in the group ever mentioned it! But did anyone else here find it strange that the image of the saber on this poster is incomplete? It reminds me of a scale weighing only one side. The side of Kylo (that by the way, Rey is inclined towards him).
avatar
Magnolia_3.0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 93
Likes : 194
Date d'inscription : 2016-11-18
Age : 30
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by Hasi on Thu 20 Apr - 21:54

Apologies for the late post but I loved the trailer, it was everything I was hoping for and more (also in relation to swc, the tribute to Carrie was so touching. And I'm so glad that they made Hayden feel welcome)! And Rian Johnson is adorable, and I mean it in the best possible way...he seemed so passionate and emotional about the Star Wars universe, the fans and the movie...I always had a good feeling and I definetely think the story is in good hands.
-I still can't believe that they already showed us unmasked Kylo and I still can't believe that they already and explicitly used the world "Balance"...the Reylo fandom really is years ahead when it comes to understanding this trilogy.
-if they give me even just 1 (one) shot of Kylo being on a cliff and staring broodingly at the horizon with conflicted feelings about Rey/Snoke/the whole situation while the nature of the island reflects his inner turmoil and the wind makes his cape billow I will faint. 
-the battle scene looked great! The ones in Tfa didn't impress me at all but given the movies that inspired Rian it makes me hope that in TLJ they will be way better.
-also Rey and Kylo's themes when mentioning Light & Darkness...their themes are another thing that connects  them and they are intertwined too and I still can't believe that they used them in the trailer in that way. Be still my poor heart.

After a week I still have so many feelings...especially when I remember that the production name of the movie was "Space Bear", that Rey and Kylo still haven't said each other's name, that Daisy said that Rey will be emotionally injured...I really can't wait to know more! Also I don't remember in which radio interview, they asked Daisy if she had a new outfit in episode VIII and she answered 'maybe' ,then they asked her 'is there a romance?' and she also answered with 'maybe'...we know know that she gets a new outfit indeed, so I wonder about the romance...as Daisy said, we shall see Wink

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Oh definitely.
It's funny but I have this vision at the end of IX of a redeemed Kylo about to be executed by an unforgiving galactic government, and at the last minute Finn, Rey and Poe spring him....and Finn says: 'This is a rescue'.........
@motherofpearl1 I know it's a popular theory but for some reasons I can't imagine Kylo ending up rotting in jail at the end of the trilogy...I see him being on his own coming of age journey beside Rey and Finn, and I think this trilogy will end on a hopeful tone, because otherwise I doubt they would have ruined the perfect ending of ROTJ. I would like to see Kylo rising from his ashes and doing something to honor the memory of his father and his legacy (in the right way, not talking to the melted mask of grandpa Vader) and repent in a more active and useful way than just withering away in a cell. I would like to see him having a second chance at life (a life without Snoke) and finding his own way to use his Force powers without anyone targeting him or telling him how to use them, and to make peace with both the Light and the Dark inside him. I could see him coming back with the name of Ben Skywalker/Organa or Solo and starting a new path that include both Light & Darkness (grey Force users for lack of a better term) with Rey being his partner in every sense of the word (or maybe being his first student, in case the "You need a teacher!" line is supposed to foreshadow something). My perfect ending would be Rey and Kylo and going off together to live on a green planet and just healing their wounds, finding solace in each other and adopting an ewok (lol), but given their status of Force sensitives I highly doubt that they will have this luxury.

@Magnolia_3.0 It could be! As we know Tfa posters were full of symbolism...for now we can only speculate but once TLJ is out, it will be fun to go back and verify things like this.
avatar
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 115
Likes : 771
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by AceofWands on Thu 20 Apr - 22:57

@Magnolia_3.0 wrote:Sorry if anyone in the group ever mentioned it! But did anyone else here find it strange that the image of the saber on this poster is incomplete? It reminds me of a scale weighing only one side. The side of Kylo (that by the way, Rey is inclined towards him).
@Magnolia_3.0

I hadn't noticed it. What a find. Yes, it looks like a scale, and Kylo weights a lot more! But it is also as if she's pointing to Luke. In fact, her head is also pointed towards him. Or as if there's a connection, a line joining her and Luke, whereas there's only a line between her and Kylo.

They obviously didn't simply forget to draw a line. Smile Anyways, it's the direction she looks. It's almost as if the poster should have been her and Luke and Kylo comes out as an intruder...

Lots of interesting stuff. Great poster.

Again, I hadn't seen or noticed that one. Great observation!


avatar
AceofWands
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 336
Likes : 1114
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-11
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by DarthRen on Fri 21 Apr - 0:08

@Hasi wrote:Apologies for the late post but I loved the trailer, it was everything I was hoping for and more (also in relation to swc, the tribute to Carrie was so touching. And I'm so glad that they made Hayden feel welcome)! And Rian Johnson is adorable, and I mean it in the best possible way...he seemed so passionate and emotional about the Star Wars universe, the fans and the movie...I always had a good feeling and I definetely think the story is in good hands.
-I still can't believe that they already showed us unmasked Kylo and I still can't believe that they already and explicitly used the world "Balance"...the Reylo fandom really is years ahead when it comes to understanding this trilogy.
-if they give me even just 1 (one) shot of Kylo being on a cliff and staring broodingly at the horizon with conflicted feelings about Rey/Snoke/the whole situation while the nature of the island reflects his inner turmoil and the wind makes his cape billow I will faint. 
-the battle scene looked great! The ones in Tfa didn't impress me at all but given the movies that inspired Rian it makes me hope that in TLJ they will be way better.
-also Rey and Kylo's themes when mentioning Light & Darkness...their themes are another thing that connects  them and they are intertwined too and I still can't believe that they used them in the trailer in that way. Be still my poor heart.

After a week I still have so many feelings...especially when I remember that the production name of the movie was "Space Bear", that Rey and Kylo still haven't said each other's name, that Daisy said that Rey will be emotionally injured...I really can't wait to know more! Also I don't remember in which radio interview, they asked Daisy if she had a new outfit in episode VIII and she answered 'maybe' ,then they asked her 'is there a romance?' and she also answered with 'maybe'...we know know that she gets a new outfit indeed, so I wonder about the romance...as Daisy said, we shall see Wink

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Oh definitely.
It's funny but I have this vision at the end of IX of a redeemed Kylo about to be executed by an unforgiving galactic government, and at the last minute Finn, Rey and Poe spring him....and Finn says: 'This is a rescue'.........
@motherofpearl1 I know it's a popular theory but for some reasons I can't imagine Kylo ending up rotting in jail at the end of the trilogy...I see him being on his own coming of age journey beside Rey and Finn, and I think this trilogy will end on a hopeful tone, because otherwise I doubt they would have ruined the perfect ending of ROTJ. I would like to see Kylo rising from his ashes and doing something to honor the memory of his father and his legacy (in the right way, not talking to the melted mask of grandpa Vader) and repent in a more active and useful way than just withering away in a cell. I would like to see him having a second chance at life (a life without Snoke) and finding his own way to use his Force powers without anyone targeting him or telling him how to use them, and to make peace with both the Light and the Dark inside him. I could see him coming back with the name of Ben Skywalker/Organa or Solo and starting a new path that include both Light & Darkness (grey Force users for lack of a better term) with Rey being his partner in every sense of the word (or maybe being his first student, in case the "You need a teacher!" line is supposed to foreshadow something). My perfect ending would be Rey and Kylo and going off together to live on a green planet and just healing their wounds, finding solace in each other and adopting an ewok (lol), but given their status of Force sensitives I highly doubt that they will have this luxury.

@Magnolia_3.0 It could be! As we know Tfa posters were full of symbolism...for now we can only speculate but once TLJ is out, it will be fun to go back and verify things like this.
@Hasi

Rey's emotional injuries will be about her parents mainly. She sees belonging and her family, that would scar her if she finds out some horrible truth about them or if they died. Luke maybe had something to do with it.

Where did you heard that interview from Daisy, Was it before celebration or during it? I'v watched quite a few interview from the Celebration but no mention of romance or outfits. i know Daisy mentioned subtle romance before TFA and then at some point maybe falling in love with friends or something like that. Trailer did showed a lot and more than any of us expected and got a good stuff to talk about.
avatar
DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 403
Likes : 1162
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 27
Localisation : Czech Republic

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by ReyofLightSide on Fri 21 Apr - 2:02

Looking at the trailer shot of Kylo- to @XyloRen 's point, he does look like he is lowering his saber. He is even bending his arm and lowering his shoulder.
avatar
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 606
Likes : 3188
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by snufkin on Fri 21 Apr - 3:42

The Guardian got this quote out of Oscar Isaac:

“The characters that you know already: their specific character flaws or their weaknesses get tested. And out of that, I think, you get to see a bit more of who they are. The best way to learn about somebody is to see them in a crisis.”

Which I'm not really interested in the further adventures of the Beautiful Friendship Gang, that's a big part of why we're going to find out things didn't go so well with Luke through Rey's eyes. There may be more concrete information dropped about who she is and her family. But it's more likely the idealism she has about the value of family is going to get put through the ringer seeing up close the Star Wars equivalent to the Bluth family.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4745
Likes : 20162
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by Hasi on Fri 21 Apr - 16:53

@DarthRen wrote:@Hasi

Rey's emotional injuries will be about her parents mainly. She sees belonging and her family, that would scar her if she finds out some horrible truth about them or if they died. Luke maybe had something to do with it.

Where did you heard that interview from Daisy, Was it before celebration or during it? I'v watched quite a few interview from the Celebration but no mention of romance or outfits. i know Daisy mentioned subtle romance before TFA and then at some point maybe falling in love with friends or something like that. Trailer did showed a lot and more than any of us expected and got a good stuff to talk about.
@DarthRen Yes I think Rey will be injured by sth that has to do with her family + Luke "the myth" Skywalker turning out the opposite of what she expected + her newfound and very powerful Force sensitivity being a huge weight on her shoulders + sth to do with Kylo like conflicted feelings etc.?

Sadly I don't remember where that interview is from, but I'm pretty sure it was from some radio interview (I've been reading and hearing tfa and tlj infos for a year now so sometimes the sources get murky in my head lol), way before we knew the title of the new episode. Probably from last summer or fall? But yes when it comes to romance Daisy usually just says "we shall see/maybe" and then starts talking about the power of friendship. Kinda like Kelly "Are we gonna ship Finn Rose?" "I wish I could tell you more".  If someone can't answer or deflects the question, the answer usually is yes lol.
avatar
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 115
Likes : 771
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Fri 21 Apr - 17:05

@Magnolia_3.0 wrote:Sorry if anyone in the group ever mentioned it! But did anyone else here find it strange that the image of the saber on this poster is incomplete? It reminds me of a scale weighing only one side. The side of Kylo (that by the way, Rey is inclined towards him).
@Magnolia_3.0

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but I think that's just a design element. Since making the starburst too balanced with same spikes on all sides would be too cartoonish and off sets the design. They're going for a lens glare effect and lens glares dont look like perfect starbursts.

The poster is orientend with a vertical asymmetrical balance with the blade in the middle but with Luke bigger and Kylo smaller, the lens glare is just following a similar pattern of asymmetry that's all.

ETA: On why Rey is sort of looking at Luke and not Kylo. 

Rey is right handed in this picture, and to create a dynamic looking yet static position, the body is posed in contraposto. Being right handed, her strong foot should be her left and so the lower body must face left, while the upper body goes the opposite way. Her strong foot isnt obvious since she stands astride, but her upperbody follows the dynamic of contraposto. 

So it's not because she's looking at Luke and not at Kylo. It's just design elements. Now for the reason why Luke is on the left and Kylo on the right, that's a whole different story that composition elements alone may not fully explain.
avatar
Rei of Sunshine
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 729
Likes : 5748
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 23
Localisation : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by DarthRen on Fri 21 Apr - 18:13

@Hasi wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:@Hasi

Rey's emotional injuries will be about her parents mainly. She sees belonging and her family, that would scar her if she finds out some horrible truth about them or if they died. Luke maybe had something to do with it.

Where did you heard that interview from Daisy, Was it before celebration or during it? I'v watched quite a few interview from the Celebration but no mention of romance or outfits. i know Daisy mentioned subtle romance before TFA and then at some point maybe falling in love with friends or something like that. Trailer did showed a lot and more than any of us expected and got a good stuff to talk about.
@DarthRen Yes I think Rey will be injured by sth that has to do with her family + Luke "the myth" Skywalker turning out the opposite of what she expected + her newfound and very powerful Force sensitivity being a huge weight on her shoulders + sth to do with Kylo like conflicted feelings etc.?

Sadly I don't remember where that interview is from, but I'm pretty sure it was from some radio interview (I've been reading and hearing tfa and tlj infos for a year now so sometimes the sources get murky in my head lol), way before we knew the title of the new episode. Probably from last summer or fall? But yes when it comes to romance Daisy usually just says "we shall see/maybe" and then starts talking about the power of friendship. Kinda like Kelly "Are we gonna ship Finn Rose?" "I wish I could tell you more".  If someone can't answer or deflects the question, the answer usually is yes lol.
@Hasi

I know Daisy did an interview for one radion in Uk, that might be it. For BBC I think. I trust you, just that wanted to watch it.
avatar
DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 403
Likes : 1162
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 27
Localisation : Czech Republic

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 21 Apr - 21:05

@Hasi wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:@Hasi

Rey's emotional injuries will be about her parents mainly. She sees belonging and her family, that would scar her if she finds out some horrible truth about them or if they died. Luke maybe had something to do with it.

Where did you heard that interview from Daisy, Was it before celebration or during it? I'v watched quite a few interview from the Celebration but no mention of romance or outfits. i know Daisy mentioned subtle romance before TFA and then at some point maybe falling in love with friends or something like that. Trailer did showed a lot and more than any of us expected and got a good stuff to talk about.
@DarthRen Yes I think Rey will be injured by sth that has to do with her family + Luke "the myth" Skywalker turning out the opposite of what she expected + her newfound and very powerful Force sensitivity being a huge weight on her shoulders + sth to do with Kylo like conflicted feelings etc.?

Sadly I don't remember where that interview is from, but I'm pretty sure it was from some radio interview (I've been reading and hearing tfa and tlj infos for a year now so sometimes the sources get murky in my head lol), way before we knew the title of the new episode. Probably from last summer or fall? But yes when it comes to romance Daisy usually just says "we shall see/maybe" and then starts talking about the power of friendship. Kinda like Kelly "Are we gonna ship Finn Rose?" "I wish I could tell you more".  If someone can't answer or deflects the question, the answer usually is yes lol.
@Hasi

That Daisy interview was either her guesting on the "My Dad Made a Porno" podcast or one of the Mtv podcasts. I'm certain it was one of those two, but I don't recall specifically which one.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 3532
Likes : 18131
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by Hasi on Fri 21 Apr - 21:18

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Hasi wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:@Hasi

Rey's emotional injuries will be about her parents mainly. She sees belonging and her family, that would scar her if she finds out some horrible truth about them or if they died. Luke maybe had something to do with it.

Where did you heard that interview from Daisy, Was it before celebration or during it? I'v watched quite a few interview from the Celebration but no mention of romance or outfits. i know Daisy mentioned subtle romance before TFA and then at some point maybe falling in love with friends or something like that. Trailer did showed a lot and more than any of us expected and got a good stuff to talk about.
@DarthRen Yes I think Rey will be injured by sth that has to do with her family + Luke "the myth" Skywalker turning out the opposite of what she expected + her newfound and very powerful Force sensitivity being a huge weight on her shoulders + sth to do with Kylo like conflicted feelings etc.?

Sadly I don't remember where that interview is from, but I'm pretty sure it was from some radio interview (I've been reading and hearing tfa and tlj infos for a year now so sometimes the sources get murky in my head lol), way before we knew the title of the new episode. Probably from last summer or fall? But yes when it comes to romance Daisy usually just says "we shall see/maybe" and then starts talking about the power of friendship. Kinda like Kelly "Are we gonna ship Finn Rose?" "I wish I could tell you more".  If someone can't answer or deflects the question, the answer usually is yes lol.
@Hasi

That Daisy interview was either her guesting on the "My Dad Made a Porno" podcast or one of the Mtv podcasts. I'm certain it was one of those two, but I don't recall specifically which one.
@ISeeAnIsland
It's from "My dad wrote a porno" indeed! How could I forget such a name lol Thank you! Very Happy
avatar
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 115
Likes : 771
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-04

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum