The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Last Jedi Trailer(s)

Post by EchoBase on Tue 10 Oct - 14:49

Imagine Rey accepting Kylo's offer (whatever that will be) and taking his hand. That girl who doesn't want anyone to hold her hand in TFA Wink.

Last edited by EchoBase on Tue 10 Oct - 14:50; edited 1 time in total
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Tue 10 Oct - 14:50

@ReyofLightSide wrote:

But aren't the huts mostly stone?
@ReyofLightSide

On the outside. We don't know what they look like inside, may be layered with wood. I'm just throwing ideas around cause the image doesn't match the Temple destruction.

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct - 14:51

Seems like some folks on tumblr and twitter (besides antis) in Reylo fandom are now convinced that romance will not happen between Kylo/Ben and Rey or thazit is only crush on Kylo's part. Like they gave it too much away in the trailer.

I say, just watch TLJ and Episode IX and then judge.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Tue 10 Oct - 14:54

@Night Huntress wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:I think it should be somehow misleading, because now many people think Rey will join the darkside whereas the truth is that either Kylo switches sides or they team up for another reason.
@EchoBase

In the scene where Snoke tortures Rey she has her "grey outfit" with hair down... while in the scene with Kylo she still wears her Arch-Too outfit and buns. So I think the scene with Kylo is before the scene with Snoke... In my opinion they join to end Snoke and it goes wrong somehow Confus
@Night Huntress

Yes - and I notice one of the red guards in the background. I wonder if Rey goes in first and falls into Snoke's hands and Kylo follows her. Inow have very strong doubts Rey goes with Snoke at the end - not after that!
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 10 Oct - 14:56

@Maria26 wrote:Man, that trailer was full of misdirections.

First of all, Snoke ain't talking about Kylo. I'm 99,9 % sure that he is talking about Rey and it might even be the scene where we see him "torturing" her. They are going to have a pretty interesting and heavy exchange.

The last two frames of Rey and Kylo aren't the same scene. For all we know, the first one is Rey talking to Luke. The second one might not even be Kylo holding up is hand for Rey to take it. He could want the lightsaber or for them to give him something.

Also, I've seen people getting mad and thinking that Kylo is about to kill Leia. Yeah....that's not gonna happen.

And what the hell was that on his scar?
@Maria26

I’d be greatly surprised if the hand is not a “come with me” gesture to Rey. I am not a romantic Reylo - that much has become quite clear to me in the past months - but I see it as @FrolickingFizzgig mentioned as a gentleman gesture and even his body language is very reassuring while showing hesitation with his hand slightly shaking and eyes kind of sending “will you come with me?” messages. If it were another actor, I’d hesitate but I don’t think AD leaves anything to chance in terms of acting. I will ask my GA mom what she sees.

Ok, I see Fizz already answered. Sorry.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nite0wl29 on Tue 10 Oct - 14:58

That was probably the most emotional trailer that I've ever had the pleasure of seeing!! Like what a lot of people's have said, I don't believe that the ending scene is the same, but they without a doubt showed us that scene for a reason! Very Happy I believe the pivotal moment between Rey and Kylo is when they're with Snoke.
nite0wl29
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

http://nite0wl29.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 10 Oct - 14:58

@Man Without A Star wrote:I cried at the end!!!! HOLY s***!

The trailer was awesome!!!! So many awesome things! The end with Kylo and Rey was so good that I had to scream with excitement Very Happy
The unexpected heartbreaking moment for me however was the scene when Kylo is attacking the Raddus and he cannot bring himself to kill Leia. That moment made the trailer for me Smile

@Man Without A Star

The acting in that scene! Adam's entire head is shaking and Carrie's expression is perfect. I think we will see her using the Force a lot in this film.

Surely the scene of Kylo is not him holding out his hand and asking for the Anakin's lightsaber? I will be so p*ssed. Would they really go with that much of a misdirect? I don't think they are in the same scene but still....

I don't think Snoke is talking about Kylo either. I wonder if Kylo tries to stop Snoke, Snoke throws him to the side or whatever, then he tortures Rey. The scene of Kylo picking up his lightsaber is him getting back into the fight and he will save Rey.

Last edited by ReyofLightSide on Tue 10 Oct - 15:01; edited 1 time in total
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Tue 10 Oct - 15:00

@ReyofLightSide wrote:

The trailer was awesome!!!! So many awesome things! The end with Kylo and Rey was so good that I had to scream with excitement Very Happy
The unexpected heartbreaking moment for me however was the scene when Kylo is attacking the Raddus and he cannot bring himself to kill Leia. That moment made the trailer for me Smile

@Man Without A Star

The acting in that scene! Adam's entire head is shaking and Carrie's expression is perfect. I think we will see her using the Force a lot in this film.

Surely the scene of Kylo is not him holding out his hand and asking for the Anakin's lightsaber? I will be so p*ssed. Would they really go with that much of a misdirect? I don't think they are in the same scene but still....
@ReyofLightSide

Its amazing that he isn't wearing the mask and we can see his emotions in full glory.
SkyStar

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 10 Oct - 15:00

Watched it again, I'm so looking forward to seeing angsty Luke. Mark is gorgeous in these few scenes.
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 10 Oct - 15:03

@vaderito wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

On the outside. We don't know what they look like inside, may be layered with wood. I'm just throwing ideas around cause the image doesn't match the Temple destruction.

@vaderito

It would be epic if Rey ends up blowing up the hut.
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Tue 10 Oct - 15:04

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@vaderito wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:

@ReyofLightSide

@vaderito

It would be epic if Rey ends up blowing up the hut.
@ReyofLightSide

Yeah, no wonder Luke would get scared of her "Not again"
SkyStar

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anakin Skywalker on Tue 10 Oct - 15:07

this first scene is one of my all time favorites. and I already like second one too
Anakin Skywalker
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 10 Oct - 15:08

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@vaderito wrote:So EW has posted screen caps with comments and they noticed something that I suspected:

http://ew.com/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-trailer-explained/the-last-jedi-trailer-mysteries/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Kylo is looking into the same hangar:

that Finn and Rose team blew up:

I wonder if these 2 scenes are from the same timeline or one happens earlier the other later?
@vaderito

I think that place Finn and Rose blew up was the hanger that Kylo is looking at in the beginning.  My husband just looked it over and there are a number of similarities.  Also, I don't think that the movie would bother with two war factories. I think the Kylo part is earlier because I doubt Finn gets there that fast ... unless ... It is later and Kylo knows Finn is going to blow it up? Under that possibility Kylo would either know ahead of time because he is a double agent type or he just let's Finn go like Jakku.

Edit: Reread your post. You already said it was same hanger. Doh! Sorry, it's late.
@SoloSideCousin

I think that scene of Kylo looking over the hangar and my profile pic of him are the same scene. It's hard to see but it looks like Kylo doesn't have a band-aid and his scar may be more healed.
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 10 Oct - 15:10

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
@Krafty wrote:You know what salts me...
The fact that the phrase "a troubling connection" is a thing that pops up in the new trending stories on Kylo/Ben and Rey in the new trailer.
Harshing my buzz yo. LOL!
@Krafty
Based on TFA alone it is a pretty troubling connection. That doesn't mean things won't change in this one.
@FrolickingFizzgig

It's "troubling" because they're gonna cause the ground to split open when they finally make love with all that rahhh powa Laughing Approves Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 10 Oct - 15:12

@Anakin Skywalker wrote:this first scene is one of my all time favorites. and I already like second one too
@Anakin Skywalker

It's interesting because in many leaks Kylo is not on Crait and that shot looks like he is on the Crait with Stromtroopers. Maybe he's on Crait and then Snoke's SSD or some other scenario none of the leakers mentioned.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star on Tue 10 Oct - 15:15

@SkyStar wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:

@Man Without A Star

@ReyofLightSide

Its amazing that he isn't wearing the mask and we can see his emotions in full glory.
@SkyStar

I so wish that we could have seen his emotions when he observed the Starkiller base firing :/
Man Without A Star
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by colibri on Tue 10 Oct - 15:16

@EchoBase wrote:
@colibri wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:Just ordered my tickets for the midnight premiere on Wednesday night. Claps Jumping

@EchoBase Oh, I'd love to order my tickets, too, but I really want to watch the original version of the film and none of the cinemas where I live seem to be selling tickets for it yet.

I'm getting home now and can't wait for analysing the trailer! Smile

@colibri

Quick, they have a midnight premiere:

http://metropolis-koeln.de/kino/programm/city190/?reihe=2430
@EchoBase
Thank you so much!!!! I got tickets for myself and my family - can't wait!
colibri
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzia on Tue 10 Oct - 15:17

I saw the trailer this morning, i'm so excited! I litterally screamed of surprise and joy and the end of it! I didn't think they would show this much but they did, and it's fine, there are still many things we don't know.

Do you remember when Han said "Snoke is using you, once he'll get what he wants, he'll crush you!" . I'm seriously wondering if Snoke wants Rey and Kylo just to aspire their powers with the force. He really gives me this vibe of a creepy old guy who wants to steal their connection with the force somehow, like a vampire in a way. I may be wrong, but the trailer reinforced this possibility.

Also, when Snoke is hurting Rey, I'm sure Kylo is there, and he will intervene to save her, and then Kylo and Rey will have to fight together against Snoke's guards. I'm so expecting this moment, I can't wait!

I'm so happy because it's everything we had expected, we knew that Rey would find Kylo because Luke could not understand her totally. It's so perfect!!! I love Rian Johnson, i'm pretty confident that episode 8 will be perfect for us reylo fans!
Wizzia
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 10 Oct - 15:18

@Darth Dingbat wrote:I scared my dog by laughing so loud when I saw this on Tumblr.

@Darth Dingbat

I JUST CAN'T BREATHE NOW!

THE GIF OF ALL GIFS.

SMOOOOOOOOTH CRIMINAL.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 10 Oct - 15:23

@EchoBase wrote:Watched it again, I'm so looking forward to seeing angsty Luke. Mark is gorgeous in these few scenes.
@EchoBase

Yes,yes and yes.

Adam was expected to be great, but I was BLOWN AWAY with Mark in those few scenes.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 10 Oct - 15:31

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:Watched it again, I'm so looking forward to seeing angsty Luke. Mark is gorgeous in these few scenes.
@EchoBase

Yes,yes and yes.

Adam was expected to be great, but I was BLOWN AWAY with Mark in those few scenes.
@Darth_Awakened

You're a such a Skywalker groupie....just like me, lol.

Speaking of Skywalkers: I've read something hilarious. There are people out there who believe that Kylo's on Mustafas and reaches his hand out to.......ANAKIN. Yes, the one who's a force ghost and not corporal anymore. Why the hell would he do that? Wouldn't it be the other way around, if force ghost Ani wanted to show him the way? And apart from that.......EEEEW.
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Tue 10 Oct - 15:32

@EchoBase wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@EchoBase

Yes,yes and yes.

@Darth_Awakened

You're a such a Skywalker groupie....just like me, lol.

Speaking of Skywalkers: I've read something hilarious. There are people out there who believe that Kylo's on Mustafas and reaches his hand out to.......ANAKIN. Yes, the one who's a force ghost and not corporal anymore. Why the hell would he do that? Wouldn't it be the other way around, if force ghost Ani wanted to show him the way? And apart from that.......EEEEW.
@EchoBase

I did wonder if Kylo and the stormtroopers are on Mustafar and not Crait in that scene (it looks more like lava than the red earth), but no, he is not reaching out to Grandpappy.
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Tue 10 Oct - 15:33

@vaderito Yep! I agree that it is a different scene. But I truly think it doesn't matter at the end because the way they edited it send a very clear message. Now, there can't be no ambiguity about the fact that Kylo and Rey are important to one another even if very few information are given about their interactions. There couldn't be a more powerful ending for the trailer than the one they gave us.

Another thing that I find really interesting is how much Kylo's shadow is big in this trailer. The more I see the trailer, the more I get the feeling that actually eveything turns around him. Even when he ain't there, he is actually constantly there, even where we don't expect him to be:
1) The first part of the trailer focuseson Kylo's trajectory and his relationship with Snoke
2) The second part focuses on Rey's trajectory but Rey's awakening powers offer a glimpse of Ben's relationship with his uncle
3) The third part focuses on Kylo's psyche and his relationship with his mother as he seems to let go of his past by destroying the Resistance fleet
4) The fourth part focuses on the battle between the Resistance and the FO
5) The fifth part shows all people who are meant to  play a role in Kylo's trajectory:
- The masters: Luke (This is not going to go the way you think!) vs. Snoke (Now, fulfill your destiny)
- The attachments: Leia & Rey
6) The trailer ends on his relationship with Rey: "I need someone who can show me my place in all of this!"

So basically, the trailer is giving away:
1) How Snoke sees Kylo ==> a raw, untamed, very special power
2) How Luke sees him    ==> a raw strenght that scares him
3) How Kylo sees himself ==> someone who shall let go of his past to become what he is meant to be (which implies to destroy his attachment to his mother)
4) How Rey could see him ==> someone who could show her where her place is
5) The dilemma he is facing ==> "Now fulfill your destiny!" (by killing or letting kill the girl)
The transition between the two last parts is really interesting because the viewer is suspended to what will happen to Rey as Snoke is saying "Now fulfill your destiny". And then, the trailer ends with Kylo offering his hand to her as if his choice was made.

More important, the trailer opens and ends with a shot of Kylo:
1) This is how it begins:

Kylo stands in front of a big hangar, which IMO conveys some rumination moment that reminds me of Anakin and Padme's ruminations scene. So it conveys inner conflict/ambiguity.
2) This is how it ends:

The choice is made. After hearing during the whole trailer how much Kylo is meant to be a raw beast, how much he is ready to let go of his attachments, the viewer is finally shown Kylo offering his hand with sad puppy eyes to the girl who was shown being tortured by Snoke and asking for someone to fill an important part in her life just a few seconds before.

So the trailer shows how much Kylo is meant to be an Anakin in reverse.

Last edited by reylo1992 on Tue 10 Oct - 15:39; edited 1 time in total
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Tue 10 Oct - 15:35

still me this morning:

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Tue 10 Oct - 15:35

OMGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT DID I JUST SEE?? WAS THAT ENDING FOR REAL??? We are sure that ending was not fanmade inserted by a Reylo fan??? I still feel like I'm dreaming. I dunno why I have lost hope a few months ago XD But today is really my happiest day!!

Just as everybody speculated, the storytelling in the trailer was obvious. The opening voiceovers seems to imply both Kylo and Rey has something special in them. Rey said she need help, she thought Luke could help. But then Luke walked away, symbolized by "this raw strength scares me now." also the camera zoomed her out like she was left alone again. Then comes a summary of Kylo's arc! It's obvious it says... here's the guy who's gonna help our heroine! Then... Reylo at the end... no matter what, they're totally gonna make alliance! Reylo's special powers has something to do with Journal of the Whills, imo. Their powers together will be the key of the whole saga.

Romantic or not, they are definitely AN INSEPARABLE PAIR! If its not gonna be "Han/Leia" couple, then its "Mulder/Scully" partnership, I would still totally dig it! bounce (still hoping for a kiss at the end of TLJ though Razz)
shii405
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum