Not Hard to See, the Future is

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Hasi on Tue 2 May - 17:41

It's definetely nice seeing your interpretations and thoughts about the movies being confirmed every single time Very Happy

Meanwhile on 4chan the dudebros awaken:

http://holocroning.tumblr.com/post/159845344898/id-expect-the-four-horsemen-of-the-apocalypse-to

"How did they do it?"  ...Quick guys hide they discovered our secret powers!!!!1111!!!!111!!  lol!
Like you just have to watch the movie to see it but better late than never I guess.
Also a prediction that I'd rather have not seen happening- I already saw some posts like "Rey who? From now on there's only Rose, Finn and Poe". I knew that once they would see that Rey is not one of the three musketeers some people would drop her like a sack of potatoes, especially since they can't use the "You don't think Finnrey will happen because you're  a racist" excuse anymore. In the future I wouldn't be surprised to see some posts like "Rey is a ***** how could she choose the white evil emo guy over the amazing and flawless poc characters", not realizing that they are fictional characters in a fictional universe.
Hasi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Wed 24 May - 14:30

This thread is starting to remind me of the "Simpsons already did it" episode of South Park. Laughing Reylos already predicted it!

So in addition to Rey's hair coming down, Rey will wear more revealing/womanly clothing as she comes into womanhood.

May 2017 Vanity Fair photographs of Rey = B00bs on a Plane.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 25 May - 7:48

I've just found this article and it frankly terrified me
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/when-your-child-is-a-psychopath/524502/

But it also shows why if someone like Kylo existed in real life could be saved. And the big difference between him and Hux.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper on Mon 29 May - 4:57

@MeadowofAshes wrote:This thread is starting to remind me of the "Simpsons already did it" episode of South Park. Laughing Reylos already predicted it!

So in addition to Rey's hair coming down, Rey will wear more revealing/womanly clothing as she comes into womanhood.

May 2017 Vanity Fair photographs of Rey = B00bs on a Plane.
@MeadowofAshes

Thank you!  I was wondering if anyone was discussing the 'eye-popping' new costume.  I seem to have arrived at my destination.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 20 Jun - 18:13

@Xylo Ren wrote:Hey guys,

Because I'm petty af, I made a list of predictions we had based on TFA and different developments that have thus far been proven right. Feel free to add on to anything I missed.

In no particular order:

1. Kylo’s scar moved for aesthetic reasons (RJ on twitter)
2. Rose and Finn will be together (every interview of them ever, TLJ panel)
3. Finn and Rey just had a friendship (JB interview)
4. Luke is unstable/dark (trailer, MSW leaks)
5. Rey reunion with Luke won’t be sunshine and daisies (Daisy in TLJ panel)
6. Kylo goes to Ach-To (MSW, airport pictures)
7. Kylo was conflicted in killing Han (JJ commentary)
8. Kylo is vulnerable (Swdatabase.com)
9. Kylo and Rey have a connection/found the force together (Swdatabase.com, Daisy interview)
10. Rey is not related to Luke (um, THE MOVIE/Daisy says he has no idea who she is, JJ press conference)
11. They’re hiding Kylo (we’ve seen him but not heard from him/Adam)
12. Ben was not evil from birth (Bloodline, Aftermath)
13. Finn is a big deal…in the Resistance and not destined to be a jedi (JB in TLJ panel)
14. Rey’s hair will be down showing her maturity into womanhood after her TFA duel with Kylo (infamous box)
15. Rey wearing more grey/darker color clothing (infamous ornament/box)
16. The Jedi concept evolving (Luke, "Time for the Jedi to end" and lore)
17. Tree of knowledge/books/journal of whills(?) (trailer)
18. Kylo having a more mobile costume
19. Kylo depicted as a sort of prince (JJ commentary)
20. Rey never trained at Luke’s academy (Daisy said they've never met)
21. Kylo’s scar wouldn’t be horrific, he’s not blind, no sith eyes (trailer, teaser poster, Battlefront promo)
22. Yin/yang, balance of light and dark in Rey and Kylo (trailer "the light, the darkness, the balance")
23. Rey will be torn between Luke and Kylo (teaser poster, MSW leaks)
24. Han and Leia were not always present for Ben, but they weren't terrible parents (JJ commentary)
25. Luke is not the main character (Mark Hamil at the TLJ panel and other times)
26. Kylo has a villainous crush on Rey (Pablo says go with what we see in TFA, TV tropes, JJ commentary, the movie...)

@Xylo Ren

Bumping this up because sometimes, we need a reminder about the things we've been right about so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 20 Jun - 18:48

@Hasi wrote:It's definetely nice seeing your interpretations and thoughts about the movies being confirmed every single time Very Happy

Meanwhile on 4chan the dudebros awaken:

http://holocroning.tumblr.com/post/159845344898/id-expect-the-four-horsemen-of-the-apocalypse-to

"How did they do it?"  ...Quick guys hide they discovered our secret powers!!!!1111!!!!111!!  lol!
Like you just have to watch the movie to see it but better late than never I guess.
Also a prediction that I'd rather have not seen happening- I already saw some posts like "Rey who? From now on there's only Rose, Finn and Poe". I knew that once they would see that Rey is not one of the three musketeers some people would drop her like a sack of potatoes, especially since they can't use the "You don't think Finnrey will happen because you're  a racist" excuse anymore. In the future I wouldn't be surprised to see some posts like "Rey is a ***** how could she choose the white evil emo guy over the amazing and flawless poc characters", not realizing that they are fictional characters in a fictional universe.
@Hasi

Bumping this! So exciting... We need positivity and optimism nowadays! Smile

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Fri 23 Jun - 0:30

@motherofpearl1 wrote:I've just found this article and it frankly terrified me
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/06/when-your-child-is-a-psychopath/524502/

But it also shows why if someone like Kylo existed in real life could be saved. And the big difference between him and Hux.
@motherofpearl1

Yep. Hux displayed many traits of a genuine psychopath, because he is really one. If he had Kylo's abilities he would be even worse. Ben is a guy who has been brainwashed since infancy and still shows signs of a conscious despite it.

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 11 Aug - 23:02

Merits bumping up after the most recent drop of EW articles

@Xylo Ren wrote:
1. Kylo’s scar moved for aesthetic reasons (RJ on twitter)
2. Rose and Finn will be together (every interview of them ever, TLJ panel)
3. Finn and Rey just had a friendship (JB interview)
4. Luke is unstable/dark (trailer, MSW leaks)
5. Rey reunion with Luke won’t be sunshine and daisies (Daisy in TLJ panel)
6. Kylo goes to Ach-To (MSW, airport pictures)
7. Kylo was conflicted in killing Han (JJ commentary)
8. Kylo is vulnerable (Swdatabase.com)
9. Kylo and Rey have a connection/found the force together (Swdatabase.com, Daisy interview)
10. Rey is not related to Luke (um, THE MOVIE/Daisy says he has no idea who she is, JJ press conference)
11. They’re hiding Kylo (we’ve seen him but not heard from him/Adam)
12. Ben was not evil from birth (Bloodline, Aftermath)
13. Finn is a big deal…in the Resistance and not destined to be a jedi (JB in TLJ panel)
14. Rey’s hair will be down showing her maturity into womanhood after her TFA duel with Kylo (infamous box)
15. Rey wearing more grey/darker color clothing (infamous ornament/box)
16. The Jedi concept evolving (Luke, "Time for the Jedi to end" and lore)
17. Tree of knowledge/books/journal of whills(?) (trailer)
18. Kylo having a more mobile costume
19. Kylo depicted as a sort of prince (JJ commentary)
20. Rey never trained at Luke’s academy (Daisy said they've never met)
21. Kylo’s scar wouldn’t be horrific, he’s not blind, no sith eyes (trailer, teaser poster, Battlefront promo)
22. Yin/yang, balance of light and dark in Rey and Kylo (trailer "the light, the darkness, the balance")
23. Rey will be torn between Luke and Kylo (teaser poster, MSW leaks)
24. Han and Leia were not always present for Ben, but they weren't terrible parents (JJ commentary)
25. Luke is not the main character (Mark Hamil at the TLJ panel and other times)
26. Kylo has a villainous crush on Rey (Pablo says go with what we see in TFA, TV tropes, JJ commentary, the movie...)

And the director's latest quote is 2 across on Fizz's crossword
Frolicking Fizzgig wrote:
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 12 Aug - 0:30

We literally said "Rey and Kylo are presented as two sides of the same coin" on one of the SWC podcasts. (I think it was Visual Storytelling). Latest EW article says Rey and Kylo are two halves of the dark and light.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 12 Aug - 0:35

@MeadowofAshes wrote:We literally said "Rey and Kylo are presented as two sides of the same coin" on one of the SWC podcasts. (I think it was Visual Storytelling). Latest EW article says Rey and Kylo are two halves of the dark and light.
@MeadowofAshes

During that same discussion, we also talked about Rey coming out of a darkly lit star destroyer, and Kylo coming out of his brightly lit ship, signifying their origins. The Rey's parentage article from today nearly confirmed we were spot on.

I wonder what else we got right...

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 12 Aug - 0:51

@IoJovi wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:We literally said "Rey and Kylo are presented as two sides of the same coin" on one of the SWC podcasts. (I think it was Visual Storytelling). Latest EW article says Rey and Kylo are two halves of the dark and light.
@MeadowofAshes

During that same discussion, we also talked about Rey coming out of a darkly lit star destroyer, and Kylo coming out of his brightly lit ship, signifying their origins.  The Rey's parentage article from today nearly confirmed we were spot on.

I wonder what else we got right...
@IoJovi #DICKFINGER  lol!

But seriously... I hope at some point Force Sex is vindicated by TPTB. JJ needs to come out after they kiss on screen and be like, "Yeah, it was a sex metaphor."
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 12 Aug - 1:10

@MeadowofAshes - God, Disney's lawyers would probably be apoplectic if JJ blurted that out a la "Rey's parents aren't in the movie." But seriously, it's the same type of shot as Hitchcock's Suspicion when Gregory Peck and Ingrid Bergman cross the line into obsessed lovers

Last edited by snufkin on Sat 12 Aug - 6:26; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 12 Aug - 1:15

Dang, also from the EW article, it's more and more likely the Kylo on the Falcon scene which got cut will turn up in some shape in TLJ. Just too many references about things like piloting and Han's ghost hovering over his son for what he did.

And this is another little detail that got brought up in the re-watches, discussions here about ESB's influence on TFA. That Chewie is following Han's words to him to not get mad/mourn, but "you have to take care of her" in looking after Rey

“Chewie’s doing all right. It’s tough. It was obviously a big loss for him, but, you know, he’s Chewie. He’s resilient,” Johnson says. “He’s got broad Wookiee shoulders, and he also has a new mission. He’s got Rey, and she’s someone that Han, to a certain extent, handed the keys to. So I think that that helps.”
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 12 Aug - 2:21

I'm tooting my own horn here (sorry...) but, ahem, Reylos called it... Ben is an everyman who appeals to children and him murdering his father is symbolic.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum