Not Hard to See, the Future is

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by SanghaRen on Sat 22 Apr - 8:44

Kylo feeling weaker after killing Han, Star Wars DB - already mentioned but just wanted to quote another source to support.



Kylo and Rey having a connection, Star Wars DB - obviously a familial one because it's not like Kylo, expert mind reader, would recognize his sister or cousin  Laughing









Last edited by SanghaRen on Sat 22 Apr - 9:04; edited 1 time in total
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1210
Likes : 6072
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 22 Apr - 8:52

@SanghaRen wrote:On Larry King, when asked what aspect of Kylo Ren he was most excited for fans to see in the next film, AD's first answer was "humanity". He then moved on discussions he had with the directors (JJ and Rian) about terrorism and how both sides feel justified to do whatever because they think they are right. Does not spell Kylo = Vader 2.0 in the next movie and good vs evil is clear cut to me. AD also mentions being wary of anyone claiming to be right in another interview about the US elections. Gray territories...

For now, I'd say that the poster is like the biggest confirmation to date of us reading the story right. I have a big grin on my face every time I look at it. Big angry Luke, big human Kylo, Rey joining them with a lightsaber that looks crossguard and a red background. But what are these 3 doing together and in this layout? I don't understand. Kylo should have been all small in a corner with his helmet on looking menacing and Luke all shiny knight with Rey and Finn ready to strike him. I just can't  Laughing I would have loved to see some faces when they first saw it. Big jab.
@SanghaRen

40. Kylo Ren's fall to the First Order is based on how terrorist and cult organizations lure in lost youth, particularly angry young men.
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1502
Likes : 8372
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by shii405 on Sat 22 Apr - 9:30

This thread is gold!!

@Xylo Ren wrote:23. Rey will be torn between Luke and Kylo (teaser poster, MSW leaks)
Omg, I have this particular dramatic scene I keep imagining that might happen at the end of TLJ related to this idea. (well ofc we all know which side Rey choose in the end, in my head haha)

I also foresee a music theme entitled "Balanced Force" or "Light and Darkness." But if Mr. Williams title it simply "Reylo" i'll be dead, lol. Whatever it is, I'm very optimistic Reylo will get a theme!
avatar
shii405
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 29
Likes : 168
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-23
Localisation : Tokyo

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by IoJovi on Sat 22 Apr - 9:36

@shii405 wrote:This thread is gold!!

@Xylo Ren wrote:23. Rey will be torn between Luke and Kylo (teaser poster, MSW leaks)
Omg, I have this particular dramatic scene I keep imagining that might happen at the end of TLJ related to this idea. (well ofc we all know which side Rey choose in the end, in my head haha)

I also foresee a music theme entitled "Balanced Force" or "Light and Darkness." But if Mr. Williams title it simply "Reylo" i'll be dead, lol. Whatever it is, I'm very optimistic Reylo will get a theme!
@shii405

They're central to the trilogy, and the ones who will continue the Skywalker line after all is said and done. John Williams HAS to give them their own theme!!!

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5526
Likes : 30018
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 22 Apr - 11:13

Hey all! Make sure if you add something:

-it hasn't been said already in the list
-you provide where it was proven right (interview, twitter, etc)

Keep em coming guys! Very Happy
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1682
Likes : 14523
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 22 Apr - 12:04

@IoJovi wrote:
@shii405 wrote:This thread is gold!!

@Xylo Ren wrote:23. Rey will be torn between Luke and Kylo (teaser poster, MSW leaks)
Omg, I have this particular dramatic scene I keep imagining that might happen at the end of TLJ related to this idea. (well ofc we all know which side Rey choose in the end, in my head haha)

I also foresee a music theme entitled "Balanced Force" or "Light and Darkness." But if Mr. Williams title it simply "Reylo" i'll be dead, lol. Whatever it is, I'm very optimistic Reylo will get a theme!
@shii405

They're central to the trilogy, and the ones who will continue the Skywalker line after all is said and done.  John Williams HAS to give them their own theme!!!
@IoJovi

Time for my music prediction. Let's see what we have here...

To begin with...THE TRAILER

Rey's theme during "The light" and Kylo's during "The darkness"

and then we get this gorgeously satisfying chord when they show the books before she says "The balance".

That chord resolves Kylo's theme which just ended on the note B and the chord resolves a half step up to C major. This is moving from scale degree 7 to scale degree 1 (the dominant note in the key), which means we're moving from dissonance (unstable sounding) to consonance (more final or stable sounding).

The music foreshadows both Rey and Kylo will bring resolution and balance to the Force because the tones literally resolve.

After the chord hits at the books shot they add in the seventh B! That's the note Kylo's theme starts and ends on seconds before!

Fascinating!

Chord is at 0:58, Kylo's note sneaks back in at 1:00

avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1682
Likes : 14523
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by EchoBase on Sat 22 Apr - 12:12

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@shii405 wrote:This thread is gold!!

@Xylo Ren wrote:23. Rey will be torn between Luke and Kylo (teaser poster, MSW leaks)
Omg, I have this particular dramatic scene I keep imagining that might happen at the end of TLJ related to this idea. (well ofc we all know which side Rey choose in the end, in my head haha)

I also foresee a music theme entitled "Balanced Force" or "Light and Darkness." But if Mr. Williams title it simply "Reylo" i'll be dead, lol. Whatever it is, I'm very optimistic Reylo will get a theme!
@shii405

They're central to the trilogy, and the ones who will continue the Skywalker line after all is said and done.  John Williams HAS to give them their own theme!!!
@IoJovi

Time for my music prediction. Let's see what we have here...

To begin with...THE TRAILER

Rey's theme during "The light" and Kylo's during "The darkness"

and then we get this gorgeously satisfying chord when they show the books before she says "The balance".

That chord resolves Kylo's theme which just ended on the note B and the chord resolves a half step up to C major. This is moving from scale degree 7 to scale degree 1 (the dominant note in the key), which means we're moving from dissonance (unstable sounding) to consonance (more final or stable sounding).

The music foreshadows both Rey and Kylo will bring resolution and balance to the Force because the tones literally resolve.

After the chord hits at the books shot they add in the seventh B! That's the note Kylo's theme starts and ends on seconds before!

Fascinating!

Chord is at 0:58, Kylo's note sneaks back in at 1:00

@Xylo Ren

Thank you for this! I also love the "epic" part of Rey's theme when she starts running and Kylo appears. Surely a coincidence Razz.
avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2319
Likes : 9005
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 22 Apr - 12:15

41. Kylo is the Skywalker in The Force Awakens (Pablo Hidalgo)

avatar
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 791
Likes : 5610
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 22 Apr - 12:16

@EchoBase

Yup! Her theme overlying the shots of her and then Kylo's ties both of those separate scenes together! Great from a music editing perspective.
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1682
Likes : 14523
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by EchoBase on Sat 22 Apr - 12:25

@Piper Maru wrote:41. Kylo is the Skywalker in The Force Awakens (Pablo Hidalgo)

@Piper Maru

Also this:

avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2319
Likes : 9005
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 22 Apr - 12:26

I forgot this one.

42. Rey learned to control the Force because she took things from Kylo (Pablo Hidalgo)



avatar
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 791
Likes : 5610
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 22 Apr - 12:29

It's hilarious, we really were right about everything Laughing

No wonder people steal our metas.
avatar
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 791
Likes : 5610
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 22 Apr - 12:33

@Piper Maru wrote:It's hilarious, we really were right about everything Laughing

No wonder people steal our metas.
@Piper Maru

And the best part is we have receipts. Every word ever typed on this forum is still here in the archive threads for anyone wanting to search.
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1682
Likes : 14523
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by SanghaRen on Sat 22 Apr - 12:54

@EchoBase

I never saw that one from Matt Martin! I don't know how I missed it. This is huge. Kylo fills the "Skywalker saga" requirement... Bang, in your face.
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1210
Likes : 6072
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by EchoBase on Sat 22 Apr - 13:06

@SanghaRen wrote:@EchoBase

I never saw that one from Matt Martin! I don't know how I missed it. This is huge. Kylo fills the "Skywalker saga" requirement... Bang, in your face.
@SanghaRen



Wink
avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2319
Likes : 9005
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Libra Vibora on Sat 22 Apr - 13:07

This thread is giving me life!



Okay, I only have two (and they were probably were already mentioned, but eh, what the heck)

-The trilogy will be all about Finn and Kylo's connection with each other (TLJ trailer, KMT and John's interviews confirm that Kylo and Finn won't be even in the same side of the galaxy)

-Rey and Kylo being like a Prince and Princess in a fairy tale (JJ's commentary)

Keep' em up,  guys!  Very Happy

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:LOL, this is beautiful. I also made a small crossword with some of these + a few gloaty remarks. Because I'm like that.


I'm actually gonna print this crossword puzzle out. Very Happy  

@IoJovi wrote:36.  Pablo stating Kylo's sexuality can be determined by watching TFA (and no, he's not into Hux!)

Kylo's also not into Finn since y'know, he sliced Finn up pretty nastily. He's also not into Poe since he violently tortured the poor guy. So that leaves...

(from Othze's amazing Death and the Maiden meta)

Oh.

Antis are really not going have a good time with the last two films, are they?  Twisted Evil


Last edited by Libra Vibora on Sat 22 Apr - 15:33; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Libra Vibora
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 40
Likes : 164
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Localisation : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 22 Apr - 13:23

Oh I forgot one!

45. Them: "Daisy hates Reylo!"
Us: "No she doesn't..." (likes Reylo art on IG, brings it up when she's not even asked about it, Judy Dench vid)
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1682
Likes : 14523
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by MissG on Sat 22 Apr - 13:54

Nothing to add yet, but just wanted to say I LOVE this thread, hilarious and soo true.
avatar
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 270
Likes : 1959
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Kessel on Sat 22 Apr - 14:19

I'm not sure if MSW spoilers count as they're not official? There's the fact Jason Ward said: "[f]rom what [he] heard a few times, Rey is reluctant with (if not angry at) Luke Skywalker because she has to kill Kylo Ren and she doesn’t want to do it."

Jason has since backpedaled somewhat on what he thinks happens during the Ahch-To showdown (in the article below), but he's never backpedaled on the "Rey doesn't want to kill Kylo" spoiler. In fact, he said he's heard it "a few times."

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/star-wars-episode-viii-the-knights-of-ren/

That spoiler is the opposite of what many antis thought would happen going forward. I remember many of them predicting Rey will be eager to kill Kylo and get "revenge"  in TLJ.  Rolling Eyes

Also, didn't Jason say (before TFA came out) that he'd heard what happens between Rey and Kylo in the interrogation scene would have repercussions for the sequel? That seems to bolster the point that there's possibly something significant between Rey and Kylo going forward in regards to seeing each other's thoughts, etc.
avatar
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1023
Likes : 8228
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 22 Apr - 14:46

@Kessel Jason did say there would be repercussions to the interrogation before TFA came out.

I think his predictions in the article are a bit off, but he isn't working from a literature background, just best conjecture based on spoilers. Rey and Kylo are the progenitors of the New Jedi, therefore they must access the temple - Luke needn't go in. Kylo looks to be lowering his weapon in the teaser, which is set at either sunrise or sunset, same as when Rey is running toward someone with her saber drawn, so that implies to me a (probably very uneasy) truce. I don't doubt they'll fight again, but he's not going to defeat her and run off to try to kill her again. We know that. Luke takes out the knights one by one. Kylo and Rey spar, there's some sort of fall, and they form an uneasy truce and end up entering the temple together.
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1502
Likes : 8372
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sat 22 Apr - 15:04

Interview with Daisy where she says her parents left her on on Jakku:

"Rey’s parents left her at 5. We meet her when she’s in her late teens, early 20s."

Read more: http://entertainment.inquirer.net/185349/force-awakens-stars-reveal-interesting-details#ixzz4f0EYQYGL
avatar
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 777
Likes : 4062
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by snufkin on Sat 22 Apr - 15:12

Here's another one, "JJ lied about Khan/Cumberbatch, ergo every single comment in press interviews, social media, and DVD BTS commentary tracks are an elaborate conspiracy of creative and executive team members with the backing of a major corporation to lie to the public."
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5337
Likes : 22797
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sat 22 Apr - 15:17

JJ: Rey's parents are not in TFA

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jj-abrams-reys-parents-not-884438

(he later tries to backtrack but pfffffftttttt too late)
avatar
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 777
Likes : 4062
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 22 Apr - 16:28

I made us a chart with the ones that I consider the most important/impressive. I'm also petty af.





Last edited by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 22 Apr - 18:40; edited 2 times in total
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2711
Likes : 24935
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 22 Apr - 16:34

@FrolickingFizzgig It's marvelous. Twisted Evil
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1502
Likes : 8372
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum