Not Hard to See, the Future is

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by snufkin on Sat 22 Apr - 19:37

@FrolickingFizzgig - "damn you nerds with your spreadsheets!" Shakes fist!
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5297
Likes : 22620
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 22 Apr - 19:41

@snufkin wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig - "damn you nerds with your spreadsheets!" Shakes fist!
@snufkin

Fizz took "Archives of the Empire" to heart.
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1501
Likes : 8365
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Sat 22 Apr - 19:42

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig - "damn you nerds with your spreadsheets!" Shakes fist!
@snufkin

Fizz took "Archives of the Empire" to heart.
@MeadowofAshes
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2702
Likes : 24880
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 22
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 22 Apr - 19:43

omg Fizz I love it Laughing

Just remembered another:

46. Kylo taking Rey and walking across an open battlefield was the least logical thing to do and he wasn't thinking tactically.

“So the idea here is that Kylo Ren’s gotten inside of Rey’s head, sees that she has seen the map and is now letting go of the droid as his goal, and focusing just on her. And clearly you think, well he must be able to just extract the information he wants now. But because he’s taken her, you get a sense that there might be something else going on here.”
-JJ Abrams
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1673
Likes : 14436
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by snufkin on Sat 22 Apr - 20:08

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig - "damn you nerds with your spreadsheets!" Shakes fist!
@snufkin

Fizz took "Archives of the Empire" to heart.
@MeadowofAshes

I really hope we get more archives references in the ST. Like even if our two favorite nerds are stuck together and he starts going on about it and she'll roll her eyes with "yes you've already told me about your special access to the Imperial archives like already 100 times."
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5297
Likes : 22620
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 22 Apr - 20:18

@snufkin wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@snufkin wrote:@FrolickingFizzgig - "damn you nerds with your spreadsheets!" Shakes fist!
@snufkin

Fizz took "Archives of the Empire" to heart.
@MeadowofAshes

I really hope we get more archives references in the ST. Like even if our two favorite nerds are stuck together and he starts going on about it and she'll roll her eyes with "yes you've already told me about your special access to the Imperial archives like already 100 times."
@snufkin

I do too! As a former library archives worker during my college years, I can attest to both the nerdiness and asocial leanings of those in that line of work. It's too good a reference for Rian to pass up if the two nerds are trapped together inside an ancient Jedi temple.
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1501
Likes : 8365
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by ZioRen on Sat 22 Apr - 20:32

Quick, now make a list of things the antis predicted correctly or were right about!

1)....Kylo Ren's a meanie?
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1035
Likes : 6451
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Sat 22 Apr - 20:58

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Helix wrote:That really makes it sound like J.J. is writing his fanfic. Laughing
@Helix

That, in fact, might be the most apt way of looking at the ST: JJ and Rian's smutty Star Wars fan fiction, starring Kylo Ren as JJ' s self-insert and Rey as his #dreamwoman.
@MeadowofAshes

Nothing beats the TFA novelization. You know, where Kylo pushed into Rey? Shocked
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1020
Likes : 5591
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 22 Apr - 21:02

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Helix wrote:That really makes it sound like J.J. is writing his fanfic. Laughing
@Helix

That, in fact, might be the most apt way of looking at the ST: JJ and Rian's smutty Star Wars fan fiction, starring Kylo Ren as JJ' s self-insert and Rey as his #dreamwoman.
@MeadowofAshes

Nothing beats the TFA novelization. You know, where Kylo pushed into Rey? Shocked
@Rimfaxe96

And where "he touched her anew"? Evil

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4026
Likes : 20895
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by IoJovi on Sat 22 Apr - 21:10

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Helix wrote:That really makes it sound like J.J. is writing his fanfic. Laughing
@Helix

That, in fact, might be the most apt way of looking at the ST: JJ and Rian's smutty Star Wars fan fiction, starring Kylo Ren as JJ' s self-insert and Rey as his #dreamwoman.
@MeadowofAshes

Nothing beats the TFA novelization. You know, where Kylo pushed into Rey? Shocked
@Rimfaxe96

And where "he touched her anew"? Evil
@ISeeAnIsland

That sounds like a line from this epic story...



_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5490
Likes : 29770
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 22 Apr - 21:11

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Helix wrote:That really makes it sound like J.J. is writing his fanfic. Laughing
@Helix

That, in fact, might be the most apt way of looking at the ST: JJ and Rian's smutty Star Wars fan fiction, starring Kylo Ren as JJ' s self-insert and Rey as his #dreamwoman.
@MeadowofAshes

Nothing beats the TFA novelization. You know, where Kylo pushed into Rey? Shocked
@Rimfaxe96

And where "he touched her anew"? Evil
@ISeeAnIsland

Haha, yes! And before that we get to a taste of Deep Thoughts With Kylo Ren so we see what a brooding bad boy he is. "He was content within himself". Yeah. Until he touched her anew after her "clumsy efforts to keep him out".
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1501
Likes : 8365
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by IoJovi on Sat 22 Apr - 21:16

Speaking of which, I'll add this:

#47 The official Lucasfilm artwork released for Star Wars Celebration on London 2016, particularly The Abduction by Erik Maell, and Call to the Light, by Brandon Kenney.
These definitely don't look like pictures depicting cousins.



_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5490
Likes : 29770
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 22 Apr - 21:26

"This girl... She must be my little cousin I hid on Jakku as a fifteen year old," said the vulnerable, conflicted warlord as he held her hips level with his manly area and gazed at her decolette.

"That's right, fandom," said Lucasfilm as they gave Reywalkers the middle finger by selecting Erik's delightfully camp artwork.
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1501
Likes : 8365
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by AceofWands on Sat 22 Apr - 22:09

@ZioRen wrote:Quick, now make a list of things the antis predicted correctly or were right about!

1)....Kylo Ren's a meanie?
@ZioRen

I would love the idea, but I think it needs it's own thread, maybe? It would be awesome.

And I looooove this thread, but you guys have been so through, I can't think of anything else to add. Some things are not yet proven.
avatar
AceofWands
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 402
Likes : 1289
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-11
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 22 Apr - 23:03

There is another

47. The main story revolves around Kylo and Rey.

"…Now we come back to the story that we really care about, the focus of the story, and that’s Rey and Ren." -JJ Abrams
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1673
Likes : 14436
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Libra Vibora on Sat 22 Apr - 23:05

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I made us a chart with the ones that I consider the most important/impressive. I'm also petty af.





@ZioRen wrote:Quick, now make a list of things the antis predicted correctly or were right about!

1)....Kylo Ren's a meanie?

You forgot to add he's...uh...an Anakin fanboy who...uuuuhhhhhhh...hurt Finn and Rey!



@IoJovi wrote:Speaking of which, I'll add this:

#47 The official Lucasfilm artwork released for Star Wars Celebration on London 2016, particularly The Abduction by Erik Maell, and Call to the Light, by Brandon Kenney.
These definitely don't look like pictures depicting cousins.



Clearly, your mind is in the gutter and has a messed up view of family relations!Angry  As someone who has many cousins who are straight males, I can certainly attest that it's completely normal for them, during family gatherings and special events, to greet me after not seeing me for a long time and pick me up like a bride and hold my hips level with their private areas. And my parents, brother, aunts and uncles absolutely have no issue or qualms with such behavior because it's absolutely normal and purely familial to do this with your cousin, especially your female cousin.  /sarcasm

And it's certainly common for in art and literature to have a male cousin linger in the dark background, gazing longingly at his female cousin, and looking like a Byronic male protagonist.  Angry  God, you Reylos are clearly projecting!  Angry

@MeadowofAshes wrote:"This girl... She must be my little cousin I hid on Jakku as a fifteen year old," said the vulnerable, conflicted warlord as he held her hips level with his manly area and gazed at her decolette.

"That's right, fandom," said Lucasfilm as they gave Reywalkers the middle finger by selecting Erik's delightfully camp artwork.

avatar
Libra Vibora
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 40
Likes : 164
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Localisation : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Sat 22 Apr - 23:16

I will never get over the placement of Rey's scavenger fanny pack/bum bag in that Erik Maell Abduction artwork! Shocked
avatar
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1845
Likes : 12524
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by IoJovi on Sun 23 Apr - 0:05

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I will never get over the placement of Rey's scavenger fanny pack/bum bag in that Erik Maell Abduction artwork! Shocked
@Mrs Ben Solo

I forgot all about that part from our original discussion when this art piece first made its debut!!!

lol!

Well done, Erik.

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5490
Likes : 29770
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Irina de France on Sun 23 Apr - 0:06

@IoJovi wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I will never get over the placement of Rey's scavenger fanny pack/bum bag in that Erik Maell Abduction artwork! Shocked
@Mrs Ben Solo

I forgot all about that part from our original discussion when this art piece first made its debut!!!

lol!

Well done, Erik.
@IoJovi

I swear to God, it's actually the first time I noticed this.

I am ashamed of myself.
avatar
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1207
Likes : 6173
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 21
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Helix on Sun 23 Apr - 0:23

I just keep thinking about how it could possibly hit him if it shifts the wrong way.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2434
Likes : 9438
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Xylo Ren on Sun 23 Apr - 1:47

Just thought of another one.

48. Us: Reylo has gained popularity and validity. Many would be open to it if done well.

Them: Nah, Reylo suck$$!!! It'll never be canon no one likes that shiiii

Places top ten most popular ships of the year on Tumblr/top het ship overall, second most thing Daisy is asked about beyond parentage
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1673
Likes : 14436
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Kessel on Sun 23 Apr - 2:12

@Xylo Ren wrote:Just thought of another one.

48. Us: Reylo has gained popularity and validity. Many would be open to it if done well.

Them: Nah, Reylo suck$$!!! It'll never be canon no one likes that shiiii

Places top ten most popular ships of the year on Tumblr/top het ship overall, second most thing Daisy is asked about beyond parentage
@Xylo Ren

Regarding Reylo's popularity, that reminds me of the time antis tried to claim that Kylo merch (thus Kylo) wasn't popular or selling because of that article surrounding the #WheresRey toy debacle after TFA's release (when there were so few Rey toys/merch available) even though the issue was the lack of Rey.

In the last year and some, I've been paying attention and based on what I've seen in stores, Amazon, and also during Halloween, Christmas and at Disney world, Celebration, etc., Kylo merch is quite popular. So there's another thing antis were wrong about and misconstrued.
avatar
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1023
Likes : 8228
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by ReyofLightSide on Sun 23 Apr - 2:13

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:I made us a chart with the ones that I consider the most important/impressive. I'm also petty af.



@FrolickingFizzgig

Antis right now

avatar
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 775
Likes : 4049
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Xylo Ren on Sun 23 Apr - 2:19

@Kessel wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:Just thought of another one.

48. Us: Reylo has gained popularity and validity. Many would be open to it if done well.

Them: Nah, Reylo suck$$!!! It'll never be canon no one likes that shiiii

Places top ten most popular ships of the year on Tumblr/top het ship overall, second most thing Daisy is asked about beyond parentage
@Xylo Ren

Regarding Reylo's popularity, that reminds me of the time antis tried to claim that Kylo merch (thus Kylo) wasn't popular or selling because of that article surrounding the #WheresRey toy debacle after TFA's release (when there were so few Rey toys/merch available)  even though the issue was the lack of Rey.

In the last year and some, I've been paying attention and based on what I've seen in stores, Amazon, and also during Halloween, Christmas and at Disney world, Celebration, etc., Kylo merch is quite popular. So there's another thing antis were wrong about and misconstrued.
@Kessel

Thus we can add another one:

49.) "Kylo is super unpopular, no one buys his merch! He suck$$!"

Incontestably the number one most cosplayed character at Celebration behind Rey, His Figuarts Unmasked figure is going for triple the price (I know as a collector), Disney plasters him all over the friggin ads for Battlefront II and the mf'ing teaser poster.
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1673
Likes : 14436
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Not Hard to See, the Future is

Post by Helix on Sun 23 Apr - 2:26

Here's one that goes a bit with 'Kylo is unpopular!!'.

Only white people like Kylo/Reylo. Laughing
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2434
Likes : 9438
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum