Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Thu 25 May - 0:08

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:I'm just going to leave these here:

@ISeeAnIsland

That hair and cape action!

Isn't it nice that this time around Disney gives the long hair and fancy flowy clothes to the guy and the muscles and tight defining clothes to the girl. Talk about subverted tropes.

Also this gif makes me think. 
TFA Adam hates mask. Won't be surprised if TLJ Adam hates that cape too. lol. It looks like it could get in the way.
Rei of Sunshine
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 25 May - 0:23

@ISeeAnIsland

I swear I had extremely limited time today, and I still made time to watch him in that cape like 7 times in a row. Very Happy

Also, I don't know anything about choreography, but his form looks really beautiful.  The cape might bother him @Rei of Sunshine, but AD seems to like challenges. :-)
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Thu 25 May - 0:41

@SoloSideCousin wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

I swear I had extremely limited time today, and I still made time to watch him in that cape like 7 times in a row. Very Happy

Also, I don't know anything about choreography, but his form looks really beautiful.  The cape might bother him @Rei of Sunshine, but AD seems to like challenges. :-)

Yeah he does. But if he doesn't like it, then all the more reason for him to get rid of it and many more. Very Happy
Rei of Sunshine
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 25 May - 6:10

That cape drunken

I could watch it all day.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Thu 25 May - 9:56

@Darth_Awakened wrote:That cape drunken

@Darth_Awakened

Those gifs are the only time I have understood why MSW calls it trash bag material. It looks great, though. A beautiful trash bag. XD
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 25 May - 17:28

@Rei of Sunshine wrote:

@ISeeAnIsland

That hair and cape action!

Isn't it nice that this time around Disney gives the long hair and fancy flowy clothes to the guy and the muscles and tight defining clothes to the girl. Talk about subverted tropes.

Also this gif makes me think. 
TFA Adam hates mask. Won't be surprised if TLJ Adam hates that cape too. lol. It looks like it could get in the way.
@Rei of Sunshine

Oh, now I keep thinking of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M68ndaZSKa8
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 25 May - 18:03

I love the cape action!!!

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Macha Ren on Thu 25 May - 23:25

@jakkusun wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:That cape drunken

@Darth_Awakened

Those gifs are the only time I have understood why MSW calls it trash bag material. It looks great, though. A beautiful trash bag. XD
@jakkusun

My guess it would be an even bigger pain in the butt if the cape is made from something heavy, making Cranky Adam even Crankier.
Macha Ren
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 30 May - 23:04

https://thefandometrics.tumblr.com/post/161211707914/ships-week-ending-may-29th-2017-otayuri-12

They only had three scenes together and the movie came out almost two years ago, yet it's the only Star Wars ship in the top 20 ships of Tumblr for this week.

Understandable, it's been quite a week. But it's safe to say Reylo is not going anywhere Wink

#16, #16, #16
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 1 Jun - 0:25

Star Wars gets a shout out from Tumblr's staff "Fandometrics"

"The Star Wars Effect

Star Wars had a big week, even for Star Wars. Vanity Fair (@vanityfair) celebrated the franchise’s 40th anniversary with a special edition cover and a brand new photo series. This led to a huge influx people and entities relating to the Star Wars franchise:

(Ships) Reylo (Rey & Kylo Ren) join the Ships list at No. 16.
(Movies) Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi is back yet again, this time at an impressive No. 2.
(Celebs) The incredible Carrie Fisher came back to us at No. 5, Mark Hamill at No. 9. New school actors Adam Driver (No. 11), John Boyega (No. 13), and Daisy Ridley (No. 20) all experienced a lofty rise in engagement, too."
What a Face
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots on Thu 1 Jun - 1:25

Kylo and Rey are cray cray for each other!! end of lol Very Happy
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Fri 2 Jun - 21:03

For the Tolkien nerds, Tor.com posted this old essay to its Twitter feed today and thought it was an interesting comparison with the Heroine's Journey type discussions we've had here

Luthien - Tolkien's bad*** Elf Princess

ultimately, Beren and Lúthien become a kind of archtype for their respective races. Yet in the end this is still mostly a love story, not an action story. They are star-crossed lovers in a way that makes Shakespeare’s Veronan teens just a summer fling. Sure, Romeo and Juliet defy their rich Italian families to hook up. Tristan and Isolde wade through some feudal red tape for their passion. Catherine and Heathcliff just pine and brood over each other on the English moors. There are a lot of famous lovers in classic literature and many of them are worth reading about for the sheer passion and poetry of it. But a lot of them—dare I say most of them in the mythological or fantasy variety—also include a swooning damsel who is either rescued or “won” by their men. Even Buttercup in the otherwise awesome The Princess Bride mostly just cries and gets upset while Westley and his friends do all the work. But “Of Beren and Lúthien” is a tale in which the lovers save each other; neither can succeed on their own but together overcome all obstacles (with the help of their dog and their friends), and in the end she is a heroine who chooses to be with her beloved forever and share his fate… whatever that may be.

I think Beren’s great. He’s a hero’s hero without needing to be womanizing or blustery. We know him, because it’s easy to imagine he’s a lot like Aragorn. But Lúthien, to the casual Rings reader, is not as familiar in one woman. She’s as spiritual as Galadriel, as valorous as Éowyn, as comforting as Arwen. She’s the memorable one here—a heroine of mettle and volition, a woman who escapes the chains imposed on her, makes her own decisions, commands enemies and friends alike, stands boldly against evil, and yet is the voice of healing and mercy when that is needed instead. She may seem like a superhero at times (to be fair, the Silmarillion doesn’t spend much time talking about everyday people), but she is still at times naive and flawed. She falls for a rugged, sweaty, homeless, and mortal ranger type and that gets them both in a heap of trouble with her people.

So boy meets girl. Boy falls in love with girl. Boy and girl go on a crazy long adventure, upstage everyone, and live in mixed sorrow and happiness until the end.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Fri 2 Jun - 22:04

Speaking of the Heroine's journey, the latest SW Insider indicates that the heroine's journey charted by Maureen Murdock was an influence for Jyn Erso's story.

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 2 Jun - 22:19

@panki wrote:Speaking of the Heroine's journey, the latest SW Insider indicates that the heroine's journey charted by Maureen Murdock was an influence for Jyn Erso's story.
@panki

Cool!
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Fri 2 Jun - 23:11

So I expect Rey's feelings for Kylo to change from hate -> can stand around him -> sympathy -> become friends -> trust -> love through out the trilogy. By the end of TFA, I guess there was only hate on Rey's side.

But how about Kylo? What were the change of his feelings toward Rey? I'm pretty sure there were already different phases of feelings on Kylo's side. And "where is he" by the end of TFA? Not love yet, right?

Sorry if I missed the feelings analysis before.
shii405
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Fri 2 Jun - 23:24

@snufkin wrote:For the Tolkien nerds, Tor.com posted this old essay to its Twitter feed today and thought it was an interesting comparison with the Heroine's Journey type discussions we've had here

Luthien - Tolkien's bad*** Elf Princess

ultimately, Beren and Lúthien become a kind of archtype for their respective races. Yet in the end this is still mostly a love story, not an action story. They are star-crossed lovers in a way that makes Shakespeare’s Veronan teens just a summer fling. Sure, Romeo and Juliet defy their rich Italian families to hook up. Tristan and Isolde wade through some feudal red tape for their passion. Catherine and Heathcliff just pine and brood over each other on the English moors. There are a lot of famous lovers in classic literature and many of them are worth reading about for the sheer passion and poetry of it. But a lot of them—dare I say most of them in the mythological or fantasy variety—also include a swooning damsel who is either rescued or “won” by their men. Even Buttercup in the otherwise awesome The Princess Bride mostly just cries and gets upset while Westley and his friends do all the work. But “Of Beren and Lúthien” is a tale in which the lovers save each other; neither can succeed on their own but together overcome all obstacles (with the help of their dog and their friends), and in the end she is a heroine who chooses to be with her beloved forever and share his fate… whatever that may be.

I think Beren’s great. He’s a hero’s hero without needing to be womanizing or blustery. We know him, because it’s easy to imagine he’s a lot like Aragorn. But Lúthien, to the casual Rings reader, is not as familiar in one woman. She’s as spiritual as Galadriel, as valorous as Éowyn, as comforting as Arwen. She’s the memorable one here—a heroine of mettle and volition, a woman who escapes the chains imposed on her, makes her own decisions, commands enemies and friends alike, stands boldly against evil, and yet is the voice of healing and mercy when that is needed instead. She may seem like a superhero at times (to be fair, the Silmarillion doesn’t spend much time talking about everyday people), but she is still at times naive and flawed. She falls for a rugged, sweaty, homeless, and mortal ranger type and that gets them both in a heap of trouble with her people.

So boy meets girl. Boy falls in love with girl. Boy and girl go on a crazy long adventure, upstage everyone, and live in mixed sorrow and happiness until the end.
@snufkin Oo I was thinking of reading this! But was wondering if it'd be an average boy girl love story. Her character sounds amazing! And I love Aragorn types lol
rey09
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Fri 2 Jun - 23:27

@shii405 wrote:So I expect Rey's feelings for Kylo to change from hate -> can stand around him -> sympathy -> become friends -> trust -> love through out the trilogy. By the end of TFA, I guess there was only hate on Rey's side.

But how about Kylo? What were the change of his feelings toward Rey? I'm pretty sure there were already different phases of feelings on Kylo's side. And "where is he" by the end of TFA? Not love yet, right?

Sorry if I missed the feelings analysis before.
@shii405

The databank and Kylo's last expression we see on screen suggest he's mystified...almost confused by her.

Words like "intrigued" and "puzzled" and "strange" concerning Rey and their connection...man they really tried to drive this home in the databank, didn't they? But so many missed it in the movie.

I'm sorry, the last sentence in that third one sounds like a Dr. Seuss quote. "I must stop this Christmas from coming, but how?" Laughing
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Sat 3 Jun - 1:28

@Xylo Ren wrote:Words like "intrigued" and "puzzled" and "strange" concerning Rey and their connection...man they really tried to drive this home in the databank, didn't they? But so many missed it in the movie.

I'm sorry, the last sentence in that third one sounds like a Dr. Seuss quote. "I must stop this Christmas from coming, but how?" Laughing
@Xylo Ren Yeah, cousins or siblings isn't what I think of when I read about how Kylo is "intrigued" by Rey and they have a strange and mysterious connection. To me that seems like two unrelated people connected in fate and how they can possibly be connected is part of the mystery. And comparisons to Luke and Leia are irksome because I wouldn't call their connection strange or mysterious. They definitely had a connection, or seemed to, and they even had the boy meets princess plot between them in ANH in which Luke was possibly imagining her in a vague love interest sort of way (ever since he saw her message to Obi-Wan). But I wouldn't say Luke was "intrigued" exactly. More like, OMG she's BEAUTIFUL and a PRINCESS. When they interacted they had zero romantic chemistry. The awe with which Kylo regards Rey is almost like he's looking at the most amazing woman he's ever met in his life or something.

Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 3 Jun - 1:41

@Acritiqua wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:Words like "intrigued" and "puzzled" and "strange" concerning Rey and their connection...man they really tried to drive this home in the databank, didn't they? But so many missed it in the movie.

@Xylo Ren Yeah, cousins or siblings isn't what I think of when I read about how Kylo is "intrigued" by Rey and they have a strange and mysterious connection. To me that seems like two unrelated people connected in fate and how they can possibly be connected is part of the mystery. And comparisons to Luke and Leia are irksome because I wouldn't call their connection strange or mysterious. They definitely had a connection, or seemed to, and they even had the boy meets princess plot between them in ANH in which Luke was possibly imagining her in a vague love interest sort of way (ever since he saw her message to Obi-Wan). But I wouldn't say Luke was "intrigued" exactly. More like, OMG she's BEAUTIFUL and a PRINCESS. When they interacted they had zero romantic chemistry. The awe with which Kylo regards Rey is almost like he's looking at the most amazing woman he's ever met in his life or something.

@Acritiqua

Yes! I am on my phone so I can't post it, but Exhibit A on your point is his "Marry me" face shot when she catches the lightsaber. Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sat 3 Jun - 1:42

Look at this image. This is right after or before he gives her the elevator eyes. Look at his phallic symbol. So elevator eyes + phallic symbol in the nature-given position = cousins? Nobody is that stupid to stage cousins meeting this way, and then follow it with:

cousin Kylo caressing cousin Rey's face and lips with his eyes. I mean, if Rian made them cousins thanks to Plotgate creative freedom, he'll never live that one down.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 3 Jun - 2:01

I just fine it so hot that he's so into her RAW awesome power. Like, he knows he is a powerful bad***, and then he meets someone even more bad*** than him with absolutely no training, and instead of being jealous, he just wants her more! Sexy as hell
rey09
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 3 Jun - 2:13

@rey09 wrote:@snufkin Oo I was thinking of reading this! But was wondering if it'd be an average boy girl love story. Her character sounds amazing! And I love Aragorn types lol

@rey09

I'm not big on Tolkien other than reading The Hobbit as a kid, but I'm thinking of seeing if I can get a copy from my public library or Librivox.

@Xylo Ren wrote:I'm sorry, the last sentence in that third one sounds like a Dr. Seuss quote. "I must stop this Christmas from coming, but how?"

Swap out Christmas for a word that's a synonym for @vaderito's phallic symbol observation and that's about right. All of those photos, he looks a little more than 'intrigued, this is a stock photo for that word.

Maybe it's me, but the image of those two besides not screaming cousins, it's also not a picture of a young man who's intrigued over an abstract concept like destiny or interpersonal connection.

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 3 Jun - 2:18

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Acritiqua wrote:

@Acritiqua

Yes! I am on my phone so I can't post it, but Exhibit A on your point is his "Marry me" face shot when she catches the lightsaber. Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

To contrast with the Luke observation, he's more like his father when he meets his mother and she: 1) Blasts a hole into the wall for the garbage shute and then 2) Tells him to shut up because she's in charge.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Sat 3 Jun - 2:34

Whoa, I did not know abt that databank!! Lol, very misleading if Reylo is not happening at all!

So you guys think Kylo was already in love with Rey by the end of TFA?
shii405
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Sat 3 Jun - 2:47

@shii405 wrote:Whoa, I did not know abt that databank!! Lol, very misleading if Reylo is not happening at all!

So you guys think Kylo was already in love with Rey by the end of TFA?
@shii405

They seem to be emphasizing his interest in her and that he felt a strange connection. I don't think he loves her yet, and he will have to go through a lot of development to get to a selfless love for her, but he does find her...intriguing I'm not making this up, that word is used in canon
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum