Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by snufkin on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 10:21 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@shii405 wrote:Whoa, I did not know abt that databank!! Lol, very misleading if Reylo is not happening at all!

So you guys think Kylo was already in love with Rey by the end of TFA?
@shii405

They seem to be emphasizing his interest in her and that he felt a strange connection. I don't think he loves her yet, and he will have to go through a lot of development to get to a selfless love for her, but he does find her...intriguing I'm not making this up, that word is used in canon

@Xylo Ren

Yeah that's a stretch to save he's in love. Attracted, amused, bewildered, and who the Hell/what the Hell was that when she turns and then leaves him in the dust. More likely at the beginning of the next movie up until whatever the f**k they're going to do in the next chapter, probably furious and angry with her for turning him down and kicking his a**. I'm not fond of fanboy comic book character comparisons because in general they're off the mark, wrong genre and type of characters, BUT this is essentially how they meet and she walks off with a family heirloom while he's on the ground

Last edited by snufkin on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by SoloSideCousin on Fri 02 Jun 2017, 11:26 pm

@Xylo Ren wrote:
@shii405 wrote:Whoa, I did not know abt that databank!! Lol, very misleading if Reylo is not happening at all!

@shii405

They seem to be emphasizing his interest in her and that he felt a strange connection. I don't think he loves her yet, and he will have to go through a lot of development to get to a selfless love for her, but he does find her...intriguing I'm not making this up, that word is used in canon
@Xylo Ren

Yeah, he's not "end of P & P" Mr. Darcy yet, but he might be a tormented, FS version of first scene Mr. Darcy in that he seems to have been "hit by a thunderbolt". He doesn't know what the hell has happened to him. He just can't not think of her. He might have experienced a kind of primal "love at first sight" when she caught that lightsaber, but he is still spinning and an emotional mess and will need time and growth to (1) really even start to put a name to his feelings, and (2) and once he knows it's love to put her welfare and needs before anything else.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 7:18 am

Okay, let me sum up.

By the end of TFA.
1. There is no "hate" on Kylo's side (since the beginning).
2. He does not think of Rey as enemy.
3. He is amused and intrigued by her.
4. He wants her to be his ally.

Correct?
shii405
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 8:29 am

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:

@shii405

@Xylo Ren

Yeah, he's not "end of P & P" Mr. Darcy yet, but he might be a tormented, FS version of first scene Mr. Darcy in that he seems to have been "hit by a thunderbolt". He doesn't know what the hell has happened to him. He just can't not think of her. He might have experienced a kind of primal "love at first sight" when she caught that lightsaber, but he is still spinning and an emotional mess and will need time and growth to (1) really even start to put a name to his feelings, and (2) and once he knows it's love to put her welfare and needs before anything else.
@SoloSideCousin

I define what Kylo feels for Rey in TFA as "koi no yokan".

Koi No Yokan (Japanese)

The sense one can have upon first meeting a person that the two of you are going to fall in love. Differs from “love at first sight” as it does not imply that the feeling of love exists, only the knowledge that a future love is inevitable.

In his context, I would exchange "love" for "mysterious connection", but other than that, it defines perfectly how he feels about having his destiny intertwined with Rey's.
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 9:19 am

Omg @Piper Maru that is my new favorite phrase now!! Far more romantic than just love at first sight <3 gahh
rey09
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 10:01 am

@shii405 wrote:Okay, let me sum up.

By the end of TFA.
1. There is no "hate" on Kylo's side (since the beginning).
2. He does not think of Rey as enemy.
3. He is amused and intrigued by her.
4. He wants her to be his ally.

Correct?
@shii405

I agree with 1, 2 and 4..... I don't know if he is amused and intrigued since she turned all Darth Maul and cut up his face- but he is definitely in awe of her.

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 11:48 am

Ha, no not amused after she kicks his a** and leaves him with a souvenir of the experience. I was thinking more amused at the beginning when he's clearly toying with her on Takodana and then after taking off the mask and both smirking/winking at her. He's not contemptuous of her the way he is of Poe because she just turned out to be this scrappy little scavenger who wanted to help out a little droid and managed to outwit Hux's minions. Take it as his "she's got a lot of spirit" phase of the movie.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 11:52 am

@snufkin wrote:Ha, no not amused after she kicks his a** and leaves him with a souvenir of the experience. I was thinking more amused at the beginning when he's clearly toying with her on Takodana and then after taking off the mask and both smirking/winking at her. He's not contemptuous of her the way he is of Poe because she just turned out to be this scrappy little scavenger who wanted to help out a little droid and managed to outwit Hux's minions. Take it as his "she's got a lot of spirit" phase of the movie.
@snufkin

That's how I saw it as well. I also expect him to be mad as hell when he initially shows up on Ahch-To. We know (per Pablo) that early in TLJ, Kylo is going to get chewed out by Snoke over his failure to "bring her to meeeeee...."

I also wouldn't be surprised if the "you have compassion for her" dialogue gets moved to this "chewing out" scene. I think it makes more sense tere anyway, since it's going set up what happens on Ahch-To. I do fully expect him to show up on Ahch-To all pumped up and ready to prove himself initially (until something happens that changes things again).
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 12:15 pm

@ISeeanIsland - Snoke's gonna be pissed about preventing the Resistance from getting to Luke after multiple attempts to stop it, so both Hux and Kylo are getting called to the Principle's office. And we know that it's in large part because Kylo decided to sneak a girl into his room instead of staying on task and then let her not just escape, but kick his a**, and now she's with Luke. It won't be pretty and who knows, there may be some harsh words doled out that he f**ked up because he's too compassionate or whatever, better not let that happen again.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 12:43 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:

@shii405

@Xylo Ren

@SoloSideCousin

Yes, this. I would also venture to speculate that Mr. Ren has never, ever been in love before. He is positively confused by this girl and the way she makes him feel, and he doesn't seem to know how to identify or deal with these new emotions. He knows familial love and is determined to stamp that out so he can succeed where Vader failed, but apparently he never expected to get hit out of nowhere by the beginnings of romantic love. He had no plan on how to manage that and it's very obvious in the film when he lets his compassion for this girl he has only just met compromise and downright sabotage his mission. While sentiment for family was Vader's weakness, I think we can all agree that Kylo is definitely no Vader and has an entirely different weakness of his own.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 12:51 pm

WhatGirl wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:

@shii405

@Xylo Ren

@SoloSideCousin

Yes, this. I would also venture to speculate that Mr. Ren has never, ever been in love before. He is positively confused by this girl and the way she makes him feel, and he doesn't seem to know how to identify or deal with these new emotions. He knows familial love and is determined to stamp that out so he can succeed where Vader failed, but apparently he never expected to get hit out of nowhere by the beginnings of romantic love. He had no plan on how to manage that and it's very obvious in the film when he lets his compassion for this girl he has only just met compromise and downright sabotage his mission. While sentiment for family was Vader's weakness, I think we can all agree that Kylo is definitely no Vader and has an entirely different weakness of his own.
@WhatGirl

I am really glad it's all but been confirmed now they're not going in with a huge, unrequited one sided crush on Ren's part. I'm looking forward to seeing him struggle a bit more with coming to terms with his feelings for Rey. We all know she will struggle, but Kylo wondering what the heck is going on in his own head will be so fun to watch, especially if they're sharing the same scene when these feelings come about.

A romantic version of "Join me and we'll rule the galaxy together!" seems a bit cliche now in retrospect, and does nothing to further Kylo's redemption. If this happens, most in the GA will be wanting Rey to run from him.

I want the audience rooting for Ben and his future with Rey when all is said and done.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 1:31 pm

I'm just curious how they're going to handle the sequence of events/motivation from "Kylo gets called to his boss's office to get yelled at thanks to his weaknesses leading to that pesky FS scavenger slipping through his grasp and helping the Resistance find Luke."  to "Kylo crashes the galaxy's most depressing yoga retreat on Ache-to because he's pissed at his uncle and the girl who blew him off." Snoke was willing to blow up an entire solar system simply to prevent the chance of somebody getting the map and taking off to find Luke. He just wants to keep Luke off moping in exile, doesn't sound exactly like he'd be wanting to dispatch a strike team there. Meanwhile Hux keeps sniping about Kylo's personal interests being at odds with the mission, so there's something in Ye Olde Jedi Temple/Ikea on Ache-to that he wants. So after getting sent to the woodshed for his compassion/weaknesses (score another "turns out killing your dad doesn't get you DS points") by his boss, how does he go from that to ending up on Ache-to? Is he sent there? Does he go rogue and run off there? Does Snoke even figure out that he maybe has downloaded the map while 'feeling the Force' or via a weird Space Skype connection? You'd guess that maybe Kylo tries to keep that side of the equation on the D/L from his boss, sort of like how Vader and the Emperor are trying to play each other in ESB.

These are the questions where "He has a bitchin' new cape and Vader like ship" go sailing over my head. Not the things I fixate on.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 2:19 pm

I admit it, for some reason, I don't think Kylo would come on Ahch-To to get revenge on Rey? I'd think that at this point, he'd be more desperate than vengeful: killing Han was supposed to make him more powerful, but that obviously didn't work. So he might accept whatever punishment Snoke gives him, and obey him by leaving for Ahch-To, but more out of a sense of "No one can save me now"? It would make sense with all the tortured Dark Byronic Prince marketing we've had for Kylo until now.

And that would certainly make sense with Rey learning something about him that makes him a lot more sympathetic in her eyes... and her revealing that to him would definitely turn the tables.

Just my two cents.

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]

Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!

Irina de France

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 3:00 pm

@Irina de France wrote:I admit it, for some reason, I don't think Kylo would come on Ahch-To to get revenge on Rey? I'd think that at this point, he'd be more desperate than vengeful: killing Han was supposed to make him more powerful, but that obviously didn't work. So he might accept whatever punishment Snoke gives him, and obey him by leaving for Ahch-To, but more out of a sense of "No one can save me now"? It would make sense with all the tortured Dark Byronic Prince marketing we've had for Kylo until now.

And that would certainly make sense with Rey learning something about him that makes him a lot more sympathetic in her eyes... and her revealing that to him would definitely turn the tables.

Just my two cents.
@Irina de France

Yeah, I have never been a big believer in the revenge scenario and now after seeing the VF pictures and hearing AD talk about pain and needing rehabilitation, he seems like he's too much of a mess and is just putting one foot in front of the other.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 3:10 pm

I'd fully expect that Rey's gonna have an "oh s**t" moment where it all falls into place between weird Force connection, talking to Leia, being around Luke in full weirdo hermit mode to realize exactly how everything went badly for Ben Solo. She's not gonna let him off the hook for being a monstah and what he did to her, Finn, and Han. But that's going to be tempered with some pretty strong feelings of pity and guilt over f**king him up when she just needed to disarm him and potentially drag his a** back to his mother.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 3:32 pm

Here is a thought....what if Kylo discovers Snoke plans to destroy Leia (and the resistance) once and for all, escapes alone in his TIE fighter to Ach-to to warn Luke and Rey? I don't think he would visit Luke because he has changed sides and I can see him wanting to remain with the FO- but he might regret not protesting enough when Snoke blew up Hosnian Prime and then his killing Han as well....he might just do this to save Leia, and this might make Rey question of he really is such a bad person.

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 5:32 pm

@panki wrote:Here is a thought....what if Kylo discovers Snoke plans to destroy Leia (and the resistance) once and for all, escapes alone in his TIE fighter to Ach-to to warn Luke and Rey? I don't think he would visit Luke because he has changed sides and I can see him wanting to remain with the FO- but he might regret not protesting enough when Snoke blew up Hosnian Prime and then his killing Han as well....he might just do this to save Leia, and this might make Rey question of he really is such a bad person.

@panki

And in this scenario, the fact that Kylo will (very sadly) ultimately fail at shielding Leia from this would be a huge turning point for his character.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the direction at some point, but somehow I doubt it'll be at the start of the movie. The way it's been described so far, Kylo is out to prove himself after getting yelled at by Snoke at the beginning.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 5:36 pm

@SoloSideCousin wrote:and hearing AD talk about pain and needing rehabilitation, he seems like he's too much of a mess and is just putting one foot in front of the other.
@SoloSideCousin Oh, where did AD talk about pain? I didn't know there is an AD interview available already. Is this for TLJ?

shii405
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 5:58 pm

@snufkin wrote:I'm just curious how they're going to handle the sequence of events/motivation from "Kylo gets called to his boss's office to get yelled at thanks to his weaknesses leading to that pesky FS scavenger slipping through his grasp and helping the Resistance find Luke."  to "Kylo crashes the galaxy's most depressing yoga retreat on Ache-to because he's pissed at his uncle and the girl who blew him off." Snoke was willing to blow up an entire solar system simply to prevent the chance of somebody getting the map and taking off to find Luke. He just wants to keep Luke off moping in exile, doesn't sound exactly like he'd be wanting to dispatch a strike team there. Meanwhile Hux keeps sniping about Kylo's personal interests being at odds with the mission, so there's something in Ye Olde Jedi Temple/Ikea on Ache-to that he wants. So after getting sent to the woodshed for his compassion/weaknesses (score another "turns out killing your dad doesn't get you DS points") by his boss, how does he go from that to ending up on Ache-to? Is he sent there? Does he go rogue and run off there? Does Snoke even figure out that he maybe has downloaded the map while 'feeling the Force' or via a weird Space Skype connection? You'd guess that maybe Kylo tries to keep that side of the equation on the D/L from his boss, sort of like how Vader and the Emperor are trying to play each other in ESB.

These are the questions where "He has a bitchin' new cape and Vader like ship" go sailing over my head. Not the things I fixate on.
@snufkin

I'm also leaning towards the "going rogue" scenario, myself. Because, like you say, if Snoke just wants Luke out of the way, why not send an aerial strike force to carpet bomb the place or nuke it or whatever the equivalent of nuking is in the GFFA? The only way that I see this being a Snoke-sanctioned mission is if it's some sort of "test" that Snoke sets for Kylo.

Based on what was set up in TFA, I think it's far more likely that Kylo gets chewed out by Snoke and either keeps it a secret that he has the map (if he got it during the Force lock in the snow fight) or figures out Rey and Luke's location later (if they go the Force connection route), and Kylo probably pretty much nearly immediately sets out to Ahch-To--largely to take care of his "personal interests" involving the map, but probably also setting out to defeat Rey this time. And I don't see that desire to "defeat Rey" as being a revenge mission so much as him wanting to repair his badly-damaged ego and possibly get himself back into Snoke's good graces.

Perhaps he's even thinking, "Well, I'm taking off on this unsanctioned mission, and I'll probably get in trouble with Snoke for that, but if I can come back with The Girl, I'll prove that I am capable and that I'm not a screw-up."
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 6:11 pm

I think he's going to be the most torn at the beginning of 8- I imagine snoke being like what the hell, perhaps it'll hit kylo that snoke is favoring rey now more- the dark will be tugging hard. But from the other end the light will also be tugging at him *stronger than ever*- with all his guilt and with his thing for rey. I think this will cause him to be ever more desperate to become dark so he will try to exact revenge on rey. But of course, I forsee a meltdown around her. I just really hope his turn to the light happens by the end of 8- I will be so pissed if they put that off 'til episode 9!!
rey09
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 7:11 pm

@ISeeanIsland - yep, "there is no conflict." Hahaha oh you liar. This is why the last recent time Looper popped up on cable I started wondering if he's a bit like Kid Blue, the reckless  screw-up who's eager to prove himself
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sat 03 Jun 2017, 7:30 pm

@shii405 wrote:
@SoloSideCousin wrote:and hearing AD talk about pain and needing rehabilitation, he seems like he's too much of a mess and is just putting one foot in front of the other.
@SoloSideCousin Oh, where did AD talk about pain? I didn't know there is an AD interview available already. Is this for TLJ?

@shii405

It was part of the Vanity Fair interviews.  I don't have the exact link, but it should definitely be in the Vanity Fair thread.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 06 Jun 2017, 5:23 pm

I see that Kylo Ren will be appearing in the Star Wars: Forces of Destiny animated series. I don't think the stories are being regarded as canon but I'm interested to see what they'll do with the characters all the same.

This is about celebrating our iconic heroes such as Rey, Princess Leia, Jyn, and more while also including epic villains like Kylo Ren, and lovable sidekicks such as Chewbacca and BB-8. While the content has been developed with kids in mind, it appeals to a much broader audience thanks to the authentic Star Wars storytelling.

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-forces-of-destiny-hasbro-interview/?trackback=tsmclip

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 08 Jun 2017, 11:44 pm

Because the topic of soap operas has come up before, I thought this was a funny comment in a story about the telenovela genre crossing borders from Latin America to Africa because the pretty young girl full of optimism and energy leaves her rural, backwater community to enter the larger world and gets caught up with the doings of a powerful family is straight up Rey's story.

Why East Africa is Hooked on Telenovelas

"A girl comes from the village and she gets a job as a nanny or housemaid in a big mansion ... She's pretty, and the father of the house sees her," she says.

And we know that Peter Bradshaw of the Guardian doesn't just think that George Lucas is a soap fan, but wrote a whole essay on soaps where he compared Han and Leia to Sybil and Branson in Downton Abbey.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 09 Jun 2017, 6:10 am

Just like to point out that anyone wondering where in the galaxy I've been: no broadband for two weeks thanks to a fault in the provider.

I bought Vanity Fair yesterday and had a real job getting the Kylo cover - finally got it but it was the only one left!

Our boy is pretty popular....
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum