Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Helix on Mon 12 Jun - 20:31

I had a 360 and they lifespan of the 360 and PS3 was actually really good. Not to mention things like the PS4 have blu ray players, Netflix compatibility and I don't need to beef up my comp. I can have two separate media hubs. A friend of mine poured over 800$ into a really gaming computer, also mouse and keyboard playing has always been awkward compared to controllers. Thankfully some support controllers, but not every game.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Kyla Ren on Mon 12 Jun - 22:55

@Geralt_Riv wrote:Am I the only PC gamer there? I still don't know if I will buy this game. If it would be cheaper yes but now it's too expensive for a game. And I don't have much time. When I have time, I play the first Battlefront and I really like it. I need to see if the Battlefront 2 is worth the money EA wants.
@Geralt_Riv

No, I've always played games on my PC.  If I get Battlefront II I'll probably get it for PC.  I just hope my computer meets the requirements to play it.
Kyla Ren
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 13 Jun - 4:13

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Geralt_Riv wrote:Am I the only PC gamer there? I still don't know if I will buy this game. If it would be cheaper yes but now it's too expensive for a game. And I don't have much time. When I have time, I play the first Battlefront and I really like it. I need to see if the Battlefront 2 is worth the money EA wants.
@Geralt_Riv

My husband and I are going to play together and since he hates consoles for some reason, I will be on a PC. :-)
@SoloSideCousin

My husband isn't a fan of consoles either so we mostly play the PC versions of games....we had to get the PS4 to play Uncharted 4, but that is only because there was no PC version and we love that series.

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Acritiqua on Wed 21 Jun - 2:48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmKxkqwv9oA&t=38s

I don't know what thread to put this in, and it's probably been posted before, but anyway I by and large love this and it is so close to what I see or would like to see. I love the idea also of Luke trying to become the embodiment of the Light side.

What doesn't quite work is this idea that Kylo is trying to finish what Vader started by bringing balance to the Force and that he knows Rey is supposed to help him. I think Kylo is lost/confused and he knows he has an intertwined destiny with Rey and he can't quite put his finger on what it is. It's more likely Rey would figure out that she and Kylo are supposed to bring balance to the Force and then in Ep. IX she convinces him (rather than him presenting this to her, and convincing her). Rey realizes that Kylo has the right idea in a sense, but that it's been corrupted, and so she is able to help him clear up his confusion. And really if there was ever a moment for Force ghost Anakin to reappear it would be after that is settled. Kylo would be finishing what Vader/Anakin started, just not perhaps in the way he initially thought.
Acritiqua
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Wed 21 Jun - 3:05

@Acritiqua

Thor Skywalker is one of my faves. I've watched his Reylo video several times. He's not completely sold on romantic Rey and Kylo, but I like how open he is to the idea. He even mentions the possibility in other videos  Smile
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 21 Jun - 10:19

@Irina de France wrote:I admit it, for some reason, I don't think Kylo would come on Ahch-To to get revenge on Rey? I'd think that at this point, he'd be more desperate than vengeful: killing Han was supposed to make him more powerful, but that obviously didn't work. So he might accept whatever punishment Snoke gives him, and obey him by leaving for Ahch-To, but more out of a sense of "No one can save me now"? It would make sense with all the tortured Dark Byronic Prince marketing we've had for Kylo until now.

And that would certainly make sense with Rey learning something about him that makes him a lot more sympathetic in her eyes... and her revealing that to him would definitely turn the tables.

Just my two cents.
@Irina de France

They're going to switch sides for their first fight and him arriving on Ach-To. In TFA Rey was all about to kick his a**, Kylo was pleading with her. Now Rey might be the one to plead with him not to fight, she might understand him better. But Kylo not listening and going after her, later on realizing he cannot kill her.
DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Thu 22 Jun - 21:16

Hi guys/girls! As I didn't get the time to post anything on the forum since February because of my job, I would like to share some thoughts about the news that we got since the previous months. I don't know which thread is the most adequate for that so I have decided to post in the BATB thread. I realize how many information I missed in the previous months but still I managed to follow the major news. If I well understand, the main information that we got since February come from first TLJ trailer broadcasted  during the SW Celebration and the Vanity Fair interviews.  Here is what are my late thoughts about the main information we got:

1) Reylo Force Bond seems confirmed by the TLJ ==> Rey gasping for air  immediately reminded me of the E.T./ Elliott connection, especially in that scene where Elliott goes to the fridge and suddently screams because he is connected with E.T. who got scared by something at the same time

2) I am now 90% convinced that Rey is related to Obi-Wan Kenobi and I am 100% convinced that providing that she's not related to him by blood, she  has at least the same kind of role to fulfill than he did so congrats to the part of the fandom who gathered the evidences Wink

3) I must admit that I was surprised by Rian's comments about love not being the centre of the story in TLJ with no one-to-one burning unrequited love story. It made me a little worried for a while because to me Reylo is supposed to be some Anidala in reverse to the idea of some burning forbidden romance seemed natural to me. I grew more worried when I read that the trilogy has actually no plan and that the directors were free to go the road they wanted to.Then, I read Rian's rectifications and understood that we shoudn't worry because actually it would be complicated to make Reylo happen during TLJ. Better having aslow-burning romance than having Kylo and Rey falling for one another in only two hours.

4) Rian's comments about love not being at the center of TLJ actually made me think even more to my assumption that even if Reylo is some kind of BATB love story, it would happen in some plot that has more to do with Atlantis the Lost Empire. I already wrote a post about the similarities between Atlantis the Lost Empire, TFA and even Rogue One (see the post aboutb Atlantis in the Disney dimension thread). Some information about TLJ  in the previous months make me think that the story could follow the same kind of story as Atlantis - the Lost Empire because:

a) When I first saw the images of unmasked Captain Phasma, it immediately reminded me of the Helga Sinclair

b) When I heard about the mechanic Rose Tano, it immediately reminded me of Audrey Ramirez. I mean, they could have chosen any status for that character (spy, captain, pilot or whatsoever but they chose to make her a mechanic. Can't believe that it is just a lucky coincidence even less when you know that Audrey teams up with Dr.Sweet at some point of the movie to make the evil plan fail Wink

c) A lot of people have asked themselves what is this strange form on the island, some assuming that it could be Yoda. Only an assumption but could it be some Easter Egg referring to the statues of Atlantis the Lost Empire?

d) Adam's repetitive comments about Kylo's fate at the end of TLJ ("depends what your idea of living is" + "perhaps he's not gonna make it" ) makes me suspect more and more that Ben could end in some some similar (near-death) state as Kida after she is chosen by the cristal and imprisoned by Rourke. Although it seems like Rian wants to avoid the critiscisms that J.J. got because of the similarities with ANH, I keep in mind that ESB ended with Han Solo prisoner in some box, which also happens to Kida in Atlantis but also to E.T. in E.T. the Extraterrestriel whom with Ben also share similarities.

e) Love is not central in this movie. This is no conventional Disney movie where the love story between the two main characters drives the story. The journey to Atlantis and the survival of the island is the major plot of the story. Milo and Kida end up together but you never get to see some kiss or wedding. Still Milo's love for Kida is one of the central element that led him to rescue both the princess and Atlantis. So this is a good example to illustrate what Rian's comment possibly mean even if I don't find the dynamic between Kida and Milo very interesting. So I hope that Rian manage to make Rey and Kylo's relationship as interesting as J.J. described it in his audio comments. I am sure thatRey and Kylo will end uup romantically involved by the end of the trilogy because I don't see how these two could stay only friends, having just some platonic relationship. But in TLJ, I rather expect a relationship close to Anakin/Obi-Wan's and E.T. /Elliott's that were in some way love stories since Obi-Wan told Anakin "You were my brother Anakin! I loved you!"and Elliott told E.T. "E.T. I love you!"

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Sun 25 Jun - 14:50

I don't know where to put that, maybe in the collectibles. My parents were at my place while I was gone for a couple of days. When I came back on Friday evening, I already noticed that my Lego Kylo and Rey were still facing each other but in a different position. Sometime during Saturday they ended up with Kylo turning his back on Rey and looking as though he were protecting her from an enemy. Someone is having fun with the Lego Reylo Laughing Yes, my mom.

Surprisingly, she's starting to see Reylo as an opportunity. She is a fan of Kylo but until now she thought Rey and Finn would be end game. Since she is not following any SW news, we rarely talk about it and she hasn't seen TFA in ages, I can only assume that it's seeing my Funko Reylo and Lego Reylo that is starting to influence her views.
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Sun 25 Jun - 17:34

Lego Reylo is the best:

Spoiler:

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Sun 25 Jun - 19:16

So awesome @vaderito!!!! Lol!!!!!
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Sun 25 Jun - 19:31

@vaderito wrote:Lego Reylo is the best:

Spoiler:

@vaderito

Hahaha teaching her to swim! So sweet of him!
SheLitAFire
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Mon 26 Jun - 1:15

That Lego pic is off. Kylo should have an 8 pack.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 26 Jun - 1:17

@Darth Dementor wrote:That Lego pic is off. Kylo should have an 8 pack.
@Darth Dementor

I count eight packs. The top pair seem to be blended together. I'm glad though we can have these in depth conversations to keep us busy until December. Laughing

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 26 Jun - 1:21

This one is prophetic 

cause they ended up with capes in TLJ:

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dementor on Mon 26 Jun - 1:37

@IoJovi wrote:
@Darth Dementor wrote:That Lego pic is off.  Kylo should have an 8 pack.
@Darth Dementor

I count eight packs.  The top pair seem to be blended together.  I'm glad though we can have these in depth conversations to keep us busy until December.  Laughing
@IoJovi
Same here.  And if my Anatomy & Physiology books are correct that is the Pyramidalis Muscle your referring to.  The "six pack" area located just below is called the Rectus Abdominis Muscle.  Yeah that's right, I'm busting out my med student credentials here LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 26 Jun - 17:18

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 26 Jun - 17:24

When is he going to draw unmasked Lil Kylo? I want to see his hair and ears! H-beating

BTW, Lil Rey is flirty. Very Happy
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 26 Jun - 17:31

@vaderito wrote:When is he going to draw unmasked Lil Kylo? I want to see his hair and ears! H-beating

BTW, Lil Rey is flirty. Very Happy
@vaderito

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 26 Jun - 17:43

Claps H-beating
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 26 Jun - 18:36

Was just thinking....what if the "You're afraid you will never be as strong as Darth Vader" means he is afraid he will never be strong enough to turn away from the Dark Side? It's not "as dark as" or even "as powerful as".

Just a random thought.
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 26 Jun - 18:37

@Darth_Awakened

Is that a HEART on Rey's speeder on the top of it? bounce
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Mon 26 Jun - 18:59

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Mon 26 Jun - 19:37

We always knew Kesinger was a Reylo shipper - he makes no efforts to hide it. Laughing
Still, I did do a little tiny squeeeee when I saw it...

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 26 Jun - 19:51

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@Darth_Awakened

Is that a HEART on Rey's speeder on the top of it? bounce
@ReyofLightSide

I think it's the windshield of the speeder.
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Mon 26 Jun - 20:42

@ReyofLightSide wrote:Was just thinking....what if the "You're afraid you will never be as strong as Darth Vader" means he is afraid he will never be strong enough to turn away from the Dark Side? It's not "as dark as" or even "as powerful as".

Just a random thought.

@ReyofLightSide

Could be! I took it at face value to go with his general self loathing and how Snoke manipulates him into killing Han with the sentiment stuff that didn't make it into the final cut. That he's got this mental image of somebody who's emotionless and ruthless versus the actual Emo Kylo Ren we frequently see. And that line plus getting told that he's lost Snoke's trust make him desperate/reckless enough to kill Han because he sees it as his last chance.

snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum