Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Page 22 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by vaderito on Wed 12 Jul - 17:52

@motherofpearl1

I think the attitude of his parents emotionally scarred him; what kind of mother makes her own child wear a mask?

Ah, emotionally scarred anti-heroes! Why are they the most compelling and romantic characters ever?
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 12 Jul - 17:58

vaderito wrote:@motherofpearl1

I think the attitude of his parents emotionally scarred him; what kind of mother makes her own child wear a mask?

Ah, emotionally scarred anti-heroes! Why are they the most compelling and romantic characters ever?
@vaderito

Because they're survivors, and they have the potential to be someone good.
And because let's face it........we can see much of ourselves in them.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 12 Jul - 18:11

motherofpearl1 wrote:

Because they're survivors, and they have the potential to be someone good.
And because let's face it........we can see much of ourselves in them.
@motherofpearl1

I'll never understand fans who deny that and outright hate those characters. Like, what does it say about you?

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Thu 13 Jul - 2:42

Wow, I just saw Spiderman Homecoming and didn't go in with any expectations but there are three very interesting things I saw that reminded me of the ST and our little friends...

Don't read if you want to enjoy the surprises!

Spiderman HC SPOILERS:

1. The Twist:
So half the movie Peter is in love with this girl Liz, while also tracking a criminal making and selling alien weapons...turns out...that guy is Liz's dad! You really don't see it coming and the reveal scene is done unbelievably well.

2. The love interest:
Everyone knows Peter Parker falls in love with Mary Jane, or "MJ" so it was weird when he was all gaga over this Liz girl. Meanwhile they have this edgy character played by Zendaya, a pretty big name, who just plays the occasional comic relief? I knew something was up. She's present here and there in the movie, but they never mention her name. She reveals her name at the very end and her name is Michele. "My friends call me MJ". (2 points for developing love interests in the sequel!) also my sister said she shipped them because Liz has absolutely no personality.

3. The bad guy:
Peter Parker saves the bad guy! He just wants him arrested, not killed. It's Liz's dad after all.

Very neat spin on things from your typical superhero movie. Things that were pulled off well. My sister sat next to me said several times during the movie "The writing is good!".

And that's the real thing isn't it? If the writing is good no matter how crazy a scenario, people will believe it and eat it up. Anything is possible Wink
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Fri 14 Jul - 23:29

Another parallel that I just realized between SHR and TFA
Current SHR viewers, better not read!" - Episode  9 and 10:

Male lead "abducts" the girl...

Girl's abduction right under the nose..

Search for the girl...

Later...

Little bonus:

Although this is no direct parallel, there is an interesting detail about both heroins. They obviously like water very much. Let's focus firts on Hae Soo. From Episode 6, she regularly gets visions about awful events happening in the future which leaves her extremely scared to the point that she begs her love interest Wang Wook to bring her out of the palace because she can't bear this pressure any more.  She is so tense by her visions that at some point she completely is out of breath quite the same way as Rey in the TLJ trailer:

And what does she do? Goes straight to some water spot to feel better and indeed relax after a while...

And what does Rey do right after the MF arrive on Takodana? Goes straight to a water spot where she obviously feels very relaxed

And where does Wang So bring Hae Soo after "abducting"her?

Tadam!  sunny

The guy is a keen observer. She didn't need to tell him where to bring her. He knew it right away because he saw the night before where she went to feel better. Not only does he fulfill her wish to be out of the palace but he brings her to a place where he knows that she will feel at ease. And indeed it works - by the way same wide-eye expression as Rey in front of an ocean:

Then, Wang So continues the stormy discussion they had the night before only after making sure that she is relax enough because only a few hours ago they weren't in the mood for a peaceful and sane discussion, once again a quite similar situation to Kylo & Rey before the snow  fight:

So I've always assumed that Rey could fall into the ocean and be saved by Kylo - which I still think will happen. However, maybe that these two shots of Rey while arriving on Takodana and Ahch-To plus  Kylo's comment on the ocean are meant to stress how well Rey feels around the water.

Can't imagine that Kylo wouldn't do anything with this information. I assume he's been in her head long enough to know how Rey feel around water.  So maybe it gives some indication where he could bring her to make her feel better near him and/or have some peaceful discussion with her. Maybe some specific water spot like a waterfall or a lake:?:

Anyway, all these parallels kill me softly.

By the way, the Force Awakens was the opening musical theme for the firework in Paris for the National Day Wink

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Sat 15 Jul - 0:33

reylo1992 wrote:Another parallel that I just realized between SHR and TFA
Current SHR viewers, better not read!" - Episode  9 and 10:

Male lead "abducts" the girl...

Girl's abduction right under the nose..

Search for the girl...

Later...

Little bonus:

Although this is no direct parallel, there is an interesting detail about both heroins. They obviously like water very much. Let's focus firts on Hae Soo. From Episode 6, she regularly gets visions about awful events happening in the future which leaves her extremely scared to the point that she begs her love interest Wang Wook to bring her out of the palace because she can't bear this pressure any more.  She is so tense by her visions that at some point she completely is out of breath quite the same way as Rey in the TLJ trailer:

And what does she do? Goes straight to some water spot to feel better and indeed relax after a while...

And what does Rey do right after the MF arrive on Takodana? Goes straight to a water spot where she obviously feels very relaxed

And where does Wang So bring Hae Soo after "abducting"her?

Tadam!  sunny

The guy is a keen observer. She didn't need to tell him where to bring her. He knew it right away because he saw the night before where she went to feel better. Not only does he fulfill her wish to be out of the palace but he brings her to a place where he knows that she will feel at ease. And indeed it works - by the way same wide-eye expression as Rey in front of an ocean:

Then, Wang So continues the stormy discussion they had the night before only after making sure that she is relax enough because only a few hours ago they weren't in the mood for a peaceful and sane discussion, once again a quite similar situation to Kylo & Rey before the snow  fight:

So I've always assumed that Rey could fall into the ocean and be saved by Kylo - which I still think will happen. However, maybe that these two shots of Rey while arriving on Takodana and Ahch-To plus  Kylo's comment on the ocean are meant to stress how well Rey feels around the water.

Can't imagine that Kylo wouldn't do anything with this information. I assume he's been in her head long enough to know how Rey feel around water.  So maybe it gives some indication where he could bring her to make her feel better near him and/or have some peaceful discussion with her. Maybe some specific water spot like a waterfall or a lake:?:

Anyway, all these parallels kill me softly.

By the way, the Force Awakens was the opening musical theme for the firework in Paris for the National Day Wink
@reylo1992

I think you're right, there are some parallelisms. By the way, I finished watching SHR a couple of days ago and I loved it  Very Happy . Thanks for the recommendation.  Thumbs up
SPOILER. Don't read if you're a current viewer:
OMG that ending. About to C  About to C  About to C  About to C  It was so bittersweet.
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by LastCrusadeLeft on Tue 18 Jul - 22:02

Far reach ...but I'm intrigued!   Shocked

I'm sure you can see the "hearts" here, yes, BUT take a closer look at the black pixels (of the smaller "heart" f.e.). They are identical! IDENTICAL!!!

I did not readjust the size in comparison or anything!

Leia has also "hearts" on her poster. But the pixels there are NOT as mirroring as in Rey and Ben's poster:

I think I'm loosing my mind!?  Very Happy
LastCrusadeLeft
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 18 Jul - 22:22

LastCrusadeLeft wrote:

I'm sure you can see the "hearts" here, yes, BUT take a closer look at the black pixels (of the smaller "heart" f.e.). They are identical! IDENTICAL!!!

Leia has also "hearts" on her poster. But the pixels there are NOT as mirroring as in Rey and Ben's poster:

@LastCrusadeLeft

Please don't get me started with this. Anyone who knows me well enough on this forum will know I'll run with this to infinity... lol!

Can it be December now?

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 18 Jul - 22:28

To be fair, Finn also has one to his left.  Interesting that it's on a separate side.  We do know he's getting a love interest of his own, so there is that.  Leia also had love, once.  Sad

Luke has no hearts to be found. Neither does Poe.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 22:41

LastCrusadeLeft wrote:

@LastCrusadeLeft

Wow! They even both have that little cleave that ends in an "X". Very Happy
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 22:44

SoloSideCousin wrote:
LastCrusadeLeft wrote:

@LastCrusadeLeft

Wow! They even both have that little cleave that ends in an "X". Very Happy
@SoloSideCousin

Also, sorry for the dp and for getting on this heart train, but you might be able to argue that Leia has two hearts.  A bigger one and a smaller one.  For Han and Ben?
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 18 Jul - 22:46

I didn't look at them close when I first saw this, but they really are identical, right down to the small "creases" and what not.

affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 18 Jul - 22:50

IoJovi wrote:I didn't look at them close when I first saw this, but they really are identical, right down to the small "creases" and what not.  

affraid
@IoJovi

Yes! That little "X" is insane in particular.

Also, who brought over the BatB character posters the other day? @Reylo1992? Are there any similar teeny Easter eggs between Belle and the Beast? You know Disney did these posters and loves to have all these weird little Easter eggs.
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Tue 18 Jul - 22:54

SoloSideCousin wrote:
IoJovi wrote:I didn't look at them close when I first saw this, but they really are identical, right down to the small "creases" and what not.  

affraid
@IoJovi

Also, who brought over the BatB character posters the other day? @Reylo1992? Are there any similar teeny Easter eggs between Belle and the Beast? You know Disney did these posters and loves to have all these weird little Easter eggs.
@SoloSideCousin

Yep! Let's check together! Maybe we find something interesting Smile

@SoloSideCousin

Does everybody see what I see Question affraid

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

By the way,
@SoloSideCousin wrote:Yes! That little "X" is insane in particular.

Where do you see a little X on Kylo and Rey's poster Question

Because if there is one, we might as well search for S and E now, right Question

lol! lol! lol!

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 18 Jul - 23:24

affraid
@IoJovi

I see them, and they are identical, but the Debbie Downer in me is wondering if it was just a copy-and-paste job from the graphic artist person who made the poster?

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 18 Jul - 23:34

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

affraid
@IoJovi

I see them, and they are identical, but the Debbie Downer in me is wondering if it was just a copy-and-paste job from the graphic artist person who made the poster?
@ISeeAnIsland

You're not being a Debbie Downer. I wondered that too, if they had the same graphic stamp, or something. Leia's heart is very similar in nature too. Still, it's fun to think they might be intentional.

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Wed 19 Jul - 2:16

Guys, stop reaching with those freakin hearts. I bet every poster has them.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Wed 19 Jul - 2:20

I also don't think there is anything significant to the digital fraying on those posters.
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Wed 19 Jul - 2:35

vaderito wrote:Guys, stop reaching with those freakin hearts. I bet every poster has them.
@vaderito

I think we're just having a little fun here. Nothing serious. If people want to analyze the posters, why not? Nope
Tex
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 19 Jul - 2:38

Tex wrote:
vaderito wrote:Guys, stop reaching with those freakin hearts. I bet every poster has them.
@vaderito

I think we're just having a little fun here. Nothing serious. If people want to analyze the posters, why not? Nope
@Tex

Exactly. If you don't like something, please move on and find something that does interest you. Why is that so hard?

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 19 Jul - 5:59

Interesting that they're present on Finn who's getting a love interest in Rose, Leia,who had Han....but not present on Poe or Luke however.

The plot thickens...........
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Wed 19 Jul - 6:57

This heart is more than enough for me:

I'm honestly more interested in the fact the Rey and Kylo posters are so similar even the same [size=38]brush strokes appear in the same place, hearts or not. Those posters are subliminally cuing as hell. Rey's with Ben. She's the only one with him. And she's looking to the audience as she goes with him on his mission, as though she's asking us for approval. It's incredibly intriguing.[/size]
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 19 Jul - 7:22

MeadowofAshes wrote:This heart is more than enough for me:

I'm honestly more interested in the fact the Rey and Kylo posters are so similar even the same [size=38]brush strokes appear in the same place, hearts or not. Those posters are subliminally cuing as hell. Rey's with Ben. She's the only one with him. And she's looking to the audience as she goes with him on his mission, as though she's asking us for approval. It's incredibly intriguing.[/size]
@MeadowofAshes

Great interpretation! cheers A little like LRRH asking her mother whether she is allowed to go out with that "stranger" Question Wink

Last edited by reylo1992 on Wed 19 Jul - 7:34; edited 2 times in total

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Wed 19 Jul - 7:29

IoJovi wrote:
Tex wrote:
@vaderito

@Tex

Exactly.  If you don't like something, please move on and find something that does interest you.   Why is that so hard?
@IoJovi

Agree! I don't know whether we overanalyze it or not but it is a fact that Disney has the habit to insert Easter Eggs - and sometimes subliminal messages - in his posters. That's why, no one would convince me that the phallic symbol formed by the BATB posters is just some unlucky accident.

Now I guess that they wouldn't take such a big risk with Kylo and Rey since they keep the nature of their relationship hidden where Belle and Beast's is widely known. But still, if there is really a little X somewhere in a poster, maybe it's worth to search for S and E since Disney obviously likes to insert the word "sex" in their children movies (not that I approve).

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 19 Jul - 8:02

MeadowofAshes wrote:This heart is more than enough for me:

@MeadowofAshes

More fascinating even than that is they're presenting Kylo not as a villain but a victim. His expression on both posters is sad, whereas Luke actually looks menacing. He's in a poster collection where the other five characters are the heroes. Gone is the sinister masked figure of TFA.

They even have him labelled as 'The Lost' - that screams tortured soul not vengeful villain.
If anyone here has 'menace' written allover them judging by their picture image....it's Luke. Shocked
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum