Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by DarthRen on Wed 19 Jul - 7:12

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Interesting that they're present on Finn who's getting a love interest in Rose, Leia,who had Han....but not present on Poe or Luke however.

The plot thickens...........
@motherofpearl1

We don't know that.
avatar
DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 458
Likes : 1285
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Czech Republic

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 19 Jul - 8:15

@DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:Interesting that they're present on Finn who's getting a love interest in Rose, Leia,who had Han....but not present on Poe or Luke however.

The plot thickens...........
@motherofpearl1

We don't know that.
@DarthRen

I thought John had mentioned it?
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1813
Likes : 7420
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by IoJovi on Wed 19 Jul - 12:48

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:Interesting that they're present on Finn who's getting a love interest in Rose, Leia,who had Han....but not present on Poe or Luke however.

The plot thickens...........
@motherofpearl1

We don't know that.
@DarthRen

I thought John had mentioned it?
@motherofpearl1

We've been hit over the head with it. It's not exactly a secret when they play Across the Stars every time John and Kelly are presented together.

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5500
Likes : 29805
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Helix on Wed 19 Jul - 14:28

I recently watched a video about this in regards to another character, I'm not sure if it has been brought up re: Kylo. Has anyone thought of him experiencing PITS symptoms after killing Han? ( Perpetration-Induced Traumatic Stress (abbreviated PITS), also known as Participation-Induced Traumatic Stress, occurs when the symptoms of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) are caused by an act or acts of killing or similar horrific violence. ) He looks very haggard in TLJ and PITS ( Perpetration-induced traumatic stress ) is known for causing things like nightmares about the killings, being killed in their place, etc. I believe PTSD has been brought up before, but PITS could be more fitting specifically for Han's death and his state in TLJ. Of course I'm not 100% diagnosing since fiction and reality have a line and it doesn't always work, but the symptoms seem fitting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetration-induced_traumatic_stress

The dream part is particularly interesting in how they could handle his regret and mentality going forward.

Dream motifs

Compared to the victim form of being traumatized, there are different dream motifs reported. While the eidetic dreams – that is, those that are like a video of the event playing in the head – can be experienced as they are with traumatized victims, other motifs also appear more commonly. One is that of having the tables turned and being the one killed, or being very vulnerable in the same situation. Another motif is that of the victims accusing the dreaming person or demanding to know why he or she did it. Also possible is a motif of the self being split in two so that the killer part of the person is seen as actually being a different person.

The content of dreams (as well as intrusive thoughts and flashbacks) may help to tell us that the event being dreamed of is indeed the trauma which is causing the symptoms, allowing for a greater possible understanding of which event might have caused the post-trauma symptoms.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2444
Likes : 9478
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by motherofpearl1 on Wed 19 Jul - 14:35

Very valid point, and on this shot of the trailer sequence;
http://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news.tops/NE24gN8gaimJ49_2_b.jpg

thanks to Ohtze who cleaned and brightened it on her blog, you can see how ill he looks- either like someone who's been through a lot or hasn't slept well for days.

Cruel as it seems, this is a good sign for Kylo - a heartless uncaring soul wouldn't feel a scrap of remorse. Compare his reaction with Hux over the Hosnian system.
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1813
Likes : 7420
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by snufkin on Wed 19 Jul - 21:50

Because there are a lot of us GdT fans here, anybody else see the trailer today for Shape of Water and notice some of the parallels? Especially about the bond between heroine and "monster?" And that the monster is a prisoner of the main bad guys who want to exploit it



avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5307
Likes : 22664
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by snufkin on Wed 19 Jul - 22:05

Also because the topic of Austen comes up here often, it's her sort of bicentenniel today. At least of her death. And I think as with the male tears in the comments section for Forces of Destiny, the freak out and death threats over putting her on the £10 note (with a Caroline Bingley quote, no less!) is the same phenomena. But because it's a big day, I thought the nerds here would appreciate the Atlantic's special section of Austenpalooza.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5307
Likes : 22664
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by adamdrivershair on Wed 19 Jul - 22:13

@snufkin That looks amazing! And the image of her embracing the monster from behind looks just like the concept art of Kylo/The Jedi Killer embracing Rey/Kira from behind.
avatar
adamdrivershair
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 67
Likes : 397
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by snufkin on Wed 19 Jul - 22:19

@adamdrivershair wrote:@snufkin That looks amazing! And the image of her embracing the monster from behind looks just like the concept art of Kylo/The Jedi Killer embracing Rey/Kira from behind.

@adamdrivershair

And KK offered one of the ST movies to GdT but he passed. But his stuff is thematically in that vein, including it being a coming of age/transformative experience for his heroines.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5307
Likes : 22664
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 20 Jul - 5:37

@adamdrivershair wrote:@snufkin That looks amazing! And the image of her embracing the monster from behind looks just like the concept art of Kylo/The Jedi Killer embracing Rey/Kira from behind.
@adamdrivershair

Yes...a lot of people who didn't see the art book refuse to believe any connection between Rey and Kylo but there it is in the book.

Along with some very creepy images of Luke....... Shocked

Off topic...big GdT fan here and I really like the look of this film.
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1813
Likes : 7420
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Lily Snape on Thu 20 Jul - 6:05

@snufkin wrote:Also because the topic of Austen comes up here often, it's her sort of bicentenniel today. At least of her death. And I think as with the male tears in the comments section for Forces of Destiny, the freak out and death threats over putting her on the £10 note (with a Caroline Bingley quote, no less!) is the same phenomena. But because it's a big day, I thought the nerds here would appreciate the Atlantic's special section of Austenpalooza.
@snufkin

I'm delighted-- about time, like putting Harriet Tubman in Andrew Jackson's place in the U.S.  I have the good fortune to be surrounded by guys (husband and sons) who are happy to see women (in addition, of course, to QE2 and the infrequently seen Susan B. Anthony dollar) finally being put on currency. My husband is a history teacher and is not a fan of Andrew Jackson, so that helps-- he's also the guy who as been known to say, "The longer I live, the more I think Thomas Jefferson is a jackass."  Smile I guess if you teach this stuff for long enough, you develop opinions.
avatar
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 257
Likes : 1352
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by snufkin on Thu 20 Jul - 7:01

@Lily Snape - Oh Jackson was awful. The entire community my mom's side of the family settled in after the Revolutionary War was territory that Jackson had seized from the Chickasaw as part of the Trail of Tears. That's always a fun conversation to have when older relatives start talking about how we got rewarded with a homestead for serving in the Revolution.

The Tubman and Austen bills, like just having female leads and more female characters in Star Wars, is long and ridiculously overdue.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5307
Likes : 22664
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by MeadowofAshes on Thu 20 Jul - 14:22

@Lily Snape wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Also because the topic of Austen comes up here often, it's her sort of bicentenniel today. At least of her death. And I think as with the male tears in the comments section for Forces of Destiny, the freak out and death threats over putting her on the £10 note (with a Caroline Bingley quote, no less!) is the same phenomena. But because it's a big day, I thought the nerds here would appreciate the Atlantic's special section of Austenpalooza.
@snufkin

I'm delighted-- about time, like putting Harriet Tubman in Andrew Jackson's place in the U.S.  I have the good fortune to be surrounded by guys (husband and sons) who are happy to see women (in addition, of course, to QE2 and the infrequently seen Susan B. Anthony dollar) finally being put on currency. My husband is a history teacher and is not a fan of Andrew Jackson, so that helps-- he's also the guy who as been known to say, "The longer I live, the more I think Thomas Jefferson is a jackass."  Smile I guess if you teach this stuff for long enough, you develop opinions.
@Lily Snape My dad is a retired history teacher, and we're from Oklahoma, aka former Indian Territory. Almost everyone who is black or white in any small town also has some amount of native blood. Andrew Jackson was NOT popular in our household or in any classroom I sat in.
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1501
Likes : 8367
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by snufkin on Thu 20 Jul - 17:07

@MeadowofAshes - funny thing, one of my siblings just did the DNA test fully expecting given the region (NW TN) that side of the family is from, we'd have some indigenous background. We are 0%. Jackson et all did a pretty good job of sweeping them out the county before our ancestors had their move-in day.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5307
Likes : 22664
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 20 Jul - 19:32

@snufkin wrote:@MeadowofAshes - funny thing, one of my siblings just did the DNA test fully expecting given the region (NW TN) that side of the family is from, we'd have some indigenous background. We are 0%. Jackson et all did a pretty good job of sweeping them out the county before our ancestors had their move-in day.
@snufkin

@snufkin wrote:@MeadowofAshes - funny thing, one of my siblings just did the DNA test fully expecting given the region (NW TN) that side of the family is from, we'd have some indigenous background. We are 0%. Jackson et all did a pretty good job of sweeping them out the county before our ancestors had their move-in day.
@snufkin

My in-laws just did one of those tests and they got some bewildering results. My sister-in-law came up as a little bit Ashkenazi Jew, (something I was expecting because about 400 years back some names indicated some Jewish ancestors becoming Lutherans; also the vast majority of Americans with my husband's last name are also Jewish), but my in-laws didn't show any Ashkenazi background at all, but their daughter did?

Also, my father-in-law has a serious background in Great Britain (like the family were Quakers in PA and everything and all went back to Britain), but he only got 4% Great Britain, but like 84% Western European. I don't know if they are picking up older genes from the Anglo Saxons or Normans or what. However, I suspect that the major companies only hold the patents for certain identifying genetic lines, so I was thinking of doing a test with maybe 3 companies to see if the results changed from company to company.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3097
Likes : 13561
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by snufkin on Thu 20 Jul - 19:56

@SoloSideCousin wrote:I suspect that the major companies only hold the patents for certain identifying genetic lines, so I was thinking of doing a test with maybe 3 companies to see if the results changed from company to company

I can PM you if you're interested. But after the test results, which some of them were a little weird given the general family history we have a papertrail for, I posted on Facebook. One friend mentioned three different articles about some of the variances in testing when they did it with twins/triplets as a sort of controlled sample. Another friend whose a bio-statistician mentioned that they used it as sample cases for some of her MPH coursework as a way of identifying when how statistical sampling methods can frequently only verify the factors used in the case study. So it's less a definitive test of identifying the actual region your ancestors came from and more a test of comparing your DNA against what they have in their database. Which some of it is generated from people participating in their service, kind of analogous to how Google's search algorithm is based on the volume of user behavior.

Of course now I'm having an argument with the sibling who did the test, who keeps insisting that it means something happened 1000s of years ago. Which at that point, it feels like useless data imo. Or maybe when it comes to Star Wars, it feels like midichlorians! The biostatistician friend mentioned that her test came back with a much smaller than to be expected hit for one of the main nationalities for her family (via Great-Grandparents who immigrated here) that it makes her skeptical about the dataset it's being compared to.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5307
Likes : 22664
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by panki on Thu 20 Jul - 20:03

Has anyone tried the National Geographic Genographic project's test to find one's ancestry? It looks pretty interesting but am not sure if its worth it for a female since they can't tell much about one's paternal side.

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2824
Likes : 10246
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 20 Jul - 20:07

I've heard that 23&Me does the best breakdown. My mom and a couple siblings did that one and got slightly different results. Their mother is Italian and had different percentages of Italian genes.
My husband wanted to do it to find out if he is indeed 100% Japanese, as he claims Razz (as in no other Asian ancestors), but I'm not sure if any of them break it down further than "Southeast Asian."
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 574
Likes : 2570
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 20 Jul - 20:13

Yes, please email @snufkin. I am very interested. Thank you:D
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3097
Likes : 13561
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by snufkin on Thu 20 Jul - 20:24

@solosidecousin will email you!

@panki - I haven't heard of that one but now I'm curious. It's just the weird thing for our test is a bunch of nationalities who aren't at all geographically close to where our family immigrated from, especially during that time period (16th century). Nor are they nationalities who would have immigrated to the Colonial region (US South) our family settled in, especially during the 16th to late 19th c). There's no records, historic or personal to correlate it against. So it feels more like the test results are noise, instead of data. Unless I just had some ancestors who got around and dated way out of their neighborhood.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5307
Likes : 22664
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 20 Jul - 20:42

My husband did whatever DNA test is associated with ancestry.com. His grandfather was adopted, and they didn't know anything about his ancestry, but there weren't any surprises in my husband's results. We knew that he was at least 3/4 Euro-mutt, and the results confirmed just a bunch of different European ancestries. The only one that was at all surprising was that he was something like 1/8 or 1/16 Iberian.

We ran one on one of our dogs, and his came back with fairly reasonable results (we were right in guessing ahead of time that he had a lot of Jack Russell in him), except that it also said that he's 12.5% Pomeranian. We just don't see any Pomeranian breed characteristics in him. (Cue jokes about taking a Pomeranian bowling...)

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4046
Likes : 20959
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 20 Jul - 20:54

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:I've heard that 23&Me does the best breakdown. My mom and a couple siblings did that one and got slightly different results. Their mother is Italian and had different percentages of Italian genes.
My husband wanted to do it to find out if he is indeed 100% Japanese, as he claims Razz (as in no other Asian ancestors), but I'm not sure if any of them break it down further than "Southeast Asian."
@Cowgirlsamurai

Yeah, it's interesting how some of the nationalities are broken down.  You can get specification on Ireland in particular (which can include Scotland and Wales), and you can get Iberian peninsula, but Western Europe covers like 9 countries.  I can see them being able to get a good read on western Ireland/western Scotland because rhe DNA there can be very homogenous since the English didn't touch those areas for a long time and as early as the 1300s there were English laws on the books that English couldn't intermarry with Gaelic people's. But Spain/Portugal would be a real melting pot of Roman/Latin/Celt/Basque/Moor/Arab/Sephardic Jew, yet they can isolate that region? Maybe the Iberian mix is super unique under the microscope? But Japan being an island and having a history of isolation in certain eras would make you think that they could nail down some signatures for Japanese ... unless it really does go back 1000s of years and the peoples of that part of Asia all have a common ancestry?

@panki, I haven't investigated  the various services in a while, but at first I think you could only get information via the Y chromosome and through the maternal mitochondrial DNA going back like 20,000 years or something. But now I think they are able to do more of an admixture of nationalities.  I need to research them again.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3097
Likes : 13561
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Sacrebleu on Thu 20 Jul - 21:13

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:We ran one on one of our dogs, and his came back with fairly reasonable results (we were right in guessing ahead of time that he had a lot of Jack Russell in him), except that it also said that he's 12.5% Pomeranian. We just don't see any Pomeranian breed characteristics in him. (Cue jokes about taking a Pomeranian bowling...)
@ISeeAnIsland

I did the DNA test on my dog and it came back 50% Jack Russell (expected) and 25% Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (totally unexpected).  We can't see any Cavalier King Charles in him at all. The remaining 25% was such a mixture they could only venture some guesses as to that.
avatar
Sacrebleu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 312
Likes : 1124
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by SoloSideCousin on Thu 20 Jul - 21:32

@Sacrebleu wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:We ran one on one of our dogs, and his came back with fairly reasonable results (we were right in guessing ahead of time that he had a lot of Jack Russell in him), except that it also said that he's 12.5% Pomeranian. We just don't see any Pomeranian breed characteristics in him. (Cue jokes about taking a Pomeranian bowling...)
@ISeeAnIsland

I did the DNA test on my dog and it came back 50% Jack Russell (expected) and 25% Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (totally unexpected).  We can't see any Cavalier King Charles in him at all. The remaining 25% was such a mixture they could only venture some guesses as to that.
@Sacrebleu

I had my dog tested back in 2010. We always believed he was half beagle (from the owner who put him over the counter at the shelter) and like half Lab. He always looked like an older white/cream retriever puppy his entire life. (He was a really beautiful dog). He was dying, so I decided to get it done ... and it was pretty unhelpful. Absolutely no beagle nor retriever turned up. In fact, they could only identify 15% of him. 10% Collie and 5% Basenji, which was nuts because Basenjis come from a really narrow line. I remember the document saying that he was an "extremely mixed dog", lol. And people say mutts aren't good-looking, lol.

But honestly, I think the technology has probably really advanced since then because he had a ton of beagle/retriever/pointer type of traits and yet nothing like that came up. I want to test our current dog, but my husband doesn't want to because based on our late dog's results he thinks those tests are a scam. However, from the experiences I am hearing here, it sounds like doggie.DNA testing has improved over the past 7 years.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3097
Likes : 13561
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Sacrebleu on Thu 20 Jul - 22:02

@SoloSideCousin wrote:
@Sacrebleu wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:We ran one on one of our dogs, and his came back with fairly reasonable results (we were right in guessing ahead of time that he had a lot of Jack Russell in him), except that it also said that he's 12.5% Pomeranian. We just don't see any Pomeranian breed characteristics in him. (Cue jokes about taking a Pomeranian bowling...)
@ISeeAnIsland

I did the DNA test on my dog and it came back 50% Jack Russell (expected) and 25% Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (totally unexpected).  We can't see any Cavalier King Charles in him at all.  The remaining 25% was such a mixture they could only venture some guesses as to that.
@Sacrebleu

I had my dog tested back in 2010. We always believed he was half beagle (from the owner who put him over the counter at the shelter) and like half Lab. He always looked like an older white/cream retriever puppy his entire life. (He was a really beautiful dog). He was dying,  so I decided to get it done ... and it was pretty unhelpful. Absolutely no beagle nor retriever turned up. In fact, they could only identify 15% of him. 10% Collie and 5% Basenji, which was nuts because Basenjis come from a really narrow line. I remember the document saying that he was an "extremely mixed dog", lol. And people say mutts aren't good-looking,  lol.

But honestly, I think the technology has probably really advanced since then because he had a ton of beagle/retriever/pointer type of traits and yet nothing like that came up. I want to test our current dog, but my husband doesn't want to because based on our late dog's results he thinks those tests are a scam. However, from the experiences I am hearing here, it sounds like doggie.DNA testing has improved over the past 7 years.
@SoloSideCousin

My cousin is a vet at a university.  He told me at the time I had it done that it was not infallible, but that the testing had improved since its early days.  A blood test would be more accurate and could be done at his university, but it would cost about $100 and I had already spent $60 on the saliva one, so I put it on the back burner.  If I understand it correctly, the more mixed the dog is the more difficult it is to pinpoint specific breeds.  For the 25% of my dog that they were uncertain about, one of the strains they thought was present was a French mastiff, or Dogue de Bordeaux, like the dog in the film Turner and Hooch.

My dog, who weighs 17 lb.



French mastiff.  Yeah, no.

avatar
Sacrebleu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 312
Likes : 1124
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-30

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum