Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Page 25 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by IoJovi on Sat 22 Jul - 4:38

tukicarreno wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:I just wanted to ask around here , does anyone still believe a romance could happen with Rey & Kylo in episode IX? I am so bummed to see how many Reylo fans have sort of gave up on any possibility of that happening and just accept a platonic relationship at this point.  Neutral

I don´t know, maybe it´s just me, but I still fully believe that their story can come to fruition by episode IX but sadly  it´s hard to stay positive when everyone seems so resigned. Crying or Very sad

@tukicarreno

I think a lot of people were bummed about RomanceGate, but to me when I read the real quote, it just conveyed that Reylo would be a slow burn.  And let's be honest, I think that works best.  They have a mountain of sith they have to work through before they can get anywhere near that point.

If in the event things get a bit too hot and heavy when he shows up on Ach-To, it points to a far more tragic ending as those types of romance tend to burn out fast.  Worst case, it would probably mean Kylo's death at the end of it all.  

A slow burn actually points to a happy, satisfying ending and I want that far more than any Reylo kiss in episode VIII that might be too soon.
@IoJovi

Exactly! That's what I always thought too. A slowburn would definitely be better for their future together. Thats why I think they are doing things right not rushing it .I believe that in episode IX their love story will come to fruition. I was just asking because some fans online are getting discouraged and frustrated with the lack of Kylo/Adam & Reylo promo. But it is to be expected.

@tukicarreno

Yeah I'm still confused as to why this is a bad thing. Sure I'd LOVE to see Rey and Kylo interact together in the promos so I can just get my fix, but I NEVER once expected that to happen. The truth is, marketing is treating Kylo as if he's the elephant in the room. You know almost nothing about what he'll be doing, but his presence can be felt like the heat of 1000 suns. Look at him on the teaser poster!

Rey and Kylo's interactions are on lock down, and I'm sure it's something huge (and likely has to do with what most of us guessed when we first saw TFA)...

Back to top Go down

Re: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by reylo1992 on Sat 22 Jul - 7:25

IoJovi wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:I just wanted to ask around here , does anyone still believe a romance could happen with Rey & Kylo in episode IX? I am so bummed to see how many Reylo fans have sort of gave up on any possibility of that happening and just accept a platonic relationship at this point.  Neutral

I don´t know, maybe it´s just me, but I still fully believe that their story can come to fruition by episode IX but sadly  it´s hard to stay positive when everyone seems so resigned. Crying or Very sad

@tukicarreno

I think a lot of people were bummed about RomanceGate, but to me when I read the real quote, it just conveyed that Reylo would be a slow burn.  And let's be honest, I think that works best.  They have a mountain of sith they have to work through before they can get anywhere near that point.

If in the event things get a bit too hot and heavy when he shows up on Ach-To, it points to a far more tragic ending as those types of romance tend to burn out fast.  Worst case, it would probably mean Kylo's death at the end of it all.  

A slow burn actually points to a happy, satisfying ending and I want that far more than any Reylo kiss in episode VIII that might be too soon.
@IoJovi

Exactly! That's what I always thought too. A slowburn would definitely be better for their future together. Thats why I think they are doing things right not rushing it .I believe that in episode IX their love story will  come to  fruition. I was just asking because some fans online are getting discouraged and frustrated with the lack of Kylo/Adam & Reylo promo. But it is to be expected.

@tukicarreno

Yeah I'm still confused as to why this is a bad thing.  Sure I'd LOVE to see Rey and Kylo interact together in the promos so I can just get my fix, but I NEVER once expected that to happen.  The truth is, marketing is treating Kylo as if he's the elephant in the room.  You know almost nothing about what he'll be doing, but his presence can be felt like the heat of 1000 suns.  Look at him on the teaser poster!  

Rey and Kylo's interactions are on lock down, and I'm sure it's something huge (and likely has to do with what most of us guessed when we first saw TFA)...
@IoJovi

About Reylo potentially not being canon, I would give the same kind of analysis than in the "potentially non-romantic relationship" thread. I believe in some continuity between TFA and TLJ and in a logical marketing policy from L.F. I don't understand why J.J. was allowed to use romantic expressions in his TFA audio comments if romantic Reylo canon ain't canon anymore. He could have just said that Kylo and Rey would have an interesting relationship going forward and let everyone interpret it as they wanted: siblings, cousins, lovers, friends, etc... But the comparison between Rey and Cinderella is already pretty telling because he could have chosen any other character for the comparison. J.J. is primarily a science-fiction director so I guess that Disney fairytale vibe ain't part of his usual inspiration and vocabulary. I mean, I don't think it is so obvious that Rey being drawn to the Skywalker lightsaber looks is some callbqck to Cinderella. Plus, the only interesting thing in Cinderella's heroin journey is that she ends up with a Prince thanks to a shoe. Aside from that, nothing very interesting happens to her, Rey having of course a much larger heroin's journey by finding the Skywalker lightsaber. J.J. is part of the TLJ crew and the audio comments were released in November as Rian was already over with the shooting. The TLJ crew was obviously told by Lucasfilm to stress how much TLJ is different from any other SW to convince the audience that it won't be a copy of TLJ.

As for slow-burning Reylo, I agree that it would be the best option because the audience must be well-prepared for that. I have the feeling that the biggest obstacle for romantic Reylo ain't the fact that Kylo is a mass murder or even that he killed his father. Most people could easily relate to him if he is given a good reason for doing what he did. My impression is that it will be harder to convince people that he is the right person for Rey because of the interrogation scene since some consider that it is torture and even sexual assault.

Personally, this is not my opinion but I think it is definitely a sensitive issue. I already stressed how much the audience was ready to ignore/forgive Wang So's crimes but some people backlashed the SoSoo couple because it begun with a forced kiss. No matter how Kylo behaved gentle with Rey compared to Poe, the fact that the "villain" invaded the personal space and mind of his female prisoner is considered by some part of the audience as an assault. This is something the SW crew was probably well-aware before they shot the scene and that they can't ignore in a context where they're trying to show how much they're empowering women. I think this is maybe one of the reason why the marketing team always portray Kylo as a sad pup. And yet I still read some comments stressing that he looks like he''s gonna kill "women and children" on his personal poster so the audience obviously needs very strong reason to forgive him all

That's also one of the reason why I tend to think that we would get a more dramatical scenario for Kylo than just coming back to Mommy and Rey like a sad pup pleading for forgiveness.

Rian did well to precise that there wouldn't some romance a la Han and Leia although the book about Finn and Rose's mission reminds me of Hanand Leia's argument on Hoth too. Still, I can't believe that Finn and Rose would be the central romantic pair of the ST. They may be the romantic pair of TLJ to set a comparison between a FinnRose fast-burning romance and a Reylo slow-burning romance.

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sat 22 Jul - 12:02

I can't see Finn/Rose as the 'central' romantic pair myself, because Rose has only been introduced now.

But Reylo works far better as a slow burn because there is no time slip between TFA and TLJ. In the OT by the time ESB rolled around Han and Leia had had three years to get to know each other.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sat 22 Jul - 21:37

motherofpearl1 wrote:I can't see Finn/Rose as the 'central' romantic pair myself, because Rose has only been introduced now.

But Reylo works far better as a slow burn because there is no time slip between TFA and TLJ. In the OT by the time ESB rolled around Han and Leia had had three years to get to know each other.
@motherofpearl1

Yeah, me neither. To be honest the Finn/Rose romance does´t excite me at all. It will be cute, but nothing to write about. Plus as you said, fans are not going to be that invested in those two as much..
The Reylo slow burn although slow, could be fantastic when IX rolls round.I personally cannot wait to see the Reylo romantic scenes someday 2019!
Also, we should not forget that Colin said in an interview that he believes love and romance should be part of a big budget film, so I am very optimistic! Wink H-beating Approves

tukicarreno
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 22 Jul - 21:43

tukicarreno wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:I can't see Finn/Rose as the 'central' romantic pair myself, because Rose has only been introduced now.

@motherofpearl1

Yeah, me neither. To be honest the Finn/Rose romance does´t excite me at all. It will be cute, but nothing to write about. Plus as you said, fans are not going to be that invested in those two as much..
The Reylo slow burn although slow, could be fantastic when IX rolls round.I personally cannot wait to see the Reylo romantic scenes someday 2019!
Also, we should not forget that Colin said in an interview that he believes love and romance should be part of a big budget film, so I am very optimistic! Wink H-beating Approves
@tukicarreno

I understand people have their gripes and concerns about Trevorrow, but I'll say his 2012 film Safety Not Guaranteed was outstanding. Not only does it feature an unconventional romance, but KK has said several times it's one of the reasons why he was hired.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Sat 22 Jul - 23:20

IoJovi wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:

@motherofpearl1

@tukicarreno

I understand people have their gripes and concerns about Trevorrow, but I'll say his 2012 film Safety Not Guaranteed was outstanding. Not only does it feature an unconventional romance, but KK has said several times it's one of the reasons why he was hired.
@IoJovi

and I wouldn't call FinnRose unconventional from a purely dynamic pov. That definitely helps Reylo potential.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sun 23 Jul - 1:13

Helix wrote:and I wouldn't call FinnRose unconventional from a purely dynamic pov. That definitely helps Reylo potential.

Exactly! Very Happy Wink

tukicarreno
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sun 23 Jul - 1:56

tukicarreno wrote:
Helix wrote:and I wouldn't call FinnRose unconventional from a purely dynamic pov. That definitely helps Reylo potential.

Exactly! Very Happy Wink
@tukicarreno

I'm personally of the mindset that FinnRose is meant to be a diversion from Reylo.  In other words, one hand is saying look over here when the real shocker is in the other hand as a way to build up the surprise.  

This may be a reach, but during RomanceGate, Rian used the phrase ""no central romance" several times.  Could by  central he mean only one?  I had a feeling having seen all we've seen through 2016 there was a "from a certain point of view" vibe going on with his actual quote.  We've all long thought TLJ would include two very contrasting romances (one conventional, one not so much).  If his version of central means only one, well...

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sun 23 Jul - 2:53

IoJovi wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:

Exactly! Very Happy Wink
@tukicarreno

I'm personally of the mindset that FinnRose is meant to be a diversion from Reylo.  In other words, one hand is saying look over here when the real shocker is in the other hand as a way to build up the surprise.  

This may be a reach, but during RomanceGate, Rian used the phrase ""no central romance" several times.  Could by  central he mean only one?  I had a feeling having seen all we've seen through 2016 there was a "from a certain point of view" vibe going on with his actual quote.  We've all long thought TLJ would include two very contrasting romances (one conventional, one not so much).  If his version of central means only one, well...
@IoJovi [size=40]I'm highly optimistic on this front anyway... but yes, the entirety of Finn/Rose screams "pay no attention to the other couple behind the curtain!" to me. So I do think Rian's quote was worded carefully. Why advertise Finn/Rose so heavily and in such obvious romantic situations (space horse, elevator, bickering, etc...) and keep everything about Rey and Ben under wraps? If Finn/Rose were the only romance, that is what would be kept under wraps, I think.[/size]

[size=40]I've never thought Rey/Ben would be a slow burn. I don't mean to say they'll have our oft joked about trash sex scene under the waterfall the minute he arrives on Ahch-To, ha!, but their intensity level is so high I see a "sith, I was wrong about him!"/"sith, I was wrong about my life choices!" moment followed by some kind of obvious "these two want each other" gesture as a greater likelihood than anything slow. Kylo Ren is a passionate character - he does everything full force 110%.[/size]
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene on Sun 23 Jul - 2:59

MeadowofAshes wrote:[size=40]I've never thought Rey/Ben would be a slow burn. I don't mean to say they'll have our oft joked about trash sex scene under the waterfall the minute he arrives on Ahch-To, ha!, but their intensity level is so high I see a "sith, I was wrong about him!"/"sith, I was wrong about my life choices!" moment followed by some kind of obvious "these two want each other" gesture as a greater likelihood than anything slow. Kylo Ren is a passionate character - he does everything full force 110%.[/size]
@MeadowofAshes

I can see it on Kylo's side for sure, but the Role Model for Little Girls Everywhere!Rey? Not so sure.
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sun 23 Jul - 8:10

REYLO PRAYER CIRCLE @ SAN DIEGO COMICCON. I NEED MORE COSPLAYERS PICS
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty on Sun 23 Jul - 10:42

MeadowofAshes wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:

Exactly! Very Happy Wink
@tukicarreno

@IoJovi [size=40]I'm highly optimistic on this front anyway... but yes, the entirety of Finn/Rose screams "pay no attention to the other couple behind the curtain!" to me. So I do think Rian's quote was worded carefully. Why advertise Finn/Rose so heavily and in such obvious romantic situations (space horse, elevator, bickering, etc...) and keep everything about Rey and Ben under wraps? If Finn/Rose were the only romance, that is what would be kept under wraps, I think.[/size]

[size=40]I've never thought Rey/Ben would be a slow burn. I don't mean to say they'll have our oft joked about trash sex scene under the waterfall the minute he arrives on Ahch-To, ha!, but their intensity level is so high I see a "sith, I was wrong about him!"/"sith, I was wrong about my life choices!" moment followed by some kind of obvious "these two want each other" gesture as a greater likelihood than anything slow. Kylo Ren is a passionate character - he does everything full force 110%.[/size]
@MeadowofAshes

I'm not sure who said what...but I'm going for it anyway. Haha!
- I have had the same thought about the dual romances myself as well. There are a lot of potential meanings that can be drawn from what Rian said, mainly the "no one-to-one equivalent" bit.

- I'm surprised actually about any romance marketing, but the amount of Finn/Rose anything we're seeing certainly at this point is clearly supposed to spin something other than FinnRey.

- I was always torn about Reylo being a slow burn. On the one hand, you have two characters desperate for belonging and family, and love they were starved for as children. I can definitely see something happening in regards to pointing to "these two want each other". But it is probably going to be something visual, using camera angles, lighting and assorted other coded shooting methods and acting. On the other hand, there is still a HUGE amount of story left and we have a bunch of characters both new and old that are still being developed and explored. The new main character "Trio" is looking less like a trio and more like a quartet to me, i.e. Rey, Kylo, Finn, Poe. Even though if you'd asked me last year I'd have sworn up and down that Poe was a supporting character. Needless to say that may slow play things a bit because I think regardless of heightened chemistry between Rey and Ben/Kylo, no matter how many sparks fly, they are still going to need a fair amount of screen time together to get this ball properly rolling IMO.
Krafty
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Sun 23 Jul - 11:17

Krafty wrote:
MeadowofAshes wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
tukicarreno wrote:

Exactly! Very Happy Wink
@tukicarreno

@MeadowofAshes

I'm not sure who said what...but I'm going for it anyway. Haha!
- I have had the same thought about the dual romances myself as well. There are a lot of potential meanings that can be drwan fromm what Rian said, mainly the "no one-to-one equivalent" bit.

- I'm surprised actually about any romance marketing, but the amount of Finn/Rose anything we're seeing certainly at this point is clearly supposed to spin something other than FinnRey.

- I was always torn about Reylo being a slow burn. On the one hand, you have two characters desperate for belonging and family, and love they were starved for as children. I can definitely see something happening in regards to pointing to "these two want each other". But it is probably going to be something visual, using camera angles, lighting and assorted other coded shooting methods and acting. On the other hand, there is still a HUGE amount of story left and we have a bunch of characters both new and old that are still being developed and explored. The new main character "Trio" is looking less like a trio and more like a quartet to me, i.e. Rey, Kylo, Finn, Poe. Even though if you'd asked me last year I'd have sworn up and down that Poe was a supporting character. Needless to say that may slow play things a bit because I think regardless of heightened chemistry between Rey and Ben/Kylo, no matter how many sparks fly, they are still going to need a fair amount of screen time together to get this ball properly rolling IMO.
@Krafty

I'd say more like a quintet, even - Rey, Kylo, Finn, Rose, Poe. With Paige being in the film, no doubt Rose has some personal family drama in the film, even if it's "only" her sister dying and dealing with the aftermath of that. That's major in itself.

That's a lot of characters to follow, especially in a film that promises to delve especially into the backstory of a sixth character (i.e. Luke).

The LOTR films managed this, but they were really long films in comparison. I'd love for these films to be around three hours or plus each, but if they're around the same length as TFA and as fast-paced, I have no idea how they're going to pull it all off! Especially as there's going to be a lot of world-building and adventure and battles that are more impersonal: essential to making SW what it is, but not really focusing on the characters' inner lives.

I would guess Luke and Kylo's backstories are intertwined to the extent that by covering one character you also cover the other. And likewise, Rey's and Kylo's journeys will have to be intertwined, just like Finn and Rose's journeys will have to combine.

I mean, it's all very well to say that Rey and Kylo should have their own personal journeys and deal with their own demons in their good time before exploring that mysterious connection between them, but if you think of it purely in terms of time constraints, something's got to give.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 on Sun 23 Jul - 14:10

I would like to continue the discussion we had about the posters because I am realizing something. However, I am not sure at all about the impression I have so I would be interested in having your opinion about it.

There is something that is bothering me about this poster from the beginning but I am not sure sure at all whether it is relevant or not.When I gather all the elements that we've pointed out in this thread plus the way the poster are presented with nicknames for each character, am I the only one to get the impression to look at...

playing cards:?:  Question  Question  scratch
http://ew.com/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-teaser-posters/

There are several several things that we've pointed out + others elements that personally reminds me of a card game:
1) In both cases, characters are represented in strange stationary stances
2) In both cases, the lower bodies are sort of cut. There is no mirroring in TLJ poster like card games (it would have been too obvious anyway) but still the way the lower bodies are cut looks strange
3) In both cases, characters have specific nicknames: King, Queen, Jack, As, etc... vs. Warrior, Protegee, Lost, Big Deal, etc...
4) In both case, hearts are painted in the background (at least it seems that Kylo, Rey, Leia and Finn have hearts in their posters)
5) In both cases, characters hold a weapon or an object in their hand
6) In both cases, background are white/grey

Now, I really don't know whether it is intentional or not. I don't either whether it is supposed to convey some specific meaning. Still, there is one last thing I would like to point out without being sure whether I am right or not to go so far.

If we consider that some parallel with card game is intentional, I would like to focus on the specificity of Kylo Ren's poster. We've pointed out how Kylo Ren was portrayed differently and especially the fact that he is the only one represented from side and making no eye contact with the audience. It appears that the Jack is the playing card character supposed to appear from side and with no eye contact. The Jack is often portrayed as a young men representing a love interest. Plus it was pointed out that there was maybe a heart on Kylo's poster and we know that among the six posters Rian chose this one, even calling Kylo a sweetheart. So I am asking myself whether Kylo Ren is supposed to represent some  kind of Jack of Hearts or not Question

http://www.destinywitch.com/Pages/CartomancyCardMeanings.aspx

I am no expert in playing cards but it seems that the Jack of Heart conveys a very specific meaning in comparison to the other cards. It seems that it  represents the card of cupid associated with love but more important in regard to Kylo Ren as a character, it seems that the Jack of Heart is associated to the "Christi spirit of sacrificial love" Suspect

Maybe I am wrong to assuming this but IMO the characteristics if the Jack of Hearts seems to fit Kylo as a character, i.e.:
Jack of Hearts wrote:As one of the three fixed cards, the Jack of Hearts feels strongly about their version of love. They are surrounded by the Christ spirit of sacrifice through love. Even though they are a Jack, which are sometimes immature and crafty, they are influenced by the wisdom of the Christ spirit, which gives them higher guidance and higher motives in general. They must watch, however, that their martyrdom does not get out of hand. They can also become escapists and misguided, but this is the exception. Love is their power and birthright. They have come to love others and to show them the way by their example. They often make sacrifices in their life and their personal fulfilment may be given up for some higher cause or philosophy. As born leaders, they must be successful in their own profession. They all carry the spirit of higher love within them and all people they associate with are in some way uplifted by their presence. They find their greatest fulfilment on a spiritual path.
http://www.aquarianage.org/lore/cards/thedeck/11.html]
http://www.universal-tao-eproducts.com/mp/files/card_jack_hearts.pdf

I am not sure whether my impression is right or not about the parallel with playing card and whether it is supposed to convey some specific meaning. Plus, my analysis may be influenced by my own assumptions regarding Kylo's fate this idea that TLJ Ben/Kylo could end up as the sacrificed Son by the end of the movie.

reylo1992
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Sun 23 Jul - 14:36

Fascinating observation there.....and Rey is in the same position.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Sun 23 Jul - 15:18

reylo1992 wrote:I would like to continue the discussion we had about the posters because I am realizing something. However, I am not sure at all about the impression I have so I would be interested in having your opinion about it.

There is something that is bothering me about this poster from the beginning but I am not sure sure at all whether it is relevant or not.When I gather all the elements that we've pointed out in this thread plus the way the poster are presented with nicknames for each character, am I the only one to get the impression to look at...

playing cards:?:  Question  Question  scratch
http://ew.com/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-teaser-posters/

There are several several things that we've pointed out + others elements that personally reminds me of a card game:
1) In both cases, characters are represented in strange stationary stances
2) In both cases, the lower bodies are sort of cut. There is no mirroring in TLJ poster like card games (it would have been too obvious anyway) but still the way the lower bodies are cut looks strange
3) In both cases, characters have specific nicknames: King, Queen, Jack, As, etc... vs. Warrior, Protegee, Lost, Big Deal, etc...
4) In both case, hearts are painted in the background (at least it seems that Kylo, Rey, Leia and Finn have hearts in their posters)
5) In both cases, characters hold a weapon or an object in their hand
6) In both cases, background are white/grey

Now, I really don't know whether it is intentional or not. I don't either whether it is supposed to convey some specific meaning. Still, there is one last thing I would like to point out without being sure whether I am right or not to go so far.

If we consider that some parallel with card game is intentional, I would like to focus on the specificity of Kylo Ren's poster. We've pointed out how Kylo Ren was portrayed differently and especially the fact that he is the only one represented from side and making no eye contact with the audience. It appears that the Jack is the playing card character supposed to appear from side and with no eye contact. The Jack is often portrayed as a young men representing a love interest. Plus it was pointed out that there was maybe a heart on Kylo's poster and we know that among the six posters Rian chose this one, even calling Kylo a sweetheart. So I am asking myself whether Kylo Ren is supposed to represent some  kind of Jack of Hearts or not Question

http://www.destinywitch.com/Pages/CartomancyCardMeanings.aspx

I am no expert in playing cards but it seems that the Jack of Heart conveys a very specific meaning in comparison to the other cards. It seems that it  represents the card of cupid associated with love but more important in regard to Kylo Ren as a character, it seems that the Jack of Heart is associated to the "Christi spirit of sacrificial love" Suspect

Maybe I am wrong to assuming this but IMO the characteristics if the Jack of Hearts seems to fit Kylo as a character, i.e.:
Jack of Hearts wrote:As one of the three fixed cards, the Jack of Hearts feels strongly about their version of love. They are surrounded by the Christ spirit of sacrifice through love. Even though they are a Jack, which are sometimes immature and crafty, they are influenced by the wisdom of the Christ spirit, which gives them higher guidance and higher motives in general. They must watch, however, that their martyrdom does not get out of hand. They can also become escapists and misguided, but this is the exception. Love is their power and birthright. They have come to love others and to show them the way by their example. They often make sacrifices in their life and their personal fulfilment may be given up for some higher cause or philosophy. As born leaders, they must be successful in their own profession. They all carry the spirit of higher love within them and all people they associate with are in some way uplifted by their presence. They find their greatest fulfilment on a spiritual path.
http://www.aquarianage.org/lore/cards/thedeck/11.html]
http://www.universal-tao-eproducts.com/mp/files/card_jack_hearts.pdf

I am not sure whether my impression is right or not about the parallel with playing card and whether it is supposed to convey some specific meaning. Plus, my analysis may be influenced by my own assumptions regarding Kylo's fate this idea that TLJ Ben/Kylo could end up as the sacrificed Son by the end of the movie.
@reylo1992

You really nailed it with the card parallel. Even if just for the aesthetics it does bring in some meaning and characters being played with.
SkyStar
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Sun 23 Jul - 18:33

I don´t know but I always go back to the teaser poster for reassurance.
There is a reason Kylo is one of the top 3 in this film. It is obvious Kylo´s and Rey´s connection will definitely be very important and featured greatly in the film along side Luke of course. I am sure we will enjoy some great Reylo scenes. Just image the UST between them already!... Very Happy bounce H-beating

tukicarreno
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sun 23 Jul - 19:40

While I don't think it was a deliberate parallel, Kylo is very similar to the Knave of Hearts from Alice.

The angsty knight with flowing black hair, a sexy scar, a cape and a dark armor is what they were aiming for.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Tue 25 Jul - 12:23

IoJovi wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Interesting that they're present on Finn who's getting a love interest in Rose, Leia,who had Han....but not present on Poe or Luke however.

The plot thickens...........
@motherofpearl1

We don't know that.
@DarthRen

I thought John had mentioned it?
@motherofpearl1

We've been hit over the head with it. It's not exactly a secret when they play Across the Stars every time John and Kelly are presented together.
@IoJovi

They did it once at Star Wars Celebration for Rose as Kelly Marie Tran when she came on the stage.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 25 Jul - 13:20

DarthRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:Interesting that they're present on Finn who's getting a love interest in Rose, Leia,who had Han....but not present on Poe or Luke however.

@motherofpearl1

We don't know that.
@DarthRen

@motherofpearl1

We've been hit over the head with it.  It's not exactly a secret when they play Across the Stars every time John and Kelly are presented together.
@IoJovi

They did it once at Star Wars Celebration for Rose as Kelly Marie Tran when she came on the stage.
@DarthRen

They also did it once again at D23 last weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Wed 26 Jul - 14:31

IoJovi wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@motherofpearl1

We don't know that.
@DarthRen

@motherofpearl1

We've been hit over the head with it.  It's not exactly a secret when they play Across the Stars every time John and Kelly are presented together.
@IoJovi

@DarthRen

@IoJovi

For Kelly but not for John or?
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 26 Jul - 14:49

DarthRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
motherofpearl1 wrote:
DarthRen wrote:

@motherofpearl1

We don't know that.
@DarthRen

@motherofpearl1

@IoJovi

@DarthRen

@IoJovi

For Kelly but not for John or?
@DarthRen

When you have two people riding on what is the equivalent of a spacehorse (a trope associated with romance), Kelly wearing a Finn t-shirt to public events on more than one occasion, interviews (I forget who, but someone jump in and clarify please) that state they fear Kelly receiving hate from shippers (likely from fans of FinnRey and StormPilot), John and Kelly being interviewed together on multiple occasions AND being introduced with Across the Stars playing in the background, it's not exactly subtle.  It's more like a hammer.

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Wed 26 Jul - 15:41

undefined
@IoJovi

Kind of lost here, which transcription are you talking about exactly?

tukicarreno
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Wed 26 Jul - 15:42

tukicarreno wrote:undefined
@IoJovi

Kind of lost here, which transcription are you talking about exactly?
@tukicarreno

My bad, my last was in the wrong topic.  It meant to go into podcasts.  I deleted it and posted it there.  Sorry!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine on Thu 27 Jul - 11:53

http://screenrant.com/kylo-ren-redeemed-light-star-wars-last-jedi/

Well this is a breath of fresh air from Screenrant. 

It's been a long time coming, I think, to read a nicely versed article that doesn't seem misinformed or biased. 

Though there's nothing in there that we haven't discussed before in regards to Kylo's redemption and what the sizzle reel showed up, but I guess I'm glad people are catching on now as to the tragectory of his character arc. The more people who believe he can turn against Snoke and ally with Rey, the better and easier it will be for people to accept the possiblity of Reylo.
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 38 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum