ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 24 Apr - 21:27

An interview with Rian if it wasn't posted yet.

avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3807
Likes : 17755
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Helix on Mon 24 Apr - 21:34

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/67527c/spoiler_dump_act_i/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=starwarsspeculation

It's still there, some of the links just don't work. Real or not, I find them an entertaining time-waster. Razz
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2458
Likes : 10205
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 24 Apr - 21:48

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Darth_Awakened wrote:The toys start to appear. MSW just retweeted this

@Darth_Awakened

I remember in one of their early spoilers about the planet Crait, they described lava seeping through the rocks. I wonder if they mistook whatever red mineral dust that's being kicked up for lava. i.e. In that toy, the red dust could certainly look like lava.
@ISeeAnIsland

It looks like lava, I agree, but I'am not sure if anyone can make dust of bricks that looks like literal dust.  LOL
Also if I understood the linked article correctly it's in French, (and we need @SanghaRen ASAP to correct me if I'am wrong.), the guy who made the toy did it directly with the skimmer from the trailer as a model. Furthermore it seems it's not a regular toys - more like a prototype model if I got everything correctly from the article.

http://www.hellobricks.com/2017/04/star-wars-the-last-jedi-moc-last-skimmer/

Et moins de six secondes un peu floues de ce trailer auront suffi à Grant Davis pour capturer cette très belle scène où les speeders laissent une traînée de poussière rouge sur la planète Crait,

Poussiere rouge = red dust

@Darth_Awakened

It's a guy who made it himself. He re-created the scene where the speeders leave a trail of red dust with lego bricks. No idea where he got the different parts - he probably has various lego sets - but it's not an official toy, just his own creation based on the trailer. Which is admirable.
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1428
Likes : 7189
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by SanghaRen on Mon 24 Apr - 21:55

@Helix wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/67527c/spoiler_dump_act_i/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=starwarsspeculation

It's still there, some of the links just don't work. Real or not, I find them an entertaining time-waster. Razz
@Helix

I like the idea of Leia being captured though. Can't see Kylo being too happy about that. Gotta admit that based on information we got, it's quite easy to create such a scenario, but hey, who knows. So next act is tomorrow.
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1428
Likes : 7189
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by WhatGirl on Mon 24 Apr - 22:10

I personally think those spoilers are fake. But... Leia has seen the map and knows where Luke is. Taking the information out of her mind could be one way for Kylo to find the location of Ahch-To, so he can take off after Luke and Rey directly after.
avatar
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1316
Likes : 12347
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 24 Apr - 22:18

@WhatGirl wrote:I personally think those spoilers are fake. But... Leia has seen the map and knows where Luke is. Taking the information out of her mind could be one way for Kylo to find the location of Ahch-To, so he can take off after Luke and Rey directly after.
@WhatGirl

To be fair, though, a lot of people with the Resistance have seen that map now. They could capture anyone who was in that room during TFA, and Kylo could get the map from them.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4704
Likes : 24734
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by ReyofLightSide on Mon 24 Apr - 22:19

@WhatGirl wrote:I personally think those spoilers are fake. But... Leia has seen the map and knows where Luke is. Taking the information out of her mind could be one way for Kylo to find the location of Ahch-To, so he can take off after Luke and Rey directly after.
@WhatGirl

Yes and that works with him smashing the helmet after. But I don't buy there not being any Kylo in Act 1.
avatar
ReyofLightSide
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 901
Likes : 4907
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-30
Localisation : US

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 24 Apr - 22:20

@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:I personally think those spoilers are fake. But... Leia has seen the map and knows where Luke is. Taking the information out of her mind could be one way for Kylo to find the location of Ahch-To, so he can take off after Luke and Rey directly after.
@WhatGirl

Yes and that works with him smashing the helmet after. But I don't buy there not being any Kylo in Act 1.
@ReyofLightSide

Nope, I don't buy it for one second. Not with Finn's intro being him taken out of the Super Bacta! suit, and it sounds like there's going to be a parallel scene with Kylo receiving medical treatment. I consider MSW to be more reliable than Random Reddit Dude.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4704
Likes : 24734
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by WhatGirl on Mon 24 Apr - 22:30

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:I personally think those spoilers are fake. But... Leia has seen the map and knows where Luke is. Taking the information out of her mind could be one way for Kylo to find the location of Ahch-To, so he can take off after Luke and Rey directly after.
@WhatGirl

To be fair, though, a lot of people with the Resistance have seen that map now. They could capture anyone who was in that room during TFA, and Kylo could get the map from them.
@ISeeAnIsland

I would much rather Kylo find Ahch-To through his bond/mind-link with Rey. To me it makes the most sense as he's literally already seen the island (your namesake Razz) in her head. And I believe they will be communicating/having visions of one another via this bond before they meet in person again. Whomever came up with the "leak" did not seem to have anything on Kylo and Rey's connection at all which makes me think it is someone trying to piece together existent spoilers and adding his own context. There are all sorts of problems with it; for one thing, it would be strange and a bit nonsensical to have no Kylo at all in the first act, as others have mentioned.
avatar
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1316
Likes : 12347
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Helix on Mon 24 Apr - 22:41

Would be weird, Kylo was one of the first characters we saw in TFA. Weren't there rumors of a 'bad guy meeting' near the beginning?
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2458
Likes : 10205
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 24 Apr - 22:44

@WhatGirl wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:I personally think those spoilers are fake. But... Leia has seen the map and knows where Luke is. Taking the information out of her mind could be one way for Kylo to find the location of Ahch-To, so he can take off after Luke and Rey directly after.
@WhatGirl

To be fair, though, a lot of people with the Resistance have seen that map now. They could capture anyone who was in that room during TFA, and Kylo could get the map from them.
@ISeeAnIsland

I would much rather Kylo find Ahch-To through his bond/mind-link with Rey. To me it makes the most sense as he's literally already seen the island (your namesake Razz) in her head. And I believe they will be communicating/having visions of one another via this bond before they meet in person again. Whomever came up with the "leak" did not seem to have anything on Kylo and Rey's connection at all which makes me think it is someone trying to piece together existent spoilers and adding his own context. There are all sorts of problems with it; for one thing, it would be strange and a bit nonsensical to have no Kylo at all in the first act, as others have mentioned.
@WhatGirl

Well, yeah, I think that's what we'd all prefer. Razz Or my pet theory that perhaps Kylo pulled it out of Rey's head while they were "finding the Force or whatever" and she was downloading his lightsaber moves.

But I'm trying to stay grounded, and whenever I get too excited about a Force connection, my husband likes to point out that half the Resistance seems to have seen that map at this point.
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4704
Likes : 24734
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by WhatGirl on Mon 24 Apr - 23:05

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Well, yeah, I think that's what we'd all prefer. Razz Or my pet theory that perhaps Kylo pulled it out of Rey's head while they were "finding the Force or whatever" and she was downloading his lightsaber moves.

But I'm trying to stay grounded, and whenever I get too excited about a Force connection, my husband likes to point out that half the Resistance seems to have seen that map at this point.
@ISeeAnIsland

Well, I'm very optimistic. Smile I think their Force connection is going to play a major role very early on in TLJ. The SW databank confirms its existence at least twice... which makes me feel that it will be central to the plot throughout the trilogy. Nothing wrong with being excited about that IMO - unlike many of the theories out there, this one has been validated by official sources.

Let's say Kylo starts having emotionally intense Force visions about Rey and the island, and this is what ultimately leads him to her. Much more compelling, dramatic and personal than simply taking the information from a random Resistance fighter, and fits well with all of the foreshadowing about Kylo and Rey's connection and shared destinies.
avatar
WhatGirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1316
Likes : 12347
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 24 Apr - 23:16

Kylo captured Rey in a pivotal, plot-defining scene and unmasked for the first time in front of her. It only makes sense that he gets the map from this interaction, or else there's literally no point in making the two of them meet this way.

They spent an unusual amount of time focusing on the two of them pushing into each others' minds with the sound of a heartbeat being the only audio.

From a story-telling perspective you don't do this between two characters just so character A escapes with a story to tell and character B gets the info he wants two days later from some shmoob.

He either gets it from her mind through a Force link, or he already got it from her on the cliff.
avatar
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1813
Likes : 16145
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 25 Apr - 1:13

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@ReyofLightSide wrote:
@WhatGirl wrote:I personally think those spoilers are fake. But... Leia has seen the map and knows where Luke is. Taking the information out of her mind could be one way for Kylo to find the location of Ahch-To, so he can take off after Luke and Rey directly after.
@WhatGirl

Yes and that works with him smashing the helmet after. But I don't buy there not being any Kylo in Act 1.
@ReyofLightSide

Nope, I don't buy it for one second. Not with Finn's intro being him taken out of the Super Bacta! suit, and it sounds like there's going to be a parallel scene with Kylo receiving medical treatment. I consider MSW to be more reliable than Random Reddit Dude.
@ISeeAnIsland

Right. And there are a couple of other things that are making me doubt this.

First, if you look through the answers of the spoiler poster, I am pretty sure that he says that Luke is not crazy at all because the birds really are beings talking to him, to which someone responded something like, "Okay good, so then Luke can be bada**!"

We know a few things for sure.

1. Rey is going to be disappointed in Luke with all the talk of disenchantment when you finally meet your heroes.
2. Mark flat out said he fundamentally disagreed with everything Rian was doing with the character. Earlier on Mark had said he had wanted Luke to catch the lightsaber at SKB, but JJ said no. Catching the lightsaber would fall into "bada**" IMO. Luke acting like the new Yoda (acting crazy but really as sharp as a tack) would be bada** too. IOW, I don’t think Mark would fundamentally disagree with the whole thing if Luke had bada** moments like that.
3. We have the poster and Luke looks sinister while Kylo looks like his very sad, very young subordinate.  Further, Rey is shown as being the one who makes the impact on them as she pierces the red morass with her purple light, not the other way around. And speaking of red, Luke's in all red on the poster.  Red ain't the hero's color in this game.

This all points to Luke having serious problems, not Luke being so wise that he has the inside track with the convorees or whatever.

Next, where are all those Leia/Poe/Finn pictures on the ship coming from? I guess that you could say it's after the Kylo interrogation of Leia, but if Kylo is so close to his mother, is he just going to leave her to rot in Snoke's care, leave her to have Finn or Poe wasting all kinds of precious screen time on the mundane task of rescuing her when he apparently has biohexacrypt stuff to do, lol? Also, what would that say about Kylo? He's supposed to be redeemed and he's leaving his mother with Snoke? For as much as I want the Kylo/Leia scene, I don't think that this is it.

Next I think that there will be more build up on Rose than Poe randomly grabbing her as she panicks in a hallway or whatever. I mean I guess it's possible, but I really do think that there will be parallel medical scenes with Kylo too. I mean remember all the masked and unmasking moments they did for the big 3 in TFA. Remember how Padme had the cutesy maternity droid and Vader had the evil medical droid.  They like that kind of thing in SW. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some parallels made between Kylo smashing his mask and Finn wearing the clothes of an FO officer.

Also, where are the references to the ancient books and to the flashback at Luke's temple? Who knows? Maybe it comes tomorrow, but for right now I'm doubtful.
avatar
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3698
Likes : 16621
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by ZioRen on Tue 25 Apr - 7:23

Well we'd better hope that guy's leak is fake because he also claimed that he doesn't think Kylo is getting a redemption arc.

avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1180
Likes : 7428
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by SanghaRen on Tue 25 Apr - 7:35

I don't believe this leak neither. Just taking ideas out of it that I might have not considered myself before.

I believe in the Force connection too. It's in TFA. They are both in each other's mind. The SW database confirms their surprise at that. Pablo implied she got the mind control trick from Kylo. If that is not developed in TLJ, then I'll be a bit annoyed and would ask LF to explain what it was all about because it's very much in your face in TFA and I was actually surprised people don't see it. I don't expect a Force bond, but these 2 have a connection through the Force.
avatar
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1428
Likes : 7189
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28
Localisation : French living in Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by FrolickingFizzgig on Tue 25 Apr - 7:55

Extremely predictable "post Celebration leak" with new info tacked on, no truth in it whatsoever. These kind of leaks were bound to show up, ones that mix new confirmed information like the broken helmet and Luke taking the saber from Rey with old MSW leaks in an attempt to seem more believable. But as always with fake leaks, nothing fits, it's laughably convenient in timing and it feels totally wrong in tone, characterization and pacing. Rinse-repeat.
avatar
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3092
Likes : 27531
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 23
Localisation : Canada

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by MoonFyre on Tue 25 Apr - 9:44

Funny that the reddit folks knew it was fake, but some of them don't care because they like it.

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Extremely predictable "post Celebration leak" with new info tacked on, no truth in it whatsoever. These kind of leaks were bound to show up, ones that mix new confirmed information like the broken helmet and Luke taking the saber from Rey with old MSW leaks in an attempt to seem more believable. But as always with fake leaks, nothing fits, it's laughably convenient in timing and it feels totally wrong in tone, characterization and pacing. Rinse-repeat.
@FrolickingFizzgig


This is also what happened in the GOT fandom last year. Season 7 Leaks galore from all different ‘mysterious’ sources, the leakers made sure to add the stuff from the official news such as locations and actors in order to have enough ‘credibility’, and insert their own fanfic ideas. To get the attention of both skeptical and eager fans, you also give them some stuff they wanted to hear. And there you have it.
avatar
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 224
Likes : 2133
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 25 Apr - 10:09

@MoonFyre wrote:Funny that the reddit folks knew it was fake, but some of them don't care because they like it.

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Extremely predictable "post Celebration leak" with new info tacked on, no truth in it whatsoever. These kind of leaks were bound to show up, ones that mix new confirmed information like the broken helmet and Luke taking the saber from Rey with old MSW leaks in an attempt to seem more believable. But as always with fake leaks, nothing fits, it's laughably convenient in timing and it feels totally wrong in tone, characterization and pacing. Rinse-repeat.
@FrolickingFizzgig


This is also what happened in the GOT fandom last year. Season 7 Leaks galore from all different ‘mysterious’ sources, the leakers made sure to add the stuff from the official news such as locations and actors in order to have enough ‘credibility’, and insert their own fanfic ideas. To get the attention of both skeptical and eager fans, you also give them some stuff they wanted to hear. And there you have it.
@MoonFyre

Yep. However it's much easier to detect a fake leak in SW given the simplicity of the story and the number of characters.
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3807
Likes : 17755
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by MoonFyre on Tue 25 Apr - 10:27

@Darth_Awakened wrote:
@MoonFyre wrote:Funny that the reddit folks knew it was fake, but some of them don't care because they like it.

@FrolickingFizzgig wrote:Extremely predictable "post Celebration leak" with new info tacked on, no truth in it whatsoever. These kind of leaks were bound to show up, ones that mix new confirmed information like the broken helmet and Luke taking the saber from Rey with old MSW leaks in an attempt to seem more believable. But as always with fake leaks, nothing fits, it's laughably convenient in timing and it feels totally wrong in tone, characterization and pacing. Rinse-repeat.
@FrolickingFizzgig


This is also what happened in the GOT fandom last year. Season 7 Leaks galore from all different ‘mysterious’ sources, the leakers made sure to add the stuff from the official news such as locations and actors in order to have enough ‘credibility’, and insert their own fanfic ideas. To get the attention of both skeptical and eager fans, you also give them some stuff they wanted to hear. And there you have it.
@MoonFyre

Yep. However it's much easier to detect a fake leak in SW given the simplicity of the story and the number of characters.
@Darth_Awakened

Fortunately. Takes only a while to detect the fakeness of leaks in SW while in other fandoms such as GOT, you have days/weeks to argue whether they're real or not. It was pure chaos lol. Thank goodness it's not the same in SW given how tense the waiting already has been.
avatar
MoonFyre
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 224
Likes : 2133
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 25 Apr - 11:52

@ZioRen wrote:Well we'd better hope that guy's leak is fake because he also claimed that he doesn't think Kylo is getting a redemption arc.

@ZioRen

I hope it's fake. Very underwhelming in the Kylo department Neutral
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1025
Likes : 4660
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 25 Apr - 12:30

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:Well we'd better hope that guy's leak is fake because he also claimed that he doesn't think Kylo is getting a redemption arc.

@ZioRen

I hope it's fake. Very underwhelming in the Kylo department Neutral
@Cowgirlsamurai

If Kylo isn't indicated for redemption, it's just plain fake. Have faith in the writers' knowledge of literary elements.
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1560
Likes : 8727
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 25 Apr - 16:37

Current mood towards spoilers;

avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1026
Likes : 5870
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by EchoBase on Tue 25 Apr - 18:23

avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2508
Likes : 10193
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Irina de France on Tue 25 Apr - 18:24

@EchoBase

I was pretty sure they'd move it to December considering Carrie's passing. Does that mean the filming will start this summer as rumors had it?

That would be weird. Episode IX would start filming while TLJ wouldn't even be out.

_________________

The stars wouldn't shine so bright without a little darkness.
GIF source: [X]


Bonjour ma cousine,
Bonjour mon cousin germain,
On m'a dit que vous m'aimiez,
Est-ce bien la vérité?
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Je n'm'en soucie guère,
Passez par ici et vous par là,
Bonjour ma cousine et puis voilà!


Avatar source: [X]
avatar
Irina de France
Moderator

Messages : 1426
Likes : 7220
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-22
Age : 22
Localisation : Ottawa, Canada

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum