ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by EchoBase on Tue 25 Apr - 18:27

@Irina de France wrote:
@EchoBase

I was pretty sure they'd move it to December considering Carrie's passing. Does that mean the filming will start this summer as rumors had it?

That would be weird. Episode IX would start filming while TLJ wouldn't even be out.
@Irina de France

Think so. I even read somewhere that they will have the table read this or next week. So, if everything's going as planned, the changes on the script couldn't be that huge?
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 25 Apr - 18:30

Release dates for the OT were always early Summer, it's Disney who pushed TFA and TLJ to Christmas release dates instead.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 25 Apr - 18:43

I'm stuggling to see how they could start filming Ep IX soon when all of the main cast are tied up with other projects. John Boyega is in rehearsals at The Old Vic for Woyzeck, Adam Driver is currently filming The Man Who Killed Don Quixote and is scheduled to start filming Annette straight after. Oscar Isaac has got at least two projects scheduled for filming. I'm not sure about Daisy Ridley but she has signed on for a few movies that are probably due to start shooting soon. I know it's not unheard of for actors to work on more than one project at a time but not to this extent!

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 25 Apr - 18:48

I'm very certain that IX will be pushed back to December. I'm not buying it coming out in May 2019, especially when they've talked about having to rewrite some things.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 25 Apr - 19:21

@Irina de France wrote:
@EchoBase

I was pretty sure they'd move it to December considering Carrie's passing. Does that mean the filming will start this summer as rumors had it?

That would be weird. Episode IX would start filming while TLJ wouldn't even be out.
@Irina de France

It's certainly not unheard of, especially with trilogies. If I recall correctly, Peter Jackson filmed all three chapters of the LoTR at the same time. Back to the Future 2 & 3 filmed back-to-back, too.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 25 Apr - 19:23

Oh wait, what if it's one of those moves where it gets split into two parts?
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Tue 25 Apr - 19:24

I'm also suprised they've set Episode IX's release for May '19. I thought they wanted to corner the holiday movie market and establish a precedent for releasing SW movies in December. Of course they might be worried about the added competition and big movie saturation from other movies like Avatar, but who knows.

I suppose they'll start shooting Episode IX soon if it's coming out only a year and a half after TLJ. Also, doesnt the Han Solo movie come out in Dec. '18? Thats five months before Episode's IX's release (someone may have already mentioned that, but it's difficult for me to scroll back on this phone).

I wonder how many changes they made to the story due to Carrie's passing. It seems like it didn't take them very much time if they're moving the release up.

I still think there's a chance Episode IX gets bumped to Dec '19.
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Tue 25 Apr - 19:27

@snufkin wrote:Oh wait, what if it's one of those moves where it gets split into two parts?
@snufkin

I don't think so because they keep referring to it as a trilogy. I wouldn't be suprised if they considered it at some point, though...
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 25 Apr - 19:41

@Kessel wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Oh wait, what if it's one of those moves where it gets split into two parts?
@snufkin

I don't think so because they keep referring to it as a trilogy. I wouldn't be suprised if they considered it at some point, though...
@Kessel

Right. Plus, if they were going to split it, I think that decision (and announcement) would have been made by now.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Tue 25 Apr - 20:00

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Kessel wrote:
@snufkin

@Kessel

Right. Plus, if they were going to split it, I think that decision (and announcement) would have been made by now.
@ISeeAnIsland

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Kessel wrote:
@snufkin

@Kessel

@ISeeAnIsland

Everything gets split these days, so it wouldn't have surprised me if they went that route. But you're right that they probably would've made the announcement with the release. And there was a comment about how management knows that they can't milk the Star Wars cash cow too much, especially for trilogies, so the movies will get a hiatus. The collateral releases and theme park may be the bulk of what's out there for the immediate years after 2019.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by panki on Tue 25 Apr - 20:31

@Kessel wrote:I'm also suprised they've set Episode IX's release for May '19. I thought they wanted to corner the holiday movie market and establish a precedent for releasing SW movies in December. Of course they might be worried about the added competition and big movie saturation from other movies like Avatar, but who knows.

I suppose they'll start shooting Episode IX soon if it's coming out only a year and a half after TLJ. Also, doesnt the Han Solo movie come out in Dec. '18? Thats five months before Episode's IX's release (someone may have already mentioned that, but it's difficult for me to scroll back on this phone).

I wonder how many changes they made to the story due to Carrie's passing. It seems like it didn't take them very much time if they're moving the release up.

I still think there's a chance Episode IX gets bumped to Dec '19.
@Kessel

I wonder if they want to be done with the trilogy movies  by 2019 while people are still excited by them so they later can focus on standalone movies to bolster the trilogy movies, promoting Star Wars land (with its own Prince and Princess) as well as introducing both animated and live action TV shows.

Then probably sometime in 2025, they'll re-visit the trilogy movies, either continuing with episode X or starting a whole new set of trilogy movies based on another family. It would give them a few years to work out which direction to take.

We are the spark, that’ll light the fire, that’ll burn the First Order down.
panki

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 25 Apr - 20:42

Act II "spoiler dump" is up from the guy from the other day. Are we ready to start filing these under the "crack" spoiler thread yet? Laughing

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/67j5w4/spoiler_dump_act_ii/

Act II

As it begins to rain on Ahch-to, Rey prepares to face her test. Luke has instructed her to journey to the far side of the island. Luke gives her parting wisdom while talking to the birds in between. Before she departs, she smiles at Chewbacca playing with the birds.

Finn is being put through physical tests. He remarks that he feels stronger and faster than he did before his fight with Ren. Holdo and Poe have a discussion on his chances of being recognized. Poe still isn't a hundred percent on board with sending Finn on this mission. He wants to go. Holdo argues with him about his importance to the overall Resistance. Poe insists Finn not go on the mission alone and Holdo suggests he take Rose, who has clearly taken a liking to Finn. Holdo tells Poe they've got more pressing matters, she has a fleet of cruisers but the Resistance is currently low on one man fighters.

Kylo Ren marches down a hallway. All we see are his boots and cape. A cell door opens and he finds himself face to face with his mother. His helmet is on. He starts off by addressing her as "General". Leia is saddened by this. She calls him Ben and he tells her not to. He begs her to tell him where Luke is. She won't. He tries to extract it from her mind as tears roll down her face. He can't do it. He leaves the cell and tells Hux this one will take time. Kylo returns to a room brilliantly white with a chrome wall and removes his helmet. A human like droid administers treatment before he is submerged in bacta.

Rey comes to a clearing where the rocky cliffs make a horse shoe around her. The rain has lightened up. She sits and waits for something to happen. This is where Luke told her to go. One of the birds lands by her. It seems oddly friendly. Rey is amused and reaches out to touch it but the bird flies off. The ocean below her begins to stir. Rey stands up hurriedly. Lightning strikes the sea and a beast rises out of the waves. Rey frantically looks for a weapon but can find nothing. The beast roars and tries to strike her but misses. Rey is evading the beast but something has caught its attention. A nest of three baby birds have started crying and the beast has moved his attention towards them. Rey initially starts to run away but turns back and attempts to save the baby birds. As she carries them in her arms she braces for the beast to bite but the beast is suspended. Rey has stopped it with an outstretched hand. Though somewhat surprised at first, Rey pushes the beast off the cliff onto the rocky serfs below. She returns to Luke with the baby birds in hand. Luke tells her her training will begin in the morning.

Kylo Ren marches down a hallway. This time we see him from behind. The cell again opens. Leia is less saddened this time and more resolved. She wants to talk about Han. Kylo has none of it. He again tries to extract the map from Leia but can not. He enters Snoke's chambers and asks for guidance. Snoke places a hand on Kylo Ren's shoulder and tells him Leia can resist his power because she's not seeing her son. Her son would break her. Kylo Ren will not.

Poe bids Finn and Rose fairwell and tells Finn that BB8 insisted he come along. They board a small shuttle and travel to Canto Bight. Upon arrival they are greeted warmly as their aliases have passed. An official welcomes them to Canto Bight and tells them they've been expected. Finn, Rose, and BB8 are taken to a dining hall where a man stands up and welcomes them, saying his name is Gannis Ducain.

Luke consults the ghost of Yoda in secrecy. Yoda assures him he'll be right there along the way to help him train this girl. Luke speaks to Rey about the force and tells her every time she's used it so far it's been for violence, but the force is most at its balance when there is peace. He teaches her to control her force impulses, to use the force in a more gentle way.

Gannis dismisses his guards and immediately tells Finn he's the mole and the coordinates to Snoke's location, and tells the trio he's reported them as Resistance spies and to run now. Finn has the idea to steal an animal from one of the circus attractions and they ride it down to the sea, where they steal a boat to get back to their shuttle while being pursued by CBPD (Canto Bight Police Department)(yes that's a joke. Security chases them)

Kylo Ren enters the chamber again. Leia lashes out at him verbally. She demeans him, calls him a coward, and tells him her son died a long time ago. Kylo tries but fails to extract the map from his mother yet again. She once again calls him a coward for having to hide behind a mask to speak with her. He leaves the room. He removes his mask and destroys it. Hux is present and tells Kylo he can hand over interrogation to someone else. Kylo re-enters the chamber. Leia is in awe but heartbroken to see her son again. Kylo coldly extracts the map from her.

Hux is waiting for Ren. Ren tells Hux to assemble his Knights.

ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 25 Apr - 20:54

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Act II "spoiler dump" is up from the guy from the other day. Are we ready to start filing these under the "crack" spoiler thread yet? Laughing
@ISeeAnIsland

Absolutely. At least "Act I" had more fantasy than this. Rolling Eyes
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 25 Apr - 21:00

@Rimfaxe96 wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Act II "spoiler dump" is up from the guy from the other day. Are we ready to start filing these under the "crack" spoiler thread yet? Laughing
@ISeeAnIsland

Absolutely. At least "Act I" had more fantasy than this. Rolling Eyes
@Rimfaxe96

Somehow I read this somewhere, some weeks ago, I am certain the part about Leia and Kylo is not really new, seems like it was adjusted with new spoiler and bits and prices from the trailer. So, yeah crack spoiler it is.
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar on Tue 25 Apr - 21:02

It seems that these "leakers" don't know what to do with Kylo. Either he is a one-dimensional background baddie being all evil and defeated Professor Fate style. Or they make him pull 2.0 Han with his mother or Luke. Aka using their emotions to crush his family.

Show them, Rian, show them the power of a good writing!

SkyStar

http://vienradzis.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Tue 25 Apr - 21:02

Sounds like kylo marches around his space station the whole movie....

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Tue 25 Apr - 21:06

@SkyStar wrote:It seems that these "leakers" don't know what to do with Kylo. Either he is a one-dimensional background baddie being all evil and defeated Professor Fate style. Or they make him pull 2.0 Han with his mother or Luke. Aka using their emotions to crush his family.

@SkyStar

(Minor off-topic incoming!)

Speaking of good writing - Ian Doescher, author of the Shakespeare's version books of the Star Wars movies just released this on his Facebook page:

I own the other 6 and can only recommend them to anyone - and I can't wait for possible reylo clues in this new chapter! (release due in October) Love
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 25 Apr - 21:07

@SkyStar wrote:It seems that these "leakers" don't know what to do with Kylo. Either he is a one-dimensional background baddie being all evil and defeated Professor Fate style. Or they make him pull 2.0 Han with his mother or Luke. Aka using their emotions to crush his family.

@SkyStar

What? You're not impressed that by 2/3 of the way through the movie, the only things that Kylo Ren has done have been to 1. March down a hallway 2. Try and fail to interrogate his mother 3. Get scolded by Snoke and smash his mask and 4. Successfully interrogate his mother.

Also, no mention of Rose, other than that she's along for the ride with Finn.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Tue 25 Apr - 21:11

Please, someone post a reyloesque leak on Reddit and someone else keeps commenting "it's legit" just to mess with their heads Razz.
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Tue 25 Apr - 21:11

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/67j5w4/spoiler_dump_act_ii/

Act II

As it begins to rain on Ahch-to, Rey prepares to face her test. Luke has instructed her to journey to the far side of the island. Luke gives her parting wisdom while talking to the birds in between. Before she departs, she smiles at Chewbacca playing with the birds.

Finn is being put through physical tests. He remarks that he feels stronger and faster than he did before his fight with Ren. Holdo and Poe have a discussion on his chances of being recognized. Poe still isn't a hundred percent on board with sending Finn on this mission. He wants to go. Holdo argues with him about his importance to the overall Resistance. Poe insists Finn not go on the mission alone and Holdo suggests he take Rose, who has clearly taken a liking to Finn. Holdo tells Poe they've got more pressing matters, she has a fleet of cruisers but the Resistance is currently low on one man fighters.

Kylo Ren marches down a hallway. All we see are his boots and cape. A cell door opens and he finds himself face to face with his mother. His helmet is on. He starts off by addressing her as "General". Leia is saddened by this. She calls him Ben and he tells her not to. He begs her to tell him where Luke is. She won't. He tries to extract it from her mind as tears roll down her face. He can't do it. He leaves the cell and tells Hux this one will take time. Kylo returns to a room brilliantly white with a chrome wall and removes his helmet. A human like droid administers treatment before he is submerged in bacta.

Rey comes to a clearing where the rocky cliffs make a horse shoe around her. The rain has lightened up. She sits and waits for something to happen. This is where Luke told her to go. One of the birds lands by her. It seems oddly friendly. Rey is amused and reaches out to touch it but the bird flies off. The ocean below her begins to stir. Rey stands up hurriedly. Lightning strikes the sea and a beast rises out of the waves. Rey frantically looks for a weapon but can find nothing. The beast roars and tries to strike her but misses. Rey is evading the beast but something has caught its attention. A nest of three baby birds have started crying and the beast has moved his attention towards them. Rey initially starts to run away but turns back and attempts to save the baby birds. As she carries them in her arms she braces for the beast to bite but the beast is suspended. Rey has stopped it with an outstretched hand. Though somewhat surprised at first, Rey pushes the beast off the cliff onto the rocky serfs below. She returns to Luke with the baby birds in hand. Luke tells her her training will begin in the morning.

Kylo Ren marches down a hallway. This time we see him from behind. The cell again opens. Leia is less saddened this time and more resolved. She wants to talk about Han. Kylo has none of it. He again tries to extract the map from Leia but can not. He enters Snoke's chambers and asks for guidance. Snoke places a hand on Kylo Ren's shoulder and tells him Leia can resist his power because she's not seeing her son. Her son would break her. Kylo Ren will not.

Poe bids Finn and Rose fairwell and tells Finn that BB8 insisted he come along. They board a small shuttle and travel to Canto Bight. Upon arrival they are greeted warmly as their aliases have passed. An official welcomes them to Canto Bight and tells them they've been expected. Finn, Rose, and BB8 are taken to a dining hall where a man stands up and welcomes them, saying his name is Gannis Ducain.

Luke consults the ghost of Yoda in secrecy. Yoda assures him he'll be right there along the way to help him train this girl. Luke speaks to Rey about the force and tells her every time she's used it so far it's been for violence, but the force is most at its balance when there is peace. He teaches her to control her force impulses, to use the force in a more gentle way.

Gannis dismisses his guards and immediately tells Finn he's the mole and the coordinates to Snoke's location, and tells the trio he's reported them as Resistance spies and to run now. Finn has the idea to steal an animal from one of the circus attractions and they ride it down to the sea, where they steal a boat to get back to their shuttle while being pursued by CBPD (Canto Bight Police Department)(yes that's a joke. Security chases them)

Kylo Ren enters the chamber again. Leia lashes out at him verbally. She demeans him, calls him a coward, and tells him her son died a long time ago. Kylo tries but fails to extract the map from his mother yet again. She once again calls him a coward for having to hide behind a mask to speak with her. He leaves the room. He removes his mask and destroys it. Hux is present and tells Kylo he can hand over interrogation to someone else. Kylo re-enters the chamber. Leia is in awe but heartbroken to see her son again. Kylo coldly extracts the map from her.

Hux is waiting for Ren. Ren tells Hux to assemble his Knights.

@ISeeAnIsland

I said I wasn't going to post, but I had to add this gem from the same dude.

[–]dbvjb[S] 2 points 22 minutes ago

Benicio is Ducain.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 25 Apr - 21:14

That's the worst thing I've ever read.

Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 25 Apr - 21:18

jocolor

EDIT: Leia is not the main character any more.
First act: mixing MSW + trailer
Second act: pure fanfiction

Last edited by Darth_Awakened on Tue 25 Apr - 21:26; edited 1 time in total
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Tue 25 Apr - 21:19

Yeah, that Reddit Act II "spolier" can't possibly be Rian's movie. I'm sorry, but it's too bad.

Last edited by Kessel on Tue 25 Apr - 21:19; edited 1 time in total
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 25 Apr - 21:19

When I see a character's face featured prominently on a movie poster, I definitely think they'll only show up in the second act and only accomplish one thing in it. And when I see that character's face opposite another character's face, I definitely think they'll only mention or interact with each other or the protagonist in the very final act. Seems legit.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin on Tue 25 Apr - 21:46

@Xylo Ren wrote:That's the worst thing I've ever read.

@Xylo Ren

OMG it is!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I mean, WTF, Kylo spends the movie walking in freaking hallways?!!! And of course, "sinister and in red on the poster Luke" is a pure Jedi saint.  This whole thing was so boring and so stupid that it was an actually an effort to finish reading it.  KK would throw a script like this right in the garbage, lol.  I mean she sooooo needed Adam Driver so he could walk around in the hall and chitchat with Snoke and Hux? LOL!!!!
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum