ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 24 Apr - 18:14

Very interesting, re: the crystal.

Leaving aside the question how on earth Vader's saber would have survived, I could see uniting the two crystals - Vader's and Anakin's - as being part of the obvious "balance" theme going on here.

I realise everything beyond the existence of this necklace is speculation from MSW, but if the crystal does turn out to be Vader's and Kylo wants it, I expect it won't be about him being a "Vader fanboy" but about needing the crystal for some purpose. At the very least, we've got an example from Rebels of uniting a Sith holocron with a Jedi holocron, and its consequences.

Nonetheless, Luke wearing a red crystal and Snoke wearing a black crystal just intensifies the mystery of it all.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 24 Apr - 18:21

IoJovi wrote:
Acritiqua wrote:It would sound more realistic without the birds, because that goes back to that previous Reddit post which seemed unlikely, and makes it seem more crafted out of previous spoilers/rumors.
@Acritiqua

That's what I'm thinking.  I'm thinking this is a savvy person who followed the legit spoilers that have come out, pieced them together and created their own story.  It's not the first time I've seen this happen, and it probably won't be the last...
@IoJovi

I agree. I think that this is someone who pieced together a bunch of (but not all) MSW spoilers + the trailer and added their own headcanon(s).

Like, he says that Kylo doesn't even appear in Act 1 (MSW says that one of the first shots of the movie is Kylo getting tended to by a medical droid), and it also just seems odd that he'd come tearing out to Ahch-To to fight Rey and Luke after the scene with his mother. This spoiler is also placing the Ahch-To fight as the climax of the movie, which contradicts both the teaser poster and MSW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 24 Apr - 18:22

The first thing that came on my mind when I red the word necklace - was the Padme's necklace that had been buried with her.
Hopefully no one was messing around her grave.

MSW's description debunked it right away.

EDIT: And crystal is RED. More red to add to overall "redishness" we have been hitting by since SWC

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 24 Apr - 18:26

Darth Dingbat wrote:Very interesting, re: the crystal.

Leaving aside the question how on earth Vader's saber would have survived, I could see uniting the two crystals - Vader's and Anakin's - as being part of the obvious "balance" theme going on here.

I realise everything beyond the existence of this necklace is speculation from MSW, but if the crystal does turn out to be Vader's and Kylo wants it, I expect it won't be about him being a "Vader fanboy" but about needing the crystal for some purpose. At the very least, we've got an example from Rebels of uniting a Sith holocron with a Jedi holocron, and its consequences.

Nonetheless, Luke wearing a red crystal and Snoke wearing a black crystal just intensifies the mystery of it all.
@Darth Dingbat

I was just about to post the same thing. I recall reading some TFA-related rumors that Luke was guarding an ancient Sith tomb and was "haunted" by Sith ghosts. Now, I'm less inclined to believe this part now, but perhaps Vader's crystal had some sort of corrupting influence on Luke?

And yeah, given that the original TFA Macguffin was the lightsaber/returning the lightsaber to Luke, I think it would make a ton of sense for there to be some story point that revolves around the Anakin crystal/Vader crystal being reunited. I think I even recall reading a TFA rumor that the Anakin lightsaber would be needed to open the temple on Ahch-To.

I've been obsessing over them needing a light and a dark force user to access the temple, but what if what's needed is a light and a dark Khyber crystal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Mon 24 Apr - 18:40

Well, that reddit spoiler is probably the most plausible and interesting one yet. Ren being defeated by birds fits with the MSW spoiler of him getting swarmed by those things at some point in the movie.

Also, Leia vs Snoke snark battle beats Kylo Ren vs Hux snark battle. ROFL
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 24 Apr - 18:44

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

I was just about to post the same thing. I recall reading some TFA-related rumors that Luke was guarding an ancient Sith tomb and was "haunted" by Sith ghosts. Now, I'm less inclined to believe this part now, but perhaps Vader's crystal had some sort of corrupting influence on Luke?

And yeah, given that the original TFA Macguffin was the lightsaber/returning the lightsaber to Luke, I think it would make a ton of sense for there to be some story point that revolves around the Anakin crystal/Vader crystal being reunited. I think I even recall reading a TFA rumor that the Anakin lightsaber would be needed to open the temple on Ahch-To.

I've been obsessing over them needing a light and a dark force user to access the temple, but what if what's needed is a light and a dark Khyber crystal?
@ISeeAnIsland

Don't forget the prophecy: to destroy the Sith and bring BALANCE to the Force. i.e. Anakin's both crystals.

I think you could be on something with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 24 Apr - 18:51

ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

Yes - and if you think about it, something like this would give Anakin's lightsaber a more important role in the story than just as the Skywalker Legacy Macguffin of Destiny and Lineage(tm).

I've felt quite sure that there is some kind of a prophecy (or something) attached to whoever wields that lightsaber, but would be interesting if such a prophecy/purpose were attached to the crystal itself instead.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 24 Apr - 18:59

Darth Dingbat wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

Yes - and if you think about it, something like this would give Anakin's lightsaber a more important role in the story than just as the Skywalker Legacy Macguffin of Destiny and Lineage(tm).

I've felt quite sure that there is some kind of a prophecy (or something) attached to whoever wields that lightsaber, but would be interesting if such a prophecy/purpose were attached to the crystal itself instead.
@Darth Dingbat

I agree. It would sure make the cut-from-TFA "It is you" line make a lot more sense.

And right there on the teaser poster, we've got Rey holding a (possibly crossguard) lightsaber...where the blade morphs from blue to purple to red.

Plus, according to MSW, Luke is going to have a chat with Rey about her place in the Force, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 24 Apr - 19:00

Darth Dingbat wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth Dingbat

Or to both of the crystals (if the red one ended to be Vader's - I'll take all of Jason's speculation part with the grain of salt - he has been too much "fanboying" on Vader lately).

Because blue = light, red = darkness, together = the balance.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 24 Apr - 19:50

Darth_Awakened wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth Dingbat

Or to both of the crystals (if the red one ended to be Vader's - I'll take all of Jason's speculation part with the grain of salt - he has been too much "fanboying" on Vader lately).

@Darth_Awakened

Here's a thought... We don't know the state of Luke's crystal. We know that Kylo's is a cracked red crystal, but we don't know the original source of the crystal. What if Luke's and Kylo's crystal are broken pieces from the same original crystal? Could we possibly have a situation where all THREE crystals need to be brought together?

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 24 Apr - 19:55

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

Here's a thought... We don't know the state of Luke's crystal. We know that Kylo's is a cracked red crystal, but we don't know the original source of the crystal. What if Luke's and Kylo's crystal are broken pieces from the same original crystal? Could we possibly have a situation where all THREE crystals need to be brought together?
@ISeeAnIsland

It could be. There is more to the crystals for sure. I don't think it's just a cool addition to Luke's costume.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 24 Apr - 20:00

The Reddit thing does sound plausible, but they also could've just pieced it together from MSW stuff like other people said. Give me the other two acts and we'll see. Razz Did they say anything else about it besides the Leia/Kylo bit?
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 24 Apr - 20:02

Darth_Awakened wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
ISeeAnIsland wrote:

@Darth Dingbat

@ISeeAnIsland

@Darth Dingbat

@Darth_Awakened

@ISeeAnIsland

It could be. There is more to the crystals for sure. I don't think it's just a cool addition to Luke's costume.
@Darth_Awakened

Right. Not when we've had such a build-up of the importance of kyber crystals in Rogue One and various other new canon materials.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 24 Apr - 20:04

The toys start to appear. MSW just retweeted this

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Mon 24 Apr - 20:10

Has anyone seen this The Last Jedi toy set? Shocked I just don't know what to think about this. http://pansta.com/PandaMedia/1499014080902858881-1592346034
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 24 Apr - 20:12

Darth_Awakened wrote:The toys start to appear. MSW just retweeted this

@Darth_Awakened

I remember in one of their early spoilers about the planet Crait, they described lava seeping through the rocks. I wonder if they mistook whatever red mineral dust that's being kicked up for lava. i.e. In that toy, the red dust could certainly look like lava.

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 24 Apr - 20:13

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Has anyone seen this The Last Jedi toy set? Shocked I just don't know what to think about this. http://pansta.com/PandaMedia/1499014080902858881-1592346034
@Mrs Ben Solo

I can't imagine that that's real. Look at Kylo's scar and Rey's costume.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat on Mon 24 Apr - 20:14

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Has anyone seen this The Last Jedi toy set? Shocked I just don't know what to think about this. http://pansta.com/PandaMedia/1499014080902858881-1592346034
@Mrs Ben Solo

That one was proven to be fake, I believe.
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Mon 24 Apr - 20:15

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

I can't imagine that that's real. Look at Kylo's scar and Rey's costume.
@ISeeAnIsland

Yeah, it does make me question how legit it is. Rey's in her TFA costume and Kylo's scar is a bloody mess! The packaging is also not the one we've seen for TLJ.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Mon 24 Apr - 20:15

Darth Dingbat wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

That one was proven to be fake, I believe.
@Darth Dingbat

Thank goodness for that!
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reynak on Mon 24 Apr - 20:19

I've always had the feeling that Ben became a Darksider because he had to, not because he wanted to. If he'd wanted to become Dark he wouldn't have waited until he was 23. Perhaps he felt it was necessary for some reason, and not for self-gain but for something of vital importance. If two Force users, one Light and the other Dark, are needed to make some mission possible, perhaps that's why he became Dark. There may be a prophecy stating this and he got to know about it. What if becoming full Dark and fully trained is necessary to obtain the knowledge required to get access to the sacred tree or the original temple? Kylo seems to know something due to Force visions or something of the sort. There might be a prophecy about the awakening of a powerful Lightside FS(Rey) who will play a crucial role in this prophecy. Perhaps Kylo/Ben knew that the knowledge of the Darkside was needed to complete the prophecy, or to prevent it, who knows?

I think Ben got to know something terrible and this made him fall. He resisted for 23 years, so I don't think he fell for selfish reasons, but for necessity, what he deems necessary. I may be totally mistaken but this is the vibe I perceived while watching the movie. That he became Dark for some reason that could be considered good but he paid too high a price to enter access to Snoke's lair, so his soul is tainted now and Snoke's teachings have affected him too much. That's why he seems a cult follower. He has also killed, so if originally he had good intentions and might still have them, this doesn't mean he feels less guilty for what he has done, that's why he thinks it's too late to come back.

I wonder what is Luke's role in all this but it must be pivotal. His role is going to be fascinating, I think. Both he and Kylo know too much but they probably want to act in a different way about this terrible discovery. Perhaps Luke wants the mystery to remain unknown but Kylo wants to uncover it. Knowledge is what made Adam and Eve lose Paradise and the grace of God. Luke seems an angry god in the poster and the last scene of TFA. What if he told Ben (Adam) not to "eat" the forbidden fruit which represents knowledge, in the form of ancient books, but he didn't obey his orders? He became Kylo and lost his name, like the proverbial fallen angel. Adam and Eve were expelled from Paradise but the devil's crimes were too big, especially because he never felt regret and remorse. If Kylo regrets his crimes, he'll be given a chance, like Adam and Eve.

Last edited by Reynak on Tue 25 Apr - 3:57; edited 11 times in total
Reynak
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Mon 24 Apr - 20:23

ISeeAnIsland wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:The toys start to appear. MSW just retweeted this

@Darth_Awakened

I remember in one of their early spoilers about the planet Crait, they described lava seeping through the rocks. I wonder if they mistook whatever red mineral dust that's being kicked up for lava. i.e. In that toy, the red dust could certainly look like lava.
@ISeeAnIsland

It looks like lava, I agree, but I'am not sure if anyone can make dust of bricks that looks like literal dust. LOL
Also if I understood the linked article correctly it's in French, (and we need @SanghaRen ASAP to correct me if I'am wrong.), the guy who made the toy did it directly with the skimmer from the trailer as a model. Furthermore it seems it's not a regular toys - more like a prototype model if I got everything correctly from the article.

http://www.hellobricks.com/2017/04/star-wars-the-last-jedi-moc-last-skimmer/

Et moins de six secondes un peu floues de ce trailer auront suffi à Grant Davis pour capturer cette très belle scène où les speeders laissent une traînée de poussière rouge sur la planète Crait,

Poussiere rouge = red dust

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Mon 24 Apr - 20:26

Lol that toy is definitely fake! It says on the box it's from the "Unleashed" line but that was discontinued years ago. Plus those are clearly Black Series figures (I have them) and his scar is painted on. Fake!

Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Mon 24 Apr - 21:02

Helix wrote:The Reddit thing does sound plausible, but they also could've just pieced it together from MSW stuff like other people said. Give me the other two acts and we'll see. Razz Did they say anything else about it besides the Leia/Kylo bit?
@Helix

'I'm posting these in separate acts to stay under the radar. You can expect Act II on Tuesday.' I guess we'll possibly see tomorrow.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Mon 24 Apr - 21:20

It seems that link to those Reddit "leaks" are gone.

I doubt they're true, but I don't dislike the idea of it. Though it seems like the pacing would be kind of odd. Also, that isn't the first rumor to claim that Kylo will have a scene where he has to interrogate Leia and it messes with him. I actually really like the idea of that, and it's believable as a breaking point for him. But I also agree that I wonder how that'll lead to him going to Ahch-to if so. Perhaps he successfully gets information out of Leia and that makes Snoke think he's ready to go find and take on Luke/Rey?
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum