ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Helix on Thu 18 May 2017 - 11:51

Going for is just the phrasing Jason and that source used, that could mean to try to talk/reason with or fight etc.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 18 May 2017 - 11:58

@Helix wrote:Going for is just the phrasing Jason and that source used, that could mean to try to talk/reason with or fight etc.
@Helix

Thanks Very Happy
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 18 May 2017 - 12:01

A rumor is just a rumor.

Also keep in mind that Kylo will visit Anch To in TLJ.

How, when and why he will/won't leave freely Anch To we don't know yet.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Thu 18 May 2017 - 12:03

So according to the rumors so far, first Kylo goes after Rey and near the end she goes for him? And what the hell happens in the meantime on Ach-to? More importantly, what happens in Episode IX
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 18 May 2017 - 12:11

@motherofpearl1 wrote:Not....necessarily.
Maybe she'goes after him' post the revelation that changes her opinion of him.
Whatever....I really want those two to spend quality time together! Just the two of them.
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Rey is going for Kylo means she'll try to kill him? How sad
@Maria Antonietta

Not....necessarily.
Maybe she'goes after him' post the revelation that changes her opinion of him.
Whatever....I really want those two to spend quality time together! Just the two of them.
@motherofpearl1

What's happened here? Embarassed
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 18 May 2017 - 12:18

@EchoBase wrote:So according to the rumors so far, first Kylo goes after Rey and near the end she goes for him? And what the hell happens in the meantime on Ach-to? More importantly, what happens in Episode IX
@EchoBase

Yep. It's a bit weird isn't it?

If you compare it to ROTJ - Luke also went for Vader.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Tex on Thu 18 May 2017 - 12:28

@nemapasara

So if this is true and Rey's going for Kylo, than they somehow get separated after reuniting on Ahch-To? Maybe once they're able to leave the island, Kylo goes back to the FO and Rey decides to go after him? I also find this part VERY interesting:

It makes me ponder a few different scenarios. Does Kylo go back to the FO willingly? Or is he forcibly brought back? Would he stay behind and be captured to help Rey and Luke get away?

I could see the film unfolding with Kylo going rouge after waking up in the medbay at the beginning of the film. Through his connection with Rey knows where she is and hops on his ship to Ahch-To to confront her and Luke. He crashes and ends up there prisoner. Insert joke about how he's "their guest". Possible time jump with them all being stuck on the island getting lots of character development. The end of the film being the FO shows up after searching for Kylo. This is all speculation of course, but it would make for an exciting cliffhanger if Rey decides to go confront Kylo. Or dare I say rescue him?
Tex
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 18 May 2017 - 12:29

Sounds ridiculous to be honest.
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 18 May 2017 - 12:31

There's also some new maybe-crackpot-reddit stuff:

Basically, says that Rey goes off with Snoke at the end when theyre all on a destroyer and betrays Kylo Ren when he won't kill rey.
The destroyer is amidst a space battle and is heavily damaged, descending towards a planet with kylo, finn and poe aboard.

I've been told a couple of things about the ending of viii but when I questioned, said person got a little contradictory.
from what I can make sense
rey leaves a crashing ship with snoke
luke sacrifices himself (ambiguous)
kylo kills phasma
giant blacked out destroyer crashes on a planet with kylo, finn, poe and bb8 on board
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France on Thu 18 May 2017 - 12:42

@Darth_Awakened wrote:There's also some new maybe-crackpot-reddit stuff:

Basically, says that Rey goes off with Snoke at the end when theyre all on a destroyer and betrays Kylo Ren when he won't kill rey.
The destroyer is amidst a space battle and is heavily damaged, descending towards a planet with kylo, finn and poe aboard.

I've been told a couple of things about the ending of viii but when I questioned, said person got a little contradictory.
kylo kills phasma
giant blacked out destroyer crashes on a planet with kylo, finn, poe and bb8 on board
@Darth_Awakened

Why would Kylo kill Phasma? I don't know, it seems a bit random. Finn chopping off Phasma's arm makes more sense to me.
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Thu 18 May 2017 - 12:46

Aren't all of MSW's recent rumors pointing in opposite directions? He doesn't sound like he trusts this one.

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 18 May 2017 - 12:59

kylo kills phasma
@Darth_Awakened

That almost sounds connected to the new iffy sounding rumor from MSW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Thu 18 May 2017 - 13:10

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

kylo kills phasma
@Darth_Awakened

@ISeeAnIsland

Didn't Bothan Spy suggest Phasma might die? I'm sure there was something about her losing an arm but that wouldn't be the worse thing that happened to her. Then there was some other spoiler/rumour way back about Kylo doing something against the FO towards the end of the movie. I'm not saying it's credible but it does seem to fit with some past spoilers/rumours.

I wish MSW would say more about what's happened with the Ireland/Ahch-To spoilers because a lot of that stuff seems out of whack with what we are hearing now. Does Kylo even spend any time with Luke and Rey there? It seemed like they would spend time together but if Kylo is back with the FO in the third act it makes it sound like a flying visit!
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 18 May 2017 - 13:14

I really only have the bandwidth these days for political conspiracy theories and rumors :roll: . But Rey going after Kylo/Ben would be like RotJ. Some of the deleted scenes that you can track down on YouTube show Vader 'reaching out' to Luke when he's getting ready to crash Jabba's place for Han's rescue and looking conflicted. In this scenario, if they've further had time to be together on neutral ground, get to know each other, she knows the whole story, and oh, two young emotional/FS/lonely young people male and female in an amazing mystic/beautiful landscape - stuff will have happened. And if he decides at the end to throw himself on his sword in the hopes of stopping Snoke and in turn, trying to protect both Rey and Leia, she'd follow after him.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Thu 18 May 2017 - 13:17

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

kylo kills phasma
@Darth_Awakened

@ISeeAnIsland

Didn't Bothan Spy suggest Phasma might die? I'm sure there was something about her losing an arm but that wouldn't be the worse thing that happened to her. Then there was some other spoiler/rumour way back about Kylo doing something against the FO towards the end of the movie. I'm not saying it's credible but it does seem to fit with some past spoilers/rumours.

I wish MSW would say more about what's happened with the Ireland/Ahch-To spoilers because a lot of that stuff seems out of whack with what we are hearing now. Does Kylo even spend any time with Luke and Rey there? It seemed like they would spend time together but if Kylo is back with the FO in the third act it makes it sound like a flying visit!
@Mrs Ben Solo

He must. My justification is that if Kylo wasn't on Ahch-To and he was only there in the context of a force vision than why fly Adam to Ireland? That scene could've easily been filmed at Pinewood. But they not only flew him in but wasn't he filming in different locations? If he's there for any extended period of time than he's going to interact with Luke and Rey. No point in making him go there if it's not important.
nemapasara
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 18 May 2017 - 13:23

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:

kylo kills phasma
@Darth_Awakened

@ISeeAnIsland

@Mrs Ben Solo

Bothan Spy said this and specifically that it's Finn who maims her. Though if I recall, he was shaky on whether Phasma actually died at that moment. He was sure that she DID die at some point in the movie, though.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Thu 18 May 2017 - 13:23

I've got a feeling that promo pic of Kylo at the SWC might be 'after' he returns to the FO - hence his grim expression and what seems to be a fresh wound on his temple.

And if this is the case...maybe he's their prisoner?
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch on Thu 18 May 2017 - 13:36

Did people expect that Kylo was going to be on Ahch-To with Rey and Luke for an extended period of time? I think he's going to wind up with them after the fight and that there are going to be crucial interactions and character development there, but I don't think it's plausible for him to be on the island with them for more than a couple of days at most. Snoke isn't going to be prepared to just sit back while Kylo is rehabilitated to the light side by Rey and Luke - he's going to be sending resources in to get him out of there and kill/capture Luke and Rey.

I think we might see Kylo escape the island on the MF with Rey and/or Luke, and then perhaps Rey lets him get away and so he slinks off - with considerable reluctance - to rejoin the First Order and explain himself, potentially defeating Rey's hopes that he return to the Resistance and his mother. From then on his loyalties might well become muddier and muddier, potentially to the point that he's feeding information to Rey about the FO's plans.

As for the MSW report, Jason's wording is incredibly vague. 'Going for' could mean any number of things - the report made it sound to me like Rey and Luke go with very different intents in mind, and aren't just about divvying up the dark side duelling targets. I think it's probably more likely that Rey wants to speak to Kylo than fight him, though that possibility can't be eliminated. If the new Reddit rumour is true, it's possible that there is a rematch at the end of TLJ that represents an inversion from the start of the film where it seems that Kylo is intent on defeating Rey - Rey, perhaps radicalised by Luke and/or Snoke, is newly intent on killing Kylo, while Kylo, turned away from the dark side over the course of the film, refuses to fight or hurt her. That could explain why Snoke would drop Kylo at that point and choose Rey as his apprentice instead, since he would see more potential for darkness in her.

Last edited by nonesuch on Thu 18 May 2017 - 13:51; edited 1 time in total
nonesuch
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 18 May 2017 - 13:47

I also think that this movie, in the Force plot at least, might be about keeping audiences on their toes as to character motivations and how they'll swing/act by the end. For Rey, Kylo, and Luke.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Thu 18 May 2017 - 13:57

My imagination is running away with me, even though those spoilers are probably nonsense... If Kylo, Finn, Poe and (possibly) Rose are on a crashing Star destroyer (maybe Snoke's fancy flagship) at the end (with presumably FO officers and storm troopers) what if Kylo could use the force to slow down the descent of the ship? I don't even know if that would be possible with an object of that magnitude (though, only different in your mind, as Yoda would say!) But that would be a spectacular act for Kylo, and talk about showcasing his humanity! Something like that could go some way towards softening Poe, Finn etc opinion of him, plus potentially turning the surviving FO personnel into Resistance allies.

Anyway, those rumours are probably bobbins and my mind always goes to redemption for Kylo because that's what I want above all else. It would be a good set up to enter Ep IX, though, with Rey off with Snoke and Kylo in an (uneasy) alliance with the Resistance.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 18 May 2017 - 14:01

So, if this reddit rumor is correct, then the cliff hanger at the end of TLJ will Kylo, Poe and BB8 survive the spaceship crash.  Rey, goes off with Snoke. I am wondering if she goes off willingly or is taken prisoner to turn her?

Birdwoman
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Thu 18 May 2017 - 14:01

@nonesuch wrote:Did people expect that Kylo was going to be on Ahch-To with Rey and Luke for an extended period of time? I think he's going to wind up with them after the fight and that there are going to be crucial interactions and character development there, but I don't think it's plausible for him to be on the island with them for more than a couple of days at most. Snoke isn't going to be prepared to just sit back while Kylo is rehabilitated to the light side by Rey and Luke - he's going to be sending resources in to get him out of there and kill/capture Luke and Rey.
@nonesuch

This is what I meant by extended period of time, really. I wasn't ever expecting them to be stuck there together for months on end and Snoke just twiddling his thumbs waiting for Kylo to come back. It's not going to be just a quick fly-by though, there's plot and character development going down with all three of those characters on that island before sith hits the fan.

nemapasara
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by nonesuch on Thu 18 May 2017 - 14:03

@Birdwoman wrote:So, if this reddit rumor is correct, then the cliff hanger at the end of TLJ will Kylo, Poe and BB8 survive the spaceship crash.  Rey, goes off with Snoke. I am wondering if she goes off willingly or is taken prisoner to turn her?
@Birdwoman

There was another rumour (from a different forum) that indicated that Rey was seen in a prison cell on her way to Snoke (or something like that) at the end of TLJ. If true, that would imply that she is taken captive rather than going willingly.
nonesuch
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 18 May 2017 - 14:11

@nonesuch wrote:
@Birdwoman wrote:So, if this reddit rumor is correct, then the cliff hanger at the end of TLJ will Kylo, Poe and BB8 survive the spaceship crash.  Rey, goes off with Snoke. I am wondering if she goes off willingly or is taken prisoner to turn her?
@Birdwoman

There was another rumour (from a different forum) that indicated that Rey was seen in a prison cell on her way to Snoke (or something like that) at the end of TLJ. If true, that would imply that she is taken captive rather than going willingly.
@nonesuch

The rumor you speak of came from a poster on another forum. he originally said that "at the end of the movie, Rey is captured by Snoke/Kylo" and then he backtracked and said that he was told that "Rey is in a holding cell" so his assumption was that she was captured by FO. The same guy also said that "Luke, Finn and 3PO look at the unknown landscape/space like the end of ESB" but backtracked and said that Mark and John were in front of the green screen and Anthony was at the studio that day. So some Redditor called BS cause his source said that it was Luke and Leia standing exactly like in ESB (obviously fake) and the first guy backtracked again and said "Could be, maybe my source mixed it up or they changed the scene". LOL.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 18 May 2017 - 14:17

Rey being taken prisoner by Snoke does jibe with how some of us have conjectured that her whole abandonment on Jakku and disappearance of her parents is likely tied to whatever Snoke's master agenda is. Her folks could've been former Imperials, founding members of the FO, relic hunters, Darksiders, et cetera who ended up being killed or murdered because of what Snoke's been up to. And with the "Empire needs children" theme from the Empire's End books, it's even possible that they stashed her on Jakku because they were trying to shield her from Snoke (something Leia didn't figure out about her own kid until it was too late). It would also set up the 3rd movie for one of those introductions like RotJ where all the characters have to work together to because the Big Bad is threatening the one person they all care for. They already subverted that in TFA with Rey rescuing herself. But she is the closest analogue to Han for the ST characters, at least in terms of being the scruffy reluctant hero type with ties to the underworld.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum