ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by ZioRen on Thu 18 May - 19:21

A while back I had a theory that VIII might end with Rey being captured and IX would feature Kylo growing increasingly uncomfortable with Snoke having his hands on her. If they do groundwork in TLJ to get Rey and Kylo closer, this could still be a possibility. I think I likened it to Zuko's arc in Avatar the Last Airbender; a small betrayal/setback after an arc of seriously doubting his path that ultimately leads to a full tilt turn in the right direction.

Though I think it ending with Rey captured by Kylo again seems redundant. Who knows, maybe she would go willingly for some reason.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 18 May - 19:26

@ZioRen - the whole "Brrriiiiinnng her to meeeeeee." line is foreshadowing, so it has to happen.
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 18 May - 19:34

@Zioren @Snufkin based on MSW spoilers about what Snoke looks like, he's basically Ming the Merciless. Gold? Check. Red? Check. Tacky ring? Check. So maybe he wants to marry Rey like Ming wanted to marry Dale? lol!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin on Thu 18 May - 19:39

@vaderito - ha! I do associate Max Von Sydow with his campy roles in Flash Gordon, Dune, and Strange Brew. You may be on to something ;). And we do know that Kylo's awfully jealous when it comes to Rey.

But back to @nonesuch's original question, we already had an anvil dropped over our heads with the "bring her to me" line and leaked original artwork, so that has to happen. Question is how it's going to be set up, if he willingly does it or the rumored 'quality time' (lol @motherofpearl1, maybe he'll give her some haircare tips) changes both of their feelings and how he proceeds given his personal interests.

Also circles back to @ISeeanIsland's recent question about whether or not he's dispatched by Snoke or goes on his own to Ache-to. We already know that Snoke and Hux were more than happy to blow up an entire solar system because BB-8 and the map were there. Snoke doesn't seem like he wants to confront Luke as much as he wants to just keep Luke out of the way.

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 18 May - 19:49; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 18 May - 19:44

Snoke's punishment for Kylo will be literally marrying Rey in front of him. Laughing
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 18 May - 19:48

@ZioRen wrote:Snoke's punishment for Kylo will be literally marrying Rey in front of him. Laughing
@ZioRen

I find the idea of Snoke getting the girl, when resident hunks couldn't, supremely amusing. lol! lol!
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 18 May - 19:51

@vaderito wrote:
@ZioRen wrote:Snoke's punishment for Kylo will be literally marrying Rey in front of him. Laughing
@ZioRen

I find the idea of Snoke getting the girl, when resident hunks couldn't, supremely amusing. lol! lol!
@vaderito

We've gotten it all so wrong. SNOKE will get the redemption arc by falling in love with Rey and Kylo will be the evil big bad! Sney > Reylo.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 18 May - 19:52

@ZioRen wrote:

We've gotten it all so wrong. SNOKE will get the redemption arc by falling in love with Rey and Kylo will be the evil big bad! Sney > Reylo.
@ZioRen

damn, that's Shocker of Shockers from that Japanese leaflet!

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 18 May - 19:57

What if there is too much going on with Kylo and Rey for romance to happen the way we want it? What if FinnRose bless them is our romance of this trilogy? Han and Leia were a thing in the second movie, Anakin and Padme too. My sister had this idea while back.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 18 May - 19:57

Rey's love will turn Snoke into a beautiful man. Razz

Before:

After:

Last edited by Helix on Thu 18 May - 20:05; edited 1 time in total
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 18 May - 20:03

@Helix wrote:Rey's love will turn Snoke into a beautiful man. Razz
@Helix

True Beauty and the Beast. cheers
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 18 May - 20:16

@Helix wrote:Rey's love will turn Snoke into a beautiful man. Razz

Before:

After:

@Helix

OH MY GOD
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 18 May - 20:25

@DarthRen wrote:What if there is too much going on with Kylo and Rey for romance to happen the way we want it? What if FinnRose bless them is our romance of this trilogy? Han and Leia were a thing in the second movie, Anakin and Padme too. My sister had this idea while back.
@DarthRen

That has been my fear all along pale I posted about it a while back and someone said that Finn and a girl introduced in the second movie wouldn't be considered a "central romance," like we were promised. We'll see... I don't think Reylo would happen in TLJ. It might be hinted at strongly enough that the general audience might start to speculate about it, but I bet it won't HAPPEN happen. Like maybe Kylo saves her somehow, or refuses to let Snoke get her or something to show that he cares...but I'm not expecting them to embrace.
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Thu 18 May - 21:10

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:What if there is too much going on with Kylo and Rey for romance to happen the way we want it? What if FinnRose bless them is our romance of this trilogy? Han and Leia were a thing in the second movie, Anakin and Padme too. My sister had this idea while back.
@DarthRen

That has been my fear all along pale I posted about it a while back and someone said that Finn and a girl introduced in the second movie wouldn't be considered a "central romance," like we were promised. We'll see... I don't think Reylo would happen in TLJ. It might be hinted at strongly enough that the general audience might start to speculate about it, but I bet it won't HAPPEN happen. Like maybe Kylo saves her somehow, or refuses to let Snoke get her or something to show that he cares...but I'm not expecting them to embrace.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I don't think the next romance has to be central. Anakin and Padme were but Han and Leia were sort of side plot... Luke and Vader was the main one. You know Rey is Luke of this trilogy=main hero and Kylo Darth Vader= confused villain who's redeeming himself for their love.

I did not expected for romance to really happen (kisses, hugs and that stuff) in TLJ but now I am thinking if it happens at all ... because of complicated plot, their relationship. No doubt they'll become allies and friends by the end of this trilogy ... but will it go that far as romance is where I am not sure.

DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 18 May - 21:15

I do think it's interesting that Jason shared this rumor (with the caveat that it was a rumor...but there must be some trust he has in his source), given that he's been adamant all along that he had no evidence that Luke and Rey ever left Ahch-To. (I was always skeptical of that myself--just because he doesn't have evidence, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen).

If these rumors are true, as much as I wanted an accidental/spur-of-the-moment Reylo kiss in TLJ, I think that's a lot less likely to happen if Rey and Kylo aren't spending much time together and/or escaping together at some point (even as reluctant allies). I still think that Reylo will happen, but this sort of set up sounds much more like we won't get a kiss until the end of IX and/or the "kiss of life" scenario that I know some of you are big fans of.

One question that I wonder about with these rumors...where is Rose in all of this?
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Thu 18 May - 21:22

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:I do think it's interesting that Jason shared this rumor (with the caveat that it was a rumor...but there must be some trust he has in his source), given that he's been adamant all along that he had no evidence that Luke and Rey ever left Ahch-To. (I was always skeptical of that myself--just because he doesn't have evidence, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen).

If these rumors are true, as much as I wanted an accidental/spur-of-the-moment Reylo kiss in TLJ, I think that's a lot less likely to happen if Rey and Kylo aren't spending much time together and/or escaping together at some point (even as reluctant allies). I still think that Reylo will happen, but this sort of set up sounds much more like we won't get a kiss until the end of IX and/or the "kiss of life" scenario that I know some of you are big fans of.

One question that I wonder about with these rumors...where is Rose in all of this?
@ISeeAnIsland

Rose is somehow forgotten.

Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 18 May - 21:29

I don't think that Rose is forgotten. The Reddit rumor is, well, Reddit. They wouldn't pay much attention to a new character whether the leak is real or fake.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Jason post stuff on his site when he's pretty sure about something? If he isn't he keeps it in the podcast until he feels it's confirmed enough to post it. Even though he put a caveat to that Luke/Snoke, Rey/Kylo rumor, I guess he likes it so much he had to post it even if it proved wrong.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 18 May - 21:32

Having some sort of big scene or climatic confrontation with Snoke would make the release of a "Snoke's throne room" playset toy make a lot more sense.

ETA: Although if there's a big confrontation of some sort with Snoke in TLJ, it kind of makes me wonder what they're saving for the ending of IX.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 18 May - 21:39

I don't think it's a confrontation that ends all confrontation. perhaps some characters end up with Snoke, and IX is about that. Snoke takes them somewhere. I mena, I would love IX to be about something bigger than a showdown with the big bad like every blockobuster past, present and future.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix on Thu 18 May - 21:44

It'll probably be an appetite-whetter for a grander confrontation in 9. At least I'm assuming they'd want to keep this minimal and tease the potential for a bigger EP 9 one and the end of this trilogy.
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 18 May - 21:49

@Helix wrote:It'll probably be an appetite-whetter for a grander confrontation in 9. At least I'm assuming they'd want to keep this minimal and tease the potential for a bigger EP 9 one and the end of this trilogy.
@Helix

Agreed. Good point.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 18 May - 22:11

For anyone who is interested, here are the actual reddit threads.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6bvdeo/tlj_details/

I put some stuff up on another thread but I thought I'd post it here.

Was in London at the weekend for some drinks with school friends, my friend Mike lives there and works grip on some tv programmes and seemed to know some details that are on the grapevine. He's always seemed genuine (was more of a friend of a friend at school) but was a bit weird when I asked if luke died.

He knows his s*** but is pretty dense on day to day stuff.

Basically, says that Rey goes off with Snoke at the end when theyre all on a destroyer and betrays Kylo Ren when he won't kill rey.

The destroyer is amidst a space battle and is heavily damaged, descending towards a planet with kylo, finn and poe aboard.

I asked if Luke died and he laughed. He's never given me any info before but I only see him normally when he comes home as he's been in London since uni. Our other friend of a friend is an architect who claimed to consult on a tall structure on TFA but turned out to be vader's castle prototype.

anyhow, he described the destroyer so I doodled it.

http://imgur.com/wYtLquz

edit: he also says Kylo kills Phasma, doesn't allude to when

And https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspeculation/comments/6bqfge/star_wars_what_to_expect_for_an_ending_to_episode/

In the comments:

I've been told a couple of things about the ending of viii but when I questioned, said person got a little contradictory.

from what I can make sense

rey leaves a crashing ship with snoke
luke sacrifices himself (ambiguous)
kylo kills phasma
giant blacked out destroyer crashes on a planet with kylo, finn, poe and bb8 on board

I think it's a plausible scenario given what we know (minus the absence of Rose...unless something happened to her), but the poster/poster's source doesn't seem particularly credible.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 18 May - 22:19

Han did say that Snoke is using Kylo and would destroy him when he is done.  So, I can see Snoke leaving Kylo to die on that ship.  It could be very cool that Luke and Kylo join up to save Rey in 9....

Maybe Luke with his super force powers can stop the ship from crashing.

Last edited by Birdwoman on Thu 18 May - 22:30; edited 1 time in total

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 18 May - 22:24

@Birdwoman wrote:Han did say that Snoke is using Kylo and would destroy him when he is done. So, I can see the leave Kylo to die being played out. It could be very cool that Luke and Kylo join up to save Rey in 9....

Maybe Luke with his super force powers can stop the ship from crashing.
@Birdwoman

I have really mixed feelings on TLJ ending with Rey captured. On one hand, she's already been captured once...to capture her two movies in a row would feel redundant, unless it wasn't as straightforward as that. (If there's some truth to "Ben fell in Rey's place", maybe Rey feels guilty and tries to switch places with Kylo or something? Or she thinks she's going to take down Snoke from the inside?)

On the other hand, I do love the idea of Kylo needing to work with Finn & co. to help save Rey. I think that dynamic could be really interesting to watch onscreen.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Thu 18 May - 22:32

@ISeeAnIsland

I am not super thrilled with her being captured again also. I guess we have to wait and see. I hope they have a moment where we know for sure that Rey does care about Kylo.

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum