ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 18 May - 23:34

@DarthRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:What if there is too much going on with Kylo and Rey for romance to happen the way we want it? What if FinnRose bless them is our romance of this trilogy? Han and Leia were a thing in the second movie, Anakin and Padme too. My sister had this idea while back.
@DarthRen

That has been my fear all along pale I posted about it a while back and someone said that Finn and a girl introduced in the second movie wouldn't be considered a "central romance," like we were promised. We'll see... I don't think Reylo would happen in TLJ. It might be hinted at strongly enough that the general audience might start to speculate about it, but I bet it won't HAPPEN happen. Like maybe Kylo saves her somehow, or refuses to let Snoke get her or something to show that he cares...but I'm not expecting them to embrace.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I don't think the next romance has to be central. Anakin and Padme were but Han and Leia were sort of side plot... Luke and Vader was the main one. You know Rey is Luke of this trilogy=main hero and Kylo Darth Vader= confused villain who's redeeming himself for their love.

I did not expected for romance to really happen (kisses, hugs and that stuff) in TLJ but now I am thinking if it happens at all ... because of complicated plot, their relationship. No doubt they'll become allies and friends by the end of this trilogy ... but will it go that far as romance is where I am not sure.

@DarthRen

I have had all the same thoughts and I still wonder... But I keep thinking back to that early interview where JJ was asked about the possibility of romance and JJ answered something like, "No doubt, but we want to approach it in a different way," and supposedly this was before Kasdan was part of the project and before Finn and Maz were added to the story.

I'm trying to keep the hope alive, but it's still cautious optimism  Smile
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Thu 18 May - 23:36

I do like the idea of Finn and Kylo having to bite the bullet and work together in IX. I actually thought their dynamic in TFA was so interesting but figured it would never really be explored again. This scenario would please me!
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Thu 18 May - 23:37

Rey doesn't want to kill him, he doesn't want to kill her, guys, OUR VICTORY IS CLOSE
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 19 May - 0:24

@Maria Antonietta wrote:Rey doesn't want to kill him, he doesn't want to kill her, guys, OUR VICTORY IS CLOSE
@Maria Antonietta

In one of the rumours not sure which MSW? Kylo fights her on the cliff with literally no other thought than to harm or take her. Might be his pride at expense of orders of Snoke? Kylo seems also angry in the trailer loooking at someone with the blue lightsaber, possibly this is Rey.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Fri 19 May - 0:26

Maybe he is on the spaceship that will crash. Maybe Snoke is in this shot also?

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 19 May - 0:26

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:What if there is too much going on with Kylo and Rey for romance to happen the way we want it? What if FinnRose bless them is our romance of this trilogy? Han and Leia were a thing in the second movie, Anakin and Padme too. My sister had this idea while back.
@DarthRen

That has been my fear all along pale I posted about it a while back and someone said that Finn and a girl introduced in the second movie wouldn't be considered a "central romance," like we were promised. We'll see... I don't think Reylo would happen in TLJ. It might be hinted at strongly enough that the general audience might start to speculate about it, but I bet it won't HAPPEN happen. Like maybe Kylo saves her somehow, or refuses to let Snoke get her or something to show that he cares...but I'm not expecting them to embrace.
@Cowgirlsamurai

I don't think the next romance has to be central. Anakin and Padme were but Han and Leia were sort of side plot... Luke and Vader was the main one. You know Rey is Luke of this trilogy=main hero and Kylo Darth Vader= confused villain who's redeeming himself for their love.

I did not expected for romance to really happen (kisses, hugs and that stuff) in TLJ but now I am thinking if it happens at all ... because of complicated plot, their relationship. No doubt they'll become allies and friends by the end of this trilogy ... but will it go that far as romance is where I am not sure.

@DarthRen

I have had all the same thoughts and I still wonder... But I keep thinking back to that early interview where JJ was asked about the possibility of romance and JJ answered something like, "No doubt, but we want to approach it in a different way," and supposedly this was before Kasdan was part of the project and before Finn and Maz were added to the story.

I'm trying to keep the hope alive, but it's still cautious optimism  Smile
@Cowgirlsamurai

The thing that I like but also is how in my mind I'm going back and forth with them. Where, when, how? I's fun but on the other hand also nervous with what they're gonna do with them. Their relationship or future one is a very interesting and as JJ said it.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn on Fri 19 May - 0:30

@DarthRen wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Rey doesn't want to kill him, he doesn't want to kill her, guys, OUR VICTORY IS CLOSE
@Maria Antonietta

In one of the rumours not sure which MSW? Kylo fights her on the cliff with literally no other thought than to harm or take her. Might be his pride at expense of orders of Snoke? Kylo seems also angry in the trailer loooking at someone with the blue lightsaber, possibly this is Rey.
@DarthRen

How do they know Kylo's thoughts? That was an assumption.

He doesn't seem angry at all, more determined to me.
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Fri 19 May - 0:33

@Airemyn wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

@DarthRen

@Airemyn

Interesting enough, Jason backtracked on much of the stuff that came out of Ireland, and I *believe* Kylo wanting to kill Rey was one of them, among the stuff also involving the KoR.

The bigger question is what spoiler are they hanging onto that's caused him so much to change his tune?
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn on Fri 19 May - 0:35

@IoJovi wrote:
@Airemyn wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

@DarthRen

@Airemyn

Interesting enough, Jason backtracked on much of the stuff that came out of Ireland, and I *believe* Kylo wanting to kill Rey was one of them, among the stuff also involving the KoR.

The bigger question is what spoiler are they hanging onto that's caused him so much to change his tune?
@IoJovi

Indeed. I'm very curious about this too.

I was so busy at work today that I forgot about buying Empire!! Sad Any Brits got it?
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 19 May - 0:40

@IoJovi wrote:
@Airemyn wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

@DarthRen

@Airemyn

@IoJovi

I don't recall him backtracking on Kylo wanting to kill Rey, but they've backtracked so much on that particular spoiler drop that I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't completely accurate.

The major things he's backtracked on:

* How confident he is that the MiB are the KoR (In their latest podcast, Jason said they just don't know. On one hand, what are the chances that there's a second group of MiB with melee weapons? And the "Praetorian guards" are supposedly dressed in red. On the other hand, he's got a source telling him that that's not the case...but who knows if maybe he's being fed misinformation. I'm still leaning towards thinking they're KoR, personally, until we have a better explanation.)
* Luke using a lightsaber during the MiB fight.

ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Fri 19 May - 0:53

This isn't backtracking, people, but 2 separate events. Rain fight is one, near the middle of the movie. This Luke/Snoke, Rey/Kylo thing is another, near the end. 

But anyway, the puzzle here is the meaning of "go for someone". Luke going for Snoke and Rey going for Kylo. So lets see, some stuff is hilarious, you'll know:

or somebody/something phrasal verb1 ATTACK British English to attack or criticize someone The dog suddenly went for me.2 TRY TO GET SOMETHING to try to get or win something Jackson is going for his second gold medal here.go for it spoken (=used to encourage someone to try to achieve something) If you really want the job, go for it!

to choose something or someone:
Offered the choice between a higher salary and more vacation time, I know which one I’d go for.

He can't even count on all the voters who went for him the last time.

to like or admire something:

I don’t go for action movies or romances.

to try to achieve a goal, or try to attract someone's romantic interest:

He’ll be going for his third straight Olympic gold medal in the 200-meter dash.

vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Fri 19 May - 0:57

Mmmh something does not add up. Too much confusion from this "alleged" fight, the Rey Luke Kylo conversation in the hut to the end
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 19 May - 1:11

@Maria Antonietta wrote:Mmmh something does not add up. Too much confusion from this "alleged" fight, the Rey Luke Kylo conversation in the hut to the end
@Maria Antonietta

Oh, I agree. I just can't see Kylo slinking back to the FO with his tail between his legs again after he fails to accomplish whatever it was that he set out to do on Ahch-To. And I can't see Snoke reacting well to another failure to "bring him the girl", either.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 19 May - 1:12

I don't trust the Ireland/Ahch-To spoilers now because MSW have since said stuff like no evidence of Luke using his lightsaber and they don't think the men in black on Ahch-To are the Knights of Ren. Hopefully Jason and Co will address this in more detail in an upcoming podcast or release more accurate spoilers given what they've found out since the Ireland filming. A lot of what came out of eyewitness reports always sounded too much like headcanon/fan wish list stuff to me. If Rey and Kylo have another confrontation in the 3rd act when he's back with the FO, it seems silly that they would keep seeking each other out and fighting until the ground splits or one fall off a cliff or another gets set upon by porgs or whatever.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen on Fri 19 May - 1:19

@Airemyn wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

@DarthRen

@Airemyn

He's fighting her, so probably they assume he wants to get the revenge or take her.

As for the trailer angry, determined, hurt it all can fit in what we saw.
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by kroi on Fri 19 May - 3:54

Woah, it seems like a lot of people are worried about Jason's 'rumor'... we don't even know the context and who knows what happens between Ahch-To & whatever is going on with Snoke, etc.?
Plus, here's what Jason wrote on twitter: "Breaking: Guys, take it with a grain of salt."
https://twitter.com/MakingStarWars/status/865332503996911618
kroi
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Fri 19 May - 5:15

@Airemyn wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Airemyn wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

@DarthRen

@Airemyn

@IoJovi

Indeed. I'm very curious about this too.

I was so busy at work today that I forgot about buying Empire!! Sad Any Brits got it?
@Airemyn

Yeah. Nothing special. Just a recap of Star Wars Celebration. Sad
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Fri 19 May - 5:55

I wonder when we'll get the next bout of information about TLJ. And when the trailer is due out. And when the Vanity Fair photos are coming out.

So much mystery! When you think about it, the movie really doesn't come out that long from now.
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened on Fri 19 May - 8:05

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:I don't trust the Ireland/Ahch-To spoilers now because MSW have since said stuff like no evidence of Luke using his lightsaber and they don't think the men in black on Ahch-To are the Knights of Ren. Hopefully Jason and Co will address this in more detail in an upcoming podcast or release more accurate spoilers given what they've found out since the Ireland filming. A lot of what came out of eyewitness reports always sounded too much like headcanon/fan wish list stuff to me. If Rey and Kylo have another confrontation in the 3rd act when he's back with the FO, it seems silly that they would keep seeking each other out and fighting until the ground splits or one fall off a cliff or another gets set upon by porgs or whatever.
@Mrs Ben Solo

I partially agree on this. As we discussed earlier the whole report on KOR fight was too full of details compared to other reports.
Although I do believe some of the fight was filmed at Malin Head, given some other reports, I doubt that the showdown with KOR or some other black guys went the way it was described, as you say it just sounded too much like fan wish list stuff to me.
As well, there's a set photo from the studio of Daisy Ridley holding a saber and standing on some sort of cliff/rock, among the crew holding umbrellas which points to fight in the rain.
It's very hard to tell at this point how all of it fits together.

On the other hand Jason's latest rumor could be legit - the same way all his correct reports from pre TFA period were. However, the lack of context, dialogue and most of all the caracther's motivations were missing, because obviously his sources are not willing (or simply don't know) to give away the bigger picture.

As an example: Jason's report on Han Solo's death:

The facts are this was shot at Pinewood:
•This sequence takes place on the ramparts of The Evil Castle.
•Han Solo is hiding.
•He decides to reveal himself to Kylo Ren.
•Finn, Rey, Chewbacca and BB-8 stop in their tracks.
•They watch as Han Solo confronts Kylo Ren. Kylo Ren silences the conversation forever.
•Chewbacca lets out of a barrage of angry roars and laser blasts.
•Kylo Ren flees the scene.
•Explosions.
•Stormtroopers file in and Finn and Rey are forced to flee.
•More explosions.
•BB-8 and Chewbacca flee to the Falcon.

Han Solo is never in a scene after this. Those are the facts.

Yeah, it does really seem to mirror Obi-Wan Kenobi’s death. It seems like Han Solo knows they’re screwed and he’s buying them time. We have seen documentation this is what was filmed. There is no speculative spin to the above. If there’s anything else to this when the film comes out, I can’t factually say.
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bossbaby on Fri 19 May - 12:36

@ZioRen wrote:I wonder when we'll get the next bout of information about TLJ. And when the trailer is due out. And when the Vanity Fair photos are coming out.

So much mystery! When you think about it, the movie really doesn't come out that long from now.
@ZioRen

Wasn't there supposed to be an article coming out in Empire this week?
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Fri 19 May - 16:06

My biggest skepticism on this: To have both characters switch sides in two hours would be serious, serious storytelling whiplash.

A storyline like: Rey goes to get training from Luke. Rey is disappointed with him. She tells Luke about the shared vision. Luke doesn't want to train her. Kylo shows up, tells her some deep dark secret about Luke and her parents. Due to that and not having any other training option, she leaves with Kylo. And maybe one or the other or both murder Luke on the way out the door. Smile With that storyline (last part optional) you ahve the questions set up for IX .... Will they or won't they? Does Rey pull Kylo to the light, or the other way around? And you sustain motivations.

To pull a double-switch just sounds so much like fanboy headcanon. And when has a Star Wars film ever ended on an actual cliffhanger? While there are always plot points to resolve in the next one, all the films are self-contained. They don't do, or at least haven't done, a ship crashing about to crash into a planet... and cut.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 19 May - 16:13

I suspect Rey and Kylo will either be captured - or let themselves be taken so they can take out Snoke.

Or, more likely, the whole thing is wrong!
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 19 May - 16:15

@DarthRen wrote:
@Airemyn wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

@DarthRen

@Airemyn

He's fighting her, so probably they assume he wants to get the revenge or take her.

As for the trailer angry, determined, hurt it all can fit in what we saw.
@DarthRen

Whenever I see that image of Kylo in my mind I hear Rey saying: "What do you want?" and Kylo replying: "You."
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Fri 19 May - 16:42

@Kylo Men wrote:My biggest skepticism on this: To have both characters switch sides in two hours would be serious, serious storytelling whiplash.

A storyline like: Rey goes to get training from Luke. Rey is disappointed with him. She tells Luke about the shared vision. Luke doesn't want to train her. Kylo shows up, tells her some deep dark secret about Luke and her parents. Due to that and not having any other training option, she leaves with Kylo. And maybe one or the other or both murder Luke on the way out the door. Smile With that storyline (last part optional) you ahve the questions set up for IX .... Will they or won't they? Does Rey pull Kylo to the light, or the other way around? And you sustain motivations.

To pull a double-switch just sounds so much like fanboy headcanon. And when has a Star Wars film ever ended on an actual cliffhanger? While there are always plot points to resolve in the next one, all the films are self-contained. They don't do, or at least haven't done, a ship crashing about to crash into a planet... and cut.
@Kylo Men

They actually did that for the first time in The Force Awakens. The first act of the The Last Jedi is actually going to be the "narrative end" of The Force Awakens and I'm not a fan of it.

I doubt they're going to do that again.
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by bossbaby on Fri 19 May - 17:04

@Piper Maru wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:My biggest skepticism on this: To have both characters switch sides in two hours would be serious, serious storytelling whiplash.

@Kylo Men

They actually did that for the first time in The Force Awakens. The first act of the The Last Jedi is actually going to be the "narrative end" of The Force Awakens and I'm not a fan of it.

I doubt they're going to do that again.
@Piper Maru

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did do something like that again since it stoked up so much hype for TLJ.

Rey's costume/hair change in TLJ (plus the whole training-montage-like shot in the trailer of her practicing with the lightsaber) leads me to believe that there will probably be a time skip during the film. If IX picks up right where TLJ leaves off, they might repeat the whole idea of ending right when something important is about to happen.

However, I HIGHLY doubt the cliffhanger will be a ship about to crash into a planet with several main characters on board. It's obvious all those characters are not going to die, so there's no real suspense there to stoke speculation over the next two years.
bossbaby
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum