ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by vaderito on Fri 19 May - 15:32

@bossbaby Ship about to crash may not be a cliffhanger but simply a scene that will have a resolution in TLJ. Nobody said that it was a cliffhanger, just that there's a scene where the ship is going down with Kylo, Finn, Poe, BB8 aboard. It's like saying "there a scene in ROTS where the ship is going down with Anakin Obi Wan and Palaptine aboard". if you saw part of the scene or have heard about that part, you won't say "and they crash unharmed".

It's like MSW spoiler that "luke's going for Snoke and Rey is going for Kylo." It sounds like a coordinated attack, like, Luke and Rey going "you take one, I take the other" but that may not be the case. TLJ is advertised as "adventures of Rey, Finn and Poe" but they won't do things together, even though the sentence suggests Harry/Ron/Hermione type of a story. So MSW spoiler could mean something like, I dunno, Snoke mind controls Rey and makes her attack Kylo, while Luke figures out what's going on and tries to stop Snoke from Winter Soldiering Rey or both Rey and Kylo. Something. Anything.
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7149
Likes : 34030
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by panki on Fri 19 May - 15:52

I took the whole Luke going for Snoke and Rey going for Kylo as Luke confronting Snoke in the hope of distracting him so his control over Kylo  reduces, giving Rey the opportunity to rescue Kylo, even if it means dragging him back home kicking and screaming.

The crashing ship could be part of this rescue attempt, and I can wager the 4 or 5 of them will get stranded on some inhospitable planet and have to work together to survive, reducing Kylo's atonement arc by making him befriend Finn and Poe.

_________________
avatar
panki
Moderator

Messages : 2824
Likes : 10246
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

http://starwarstheorist.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by DarthRen on Fri 19 May - 16:50

@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Airemyn wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Rey doesn't want to kill him, he doesn't want to kill her, guys, OUR VICTORY IS CLOSE
@Maria Antonietta

In one of the rumours not sure which MSW? Kylo fights her on the cliff with literally no other thought than to harm or take her. Might be his pride at expense of orders of Snoke? Kylo seems also angry in the trailer loooking at someone with the blue lightsaber, possibly this is Rey.
@DarthRen

How do they know Kylo's thoughts? That was an assumption.

He doesn't seem angry at all, more determined to me.
@Airemyn

He's fighting her, so probably they assume he wants to get the revenge or take her.

As for the trailer angry, determined, hurt it all can fit in what we saw.
@DarthRen

Whenever I see that image of Kylo in my mind I hear Rey saying: "What do you want?" and Kylo replying: "You."
@motherofpearl1

True and Iam not trying to dispute that fact but wanting her for what? He's got pretty good reason to be angry for SKB. In his eyes and I do think this is a reasonabe guess. She bertrayed him in his eyes. He opened up to her, being vulnerable and yet she abandonded him.

While Jason might be wrong or interpretate it wrongly, maybe I do too but at least in the beginning it's solid to think he won't be happy to see her, where as she might want to reason with him due to knowing all the details or most of it. Basically switching position from TFA.
avatar
DarthRen
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 458
Likes : 1285
Date d'inscription : 2016-12-05
Age : 28
Localisation : Czech Republic

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Kylo Men on Fri 19 May - 17:15

Thinking a little more about it ..... and I'm still skeptical .... But ... using a storyline another poster suggested earlier:

Let's say the prophecy about Kylo falling in Rey's place is real. Kylo refuses to kill Rey when ordered by Snoke. Out of sympathy for Kylo for having fallen in her place, Rey chooses to go to the dark side. Then Episode IX follows Kylo/Ben and friends trying to save her from that choice ..... I can see that.

I can see that storyline being quite good and I think it's consistent with what we know of the characters. It's certainly better than "Episode IX will be about finding Rey's parents."

Whereas, Kylo refusing to kill Rey and Rey choosing Snoke because she is just deep down evil and we didn't realize it ..... strikes me as cheating (or at least trolling) the audience and mixing things up just because you feel like you have to mix things up. I also think it would prove deeply unpopular.

All that said, making Kylo the hero would make the Reproductive Imperative less imperative with regard to Rey. And therefore make Reylo less likely.

I checked the crew of TFA and TLJ. There is one grip named Michael. I'm deeply skeptical of any rumor from a friend named "Mike." Whether that's confirmation or merely an Internet phony successfully playing the percentages .... who knows.

If this turns out to be true, Mike is going to be thrilled that his friend named him on Reddit.

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 151
Likes : 528
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by motherofpearl1 on Fri 19 May - 17:20

@DarthRen wrote:
@motherofpearl1 wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Airemyn wrote:
@DarthRen wrote:
@Maria Antonietta wrote:Rey doesn't want to kill him, he doesn't want to kill her, guys, OUR VICTORY IS CLOSE
@Maria Antonietta

In one of the rumours not sure which MSW? Kylo fights her on the cliff with literally no other thought than to harm or take her. Might be his pride at expense of orders of Snoke? Kylo seems also angry in the trailer loooking at someone with the blue lightsaber, possibly this is Rey.
@DarthRen

How do they know Kylo's thoughts? That was an assumption.

He doesn't seem angry at all, more determined to me.
@Airemyn

He's fighting her, so probably they assume he wants to get the revenge or take her.

As for the trailer angry, determined, hurt it all can fit in what we saw.
@DarthRen

Whenever I see that image of Kylo in my mind I hear Rey saying: "What do you want?" and Kylo replying: "You."
@motherofpearl1

True and Iam not trying to dispute that fact but wanting her for what? He's got pretty good reason to be angry for SKB. In his eyes and I do think this is a reasonabe guess. She bertrayed him in his eyes. He opened up to her, being vulnerable and yet she abandonded him.

While Jason might be wrong or interpretate it wrongly, maybe I do too but at least in the beginning it's solid to think he won't be happy to see her, where as she might want to reason with him due to knowing all the details or most of it. Basically switching position from TFA.
@DarthRen

That's exactly what I mean - what does he want her for? From his point of view he thinks she rejected him. He's hurt and we all know when he's hurt he's angry. And it's interesting that he's no longer masked.Is it because wants her to see what she's done to him? Because although we don't see him as disfigured Kylo might see himself as disfigured.
This is a very tortured young man.....and love and hate are very similar.
avatar
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1813
Likes : 7420
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Fri 19 May - 17:44

@Kylo Men wrote:Thinking a little more about it ..... and I'm still skeptical .... But ... using a storyline another poster suggested earlier:

Let's say the prophecy about Kylo falling in Rey's place is real. Kylo refuses to kill Rey when ordered by Snoke. Out of sympathy for Kylo for having fallen in her place, Rey chooses to go to the dark side. Then Episode IX follows Kylo/Ben and friends trying to save her from that choice ..... I can see that.

I can see that storyline being quite good and I think it's consistent with what we know of the characters. It's certainly better than "Episode IX will be about finding Rey's parents."

Whereas, Kylo refusing to kill Rey and Rey choosing Snoke because she is just deep down evil and we didn't realize it ..... strikes me as cheating (or at least trolling) the audience and mixing things up just because you feel like you have to mix things up. I also think it would prove deeply unpopular.

All that said, making Kylo the hero would make the Reproductive Imperative less imperative with regard to Rey. And therefore make Reylo less likely.

I checked the crew of TFA and TLJ. There is one grip named Michael. I'm deeply skeptical of any rumor from a friend named "Mike." Whether that's confirmation or merely an Internet phony successfully playing the percentages .... who knows.

If this turns out to be true, Mike is going to be thrilled that his friend named him on Reddit.
@Kylo Men

I agree with a lot of this. If I recall, "Mike" wasn't even the grip who worked on TLJ...it was a fellow grip "friend" of "Mike's". So, while there might be some bits of truth in this, even the OP said that "Mike" got contradictory about certain points (but didn't elaborate on it).

I just can't see them doing a full "dark Rey" thing with her character. If she ends up with Snoke at the end of TLJ, it'll either be involuntary on her part, or she'll be doing it as some sort of sacrifice to the greater good (hmmm...sounds like another character we know)--perhaps even volunteering to go with Snoke to save Luke and/or Kylo.

Even if Kylo ends up rescuing Rey at some point (he'd be another person who "came back" for her), I don't see him ever becoming The Hero over Rey...if anything, I strongly suspect that they'll end up co-heroes by the end--they'll be the ones "finding the balance" together.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4046
Likes : 20959
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Helix on Fri 19 May - 22:31

People in the toy site biz tend to hear things along the grapevine easier and this may be a confirmation that we'll be seeing two of those mystery figures soon.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_The_Black_Series_Retailer_List_Reveals_New_Figures_173720.asp

Could just be the Rebels Black Series Thrawn shown at SWCO, but they said a couple and only one Thrawn set will be a SDCC exclusive. So possible odds of seeing TLJ preview figures at SDCC? Last few years they had the preview FO Stormie and the Jyn, so I can see it happening.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2444
Likes : 9479
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by snufkin on Sat 20 May - 5:14

Marc Bernadin who was one of the LA Times' film critics but now working as writer for JJ Abrams' Castle Rock posted this earlier today. Photos been around before, but this is the source. The steps and tree are definitely there

Millenium Falcon, in a galaxy far far away
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5307
Likes : 22665
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Lily Snape on Sat 20 May - 7:00

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:My imagination is running away with me, even though those spoilers are probably nonsense... If Kylo, Finn, Poe and (possibly) Rose are on a crashing Star destroyer (maybe Snoke's fancy flagship) at the end (with presumably FO officers and storm troopers) what if Kylo could use the force to slow down the descent of the ship? I don't even know if that would be possible with an object of that magnitude (though, only different in your mind, as Yoda would say!) But that would be a spectacular act for Kylo, and talk about showcasing his humanity! Something like that could go some way towards softening Poe, Finn etc opinion of him, plus potentially turning the surviving FO personnel into Resistance allies.

Anyway, those rumours are probably bobbins and my mind always goes to redemption for Kylo because that's what I want above all else. It would be a good set up to enter Ep IX, though, with Rey off with Snoke and Kylo in an (uneasy) alliance with the Resistance.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Other than "I can show you your parents" or "Luke-- and Ben-- killed your parents, so you should come with me," the only way I can see Rey going off with Snoke is like Han Solo going off with Boba Fett. In carbonite. Under duress. Leaving Kylo to turn to the Light, save her friends on the crashing Star Destroyer, and go off to try to save her and redeem himself. Cliffhanger!
avatar
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 257
Likes : 1352
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by vaderito on Sat 20 May - 11:27

@Mrs Ben Solo

My imagination is running away with me, even though those spoilers are probably nonsense... If Kylo, Finn, Poe and (possibly) Rose are on a crashing Star destroyer (maybe Snoke's fancy flagship) at the end (with presumably FO officers and storm troopers) what if Kylo could use the force to slow down the descent of the ship?


You are onto something, IMO, cause using the Force to slow down a crashing ship is something I expected to see in ROTS and it didn't happen. Obi Wan and Anakin didn't even try, while Palaptine looked like he thought he could have done it, but that would have tipped him off, so he stayed put and very concerned. So lets say the rumor is true, cause the scene is spectacular and has enough important characters aboard in the right combination to have the audience gasp. Instead of pulling a ROTS, where exceptional piloting saves the day, we have unusually big, never seen before use of the Force of that magnitude. 
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7149
Likes : 34030
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 20 May - 11:47

@vaderito wrote:@Mrs Ben Solo

My imagination is running away with me, even though those spoilers are probably nonsense... If Kylo, Finn, Poe and (possibly) Rose are on a crashing Star destroyer (maybe Snoke's fancy flagship) at the end (with presumably FO officers and storm troopers) what if Kylo could use the force to slow down the descent of the ship?


You are onto something, IMO, cause using the Force to slow down a crashing ship is something I expected to see in ROTS and it didn't happen. Obi Wan and Anakin didn't even try, while Palaptine looked like he thought he could have done it, but that would have tipped him off, so he stayed put and very concerned. So lets say the rumor is true, cause the scene is spectacular and has enough important characters aboard in the right combination to have the audience gasp. Instead of pulling a ROTS, where exceptional piloting saves the day, we have unusually big, never seen before use of the Force of that magnitude. 
@vaderito

Yes, and Kylo seems to be able to use the Force in ways we didn't even imagine it (freezing a blaster shot in mid-air and a whole person, reading other people's minds with ease). In The Art of the Force Awakens there's a concept art of "Jedi Killer" throwing asteroids at a ship with the Force. So I don't think it's impossible they would go there.
avatar
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 790
Likes : 5606
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by vaderito on Sat 20 May - 12:20

@Piper Maru wrote:


Yes, and Kylo seems to be able to use the Force in ways we didn't even imagine it (freezing a blaster shot in mid-air and a whole person, reading other people's minds with ease). In The Art of the Force Awakens there's a concept art of "Jedi Killer" throwing asteroids at a ship with the Force. So I don't think it's impossible they would go there.
@Piper Maru

Damn, I want to see that!
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7149
Likes : 34030
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by ZioRen on Sat 20 May - 13:13

@vaderito wrote:@Mrs Ben Solo

My imagination is running away with me, even though those spoilers are probably nonsense... If Kylo, Finn, Poe and (possibly) Rose are on a crashing Star destroyer (maybe Snoke's fancy flagship) at the end (with presumably FO officers and storm troopers) what if Kylo could use the force to slow down the descent of the ship?


You are onto something, IMO, cause using the Force to slow down a crashing ship is something I expected to see in ROTS and it didn't happen. Obi Wan and Anakin didn't even try, while Palaptine looked like he thought he could have done it, but that would have tipped him off, so he stayed put and very concerned. So lets say the rumor is true, cause the scene is spectacular and has enough important characters aboard in the right combination to have the audience gasp. Instead of pulling a ROTS, where exceptional piloting saves the day, we have unusually big, never seen before use of the Force of that magnitude. 
@vaderito

Nobody would ever whine about Kylo being weak again if this happened, that's for sure. Laughing
avatar
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1035
Likes : 6451
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-28

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 20 May - 13:26

@vaderito wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:


Yes, and Kylo seems to be able to use the Force in ways we didn't even imagine it (freezing a blaster shot in mid-air and a whole person, reading other people's minds with ease). In The Art of the Force Awakens there's a concept art of "Jedi Killer" throwing asteroids at a ship with the Force. So I don't think it's impossible they would go there.
@Piper Maru

Damn, I want to see that!
@vaderito

Here, took a picture of my book for you. Sorry for the resolution though, my phone camera sucks.

avatar
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Messages : 790
Likes : 5606
Date d'inscription : 2017-01-15
Age : 26
Localisation : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors - 16

Post by vaderito on Sat 20 May - 13:47

@Piper Maru That's amazing! I hope we get such craziness from Kylo and Rey! It seems to me that concept art for TFA had much better ideas than what the movie ended up with.

@ZioRen True but what if Kylo stops the ship from falling while crying cause Rey left him for Snoke?  lol!
avatar
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 7149
Likes : 34030
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum