Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Maria Antonietta on Mon 15 May 2017, 2:03 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:Want to have a laugh, read this. Jumping to the conclusion that Kylo will die at the hands of Luke based on... Duh, the poster and Pablo's tweet on gray Jedi. Come on, it makes sense! Don't you see the dots linking it all together? I want to be an online journalist in another life.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/star-wars-viii-plot-rumours-kylo-ren-meet-his-demise-last-jedi-726632
@SanghaRen

Their source is mike zeroh, unbelievable, right?
avatar
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2666
Likes : 11844
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31
Localisation : Italia

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by snufkin on Mon 15 May 2017, 2:03 pm

Why is Kylo holding a cricket bat?
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6126
Likes : 26712
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by EchoBase on Mon 15 May 2017, 2:07 pm

@SanghaRen wrote:Want to have a laugh, read this. Jumping to the conclusion that Kylo will die at the hands of Luke based on... Duh, the poster and Pablo's tweet on gray Jedi. Come on, it makes sense! Don't you see the dots linking it all together? I want to be an online journalist in another life.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/star-wars-viii-plot-rumours-kylo-ren-meet-his-demise-last-jedi-726632
@SanghaRen

This is the best part:

"But the poster of Star Wars VIII portrays the Jedi Master's face in red representing the dark side. The prominence of the image also indicates that he is the new villain, who will defeat Adam Driver's character to become the loyal servant of Supreme Leader Snoke."

So Kylo dies and Luke is the new villain AND the loyal servant of Snoke Laughing
Dear LFL if you really want to piss every single fan off, then do this lol.


Oh oh wait I got it. Kylo dies, Luke's turn evil and it's Rey's mission to bring her father back to the light side Razz.


Last edited by EchoBase on Mon 15 May 2017, 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2586
Likes : 10789
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by IoJovi on Mon 15 May 2017, 2:41 pm

@EchoBase wrote:
@SanghaRen wrote:Want to have a laugh, read this. Jumping to the conclusion that Kylo will die at the hands of Luke based on... Duh, the poster and Pablo's tweet on gray Jedi. Come on, it makes sense! Don't you see the dots linking it all together? I want to be an online journalist in another life.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/star-wars-viii-plot-rumours-kylo-ren-meet-his-demise-last-jedi-726632
@SanghaRen

This is the best part:

"But the poster of Star Wars VIII portrays the Jedi Master's face in red representing the dark side. The prominence of the image also indicates that he is the new villain, who will defeat Adam Driver's character to become the loyal servant of Supreme Leader Snoke."

So Kylo dies and Luke is the new villain AND the loyal servant of Snoke Laughing
Dear LFL if you really want piss every single fan off, then do this lol.


Oh oh wait I got it. Kylo dies, Luke's turn evil and it's Rey's mission to bring her father back to the light side Razz.
@EchoBase

lol!

Yep. We talk about how not every single fan is going to be satisfied by the Sequel Trilogy, but my god if they want to alienate EVERYONE, and I mean everyone - Luke fans, Kylo fans, both Reylo and Reywalker fans all in a single shot, this would be how it's done.

I don't know who this person is or where they came from, but I want to congratulate them on breaking the Internet.
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6470
Likes : 36519
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Rimfaxe96 on Mon 15 May 2017, 3:50 pm



How can you be that retarded delusional?
avatar
Rimfaxe96
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1055
Likes : 5980
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 21
Localisation : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Gemini on Mon 15 May 2017, 4:17 pm

Has anyone asked Pablo about the rey harbinger thing?
avatar
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2359
Likes : 9965
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Helix on Mon 15 May 2017, 4:23 pm

@snufkin wrote:Why is Kylo holding a cricket bat?
@snufkin

It's to beat Mike Zeroh with.
avatar
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2493
Likes : 10416
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by snufkin on Mon 15 May 2017, 4:34 pm

@Helix wrote:
@snufkin wrote:Why is Kylo holding a cricket bat?
@snufkin

It's to beat Mike Zeroh with.
@Helix

Good answer! Better one that the friend who came to visit me when I was in Peace Corps and asked a local guide at museum we were touring why there were "bread paddles" on display (bad question for a place that prides itself on producing some of the best Cricket players in the world).
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6126
Likes : 26712
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by jakkusun on Thu 18 May 2017, 3:25 am

Idk where to put this. It isn't even important but the way they announced on the Star Wars show that the name Kylo jumped in popularity is funny xD they called it "breaking news" and anthony carboni called Kylo his "sad, perfect boy." Lol what r u doin Star Wars show.

.
avatar
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 526
Likes : 2738
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by EchoBase on Thu 18 May 2017, 4:01 am

@jakkusun wrote:Idk where to put this. It isn't even important but the way they announced on the Star Wars show that the name Kylo jumped in popularity is funny xD they called it "breaking news" and anthony carboni called Kylo his "sad, perfect boy." Lol what r u doin Star Wars show.

.
@jakkusun

Thanks for this. I didn't know, is he such a fan of him? This made me smile. Always makes me smile when I find out that Kylo's got fans in the "Star Wars universe" (I mean, one of his biggest fangirling fanboys is John Boyega himself, right?)
avatar
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 2586
Likes : 10789
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by nemapasara on Thu 18 May 2017, 5:53 am

@EchoBase wrote:
@jakkusun wrote:Idk where to put this. It isn't even important but the way they announced on the Star Wars show that the name Kylo jumped in popularity is funny xD they called it "breaking news" and anthony carboni called Kylo his "sad, perfect boy." Lol what r u doin Star Wars show.

.
@jakkusun

Thanks for this. I didn't know, is he such a fan of him? This made me smile. Always makes me smile when I find out that Kylo's got fans in the "Star Wars universe" (I mean, one of his biggest fangirling fanboys is John Boyega himself, right?)
@EchoBase

I think he is! He's the one who was gushing about his "beautiful, beautiful tortured boy" during an interview with the Battlefront II guys.
avatar
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 442
Likes : 3025
Date d'inscription : 2016-05-15
Localisation : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Sacrebleu on Thu 18 May 2017, 6:48 am

@nemapasara wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:Thanks for this. I didn't know, is he such a fan of him? This made me smile. Always makes me smile when I find out that Kylo's got fans in the "Star Wars universe" (I mean, one of his biggest fangirling fanboys is John Boyega himself, right?)
@EchoBase

I think he is! He's the one who was gushing about his "beautiful, beautiful tortured boy" during an interview with the Battlefront II guys.
@nemapasara

This is it in a nutshell.  I think the whole aim of the filmmakers in regard to Kylo's characterization was to depict him as tortured, not evil.  And it flew right over many heads.


Last edited by Sacrebleu on Thu 18 May 2017, 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sacrebleu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 344
Likes : 1258
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Saracene on Thu 18 May 2017, 7:08 am

@Sacrebleu wrote:This is it in a nutshell.  I think the whole aim of the filmmakers in regard to Kylo's characterization was to depict him as tortured, not evil.  And it flew right over many heads.
@Sacrebleu

To be fair, I don't think it flew over the heads as much as some people just don't really care about the tortured bit and instead judge Kylo on his (bad) actions.
avatar
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1543
Likes : 9511
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 37
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Sacrebleu on Thu 18 May 2017, 7:12 am

@Saracene wrote:
@Sacrebleu wrote:This is it in a nutshell.  I think the whole aim of the filmmakers in regard to Kylo's characterization was to depict him as tortured, not evil.  And it flew right over many heads.
@Sacrebleu

To be fair, I don't think it flew over the heads as much as some people just don't really care about the tortured bit and instead judge Kylo on his (bad) actions.
@Saracene

I definitely believe that's a true statement for some people, but I've seen many who think Kylo deliberately lured his father out onto the catwalk, pretended to consider his father's offer to get him closer and make him vulnerable, happily dispatched him, and then showed absolutely no remorse afterward.  When I read this kind of thing, I'm like "huh?" WTH
avatar
Sacrebleu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 344
Likes : 1258
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Saracene on Thu 18 May 2017, 7:17 am

@Sacrebleu wrote:
@Saracene wrote:
@Sacrebleu wrote:This is it in a nutshell.  I think the whole aim of the filmmakers in regard to Kylo's characterization was to depict him as tortured, not evil.  And it flew right over many heads.
@Sacrebleu

To be fair, I don't think it flew over the heads as much as some people just don't really care about the tortured bit and instead judge Kylo on his (bad) actions.
@Saracene

I definitely believe that's a true statement for some people, but I've seen many who think Kylo deliberately lured his father out onto the catwalk, pretended to consider his father's offer to get him closer and make him vulnerable, happily dispatched him, and then showed absolutely no remorse afterward.  When I read this kind of thing, I'm like "huh?" WTH
@Sacrebleu

Hah yes I've seen this line of thinking as well. It just dumbfounds me and makes me question people's abilities to read facial expressions.

Funnily enough, my ex-boyfriend readily admitted that he wasn't very good at discerning characters' facial expressions, and would sometimes ask me why this or that character was feeling/acting the way they did.
avatar
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1543
Likes : 9511
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-27
Age : 37
Localisation : Melbourne

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Sacrebleu on Thu 18 May 2017, 7:45 am

@Saracene wrote:
@Sacrebleu wrote:
@Saracene wrote:
@Sacrebleu wrote:This is it in a nutshell.  I think the whole aim of the filmmakers in regard to Kylo's characterization was to depict him as tortured, not evil.  And it flew right over many heads.
@Sacrebleu

To be fair, I don't think it flew over the heads as much as some people just don't really care about the tortured bit and instead judge Kylo on his (bad) actions.
@Saracene

I definitely believe that's a true statement for some people, but I've seen many who think Kylo deliberately lured his father out onto the catwalk, pretended to consider his father's offer to get him closer and make him vulnerable, happily dispatched him, and then showed absolutely no remorse afterward.  When I read this kind of thing, I'm like "huh?" WTH
@Sacrebleu

Hah yes I've seen this line of thinking as well. It just dumbfounds me and makes me question people's abilities to read facial expressions.

Funnily enough, my ex-boyfriend readily admitted that he wasn't very good at discerning characters' facial expressions, and would sometimes ask me why this or that character was feeling/acting the way they did.
@Saracene

I'm pretty certain I once read in an evolutionary psychology book that women are generally better than men at reading facial expressions, emotions, etc. Might be something to that!
avatar
Sacrebleu
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 344
Likes : 1258
Date d'inscription : 2016-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Thu 18 May 2017, 9:00 am

@Saracene My husband doesn't get it either confused

In fact, all the guys I've discussed Kylo with think he's just evil, but weak, and will only continue to get stronger until he's finally, "Like Vader." I'm like, "Then what?" It'll be just like the ending of Revenge of the Sith.
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1256
Likes : 5891
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by snufkin on Mon 22 May 2017, 11:52 am

If you have the time, Christopher McQuarrie (the Usual Suspects) started a long thread on Twitter were he's been asking questions of several filmmakers, including Rian Johnson. Others include Ava Duvernay, Edgar Wright, William Friedkin, and James Mangold. Sorry, nothing TLJ or Star Wars related. But it's been really fun reading their answers about images, art, inspiration and even editing technique/filmmaking insecurities


avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6126
Likes : 26712
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-16
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 22 May 2017, 9:02 pm

Someone on reddit dug up this nearly-a-year-old IG from Rian Johnson, which may or my not have more meaning now:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHX2hQcBwkK/

avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4823
Likes : 25320
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Mon 22 May 2017, 9:23 pm

Sorry for the DP, but I wanted to share this one, too. Mark, Rian, and Laura Dern all attended a scoring session with John Williams:

avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 4823
Likes : 25320
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Mon 22 May 2017, 9:24 pm

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:Someone on reddit dug up this nearly-a-year-old IG from Rian Johnson, which may or my not have more meaning now:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHX2hQcBwkK/

@ISeeAnIsland

Loves Stormtrooper? Lol she is gonna have a romance with Finn Wink
avatar
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1527
Likes : 8598
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by SheLitAFire on Mon 22 May 2017, 10:16 pm

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@Saracene My husband doesn't get it either confused

In fact, all the guys I've discussed Kylo with think he's just evil, but weak, and will only continue to get stronger until he's finally, "Like Vader." I'm like, "Then what?" It'll be just like the ending of Revenge of the Sith.
@Cowgirlsamurai

My husband is actually really receptive to the 1. the redemption of Ben, 2. Ben as a nuanced character, and 3. even Reylo. As of right now he doesn't specifically subscribe to a romantic Reylo but he can see that it might be a possibility. He definitely thinks there is SOME kind of connection there that will be developed and not a familial one. More so, my husband thinks the Kylo bashing is ridiculous. He's never been one to think in "black and white" terms. I also told him about the Reylo bashing which he rolled his eyes and that I've seen some people say Rey can't be a strong female character if they give her a romantic arc, to which he also rolled his eyes. He wants there to be a lot of complicated story lines and character development. He hasn't been as active as I have been in looking at spoilers or any of the discussion boards (he's on reddit more, so maybe he's looked at stuff there), but I tell him about the things people discuss on here and he's always been really open to it.

_________________
JJ Abrams, please bring back bridal carrying Kylo Ren Ben Solo.
avatar
SheLitAFire
Moderator

Messages : 1055
Likes : 3896
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-15
Age : 31
Localisation : pushing Rey out of the way to take Ben's hand

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by IoJovi on Mon 22 May 2017, 10:19 pm

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@Saracene My husband doesn't get it either confused

In fact, all the guys I've discussed Kylo with think he's just evil, but weak, and will only continue to get stronger until he's finally, "Like Vader." I'm like, "Then what?" It'll be just like the ending of Revenge of the Sith.
@Cowgirlsamurai

My husband is actually really receptive to the 1. the redemption of Ben, 2. Ben as a nuanced character, and 3. even Reylo. As of right now he doesn't specifically subscribe to a romantic Reylo but he can see that it might be a possibility. He definitely thinks there is SOME kind of connection there that will be developed and not a familial one. More so, my husband thinks the Kylo bashing is ridiculous. He's never been one to think in "black and white" terms. I also told him about the Reylo bashing which he rolled his eyes and that I've seen some people say Rey can't be a strong female character if they give her a romantic arc, to which he also rolled his eyes. He wants there to be a lot of complicated story lines and character development. He hasn't been as active as I have been in looking at spoilers or any of the discussion boards (he's on reddit more, so maybe he's looked at stuff there), but I tell him about the things people discuss on here and he's always been really open to it.
@SheLitAFire

Yours is better than mine at the moment.  Every time I *think* he's coming around, he goes back to square one, which is Rey Solo (and not by marriage.)

*SIgh*

Someday.... Laughing

At least he STRONGLY believes in Kylo's redemption, which he said you'd have to be an idiot not to expect (his words.). I have to give him credit where credit is due...
avatar
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 6470
Likes : 36519
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Mon 22 May 2017, 11:40 pm

@IoJovi wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@Saracene My husband doesn't get it either confused

In fact, all the guys I've discussed Kylo with think he's just evil, but weak, and will only continue to get stronger until he's finally, "Like Vader." I'm like, "Then what?" It'll be just like the ending of Revenge of the Sith.
@Cowgirlsamurai

My husband is actually really receptive to the 1. the redemption of Ben, 2. Ben as a nuanced character, and 3. even Reylo. As of right now he doesn't specifically subscribe to a romantic Reylo but he can see that it might be a possibility. He definitely thinks there is SOME kind of connection there that will be developed and not a familial one. More so, my husband thinks the Kylo bashing is ridiculous. He's never been one to think in "black and white" terms. I also told him about the Reylo bashing which he rolled his eyes and that I've seen some people say Rey can't be a strong female character if they give her a romantic arc, to which he also rolled his eyes. He wants there to be a lot of complicated story lines and character development. He hasn't been as active as I have been in looking at spoilers or any of the discussion boards (he's on reddit more, so maybe he's looked at stuff there), but I tell him about the things people discuss on here and he's always been really open to it.
@SheLitAFire

Yours is better than mine at the moment.  Every time I *think* he's coming around, he goes back to square one, which is Rey Solo (and not by marriage.)

*SIgh*

Someday.... Laughing

At least he STRONGLY believes in Kylo's redemption, which he said you'd have to be an idiot not to expect (his words.). I have to give him credit where credit is due...
@IoJovi

I'm jealous of you both!!! My husband is the most basic Star Wars fan, and not up for speculating at all. He doesn't think you should read too much into things, and just take the films at face value. I tried to show him some theory videos on YouTube that go over how all of us here think things are going to go (without focusing on Reylo, because any hint at a YA type romance could throw him off), and his only reaction was, "What's the point? We'll find out what happens when the next movie comes out."  pale  ::heartbreak:: I so want him to be my Star Wars buddy, but I really can't talk to him about it at all. So thank you all for interacting with me, because no one I know is into it enough to theorize. I just lent my casual fan friend the TFA novel, though, so I'm hoping she has a revelation  sunny
Enough husband bashing. I love him to death, but I wish I could convert him. He supports my interest, but can't join in much. I will drag his butt to a midnight showing of TLJ though. I love you
avatar
Cowgirlsamurai
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1256
Likes : 5891
Date d'inscription : 2017-03-30
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Kylo Men on Tue 23 May 2017, 3:20 am

@IoJovi wrote:
@EchoBase wrote:
Yep.  We talk about how not every single fan is going to be satisfied by the Sequel Trilogy, but my god if they want to alienate EVERYONE, and I mean everyone - Luke fans, Kylo fans, both Reylo and Reywalker fans all in a single shot, this would be how it's done.

I don't know who this person is or where they came from, but I want to congratulate them on breaking the Internet.  
@IoJovi

Actually, if Rey betrays Kylo and goes off with Snoke, per rumor, without it being for sympathetic reasons, that will probably tick off everybody.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 501
Likes : 1845
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-09

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum