Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by IoJovi on Tue 23 May 2017 - 22:17

@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:@Saracene My husband doesn't get it either confused

In fact, all the guys I've discussed Kylo with think he's just evil, but weak, and will only continue to get stronger until he's finally, "Like Vader." I'm like, "Then what?" It'll be just like the ending of Revenge of the Sith.
@Cowgirlsamurai

My husband is actually really receptive to the 1. the redemption of Ben, 2. Ben as a nuanced character, and 3. even Reylo. As of right now he doesn't specifically subscribe to a romantic Reylo but he can see that it might be a possibility. He definitely thinks there is SOME kind of connection there that will be developed and not a familial one. More so, my husband thinks the Kylo bashing is ridiculous. He's never been one to think in "black and white" terms. I also told him about the Reylo bashing which he rolled his eyes and that I've seen some people say Rey can't be a strong female character if they give her a romantic arc, to which he also rolled his eyes. He wants there to be a lot of complicated story lines and character development. He hasn't been as active as I have been in looking at spoilers or any of the discussion boards (he's on reddit more, so maybe he's looked at stuff there), but I tell him about the things people discuss on here and he's always been really open to it.
@SheLitAFire

Yours is better than mine at the moment.  Every time I *think* he's coming around, he goes back to square one, which is Rey Solo (and not by marriage.)

*SIgh*

Someday.... Laughing

At least he STRONGLY believes in Kylo's redemption, which he said you'd have to be an idiot not to expect (his words.). I have to give him credit where credit is due...
@IoJovi

I'm jealous of you both!!! My husband is the most basic Star Wars fan, and not up for speculating at all. He doesn't think you should read too much into things, and just take the films at face value. I tried to show him some theory videos on YouTube that go over how all of us here think things are going to go (without focusing on Reylo, because any hint at a YA type romance could throw him off), and his only reaction was, "What's the point? We'll find out what happens when the next movie comes out."  pale  ::heartbreak:: I so want him to be my Star Wars buddy, but I really can't talk to him about it at all. So thank you all for interacting with me, because no one I know is into it enough to theorize. I just lent my casual fan friend the TFA novel, though, so I'm hoping she has a revelation  sunny
Enough husband bashing. I love him to death, but I wish I could convert him. He supports my interest, but can't join in much. I will drag his butt to a midnight showing of TLJ though. I love you
@Cowgirlsamurai

To be fair, my husband is probably closer to yours than an adamant Rey Soloist.  He reasoning for Rey Solo is about as surface as it gets - Han finishes her sentences and Chewie likes her.  Laughing

Otherwise he's telling me that while it's okay to speculate, he'll just wait for VIII to come out and he'll know then.

He seriously does not understand my obsession.

My mom on the other hand...
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire on Wed 24 May 2017 - 0:50

@IoJovi wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:

In fact, all the guys I've discussed Kylo with think he's just evil, but weak, and will only continue to get stronger until he's finally, "Like Vader." I'm like, "Then what?" It'll be just like the ending of Revenge of the Sith.
@Cowgirlsamurai

My husband is actually really receptive to the 1. the redemption of Ben, 2. Ben as a nuanced character, and 3. even Reylo. As of right now he doesn't specifically subscribe to a romantic Reylo but he can see that it might be a possibility. He definitely thinks there is SOME kind of connection there that will be developed and not a familial one. More so, my husband thinks the Kylo bashing is ridiculous. He's never been one to think in "black and white" terms. I also told him about the Reylo bashing which he rolled his eyes and that I've seen some people say Rey can't be a strong female character if they give her a romantic arc, to which he also rolled his eyes. He wants there to be a lot of complicated story lines and character development. He hasn't been as active as I have been in looking at spoilers or any of the discussion boards (he's on reddit more, so maybe he's looked at stuff there), but I tell him about the things people discuss on here and he's always been really open to it.
@SheLitAFire

Yours is better than mine at the moment.  Every time I *think* he's coming around, he goes back to square one, which is Rey Solo (and not by marriage.)

*SIgh*

Someday.... Laughing

At least he STRONGLY believes in Kylo's redemption, which he said you'd have to be an idiot not to expect (his words.). I have to give him credit where credit is due...
@IoJovi

I'm jealous of you both!!! My husband is the most basic Star Wars fan, and not up for speculating at all. He doesn't think you should read too much into things, and just take the films at face value. I tried to show him some theory videos on YouTube that go over how all of us here think things are going to go (without focusing on Reylo, because any hint at a YA type romance could throw him off), and his only reaction was, "What's the point? We'll find out what happens when the next movie comes out."  pale  ::heartbreak:: I so want him to be my Star Wars buddy, but I really can't talk to him about it at all. So thank you all for interacting with me, because no one I know is into it enough to theorize. I just lent my casual fan friend the TFA novel, though, so I'm hoping she has a revelation  sunny
Enough husband bashing. I love him to death, but I wish I could convert him. He supports my interest, but can't join in much. I will drag his butt to a midnight showing of TLJ though. I love you
@Cowgirlsamurai

To be fair, my husband is probably closer to yours than an adamant Rey Soloist.  He reasoning for Rey Solo is about as surface as it gets - Han finishes her sentences and Chewie likes her.  Laughing

Otherwise he's telling me that while it's okay to speculate, he'll just wait for VIII to come out and he'll know then.

@IoJovi

My husband says it would be a boring story if Ben wasn't redeemed & shades of light and dark. I'm really appreciative that he's so open minded Very Happy
After TFA came out I was told by "hard core" Star Wars fans (both male) that "obviously Rey is Luke's daughter." And the way one of them said it was extremely condescending (a man older than me, in his 40s or 50s). I was so surprised by the way he answered that I didn't think of a good comeback at the moment, but I wish I would have just said "obviously you've never heard of a red herring approach" Neutral
Recently I was able to school that same man after the teaser trailer came out and he was like "grey Jedi, what's that?" and so I explained the concept and he was like "well apparently you have more knowledge of Star Wars than I do" Laughing (which is funny because I don't consider myself to have that much knowledge, I've only ever seen the movies & been on this message board, I haven't watched any of the other shows or read the books, but it still felt good to school him!)

You think your dreams the same as mine.
I don't love you and I always will.
I wish you'd hold me when I turn my back,
I don't have a choice, I'd still choose you."
Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars

SheLitAFire

Localisation : wishing I was a fly on the wall at JJ's pitch meeting to Bob Iger

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide on Wed 24 May 2017 - 4:41

@SheLitAFire wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Cowgirlsamurai wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@SheLitAFire wrote:

@Cowgirlsamurai

@SheLitAFire

*SIgh*

Someday.... Laughing

@IoJovi

@Cowgirlsamurai

@IoJovi

My husband says it would be a boring story if Ben wasn't redeemed & shades of light and dark. I'm really appreciative that he's so open minded Very Happy
After TFA came out I was told by "hard core" Star Wars fans (both male) that "obviously Rey is Luke's daughter." And the way one of them said it was extremely condescending (a man older than me, in his 40s or 50s). I was so surprised by the way he answered that I didn't think of a good comeback at the moment, but I wish I would have just said "obviously you've never heard of a red herring approach" Neutral
Recently I was able to school that same man after the teaser trailer came out and he was like "grey Jedi, what's that?" and so I explained the concept and he was like "well apparently you have more knowledge of Star Wars than I do" Laughing (which is funny because I don't consider myself to have that much knowledge, I've only ever seen the movies & been on this message board, I haven't watched any of the other shows or read the books, but it still felt good to school him!)
@SheLitAFire

He probably also thought Darth Vader had literally killed Anakin Skywalker.
I am one of the oldie fans and I went in thinking Rey and Kylo would be related, blah blah.
But, because I have *eyes*, I saw that was highly unlikely and kept an open mind.
I'm glad they are doing something different.
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 25 May 2017 - 8:32

Does this tweet from PH suggest Kylo will still be wearing a mask at times in TLJ? https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/867490050258472961

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel on Thu 25 May 2017 - 8:41

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Does this tweet from PH suggest Kylo will still be wearing a mask at times in TLJ? https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/867490050258472961
@Mrs Ben Solo

Possibly...it seems to suggest there's more to his "attire" than we've seen, which could include a helmet. Perhaps he uses a (new) helmet initially, then removes it. Or I could see him getting a new one for a specific event/purpose...perhaps if he gets all decked out with his KOR (since they all wear helmets too). Maybe in his initials scene with them if there is one?

Although I hope he doesn't start wearing a helmet on a regular basis again. I can't see him wearing the helmet extensively in TLJ.

Last edited by Kessel on Thu 25 May 2017 - 8:44; edited 1 time in total
Kessel
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Thu 25 May 2017 - 8:44

Mrs Ben Solo wrote:Does this tweet from PH suggest Kylo will still be wearing a mask at times in TLJ? https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/867490050258472961
@Mrs Ben Solo

I thought it was pretty obvious that Kylo needs to wear his helmet in TLJ at some point so he can break it...
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Thu 25 May 2017 - 8:44

@Kessel wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

Possibly...it seem to suggest there's more to his "attire" than we've seen, which could include a helmet. Perhaps he uses a (new) helmet initially, then removes it. Or I could see him getting a new one for a specific purpose...perhaps if he gets all decked out with his KOR (since they all wear helmets too). Although I hope he doesn't start wearing a helmet on a regular basis again.
@Kessel

It would make sense for him to wear a mask for at least part of the movie--even if only a scene or two--given that MSW had the report on Kylo's new mask. It's possible that it was made only to have him immediately smash it, but for some source to tell the MSW guys about it, it would make sense for it to be worn at least a little.

But with all of the Maskless! Kylo marketing, I'd think that he's probably maskless for most of the movie...otherwise the marketing angle would be playing up the bada**-looking masked Kylo more.
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito on Thu 25 May 2017 - 8:46

I have hard time imagining how the helmet fits with his regular collar. His old suit had the collar specifically for the helmet.
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Thu 25 May 2017 - 9:21

Eh. I'm still thinking while we do see the mask in at least one scene, it gets destroyed very early on. It wouldn't surprise me if this was in the first 10 minutes of the film.
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by creepi0 on Thu 25 May 2017 - 17:55

I remembered MSW reporting that Kylo ren mask will have minor improvement in episode 8 and Isn't episode 8 have been rumored to be flashback heavy ? if it true his mask definitely will appear again in the movie, possibly in flashback scene where his mask doesn't have scratch and dent all over it.
creepi0
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen on Thu 25 May 2017 - 20:34

Nothing earthbreaking but Pablo clearly debunked BDT playing Thrawn and Ezra Bridger.

SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Fri 26 May 2017 - 1:31

They should keep the same helmet. It's iconic.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jakkusun on Sat 27 May 2017 - 4:41

https://twitter.com/johnboyega/status/868163527474806785

Ahh John Boyega tweeted about hugging Adam driver Very Happy he responded to a gif of him hugging Harrison ford and said it was the same. XD
jakkusun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Sat 27 May 2017 - 4:46

Looks like Mark's doing a bit of damage control on Twitter.
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman on Sat 27 May 2017 - 4:47

About....Vanity fair?

Birdwoman
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara on Sat 27 May 2017 - 4:49

No about the "fundamentally disagreeing with what Rian did with Luke". But he's had a few tweets with the hashtag #WaitForVIII. Just finding it funny, nothing major.
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 27 May 2017 - 5:30

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 27 May 2017 - 5:33

Explain to me what his reply means, thanks Very Happy
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Sat 27 May 2017 - 5:38

LMFAO, "don't call me Shirley".

Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 27 May 2017 - 5:40

@Maria Antonietta wrote:Explain to me what his reply means, thanks Very Happy
@Maria Antonietta

"Don't call me Shirley" is a joke from the movie "Airplane". When someone uses "surely you..." in a sentence, the response is "Don't call me Shirley", a common woman's name.
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase on Sat 27 May 2017 - 5:46

This is so sweet:

EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Sat 27 May 2017 - 5:47

He's dodging the question. This is good news. He could have just came right out and said it...

Today is a much better day indeed...
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Antonietta on Sat 27 May 2017 - 5:58

@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

"Don't call me Shirley" is a joke from the movie "Airplane". When someone uses "surely you..." in a sentence, the response is "Don't call me Shirley", a common woman's name.
@MeadowofAshes

So basically, he dodged Very Happy
Maria Antonietta
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes on Sat 27 May 2017 - 6:04

@Maria Antonietta wrote:
@MeadowofAshes wrote:
@Maria Antonietta

@MeadowofAshes

So basically, he dodged Very Happy
@Maria Antonietta

Yeah, basically. Very Happy
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Sat 27 May 2017 - 6:24

Mark doing damage control for his "fundamentally disagreed with Rian" quote:

ISeeAnIsland