Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 20 Jun - 0:35

Let me just tell something here in case someone freaks out:

TPTB had thousands of opportunities to debunk Reylo, and yet they never did. Pablo loathes shipping culture & Kylo as a character, he constantly makes fun of Kylux shippers, and yet he never said a single word to Reylo. We had Judi Dench asking what's the deal with Reylo, Daisy Ridley liking Reylo fanart on instagram & bringing up as a "hot topic" on a talk show. We had Claudia Grey, who worked closely with Rian Johnson to write Bloodline saying on twitter that she ships Reylo. Matt Martin compared Reylo to the plot twist in Empire Strikes Back. And of course, #RomanceGate happened and all hell broke loose, Rian had to clarify his statement on twitter and the journalist had to publish the transcript of his interview (journalists never do that unless their editor tells them to).

So yeah, Matt Martin is not going to "destroy" anything. He probably just thought the tweet was funny (I even laughed at it).
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun - 0:38

@Piper Maru wrote:Let me just tell something here in case someone freaks out:

TPTB had thousands of opportunities to debunk Reylo, and yet they never did. Pablo loathes shipping culture & Kylo as a character, he constantly makes fun of Kylux shippers, and yet he never said a single word to Reylo. We had Judi Dench asking what's the deal with Reylo, Daisy Ridley liking Reylo fanart on instagram & bringing up as a "hot topic" on a talk show. We had Claudia Grey, who worked closely with Rian Johnson to write Bloodline saying on twitter that she ships Reylo. Matt Martin compared Reylo to the plot twist in Empire Strikes Back. And of course, #RomanceGate happened and all hell broke loose, Rian had to clarify his statement on twitter and the journalist had to publish the transcript of his interview (journalists never do that unless their editor tells them to).

So yeah, Matt Martin is not going to "destroy" anything. He probably just thought the tweet was funny (I even laughed at it).
@Piper Maru

Thank you for this. I rarely ever have freak outs, but when I saw this, it made my heart sink. Some days the rollercoaster is fun and other days I want off this ride before I throw up...

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Tue 20 Jun - 0:43

It is probably worth mentioning that Matt Martin likes tweets a lot. Just about every time I've tweeted him, he has liked it. As with his tweets that appear supportive of Reylo, it could mean everything or nothing. If we freak out over everything we will be worn out come December!
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 20 Jun - 0:43

@IoJovi wrote:

@Piper Maru

Thank you for this. I rarely ever have freak outs, but when I saw this, it made my heart sink. Some days the rollercoaster is fun and other days I want off this ride before I throw up...
@IoJovi

Haha I understand.

I actually found the tweet pretty funny myself, so I didn't read too much into it. I keep thinking of the opportunities they had to debunk Reylo just like Boyega did with Finnrey, KK with Stormpilot and Pablo with Kylux (lol), and here we are.

Even if Reylo is not a full blown romance, there's *something* going on between Rey and Kylo, and that's why everything about them is kept under wraps.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 20 Jun - 0:47

@IoJovi wrote:

@Piper Maru

Thank you for this.  I rarely ever have freak outs, but when I saw this, it made my heart sink.  Some days the rollercoaster is fun and other days I want off this ride before I throw up...
@IoJovi

I've been here for three days and I've already seen Trevorrowgate and now this. ROFL
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowgirlsamurai on Tue 20 Jun - 0:55

@Piper Maru wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:

@Piper Maru

Thank you for this.  I rarely ever have freak outs, but when I saw this, it made my heart sink.  Some days the rollercoaster is fun and other days I want off this ride before I throw up...
@IoJovi

Haha I understand.

I actually found the tweet pretty funny myself, so I didn't read too much into it. I keep thinking of the opportunities they had to debunk Reylo just like Boyega did with Finnrey, KK with Stormpilot and Pablo with Kylux (lol), and here we are.

Even if Reylo is not a full blown romance, there's *something* going on between Rey and Kylo, and that's why everything about them is kept under wraps.
@Piper Maru

That's the thing... the other ships have been debunked, but it's like no one can discuss Rey and Kylo. They could just say, "It's not romance," but no one at LF has. They know that people have reason to ship Reylo and they aren't saying anything about it.
Cowgirlsamurai
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun - 0:55

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:It is probably worth mentioning that Matt Martin likes tweets a lot. Just about every time I've tweeted him, he has liked it. As with his tweets that appear supportive of Reylo, it could mean everything or nothing. If we freak out over everything we will be worn out come December!
@Mrs Ben Solo

I get that, and I'm a huge liker too, here and elsewhere. If I don't disagree with it, I'll like it.  This person was essentially asking straight up for him to like that tweet.  Still, I couldn't imagine anyone from the story team liking an anti tweet or post.  I couldn't even imagine them liking an anti FinnRey post, which is a debunked ship.

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 20 Jun - 1:16

He had to level the playing field/backtrack because mentioning Kylo's love life was too "on-the-nose".

Big Brother is always watching...
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 20 Jun - 1:16

All this tells me is that getting excited about Matt Martin being a "Reylo" is wishful thinking. He's just going to crack jokes and like who responds to him.

Well at least he gets Kylo's character!
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Tue 20 Jun - 1:17

@IoJovi wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:It is probably worth mentioning that Matt Martin likes tweets a lot. Just about every time I've tweeted him, he has liked it. As with his tweets that appear supportive of Reylo, it could mean everything or nothing. If we freak out over everything we will be worn out come December!
@Mrs Ben Solo

I get that, and I'm a huge liker too, here and elsewhere. If I don't disagree with it, I'll like it.  This person was essentially asking straight up for him to like that tweet.  Still, I couldn't imagine anyone from the story team liking an anti tweet or post.  I couldn't even imagine them liking an anti FinnRey post, which is a debunked ship.
@IoJovi

I'm not ecstatic about MM liking that tweet but there it is. The danger with clinging on to everything MM and PH say and do on Twitter is that occasionally they might tweet or like something which throws the fandom into another spin. Pablo has got more savvy to it over time and doesn't answer as much Star Wars stuff now. Matt is a bit less guarded and he also likes to joke around in a good-humoured way. Neither of them are going to outright confirm or deny Reylo, so deciphering tweets has become some strange form of divination like reading tea leaves, or a Rorschach test. If you want the highs you're gonna have to take the lows, unfortunately.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Tue 20 Jun - 1:19

@Xylo Ren wrote:He had to level the playing field/backtrack because mentioning Kylo's love life was too "on-the-nose".

@Xylo Ren

I'm not usually conspiracy minded, but Pablo's wife did tweet something the other day about their employer being aware of what they said on social media.
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Tue 20 Jun - 1:20

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Xylo Ren wrote:He had to level the playing field/backtrack because mentioning Kylo's love life was too "on-the-nose".

@Xylo Ren

I'm not usually conspiracy minded, but Pablo's wife did tweet something the other day about their employer being aware of what they said on social media.
@Mrs Ben Solo

Dun! Dun! Dunnnnn!!!! :p
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 20 Jun - 1:21

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:

@Xylo Ren

@Mrs Ben Solo

Shocked
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun - 1:26

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

@IoJovi

I'm not ecstatic about MM liking that tweet but there it is. The danger with clinging on to everything MM and PH say and do on Twitter is that occasionally they might tweet or like something which throws the fandom into another spin. Pablo has got more savvy to it over time and doesn't answer as much Star Wars stuff now. Matt is a bit less guarded and he also likes to joke around in a good-humoured way. Neither of them are going to outright confirm or deny Reylo, so deciphering tweets has become some strange form of divination like reading tea leaves, or a Rorschach test. If you want the highs you're gonna have to take the lows, unfortunately.
@Mrs Ben Solo

So true. I'm just so used to those awesome highs, which seemed to come weekly last year in multiple forms. I want that back, dammit!!! Laughing

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun - 1:29

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 20 Jun - 1:31

@IoJovi wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

I get that, and I'm a huge liker too, here and elsewhere.  If I don't disagree with it, I'll like it.  This person was essentially asking straight up for him to like that tweet.  Still, I couldn't imagine anyone from the story team liking an anti tweet or post.  I couldn't even imagine them liking an anti FinnRey post, which is a debunked ship.
@IoJovi

@Mrs Ben Solo

So true.  I'm just so used to those awesome highs, which seemed to come weekly last year in multiple forms.  I want that back, dammit!!!  Laughing
@IoJovi

I wish I had been here when that happened. Euh
Moonlight13
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 20 Jun - 1:35

Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun - 1:36

@Xylo Ren

I swear I need a freaking drink right now. Something strong...

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun - 1:40

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo

I get that, and I'm a huge liker too, here and elsewhere.  If I don't disagree with it, I'll like it.  This person was essentially asking straight up for him to like that tweet.  Still, I couldn't imagine anyone from the story team liking an anti tweet or post.  I couldn't even imagine them liking an anti FinnRey post, which is a debunked ship.
@IoJovi

@Mrs Ben Solo

So true.  I'm just so used to those awesome highs, which seemed to come weekly last year in multiple forms.  I want that back, dammit!!!  Laughing
@IoJovi

I wish I had been here when that happened. Euh
@Moonlight13

It began with this thread here. Enjoy - it's a great read. There were other celebrations we had last year's, but this was a big one.

http://reylo.skyforum.net/t147-jj-abrams-rey-s-parents-are-not-in-episode-vii

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 20 Jun - 1:41

@IoJovi wrote:
@Xylo Ren

I swear I need a freaking drink right now.  Something strong...
@IoJovi

Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun - 1:49

Ha there's even more!!!

https://twitter.com/missingwords/status/876978732870881280

Apparently he hates love. Laughing

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Tue 20 Jun - 1:51

@IoJovi wrote:
@Xylo Ren

@IoJovi

AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun - 1:55

@AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@IoJovi wrote:
@Xylo Ren

@IoJovi

@AppleCrumble122

Please share. I need a strong one right now. I'm starting to understand the context now, and I don't think TPTB understand sometimes how involved some of us are with the romance aspect of the story. Matt's probably a typical dude, loves Star Wars and sees the romance aspect as an after thought. He most likely thought that anti tweet was funny and maybe didn't realize how toxic those people are or how horrible they've been towards us. He's probably more focused on the job itself, which is completely understandable.

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 20 Jun - 2:02

See?

Guy didn't even realized he was "debunking" anything. He just thought the tweet was funny. And "he hates love" lmao. He didn't liked the tweet because he agreed with the anti (he probably doesn't even know what an anti is), he liked it because he thought it meant "to destroy" the love between the characters.
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 20 Jun - 2:08

Just to add:

Breathe, guys. As I said before, they had a hundred opportunities to debunk Reylo, and yet here we are Laughing
Piper Maru
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum