Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 33 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 20 Jun - 3:11

@Piper Maru wrote:Just to add:

Breathe, guys. As I said before, they had a hundred opportunities to debunk Reylo, and yet here we are Laughing
@Piper Maru

Smile
Moonlight13
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 20 Jun - 3:11

The insinuation that Reylo counts as part of the "shipping" he doesn't understand doesn't exactly inspire confidence in canon.

Whatever, I'm sick of reading into people's tweets. Either you believe Reylo is happening or you don't. I know which side I'm leaning toward these days so I'll see when I see!
ZioRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun - 3:15

@Piper Maru wrote:Just to add:

Breathe, guys. As I said before, they had a hundred opportunities to debunk Reylo, and yet here we are Laughing
@Piper Maru

It's of interest this would have been yet ANOTHER opportunity where he could have said yeah it isn't happening, but that's not what went down. I also do believe him where he says he's not allowed to debunk anything, just to play devil's advocate.

Still, there's also another tweet from Rian Johnson which followed the RomanceGate fiasco that essentially low key confirmed Reylo. Sigh of relief accomplished.

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 20 Jun - 3:16

Oh my gosh.

Seriously. The guy:

- Says he "hates love" jokingly and that's why he liked a tweet asking to "destroy" Reylo;
- Says he didn't even know about any debunk, because he didn't remember the tweet and thought it was something from the past;
- Says he just thought it was funny;
- Says he doesn't understand Tumblr culture and all that ensues (shipping drama included);
- Says he likes things indiscriminately.

I don't know how all of that just says "it's not going to be canon". It's actually the opposite to me. M.M. has other priorities, he doesn't care about shipping culture and that's why he doesn't understand the drama. This was the perfect opportunity to close the door on Reylo and he backtracked.
Piper Maru
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 20 Jun - 3:21

@Piper Maru wrote:Oh my gosh.

Seriously. The guy:

- Says he "hates love" jokingly and that's why he liked a tweet asking to "destroy" Reylo;
- Says he didn't even know about any debunk, because he didn't remember the tweet and thought it was something from the past;
- Says he doesn't understand Tumblr culture and all that ensues (shipping drama included);

I don't know how all of that just says "it's not going to be canon". It's actually the opposite to me. M.M. has other priorities, he doesn't care about shipping culture and that's why he doesn't understand the drama. This was the perfect opportunity to close the door on Reylo and he backtracked.
@Piper Maru

I think it's just "a theory" to him. He doesn't understand what it means to shippers.
Moonlight13
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 20 Jun - 3:22

@Moonlight13 wrote:

Seriously. The guy:

@Piper Maru

I think it's just "a theory" to him. He doesn't understand what it means to shippers.
@Moonlight13

Of course it's just a "theory" to him.

And have in mind that he was very nice and actually explained why he liked that tweet. He had absolutely no obligation to do so, and he actually could have said "Yeap, Reylo is not happening. There you have it. I destroyed it."
Piper Maru
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun - 3:23

Seriously. The guy:

@Piper Maru

I see it the same now as well, but can I just get off the rollercoaster for now and ride something more stable, like bumper cars? What's the most kiddie ride you can find at the fair? That's what I want to ride for now...

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 20 Jun - 3:23

Seriously. The guy:

Exactly! I don´t get why people are so negative all the time. Geez. Have some faith! I love you

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 20 Jun - 3:26

@Piper Maru wrote:
@Moonlight13 wrote:

Seriously. The guy:

@Piper Maru

@Moonlight13

Of course it's just a "theory" to him.

And have in mind that he was very nice and actually explained why he liked that tweet. He had absolutely no obligation to do so, and he actually could have said "Yeap, Reylo is not happening. There you have it. I destroyed it."
@Piper Maru

I totally agree. That's what I meant to say.
Moonlight13
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 20 Jun - 3:29

Seriously. The guy:

@Piper Maru

I never said that he debunked anything, just that I'm not reading what others seem to be reading into it. Including those earlier tweets people were celebrating over. Guess I'm just that negative Nancy!
ZioRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Tue 20 Jun - 3:31

@ZioRen wrote:

Seriously. The guy:

@Piper Maru

I never said that he debunked anything, just that I'm not reading what others seem to be reading into it. Including those earlier tweets people were celebrating over. Guess I'm just that negative Nancy!
@ZioRen

Don't worry about it. Smile Everyone reads everything differently! As for myself, I'm not sure what to think. So I've just resigned to not let any social media comment bother me until I see the movie for with my own eyes.
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru on Tue 20 Jun - 3:31

I understand a lot of people are still on edge after RomanceGate, PlotGate and TrevorrowGate but honestly, there's nothing to worry about these tweets (including the one about Kylo's love life).

Matt Martin is just joking, he doesn't even understand how deep our attachment to Reylo goes (and he even said so). For him, Rey and Kylo are just characters he works with, he's attached to them in a different way.
Piper Maru
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Tue 20 Jun - 3:33

Relax.

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 20 Jun - 3:34

@Piper Maru wrote:I understand a lot of people are still on edge after RomanceGate, PlotGate and TrevorrowGate but honestly, there's nothing to worry about these tweets (including the one about Kylo's love life).

Matt Martin is just joking, he doesn't even understand how deep our attachment to Reylo goes (and he even said so). For him, Rey and Kylo are just characters he works with, he's attached to them in a different way.
@Piper Maru

Exactly Smile
Moonlight13
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen on Tue 20 Jun - 3:35

@Kylo Men wrote:Relax.
@Kylo Men

But I'm right in the middle of burning all my Star Wars merchandise and crying into a torn apart Reylo poster! Can I relax in a few minutes?
ZioRen
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun - 3:37

@Moonlight13 wrote:
@Piper Maru wrote:I understand a lot of people are still on edge after RomanceGate, PlotGate and TrevorrowGate but honestly, there's nothing to worry about these tweets (including the one about Kylo's love life).

@Piper Maru

Exactly Smile
@Moonlight13

He doesn't understand shipping culture which tells me right there he's probably completely unfamiliar with the anti-movement.  I'm gathering now he probably didn't even realize that person was an anti and just thought the tweet was funny.  

I still need a drink.

@ZioRen here have one with me. We'll cry into that poster together... Laughing

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Tue 20 Jun - 3:39

@Kylo Men

Now I have that Frankie Goes To Hollywood song as an earworm... which isn't helping because the lyrics are pure filth, lol Wink
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 20 Jun - 3:42

Please everyone relax! Reylo will happen if not in episode VIII in IX! Enjoy the ride and don´t worry so much!
This dude Matt can´t say anything anyways and he bothered to answer that tumblr was a weird place and that he could´t debunk anything! Very Happy
There you have your answer! Reylo is alive and well! Have faith! I love you

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men on Tue 20 Jun - 3:44

I like conversing with Reylo shippers because they are, for the most part, the keenest observers in the Star Wars fandom. I also think it would be the most interesting way for the story to go. Plus, I like being right. But I don't think I'm as attached emotionally to it in a shipping sense.

At this point, I'm 100 percent certain it was the direction that they were planning on going. RJ's statements about essentially planning to write a romantic arc but deciding against it for Episode VIII because it didn't feel right for the characters points only to one place. So now it's just a matter of whether they decided that they needed to get the story to a better position, or if they chose to abandon it altogether. And even Reylo shippers have to admit that some of the choices they made in TFA made it hard on themselves to go in that direction.

Martin just thought the tweet was funny. I thought it was funny. End of story.

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 on Tue 20 Jun - 4:03

We have to keep in mind that if it doesn't happen (I really hope it does I love you ) it's not the end of the world . There are a lot of sad things happening in this world to be worrying about something as simple.
Moonlight13
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun - 4:05

I'm still watching this thing unfold on his Twitter page, and he really seems to think this whole thing stemmed from an old tweet of his before he was part of the story group. He really has no clue about what he "liked"... Laughing. It's kind of precious.

IoJovi

Back to top Go down

Post by tukicarreno on Tue 20 Jun - 4:14

Please read! You see? Everything is fine!

Tuki‏ @tukicarreno
@missingwords Thanks for clearing all that mess up! Phew.. Some fans were on the verge of a serious meltdown!

Matt Martin‏Verified account
Replying to @tukicarreno
If people can do that much digging into super old tweets how did they not see the "I'm in the Story Group now" tweet that came later!

tukicarreno
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren on Tue 20 Jun - 4:18

His clarifications seriously look like an attempt to keep himself out of hot water.

*Matt called into his boss' office tomorrow*

"YOU DEBUNKED WHAAAAAT?!!!"

*panics silently* "I can't debunk anything" "tumblr is whack" "I hate love" "Not actually" "I wasn't on the story team yet" "just--" *LF don't hurt me*
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan on Tue 20 Jun - 4:32

I agree with everyone who thinks that Matt Martin is adorable. I've enjoyed the heck out of his tweets today, even the one where he liked the "destroy reylo" button because it was pretty funny.

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@Kylo Men

Now I have that Frankie Goes To Hollywood song as an earworm... which isn't helping because the lyrics are pure filth, lol Wink
@Mrs Ben Solo

I just had to listen to it after this. I prefer the original 12" version. XD
Will always be grateful to Zoolander for introducing me to this awesomeness.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 20 Jun - 4:36

@Kylo Men wrote:I like conversing with Reylo shippers because they are, for the most part, the keenest observers in the Star Wars fandom. I also think it would be the most interesting way for the story to go. Plus, I like being right. But I don't think I'm as attached emotionally to it in a shipping sense.

At this point, I'm 100 percent certain it was the direction that they were planning on going. RJ's statements about essentially planning to write a romantic arc but deciding against it for Episode VIII because it didn't feel right for the characters points only to one place. So now it's just a matter of whether they decided that they needed to get the story to a better position, or if they chose to abandon it altogether. And even Reylo shippers have to admit that some of the choices they made in TFA made it hard on themselves to go in that direction.

Martin just thought the tweet was funny. I thought it was funny. End of story.
@Kylo Men

That's it exactly. Even if it doesn't happen for some reason, it'll be difficult to convince me that TFA wasn't originally set up for it to happen.

I think the issue is the bullying and the gaslighting that took place elsewhere on the internet where people who weren't necessarily "shippers" but simply saw what was set up between Rey and Kylo as foreshadowing were told that they were crazy, abusive, etc.

There's a certain amount of vindication involved here, so hopefully, if it doesn't happen, there will be some "Making of" or "Behind the scenes" book or documentary or something where it's acknowledged that that's what JJ had originally intended to set up.

I do think that if they hadn't had Kylo kill Han (if it had been Luke doing it by accident as originally planned), we'd have a higher chance of full-blow romantic Reylo in TLJ.

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum