Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by snufkin on Tue 20 Jun - 3:37

@Xylo Ren wrote:His clarifications seriously look like an attempt to keep himself out of hot water.

*Matt called into his boss' office tomorrow*

"YOU DEBUNKED WHAAAAAT?!!!"

*panics silently* "I can't debunk anything" "tumblr is whack" "I hate love" "Not actually" "I wasn't on the story team yet" "just--" *LF don't hurt me*
@Xylo Ren

"You better go back to making jokes about how Space Warlocks like to spend their free time masturbating if you want to keep working here!" Actually considering Carrie Fisher's toxicology report in the news, getting asked questions like that are probably better than the alternative. Otherwise I wouldn't read too much into it or get stressed out about a Tweet. At least not one that doesn't have to do with politics.


Last edited by snufkin on Tue 20 Jun - 3:48; edited 1 time in total
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5296
Likes : 22607
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by IoJovi on Tue 20 Jun - 3:38

@Xylo Ren wrote:His clarifications seriously look like an attempt to keep himself out of hot water.

*Matt called into his boss' office tomorrow*

"YOU DEBUNKED WHAAAAAT?!!!"

*panics silently* "I can't debunk anything" "tumblr is whack" "I hate love" "Not actually" "I wasn't on the story team yet" "just--" *LF don't hurt me*
@Xylo Ren

I'm just glad we can call this done and over. It's clear to me now he didn't understand quite what he was liking, and combined with a tendency to like most things anyway, I can see how this would happen. Everything is alright. For now, anyway... Laughing

_________________
"By the grace of your training, I will not be seduced."

Yeah.  Keep telling yourself that, buddy...
avatar
IoJovi
Moderator

Messages : 5490
Likes : 29766
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 101
Localisation : Atlanta, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by MeadowofAshes on Tue 20 Jun - 4:01

God bless the story group for putting up with us.  Laughing
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1501
Likes : 8363
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by snufkin on Tue 20 Jun - 5:11

I'm sure they don't realize that in some cases, the people asking questions related to things like shipping are really young. Different and new type of fan versus the usual types of interactions/interests. If nothing else, hanging around here has me thinking I need to do some kind of ethnographic study about fans and then peddle that to media companies as marketing/PR.

Now for the actual important questions to ask, I'm also shocked that nobody has not yet asked in a Tweet where the Vader burned out helmet is when Kylo's having his private time? 'Cause that sure looked like a pretty small room from the one confession scene. Seems like it'd be awkward if Grandpa Force Ghost is hanging around very small living quarters while Kylo's grooming the Wookie. Or being a 3rd wheel if his original plan of getting the Scavenger Girl to give him the map and then taking her back to his room so he could show off what he'd found in the Imperial Archives.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5296
Likes : 22607
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Lily Snape on Tue 20 Jun - 5:27

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:I like conversing with Reylo shippers because they are, for the most part, the keenest observers in the Star Wars fandom. I also think it would be the most interesting way for the story to go. Plus, I like being right. But I don't think I'm as attached emotionally to it in a shipping sense.

At this point, I'm 100 percent certain it was the direction that they were planning on going. RJ's statements about essentially planning to write a romantic arc but deciding against it for Episode VIII because it didn't feel right for the characters points only to one place. So now it's just a matter of whether they decided that they needed to get the story to a better position, or if they chose to abandon it altogether. And even Reylo shippers have to admit that some of the choices they made in TFA made it hard on themselves to go in that direction.  

Martin just thought the tweet was funny. I thought it was funny. End of story.
@Kylo Men

That's it exactly. Even if it doesn't happen for some reason, it'll be difficult to convince me that TFA wasn't originally set up for it to happen.

I think the issue is the bullying and the gaslighting that took place elsewhere on the internet where people who weren't necessarily "shippers" but simply saw what was set up between Rey and Kylo as foreshadowing were told that they were crazy, abusive, etc.

There's a certain amount of vindication involved here, so hopefully, if it doesn't happen, there will be some "Making of" or "Behind the scenes" book or documentary or something where it's acknowledged that that's what JJ had originally intended to set up.

I do think that if they hadn't had Kylo kill Han (if it had been Luke doing it by accident as originally planned), we'd have a higher chance of full-blow romantic Reylo in TLJ.
@ISeeAnIsland

I think Reylo and other Mystery Box elements are why the "Making of TFA" book, which as I recall was supposed to be out fall 2016, still isn't out.  I love "Making of..." books, but they always lack something if they are out before the film is and are trying not to give things away-- case in point the one for "Fantastic Beasts" which is doing its darndest to hide the two Big Reveals that come at the end of the film.  Obviously TFA is out, but there is still so much being hidden-- that's my theory for why the "Making of TFA" book has not been released.  You can't explain those choker shots or the difference between Poe's interrogation and Rey's or the reason to throw in the bridal carry if you have something to hide.
avatar
Lily Snape
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Messages : 257
Likes : 1352
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by tintarelladiluna on Tue 20 Jun - 6:14

@snufkin wrote:I'm sure they don't realize that in some cases, the people asking questions related to things like shipping are really young. Different and new type of fan versus the usual types of interactions/interests. If nothing else, hanging around here has me thinking I need to do some kind of ethnographic study about fans and then peddle that to media companies as marketing/PR.

Now for the actual important questions to ask, I'm also shocked that nobody has not yet asked in a Tweet where the Vader burned out helmet is when Kylo's having his private time? 'Cause that sure looked like a pretty small room from the one confession scene. Seems like it'd be awkward if Grandpa Force Ghost is hanging around very small living quarters while Kylo's grooming the Wookie. Or being a 3rd wheel if his original plan of getting the Scavenger Girl to give him the map and then taking her back to his room so he could show off what he'd found in the Imperial Archives.
@snufkin

In fact, in the adult novelization Vader's helmet is in a sort of sanctuary (pag. 159), not in is private quarters like it's stated in the script. I still don't understand why they chose to change the location Rolling Eyes
avatar
tintarelladiluna
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 54
Likes : 221
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25
Age : 18
Localisation : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 20 Jun - 6:14

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:I like conversing with Reylo shippers because they are, for the most part, the keenest observers in the Star Wars fandom. I also think it would be the most interesting way for the story to go. Plus, I like being right. But I don't think I'm as attached emotionally to it in a shipping sense.

At this point, I'm 100 percent certain it was the direction that they were planning on going. RJ's statements about essentially planning to write a romantic arc but deciding against it for Episode VIII because it didn't feel right for the characters points only to one place. So now it's just a matter of whether they decided that they needed to get the story to a better position, or if they chose to abandon it altogether. And even Reylo shippers have to admit that some of the choices they made in TFA made it hard on themselves to go in that direction.

Martin just thought the tweet was funny. I thought it was funny. End of story.
@Kylo Men

That's it exactly. Even if it doesn't happen for some reason, it'll be difficult to convince me that TFA wasn't originally set up for it to happen.

I think the issue is the bullying and the gaslighting that took place elsewhere on the internet where people who weren't necessarily "shippers" but simply saw what was set up between Rey and Kylo as foreshadowing were told that they were crazy, abusive, etc.

There's a certain amount of vindication involved here, so hopefully, if it doesn't happen, there will be some "Making of" or "Behind the scenes" book or documentary or something where it's acknowledged that that's what JJ had originally intended to set up.

I do think that if they hadn't had Kylo kill Han (if it had been Luke doing it by accident as originally planned), we'd have a higher chance of full-blow romantic Reylo in TLJ.
@ISeeAnIsland

This is what I hope as well. At first I wondered if they'll ever admit how chaotic the process of TFA was, but given how much emphasis they now have on "LOL we have no idea what we're doing, things can change any minute" and how freely they talked about the changes to Rogue One... It's weird though, I feel like when TFA came out and right afterwards, they seemed really keen on emphasising that everything was under control. Now, it seems like Lucasfilm has switched to taking pride in chaos instead.

One day, I'd love to hear JJ's take on the conflict, if there was one. Pablo has thrown shade at JJ and his take on Kylo etc. on many occasions, but as far as I know JJ has never been anything but respectful towards LF.

It's like I have two mindsets about Reylo. I liked what I saw and imagined scenarios how the story could go - so I loved the dynamic, and fell in love largely with my own imagination, I guess. And the other side of it is wanting vindication after all the gaslighting, as you say. Well, I actually think we got a fair bit of vindication already, from JJ's commentary especially. We were totally right about Rey and Kylo being mysteriously connected to each other - even when we were mocked for it - and those moments of connection just happened to come with heavy romance tropes. Imagine that.

It would be a shame if it didn't happen but I'd get over it. But if it turned out things really were changed to this extent, I'd have a really hard time respecting the story, though. In this case, TLJ could be a great new story, but it would have a total disconnect from TFA. They'd have started one story and then lost the plot (literally) and scrambled for a new, and probably watered-down, plot. And at the same time, after RO I have a hard time believing Lucasfilm would deliberately water things down...

This is why I still do believe Reylo is happening, even if all of this other stuff isn't exactly inspiring confidence.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3820
Likes : 24836
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 20 Jun - 6:25

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:I like conversing with Reylo shippers because they are, for the most part, the keenest observers in the Star Wars fandom. I also think it would be the most interesting way for the story to go. Plus, I like being right. But I don't think I'm as attached emotionally to it in a shipping sense.

At this point, I'm 100 percent certain it was the direction that they were planning on going. RJ's statements about essentially planning to write a romantic arc but deciding against it for Episode VIII because it didn't feel right for the characters points only to one place. So now it's just a matter of whether they decided that they needed to get the story to a better position, or if they chose to abandon it altogether. And even Reylo shippers have to admit that some of the choices they made in TFA made it hard on themselves to go in that direction.

Martin just thought the tweet was funny. I thought it was funny. End of story.
@Kylo Men

That's it exactly. Even if it doesn't happen for some reason, it'll be difficult to convince me that TFA wasn't originally set up for it to happen.

I think the issue is the bullying and the gaslighting that took place elsewhere on the internet where people who weren't necessarily "shippers" but simply saw what was set up between Rey and Kylo as foreshadowing were told that they were crazy, abusive, etc.

There's a certain amount of vindication involved here, so hopefully, if it doesn't happen, there will be some "Making of" or "Behind the scenes" book or documentary or something where it's acknowledged that that's what JJ had originally intended to set up.

I do think that if they hadn't had Kylo kill Han (if it had been Luke doing it by accident as originally planned), we'd have a higher chance of full-blow romantic Reylo in TLJ.
@ISeeAnIsland

This is what I hope as well. At first I wondered if they'll ever admit how chaotic the process of TFA was, but given how much emphasis they now have on "LOL we have no idea what we're doing, things can change any minute" and how freely they talked about the changes to Rogue One... It's weird though, I feel like when TFA came out and right afterwards, they seemed really keen on emphasising that everything was under control. Now, it seems like Lucasfilm has switched to taking pride in chaos instead.

One day, I'd love to hear JJ's take on the conflict, if there was one. Pablo has thrown shade at JJ and his take on Kylo etc. on many occasions, but as far as I know JJ has never been anything but respectful towards LF.

It's like I have two mindsets about Reylo. I liked what I saw and imagined scenarios how the story could go - so I loved the dynamic, and fell in love largely with my own imagination, I guess. And the other side of it is wanting vindication after all the gaslighting, as you say. Well, I actually think we got a fair bit of vindication already, from JJ's commentary especially. We were totally right about Rey and Kylo being mysteriously connected to each other - even when we were mocked for it - and those moments of connection just happened to come with heavy romance tropes. Imagine that.

It would be a shame if it didn't happen but I'd get over it. But if it turned out things really were changed to this extent, I'd have a really hard time respecting the story, though. In this case, TLJ could be a great new story, but it would have a total disconnect from TFA. They'd have started one story and then lost the plot (literally) and scrambled for a new, and probably watered-down, plot. And at the same time, after RO I have a hard time believing Lucasfilm would deliberately water things down...

This is why I still do believe Reylo is happening, even if all of this other stuff isn't exactly inspiring confidence.
@Darth Dingbat

Nothing much to add really. Very in tune with my own thoughts.
I'll also add I'am curious as heck about Pablo's reasons not to love TFA that much. Has he ever speak about his reasons? Or was it just on the continuity level (The opening crawl mentioned Leia had a support of the Republic, but in SG canon she had not.)
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3291
Likes : 15005
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by tintarelladiluna on Tue 20 Jun - 6:29

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@Kylo Men wrote:I like conversing with Reylo shippers because they are, for the most part, the keenest observers in the Star Wars fandom. I also think it would be the most interesting way for the story to go. Plus, I like being right. But I don't think I'm as attached emotionally to it in a shipping sense.

At this point, I'm 100 percent certain it was the direction that they were planning on going. RJ's statements about essentially planning to write a romantic arc but deciding against it for Episode VIII because it didn't feel right for the characters points only to one place. So now it's just a matter of whether they decided that they needed to get the story to a better position, or if they chose to abandon it altogether. And even Reylo shippers have to admit that some of the choices they made in TFA made it hard on themselves to go in that direction.  

Martin just thought the tweet was funny. I thought it was funny. End of story.
@Kylo Men

That's it exactly. Even if it doesn't happen for some reason, it'll be difficult to convince me that TFA wasn't originally set up for it to happen.

I think the issue is the bullying and the gaslighting that took place elsewhere on the internet where people who weren't necessarily "shippers" but simply saw what was set up between Rey and Kylo as foreshadowing were told that they were crazy, abusive, etc.

There's a certain amount of vindication involved here, so hopefully, if it doesn't happen, there will be some "Making of" or "Behind the scenes" book or documentary or something where it's acknowledged that that's what JJ had originally intended to set up.

I do think that if they hadn't had Kylo kill Han (if it had been Luke doing it by accident as originally planned), we'd have a higher chance of full-blow romantic Reylo in TLJ.
@ISeeAnIsland

This is what I hope as well. At first I wondered if they'll ever admit how chaotic the process of TFA was, but given how much emphasis they now have on "LOL we have no idea what we're doing, things can change any minute" and how freely they talked about the changes to Rogue One... It's weird though, I feel like when TFA came out and right afterwards, they seemed really keen on emphasising that everything was under control. Now, it seems like Lucasfilm has switched to taking pride in chaos instead.

One day, I'd love to hear JJ's take on the conflict, if there was one. Pablo has thrown shade at JJ and his take on Kylo etc. on many occasions, but as far as I know JJ has never been anything but respectful towards LF.

It's like I have two mindsets about Reylo. I liked what I saw and imagined scenarios how the story could go - so I loved the dynamic, and fell in love largely with my own imagination, I guess. And the other side of it is wanting vindication after all the gaslighting, as you say. Well, I actually think we got a fair bit of vindication already, from JJ's commentary especially. We were totally right about Rey and Kylo being mysteriously connected to each other - even when we were mocked for it - and those moments of connection just happened to come with heavy romance tropes. Imagine that.

It would be a shame if it didn't happen but I'd get over it. But if it turned out things really were changed to this extent, I'd have a really hard time respecting the story, though. In this case, TLJ could be a great new story, but it would have a total disconnect from TFA. They'd have started one story and then lost the plot (literally) and scrambled for a new, and probably watered-down, plot. And at the same time, after RO I have a hard time believing Lucasfilm would deliberately water things down...

This is why I still do believe Reylo is happening, even if all of this other stuff isn't exactly inspiring confidence.
@Darth Dingbat

Always remember this and have faith I love you



I've never been on a rollercoaster before but after joining the Reylo family I don't think I need to try one Laughing
avatar
tintarelladiluna
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 54
Likes : 221
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25
Age : 18
Localisation : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Darth Dingbat on Tue 20 Jun - 6:51

You know, I think a lot of Reylos are reacting badly to things like this and the VF fiasco because, basically, it looks like gaslighting and we've had enough of gaslighting already.

So we've got explicit confirmation of many of our core interpretations, like Rey and Kylo being mysteriously connected and having intertwined destinies, and Kylo being a conflicted "vulnerable warlord" and deliberately made to look like a prince, and everything that came out of JJ's commentary, and the teaser poster in which the hovering "vulnerable warlord" quietly confirms the core dynamics of the Ahch-To Force plot, and so on.

But at the same time, instead of being left to our own devices to interpret and enjoy whatever we're given, we seem to get slapped with, "Those shippers, amirite? Always making things up and indulging their stupid feminine fantasies of romance. Upon my word, I don't understand why people ship at all!" As if it were somehow strange that people see a potential romance between the heroine and the vulnerable warlord who looks like a prince and who she shares a mysterious connection and shared destiny with.

I mean, come on now.
avatar
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3820
Likes : 24836
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Darth_Awakened on Tue 20 Jun - 7:03

@Darth Dingbat wrote:You know, I think a lot of Reylos are reacting badly to things like this and the VF fiasco because, basically, it looks like gaslighting and we've had enough of gaslighting already.

So we've got explicit confirmation of many of our core interpretations, like Rey and Kylo being mysteriously connected and having intertwined destinies, and Kylo being a conflicted "vulnerable warlord" and deliberately made to look like a prince, and everything that came out of JJ's commentary, and the teaser poster in which the hovering "vulnerable warlord" quietly confirms the core dynamics of the Ahch-To Force plot, and so on.

But at the same time, instead of being left to our own devices to interpret and enjoy whatever we're given, we seem to get slapped with, "Those shippers, amirite? Always making things up and indulging their stupid feminine fantasies of romance. Upon my word, I don't understand why people ship at all!" As if it were somehow strange that people see a potential romance between the heroine and the vulnerable warlord who looks like a prince and who she shares a mysterious connection and shared destiny with.

I mean, come on now.
@Darth Dingbat

LOL
After reading the bolded the really strange thing would be NOT SEEING IT.

EDIT:
On the other hand I really shouldn't be surprised about "NOT SEEING IT" given Jyn/Cassian co-worker nonsense.

btw, a new colleague has arrived at my work. Not that I'am ogling him, we're just co-workers. Embarassed
avatar
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 3291
Likes : 15005
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Kylo Men on Tue 20 Jun - 10:25

@Darth Dingbat wrote:
So we've got explicit confirmation of many of our core interpretations, like Rey and Kylo being mysteriously connected and having intertwined destinies, and Kylo being a conflicted "vulnerable warlord" and deliberately made to look like a prince, and everything that came out of JJ's commentary, and the teaser poster in which the hovering "vulnerable warlord" quietly confirms the core dynamics of the Ahch-To Force plot, and so on.

I think one of Martin's most Reylo-y tweets so far is the one about Rey and the light saber where he says it's like Excalibur and chooses its hero(ine). That's the No. 1 piece of Reywalker evidence, the family connection between Rey and the saber, and he basically debunked it, and confirmed a popular Reylo interpretation. It doesn't for sure mean she's not a Skywalker, but it certainly implies she's not. And once she's not Skywalker .... well you know the rest.

Kylo Men
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 151
Likes : 528
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by tintarelladiluna on Tue 20 Jun - 19:52

Am I going bananas or have some posts disappeared?!

Edit: I am in fact going bananas, I think I confused this topic for another lol!
avatar
tintarelladiluna
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 54
Likes : 221
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25
Age : 18
Localisation : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by ISeeAnIsland on Tue 20 Jun - 19:59

@tintarelladiluna wrote:Am I going bananas or have some posts disappeared?!
@tintarelladiluna

I moved them to the Fan Fatigue thread in Maz's Castle, since they really weren't about Tweets, etc, any more.

_________________
Hoping Rey is "riding solo" for the ST...
avatar
ISeeAnIsland
Moderator

Messages : 4024
Likes : 20881
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-25
Localisation : Seattle, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by tintarelladiluna on Tue 20 Jun - 20:01

@ISeeAnIsland wrote:
@tintarelladiluna wrote:Am I going bananas or have some posts disappeared?!
@tintarelladiluna

I moved them to the Fan Fatigue thread in Maz's Castle, since they really weren't about Tweets, etc, any more.
@ISeeAnIsland

Ah, now I see! Thank you for helping my puzzled self!
avatar
tintarelladiluna
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 54
Likes : 221
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25
Age : 18
Localisation : Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by MeadowofAshes on Wed 21 Jun - 1:20

*cough* Rey *cough*

Now I'm imagining Kylo singing "If I could only think with my brain!"


Last edited by MeadowofAshes on Wed 21 Jun - 1:22; edited 1 time in total
avatar
MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1501
Likes : 8363
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Wed 21 Jun - 1:21

@MeadowofAshes wrote:*cough* Rey *cough*
@MeadowofAshes

Sounds like the Ahch-To plot with Luke and Kylo xD
avatar
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1461
Likes : 8114
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by rey09 on Wed 21 Jun - 1:25

damn pablo making a rare once in a lifetime reylo-ish-ish comment, cause you know kylo is THE most damaged and incomplete of em all lol
avatar
rey09
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Messages : 534
Likes : 2648
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Lovely_Rose on Wed 21 Jun - 1:29

I like that he said "men" so that we know it's not just Luke he's referencing

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 13
Likes : 93
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Wed 21 Jun - 1:32

It could also mean the new female leads in general. Jyn also lead a group of damaged men. Cassian was conflicted about what he did for the Rebellion, Bodhi wanted to redeem himself after serving the Empire, Baze lost faith in his beliefs and he and Chirrut had their homeworld destroyed.
avatar
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1461
Likes : 8114
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Wed 21 Jun - 1:36

@AppleCrumble122 wrote:It could also mean the new female leads in general. Jyn also lead a group of damaged men. Cassian was conflicted about what he did for the Rebellion, Bodhi wanted to redeem himself after serving the Empire, Baze lost faith in his beliefs and he and Chirrut had their homeworld destroyed.
@AppleCrumble122

Yeah, PH also liked and replied to my tweet about Dorothy having no love interest... https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/877331562198573057
avatar
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1845
Likes : 12521
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by AppleCrumble122 on Wed 21 Jun - 1:41

@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@AppleCrumble122 wrote:It could also mean the new female leads in general. Jyn also lead a group of damaged men. Cassian was conflicted about what he did for the Rebellion, Bodhi wanted to redeem himself after serving the Empire, Baze lost faith in his beliefs and he and Chirrut had their homeworld destroyed.
@AppleCrumble122

Yeah, PH also liked and replied to my tweet about Dorothy having no love interest... https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/877331562198573057
@Mrs Ben Solo

Romance was never a theme in the Wizard of Oz though. He also said Jyn and Cassian were just "co-workers" despite there being UST and a lingering attraction between them. But that being said, that wasn't the main focus in the film, just in the background.
avatar
AppleCrumble122
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1461
Likes : 8114
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by snufkin on Wed 21 Jun - 1:43

@MeadowofAshes wrote:*cough* Rey *cough*

Now I'm imagining Kylo singing "If I could only think with my brain!"
@MeadowofAshes

As opposed to thinking with a different part of his anatomy :p? Snoke does have a bit of a "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" vibe to him? Though I still prefer the original Dorothy in the books, no Judy Garland trembling voice, crying, or resorting to gender stereotypes. Original Dorothy is a straight forward pragmatist and bad a**, which at least so far is more in line with how Rey's been portrayed. Baum based her on his wife, who was an OG suffragette.
avatar
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 5296
Likes : 22607
Date d'inscription : 2016-04-17
Localisation : it's in the chorus of Pavement's "Unfair"

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Lovely_Rose on Wed 21 Jun - 1:44

Pablo is the type of guy to give an olive-branch and then immediately snatch it back. I don't really like pushing him on these types of questions because he'll undoubtedly say something like the reply above. He gets on my nerves sometimes, ngl

Lovely_Rose
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Messages : 13
Likes : 93
Date d'inscription : 2017-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussions: Tweets/Instagram

Post by Mrs Ben Solo on Wed 21 Jun - 1:45

@AppleCrumble122 wrote:
@Mrs Ben Solo wrote:
@AppleCrumble122 wrote:It could also mean the new female leads in general. Jyn also lead a group of damaged men. Cassian was conflicted about what he did for the Rebellion, Bodhi wanted to redeem himself after serving the Empire, Baze lost faith in his beliefs and he and Chirrut had their homeworld destroyed.
@AppleCrumble122

Yeah, PH also liked and replied to my tweet about Dorothy having no love interest... https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/877331562198573057
@Mrs Ben Solo

Romance was never a theme in the Wizard of Oz though. He also said Jyn and Cassian were just "co-workers" despite there being UST and a lingering attraction between them. But that being said, that wasn't the main focus in the film, just in the background.
@AppleCrumble122

I know I was just joking because Pablo and Matt are anti-romance Very Happy
avatar
Mrs Ben Solo
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Messages : 1845
Likes : 12521
Date d'inscription : 2016-03-26

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum